It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoover Bombshell Revealed in Noory/Polisi Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Right now, on Coast To Coast Am, George Noory is interviewing former mafia associate Sal Polisi. Mr. Polisi just dropped a major bomb in the interview.

People who follow this sort of thing believe that the reason the mob was able to control J. Edgar Hoover was that they had photos of him involved in homosexual behavior. There is one former FBI agent who, if I am not mistaken, in a documentary film, said that he had seen the pictures.

Most people believed that the photos were of Hoover with his long time companion, Clyde Tolson.

Polisi just dropped the bomb that the photos in question were of Hoover and Nixon bagman, Roy Cohn, together with a young boy.

I can't help but think that George might have let that through by mistake. That is a major, major revelation, if true.
edit on 12-12-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Interesting of true, but my first reaction was, "So what?".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

The information, if true, and we don't know that it is, would connect Hoover, and a very interesting political insider, Roy Cohn, to the abuse of children ("a young boy"). Many people might say, "We know all that, it's been talked about a lot on ATS."

This particular allegation, if true, brings some very high profile people into the story.

It seems highly likely that if the mob were trying to get something on Hoover, they got to him not through Tolson, but in a set up, with the hypothetical, not proven and not alleged here, cooperation of Roy Cohn.

This, I believe would constitute a major piece of the puzzle for people trying to draw an accurate historical picture of that period, if it is true.

Essentially, it gives a whole new angle of attack to historians of political pedophilia in the US, to biographers of Hoover and to biographers of Cohn. This would constitute a very interesting node of scurrilous activity in political circles, if it actually happened.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I saw something on TV in the 1980s on Australian TV which I think has something to do with the death of Maralyin Munro but I remember it being said that his house keeper I think it was, went to a house at which Hoover was attending, to him a something and when the door was opened she saw Hoover dressed as a woman

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Interesting of true, but my first reaction was, "So what?".

Two homosexual men with a " young boy " = " so what " !??

Really !??

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
In the period when this happened, it would have been considered an outrageous violation of both the law and of community standards of behavior by most people in the society in which Hoover was the chief federal law enforcement officer. He never could have retained office if this activity were known to the public.

In our time it is not unusual for mass murderers and war criminals to retain office, but even in our time, gays who swing with "young boys" are likely to keep the activity private. (I'm not, as should be obvious, implying that there is anything inherently criminal in homosexuality.) Polisi was not specific about the age of the "young boy" involved and I should add, did not say specifically that he had seen the pictures in question.

I wish George had asked him, if he had seen them.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

It has been known for a considerable amount of time, in wider and wider circles, that Hoover was homosexual. Even people in his social circle knew it, if they were close enough to him. The public at large didn't find out until long after he was dead when historians started to reveal information about the period of his political life in documentaries about the mafia and about Hoover's association with the Kennedy assassination.

I was a kid when Kennedy was killed. Homosexuality was very closeted and regarded with public disapproval and all sorts of sneering, s'n-word'ing rudeness. In some quarters it is still so regarded, but among sophisticates, it has always been tolerated, at the very least.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
During that time period any homosexual behavior would have caused an outrage. Whether the "young boy" was young as in a child or young as in a 18-25 year old - I'm not sure. Regardless, if it was true, it really could shake society. Look what everyone went through to protect a football team.

If it was a child and people decided to cover it up - this could be an explanation of why there was a cover-up all these years. No one wants to admit they helped keep this a secret.

That said, I'm not sure what he said was true. This subject has been talk about again and again.....Maybe he wanted to say something new

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Earlier in the conversation Polisi's first mention of Roy Cohn identified him as the "guy who was 'up the butt' of Nixon". There was no sign of the Hoover issue or Cohn's connection to Hoover up to that point, if I recall.

Polisi's mind seems to have been on that kind of thing. Noory is not the most sensitive of interviewers. He tends to "lead the witness" and miss openings. I think he may have missed an opening there. Was Cohn literally "up the butt" of Nixon?

I wonder if the Polisi interview will make it to the archives uncut. It doesn't really matter, I don't think, since a lot of fans tape the show and bootleg it to YouTube.

new topics

top topics

join