It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Originally posted by LostCompletely
Rest assured that if this heterosexual white male were being hazed and had something similar happen to him ("friends" hazing) no one would hear about it. At all. and he would be made fun of afterwards.

Could you elaborate on the point you are trying to make....I'm not sure I follow.

Thanks

I can't speak for the poster who stated this, but I interpreted it as the typical sports/frat CULTure where the hazing is basicly rape. Rape hazings are acceptable because it's a pecking order, but nobody views it as power tripping psychos who have no empathy for the person they're abusing. Everything considered demented, vulgar, and debauched is funny to these people and if you don't laugh with them, you're immediately considered not part of the group and targeted for further abuse. The real damage happens when those who make it through the hazing become desensitized and have no problems participating in the rape/hazing of others. These sick freaks thrive on activities that humiliate and degrade their "friends" and themselves. They are devoid of respect for themselves and have no respect for anyone else either.

Oh, that much I understood. I don't think the hazing rituals amongst athletic clubs is much of a secret anymore. I was just curious as to how the post was relative to this particluar case.

That's where I got lost...But, what you are saying makes sense. They become so desensitized from these rituals that it becomes part of the culture.

So sad really.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

This is the norm in such communities.

If you knew how corrupt mankind was in these places, you'd be as cynical as I am.

People are not good. Where they mass, people like this become a normal fact of life.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is horrific, and it's even more so with the fact they are openly laughing and joking about it, finding it hilarious.

Lately I have noticed the males carrying out these acts are getting younger and younger (I'm not saying women do not carry out these acts, I have actually been more shocked with the too often occurring women who do horrible things to their children, which seems to go against the natural feminine instincts, I am just focusing on males on this case.)

What is turning these young men like this? With more and more of these acts happening its more obvious how sick our society is becoming. We are seemingly going backwards instead of forward!

This is obviously a case of money corrupting, many people across society are rotting at the core, and it's not getting any better.

I cannot imagine how this poor girl feels, humiliated, worthless, angry? I'm not much older than her and can imagine it's the last thing she expected

edit on 4-1-2013 by ssophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ssophia

Lack of Morality.

Its that simple.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericaNeedsToWakeUp
Typical white people. Only white people do stuff like this. It's ok everyone . . . they are white . . . so expect very few comments, ZERO racial comments, and they will be given a pass by white media. Sounds like a hate crime.

Hmmm. You know, I read your post and scratched my head, and came to a conclusion. Rich white folks, so they get off, hmmm. You know who else gets a lot of media time? White on black crime. Just imagine if the young girl that was raped was black? The media would be racing to report this, an it would get an incredible amount of air time, and Al Sharpton would be working overtime for justice.

But, hey, it's just a white girl from a wealthy area, so it is going to take a little more to reach the media, right? See how that works?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

No problem. It's good that the hazing culture is being discussed here though. I believe it certainly plays a big part in what we're seeing in the video. You can easily see how this young punk keeps making jokes as long as his audience is laughing. I don't know for sure, but his body language is telling me that he's getting excited by his friends laughing at his jokes and appears to be trying to hide a hard on. Sorry, mods, but I think this is a huge part of the psychopathy we're seeing here. You can see not long after he starts making jokes and getting a positive reaction from his buds that he starts pulling at the crotch of his pants. Then, he gets up and puts one foot on something (a chair or table) and keeps it there for a long time until it appears that he has his issue under control. According to his jokes and the names he drops, he seems to have a vast knowledge of criminals and crimes, which he also finds humorous. My conclusion, crimes involving sexual assault and murder turn this kid on and he is extremely excited that his friends are sharing his enthusiasm, which is stroking his over inflated ego. If debauched hazings are going on in this football team, which is highly likely, he is most certainly one of the ring leaders and instigators.
Just my two cents though. I'm not claiming to be 100% correct here. The above are just my observations.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I Have been sitting here for the better part of 15 minutes trying to think of a way to properly express my rage and disgust. I can't do it with out violating some sort of law that would surely have me locked in a V.A. locked ward so fast it would make my head spin.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Even my cold blood is heated at this wanton display of privilege, corruption and injustice. I cannot see any type of defense that could be raised to slander the young woman. It is as plain as day -- Those spoiled boys took advantage of her, had their way with her, and finally got their corrupt relatives/friends to back them up and protect them.

At the very least a state prosecutor should be called in. A change of venue to get this trial out of this town and its farcical attempt at justice. Anyone that had anything to do with the coverup should be treated as a suspect. The prime suspects need to have a hearing that makes them accountable as adults.

Finally and, I hate to say this, but I hope the actions of Anon do not make this evidence inadmissible in some way. The wheels of corruption have done much worse before. I hope I am wrong about that.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wish.....I wish.....

I wish I had the words. I wish I had some way to reach out to her. I wish I could meet those young men....

I wish......and I'm so damned tired of wishing. Why do people do this? Intentionally harming another?

I wish......Dec 21 had really meant something.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No problem. It's good that the hazing culture is being discussed here though. I believe it certainly plays a big part in what we're seeing in the video. You can easily see how this young punk keeps making jokes as long as his audience is laughing. I don't know for sure, but his body language is telling me that he's getting excited by his friends laughing at his jokes and appears to be trying to hide a hard on. Sorry, mods, but I think this is a huge part of the psychopathy we're seeing here. You can see not long after he starts making jokes and getting a positive reaction from his buds that he starts pulling at the crotch of his pants. Then, he gets up and puts one foot on something (a chair or table) and keeps it there for a long time until it appears that he has his issue under control. According to his jokes and the names he drops, he seems to have a vast knowledge of criminals and crimes, which he also finds humorous. My conclusion, crimes involving sexual assault and murder turn this kid on and he is extremely excited that his friends are sharing his enthusiasm, which is stroking his over inflated ego. If debauched hazings are going on in this football team, which is highly likely, he is most certainly one of the ring leaders and instigators.
Just my two cents though. I'm not claiming to be 100% correct here. The above are just my observations.

I noticed that as well....as long as his audience was laughing he kept the disgusting banter going...trying to make each disgusting comment more "comical" than the next.

I didn't notice the tugging of the crotch area and it's not likely I will go back and watch that mess again so, I'll take your word for it.

It wouldn't surprise me though...not in the least.

From what I understand, this particular kid in the video had already graduated so, he likely already endured the desensitizing aspect of the hazing ritual.

Regardless of what caused this type of behavior.....it is sub-human and absolutely disgusting.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I wish.....I wish.....

I wish I had the words. I wish I had some way to reach out to her. I wish I could meet those young men....

I wish......and I'm so damned tired of wishing. Why do people do this? Intentionally harming another?

I wish......Dec 21 had really meant something.

I had very similiar thoughts when I read about this story yesterday.

It's sad to see the blatant disregard for other people's safety, well-being and dignity.

I have to admit...I'm getting really tired of trying to remain optimistic in this world.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I don't blame you for not wanting to watch it again. I'm hoping that just the one time I watched it won't cause me to hear his disgusting laughter as I'm trying to fall asleep tonight. Maybe someone else can chime in and say whether or not he's trying to hide his "excitement". It certainly appears that he witnessed the rape, so maybe his memories as well as his audience's laughter is giving him an erection. The perfect combo to get him going. Just plain disgusting.

Reading the comments, I think from the Glenn Beck site, one poster stated that her rape was instigated by her ex-boyfriend. Does anyone know if this is true? Was he on the football team, too?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What went through their head when they committed such a disgusting crime ? I cant even...
did they think they could get away with it ? this is so disgusting ,
they should be gutted like the pigs they are .
edit on 4-1-2013 by lostangel818 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
After much thought and consideration of the facts...

I've come to a firm conclusion.

Atrocities like these, in my humble opinion, wouldn't happen if:
1. There were more harsh punishments for crimes with victims
2. Less loopholes and lawyers to allow criminals to "get away with murder"
3. Parents that actually gave a damn about what their children are out doing
And a whole list of other things, I'm sure.

But I honestly blame the system as a whole.
If you were a young adult growing up and knew that the act of rape meant castration, I'd imagine you'd be less likely to perform that act. Knowing that you have the protection of higher authorities, money or fame from getting any type of punishment must enable these kids to feel "untouchable". Like most of their "tweets" showed.

It is a heinous crime with a poor victim. There is no sympathy for these kids.
The book should be thrown at them, bar-none. Set an example.
Unfortunately...I don't think this will happen.

Steubenville is just as screwed up as the rest of this nation.
Everyone thinks they can get away with this type of apathetic behavior.
CONgress, our gov't, local gov't the whole lot of them, they are all the same.
Money = power = no jail time.

Until it catches up with them.
And it will...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I don't blame you for not wanting to watch it again. I'm hoping that just the one time I watched it won't cause me to hear his disgusting laughter as I'm trying to fall asleep tonight. Maybe someone else can chime in and say whether or not he's trying to hide his "excitement". It certainly appears that he witnessed the rape, so maybe his memories as well as his audience's laughter is giving him an erection. The perfect combo to get him going. Just plain disgusting.

Reading the comments, I think from the Glenn Beck site, one poster stated that her rape was instigated by her ex-boyfriend. Does anyone know if this is true? Was he on the football team, too?

I heard this as well. She supposedly broke up with him and he didn't take to kindly to it. I read somewhere that he posted on his twitter account something to the effect of "nobody breaks up with me"

He allegedly, after a period of time, had one of his friends pretend he was interested in her in order to get her to attend a party with said friend.

I've been on several different sites reading up on this so, if I come across it again....I'll link the article.

If true, this is pretty disgusting stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

What a shining example of they're parents seed,NOT.
second line

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostangel818
What went through their head when they committed such a disgusting crime ? I cant even...
did they think they could get away with it ? this is so disgusting ,
they should be gutted like the pigs they are .
edit on 4-1-2013 by lostangel818 because: (no reason given)

I think you hit the nail.....they actually did think they could get away with it!

That is apparently the culture of that town. The athletes are the "heros" therefore, untouchable.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I read a few things that pointed to a certain individuals name.
The link from LocalLinks will tell you alot that you should know.
He was her boyfriend and had the nerve to say "No one breaks up with (insert his name)!"
About a month prior to the incident.

What a cocky, arrogant piece of work right?
So, from what I know...he wanted revenge over a stupid break-up.
Because he's so big and bad.

Sad thing is...I don't think he is even being charged.

edit on 4-1-2013 by havok because: clarity

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thanks, ME and Havok for answering my question about the ex-boyfriend.
If true, he needs to be charged if he hasn't been already. I bet he's a pretty boy and won't have to worry about getting rejected by Bubba in the Big House. Who says prison doesn't help people get over their issues?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

I read a few things that pointed to a certain individuals name.
The link from LocalLinks will tell you alot that you should know.
He was her boyfriend and had the nerve to say "No one breaks up with (insert his name)!"
About a month prior to the incident.

What a cocky, arrogant piece of work right?
So, from what I know...he wanted revenge over a stupid break-up.
Because he's so big and bad.

Sad thing is...I don't think he is even being charged.

:dn

edit on 4-1-2013 by havok because: clarity

That's what I read too and you're right, he isn't one of two currently being charged even though a lot of the twitter and fb posts that were captured and saved were from the ex-boyriend.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join