It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Doomsday & Apocalypse FAILURES

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There seems to be an assumption that there was a widespread belief in these apocalyptic predictions in their times.
I reckon these predictions may have become very famous, but the belief in them may have been, as it is now, actually quite small.
Even the upcoming 21/12/12 "event" doesn't seem to be thought of as an apocalypse/doomsday by most "believers", but as a change. A change of what from what to what, none can agree on, but not the end of the world.
As one idea I read is it may only be as small an event as the true point where the age of pisces ends (bye bye Jesus) and the age of aquarius begins.
Most people aren't going to freak out.

Remember new years eve 2000? Was everyone out partying just like we did every other new years eve? You bet your sweet arse we were.

To say you know nothing will happen is as pointless as saying you know something will happen.
Sure, the naysayers have the odds in their favour at all times, but just picking that side of the bet everytime doesn't give you bragging rights after the fact.
Actually, bragging about how 'you knew' the thing that was probably going to happen happened, you end up looking super douchey.

As we all have seen at one time or another, it's more fun when a longshot comes in.
In the end no-one knows, it's a guess. wait and see is the only real answer!

edit on 2/12/2012 by Lucas73 because: something to do with words

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It's high time these non events were renamed to 'dumbs' day prophesying'.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
In my opinion, the date will be another failure on the long, long list.

I agree with the posts that say we are culturally adhered to doom, and many want this act (be it from God, or from a scientific standpoint) to be one that occurred in THEIR lifetime.

There's much beauty in this world, as there is much struggle. This is purely balance. I've always said that heaven and hell don't exist, but rather Earth is made up of both heavenly and hellish conditions. Who knows however, if a golden age will ever come.

All I can say with regards to my own opinion is that the fabric of our current presentation of "time" isn't sound, and that there hasn't been a real sighting of a second Sun, nor have seismic conditions been on the rise, nor are there currently any sketchy sunspots in sight. The great alignment? A typical alignment from what I understand, and the Mayan calender ending, just another cycle that I believe will be arriving and going hand-in-hand with the increase in consciousness on this planet.

An increase in consciousness is practically inevitable in a time where the internet exists and is growing. Information is so important, and it is flowing, and things can go viral within hours, and where everyone (if they choose) can see the state of current world, economically, scientifically and ecologically. One thing is for certain, and that is that we're entering strange times that most of us can only throw guesses at. I predict it'll contain the balance we've always known.

Part of me wholeheartedly has this belief I cannot describe that ancient people's did have somewhat of an idea of what the future would be like for us with regards to the helm of power and the state of humanity. The state of empathy in mid-high class settings, and our views of the rest of the world. I hope that this increase in consciousness doesn't just increase our technological output, but that spiritually we climb to the level our scientific knowledge resides.

Perhaps someday people will understand and act on the idea that the iPhone they're holding is in their palms because the blood of an innocent was taken, and that the food one has in their own country is probably due to another country being shackled at the ankle. The whole world could prosper, and maybe this uptick in consciousness (if left to flourish) could change the world in amazing ways.

Will it be the end? No man or woman will know until the date passes.
edit on 2/12/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think the problem here is no one volunterily drank the Kool-aid. They were muredered, were they not?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I don't think there is much agreement on what a "calamity" actually is. To what degree is the world as a whole affected? if not all affected to the same degree then I don't think there can be any correlation made from one to another.

something like aliens appearing to every single person on the globe at the same time giving us special technology is something else though. now that would create a major change over night read: calamity? I would see any change away from this current trend in technology as a good thing and not something negative. We could decentralize everything tangible like energy production, food production, water purification and spread the ability for self-sustainability. It might be seen as a calamity for the oil conglomerations and their off-shoots but over all it would clean up this planet and take away unnecessary suffering and sub standard living standards.

to me the calamity would be no change

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am going to have to troll some people once Dec 22 roll around, especially the ascension crowd.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

I would like to see everybody wake up the next morning and discover they are now in the possession of a tiny handheld device that protects them from violence and protects those around them from violence yet allows them to do whatever they wish including build shelter, make food, entertainment, travel, power their home, basically a genie in a bottle. if we could still be in contact with each other and be able to move around the solar system by our own free will, that would be so cool.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

it won't happen over the internet connection.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

clinging to a strawman doesn't advance the discussion. Doomsday Apocalypse is sexier than Conscience Ascension because most skeptics will have to admit they don't have the ability to be aware of their meta-physical side

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
OK, I don't post a lot anymore here on ATS but I do come here just about everyday to check things out. What I am going to write here will probably be abused and honestly I do not care what is thought of me....I have nothing to do at the moment so what the heck I will sum up some stuff that should if nothing else bore you beyond belief but as I see it you might learn something from people like myself...

This deals with Aliens, yes that's what I wrote Alien's and I am going to try and do this as short as possible which will probably be long

I was allowed by them to have recall of many things and this will end up with events that are coming in time.

First off let's start with something you will shake you head at ( hey why not) One moment in time I was on a ship as another Being I was in a room with others like myself (friends) and there were very tall Beings that looked just like us and I commented to my friends that I never knew that there were others that looked just like us but were that tall.... they said they are the Elders...the CREATOR'S....we moved toward the Elders and all my friends turned and left the area and there I was standing in front of this very tall Being. I was asked if I would like to go to Earth to help the human race when it was time...I asked this Being if it was for the good and the reply was yes it was for the good hence I agreed to come. I went to another room and I was told that when I became Human I would loose my intelligence and I would become stupid but they would come to me whenever they could.....hence Human experiences and this is how I would learn the things I would need to know in this Human life for my job here. I do not know how but that Soul was transferred into this Human body and I grew simply as a Human would.

When I was a child I knew I was different inside but back then no one in my family talked about this stuff and I never mentioned anything...this is just the way it was.

Most of my life I always felt like the person on the outside looking in (OBSERVING) compairing things here that I was shown or told there.

In short I observe Earth changes, Volcanic eruptons, earthquakes, floods, fires and so on. I'll be honest I don't put much effort into anything I just observe because this is what I am to do.

Dec. 21st. is not far off I think it is funny that my first born was born on that day six minutes before the Winter Soltice 42 years ago.

At this moment I have been seeing events unfolding but I can't say if it will be completed on the 21st or not I can only observe the things I was shown and I do not feel they all can be completed in such a short time so maybe it is the beginning of the end and I don't mean the end of the World. What I mean is there will be bad before good but good will be the way it was meant to be all along.

Now when I agreed to come here I was told that something was going to happen here on Earth that wasn't supposed to happen. I am one (I would think there are others) that are here to do a job also but I think it will take at least until March 17th 2046 only date I was ever given. So right now I sit here as you do and wait to see what events will occur on the 21st.

The things I have been watching for are volcanoes erupting at the same time earthquakes that will occur where they usually do not, new fissures opening in areas they should not be, sinkholes, the animals and this is all occuring as I write.

Our government has made out over the years about UFO's over military bases where Nuclear weapons are located and making it sound like they are here to take over the Planet but the truth is they have been here for a very long time Earth is not our Planet it is their's we can kill ourselves off but they will not allow us to destroy their Planet. These Beings have always monitored this Planet and they record everything.. they know where all the Nuclear Power is just as they know where all the Chemical and Biological chemicals are, when the event happens in time they will be able to neutralize and prevent total destruction. From what I see one thing is leading to another and the things I am looking for are these and I see it still taking some time.

I will get nerved when I see two large connecting quakes off the hump of Brazil out toward the Ridge this area is NOT known for this....at this time I will be getting things together for myself and my family because at some point after that when the event occurs it will be fast. The only precursor will be an undeniable P-Wave on the Ridge which will happen right before the event it will be the animals that will let you know then the event (the entire hump of Africa quakes.) If you look at a map it will encase at least 23 Countries imagine a quake this size (I saw the Country of Algeria outlined in black and the entire Country pulsating) the Tsunami's will be huge but ships will fly in turn on their sides and hold the water at bay until things settle. (next page)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

It seems some TRY REAL HARD to play with fire. And those are not the ones who make up some end of the world dates out of nothing, but those who criticize and laugh at the dates. Because you do not know when something may happen and if someone MAY HAVE DONE A LUCKY GUESS, or real reason, one day after many times of 'Did you see nothing will happen?', one day it will. And you and such like you will cry.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The flip will be the hardest and where the ships hope they can save as many Humans as can be. It will be a Sunny day I think in the Spring might be in May (why I think this I don't know anyhow they will be attempting to control the flip if that is the correct word. How they will do this is using the magnetism of the massive amounts of ships that are here observing for this event. They will fly fast and low over the Earth they will appear as brilliant white lights. As the Earth tries to go one way the ships will be flying the other in hopes the magnetism of the Earth and their ships will hold and do the work needed to save as much life on the Planet as they can. When this does occur you will see and know they are Aliens ships you will feel the magnetism of the Earth under your feet. Then what I am here to do will begin.........

So you can only imagine how I feel about the 21st. I don't see all I have described as happening in a few weeks so I figure it might be the beginning of the end to a new future coming your way. Almost forgot watch the Sun

Welcome to my weird and wild world

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Like all things organic (at least as we know) we/it does and will eventually become it's base of composition. According to minds that (say they) know and I can't argue with, this rock is somwhere between 4-6.5 Billion years old. And like us all shows much of it's age by what, whom and when has befallen it. It's suggested that the planet has been wiped Tabula Rasa at least 5 times in its existence and all signs, temporal, spiritual and teleological point to changes afoot. Just as none have the ability to predict (with cerainty) weather, earthquakes or other natural calamity, we'll be the last to know if the SHF for a final or closing act of this psycho drama we all buy into as humans. Just as in times of old there are countless man made and natural phenomenon pushing the earth harder and harder and creating greater and greater threat to it's and our continued existence. A significant number of Geologist are absolutely sure we have cataclymic earthquakes and volcanoes to be happening at anytime. I would encourage those who are not familiar to read ancient history how the earth on numerous occasion stood dark, cold and silent for months after major vocanic/seismic activity. How do you suppose any one will be able to get on their computers to commiserate and/or minimize how they can't see, breath, eat and or locate friends and family! The threat of global catatrosphy/destruction is a real and ever present danger. By the hand of God or by arrogant, foolish and pridefull mankind, who believes they have the right to do as they will, to each other and all creation!

I proudly acclaim to be a Jew for Jesus and sincerely believe as he spoke.

The Day and Hour Unknown:
Matt.,
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Weather anyone else accepts, believes and professes is on them and I seek no acknowledgement for any works and/or words and have little care for those who may mock or condem me or other believers/professors as out of touch or worse. The world is truly a wicked place and we humans will never be able to change our basic structure and fabric of sellfishness, greed , corruption, envy, hate and self worship. For those who have truly encountered the evil in the world nothing will erase the memory, for those who haven't nothing can explain or prepare them for what we are all capable of doing to each other. [Homo Homini Lupus]

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
It seems some TRY REAL HARD to play with fire. And those are not the ones who make up some end of the world dates out of nothing, but those who criticize and laugh at the dates. Because you do not know when something may happen and if someone MAY HAVE DONE A LUCKY GUESS, or real reason, one day after many times of 'Did you see nothing will happen?', one day it will. And you and such like you will cry.

No offense

But that's not very prophetic nor informative.

It's called life. Things have always happened beyond a person's control and always will. We as a species react, adapt and move on. Human beings have been doing it since the dawn of man.

Regarding playing with fire, If a person stood outside night after night and yelled fire enough times people tend to start ignoring them. Even if one night a fire did in fact break out this does not mean the person who was crying fire night after night was prophetic nor enlightened.

FYI. There is nothing wrong with crying. The last two times I cried was with the passing of my mother and while watching the movie The Notebook.

I'm not ashamed of either times
edit on 2-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Fear of mortality is one of the big "three" base manipulation targets ( death, sex, money ) so of course history is replete with folks smart enough to cash in on that fact for a myriad of reasons. Mostly the other two things on my previous list ( sex and money ) - but also for power.

We all know that death is inevitable, unpredictable, and merciless. So part of our souls wants to grasp at any person, group, or concept that offers control over the uncontrollable influences of mortality. Offering respite from nothingness is one example - offering to know the date and time is another. Both of these give individuals a sense of control over something they really cannot control.

Therein lay the power of those who claim to have the power over death. They offer the impossible to a population starving for it.

Doomsday predictions, prophets, and charlatans know this and use it.

What I find interesting is that, outside of organized religions, the usual motives for people becoming Doomsday prophets usually don't seem to be financial ones at all. It seems like it is more mired in a desire to be accepted and admired.

Thus we end up with people with little or no self-esteem entering into these fatalistic, circular, self-fulfilling tragedies with groups of others who don't realize just how much fear of mortality is infecting their thoughts and clouding their judgment.

People selling death, just to be liked, and others buying it in a vain attempt to not die.

Strange world we live in.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Slayer with all due respect I don't think material things constitute for happiness, if that was the case then the millionaires and billionaires, in the world, would be the happiest people on earth.

Even the ability to speak freely is diminished because of what may happen if we speak our minds.

Something is missing and people deep down know the world isn't right, or they wouldn't be searching so hard, or wanting things to end.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by magma

Are their lives that miserable?
I'm not trying to argue but really? Most of those who are hoping for the end are able to express themselves freely online.

That tells me....

They have Electricity to run their equipment.
They have the Equipment to post
They have freedom to express themselves.

Which leads me to believe they probably have a place to live or stay from which to express themselves online and if they have electricity they probably have heat this winter and even maybe a refrigerator with food.

Possibly even have flush toilets.

Just how horrible has their existence been?
edit on 1-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Because people do not trust their governments run by elite bottom-feeding scumbags.

Anyone who has done serious research into the occult and how governments are run, especially in the west, knows the government does not care about the people, it is plotting against the people day-in and day-out, robbing them blind via taxation and the people don't see where their money is spent on.

I don't like the national security dictatorship. I don't like the illuminati(dark ones). I don't like masonry. I don't like religious fanatics. I don't like the military-industrial complex. I don't like wall street. I don't like wars built on lies.

When someone has an awful track record in terms of reliability, it is assumed an asteroid could strike earth, the government knowing all about it and not telling anyone other than the elite so that they go underground and shelter themselves while everyone else dies. The same could be said about intentionally starting ww3 and making it seem "# just happens, oh well...a few billion die, lets start over".

I personally do not trust the american government for beans. Just deliver my mail and ss checks if/when time comes. Hurricane Katrina that hit new orleans showed just how ineffective fema was. God help us if something more serious happens. Then we get the disinfo agents coming here telling everyone they are paranoid as hell.

You gotta be kidding me!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Slayer with all due respect I don't think material things constitute for happiness

Never said it did.

I do have to ask though. Are people grateful for the things they do have? Roofs over their heads, Clothes on their backs, Food in their stomachs? People in their lives who care about them?

Even the ability to speak freely is diminished because of what may happen if we speak our minds.

I seriously doubt that. The tighter TPTB squeeze the more resistance they'll feel. We have our own human history that bares this out.

Something is missing and people deep down know the world isn't right, or they wouldn't be searching so hard, or wanting things to end.

If it's deep down inside then it's something they should be working on from the inside out not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
S+F OP ... Speaking as a wierdo myself... The world in whatever form will never end, even when the sun scatters it into the Stella winds it will simply be recycled in some star nursery in the distant future. As for humans well we are doomed to the same process, it's the soul and its many mysteries and Quantum Theories that are the only undecisive factors in the Doom Scenario.
My own Doomsday date from my source is 2182 and the date if you study the effects of the present enviromental distruction, fossil fuels yada yada seems very accurate... Science backs this date or there abouts.
That isn't the end of being by a long chalk....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Y2K anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join