It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Could not agree more. Fire that sleaze ball.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

This is so sad that ive just gone numb..It Does seem unreal,its just so abysmally horrible.Violence and bullying starts early at government schools in my country,in my son's case,he was badly injured at school,so i immediate put him in a smaller school,with an British curriculum.At least from child-child violence he's safe now.But still..its Always in the back of a mother's mind.A parent's worst nightmare.No matter what school,if my children are at school,im waiting for them to come home before i can completely exhale,if you know what i mean.This is going to have far-reaching consequences,i think,this horror.

link   

link   
I'm torn here...It is without a doubt a very horrible story but I can't get my head around why it's different than a drone strike in say Pakistan where innocent children are killed or any other act of aggression worldwide that results in the death of children...Why is this more horrific???

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It is really horrible.

It is just as horrible when little thought is given to foreign children whom die when their schools are bombed by airstrikes. One case comes to mind where 47 children and adults died in a single incident.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just a few minutes ago a thread was started that said a man posted on 4chan that he was going to kill many people and himself on friday. It was posted with graphic pictures of other school shootings. it was 404'd just now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

4:52 p.m: Ryan Lanza, 24, brother of gunman Adam Lanza, 20, tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a "personality disorder." Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as "odd" and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
source: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

It is not. It is all terrible.

link   

edit on 14-12-2012 by Steffenfield because: Someone posted this before me.

link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
Just a few minutes ago a thread was started that said a man posted on 4chan that he was going to kill many people and himself on friday. It was posted with graphic pictures of other school shootings. it was 404'd just now.

If that is serious you should report it to the authorities.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Tragic story, I really don't understand how someone could just shoot innocent children. Its times like this I wished I believed in heaven and hell, killer should have been strung up and tortured for the rest of his life, instead he faces no punishment

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
I'm torn here...It is without a doubt a very horrible story but I can't get my head around why it's different than a drone strike in say Pakistan where innocent children are killed or any other act of aggression worldwide that results in the death of children...Why is this more horrific???

Its not any less horrific or more horrific...but its definitely different. When innocent people die due to war, people still feel bad but, it does not have the impact that an intentional targeting of 20 kids in an enclosed location. Both are sad both are tragic. But casualties are war are almost expected and almost unavoidable if your enemy is within a population of civilians. Apples and oranges.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150

Do you have the original link? Perhaps we can find a cached version of the page.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wonder how the worlds press got their so quick. Makes me sick them holding camera's in peoples faces basically asking how afraid they were. Anyone else feel like the 'be afraid & be bad'' notch got turned up

link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

It's location. If it was iran that bombed a school in our back yard, there would be moral outrage from us. When it happens in someone else's backyard, it's just collateral damage.

Speaking in general terms of course, I am morally outraged reguardless of where it happens. But not many here even want to hear about it, let alone discuss it with me(here as in real life location, not here on ATS)
edit on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:19:28 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   
My deepest sympathies go out to the family and friends of the poor victims of this mad man. He`s dead and that's good but questions will go unanswered and experts on all sides will give their opinions. People on both sides of the gun debate will try to use this sad event as fodder for pushing thier agenda but the sad truth is one man for some unexplainable reason decided to kill the most innocent of us all. Sadly, no laws, no bans, no religion,no psychology, no government intervention will prevent such an event from happening again. One person bent on killing will find a way.This is humanity at its worst...I pray there is a hell and I pray this piece of human $hit is burning in it.

Bill

link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by bknapple32

I think everyone should take a minute to stop posting, and have a little bit of personal silence for the children who have lost their innocence today. For the victims who were shot. And the victims who were forced to witness it all happen.
SO much innocence gone in one broad stroke. Sad day to be alive.

OH BARF!

SILENCE will not bring these children back or SAVE any children in the future! This is NOT the time to be SILENT but to get to the bottom of WHY this happened and correct it. NOW!

As for this is a 'sad day to be alive'? Wow, I hope none of the parents with dead children can hear that remark. 27 or more dead?
I say that makes it a GREAT day to be alive and to rejoice in being alive knowing we are able to stand up and make sure nothing like this ever happens again. Not go all soapy soft mourning we’re still breathing!

Gawds I'm sick to death of milk-sop sentimentality that amounts to NOTHING in the end.

What we NEED it to STOP being SILENT and GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING! STAND UP and RIGHT what’s WRONG! Actively take a STAND and put and end to the demolition and degradation of society, the family, morals and quit sucking our thumbs in the corner being 'silent'!

peace
edit on 14-12-2012 by silo13 because: my bold fix

All I said was take a moment of silence for the victims. I know you are angry at what happened today, we all are. No need to take it out on one another. As for it being a sad day to be alive comment. It is. For us. Not for the innocent survivors. Im talking about the state of things as they are with countless shootings that seem to happen more and more.

Im sorry my sadness sickened you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Thank you!

edit on 14/12/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing
reply to post by Shdak

Well maybe it should be a little more difficult for some crazy nut to be able to get a gun.
Maybe there should be some serious mental tests before one is able to buy guns.
Surely the answer is not everyone carrying guns around like its the wild wild west is not the answer.
If the teachers were trained with guns they could have stopped this??????
That is not the answer and in fact that is just plain ignorant.

Banning the guns is not an option, since they still can get the gun. There is no way to ban something, if person wants gun, he can get it. I bet in most shootings, the weapon is illegal.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You honestly can't see the difference between an accidental drone attack, and someone shooting children in cold blood

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join