It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Doomsday & Apocalypse FAILURES

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

"Enlightened"

MK-ULTRA never disbanded
they just went mainstrem
follow the money
these folks left behind
get a clue

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

truly in prison is the one who pushes a door without realizing that it needs to be pulled open - Wittgenstein

p.s.

keep adjusting The Way to fulfill your dreams

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by rabzdguy

There is that free word agian so what does that have to do with

History of Doomsday & Apocalypse FAILURES

Yeah I can see a failure there.

backsliding again "Neo"?
you'll sing another tune when you're made to pay carbon taxes
and for the air you breathe
or is this going to be your 2012 theme song?

edit on 1-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

MK-ULTRA never disbanded
they just went mainstrem
follow the money
these folks left behind
get a clue

MK-ULTRA is everywhere, it seems......

Authorities believed the group were preparing to drink soup laced with poison
They had barricaded themselves inside house after leader convinced them apocalypse would happen at 8pm yesterday
Luis Pereira dos Santos held as 'toxic' fruit tub is found... he claimed angel told him when the world would end
Police removed 19 children after 'credible' information about suicide pact

Shots fired as police swoop 10 minutes before 100 followers of Brazilian doomsday cult were due to commit mass suicide over end of the world

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Actually didn't someone just get done saying it wasn't a "free world" ?

Why I do believe so however my time is heavily regulated so back to the history of Doomsday and the epic apocalyspe failures.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Topic Reminder

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That was called staying on topic ATS has rules about that stuff like people should be talking about Doomsday and the apocalypse, but alas all it seems is they want to deflect, and talk about everything but.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

"None are so blind, as those who refuse to see"

What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? (D39)

Because the universe of our existence is necessarily anthropomorphic, there must be realms that are inaccessible to human awareness. These realms become accessible when we expand what it is to be human.
It is almost impossible for self-serving groups to act enlightened. (S171)

Enlightenment is the global awareness that can develop through living in an understanding of the problematic nature of the self and the world that seemingly surrounds it. A self that becomes defensively entrenched, contracted and isolated, has no opportunity to achieve such awareness.

All creatures must carry some kind of destiny stamped out by purposes of varying strengths, by the fixation of experience and disposition. Any delusions of Free Will harbored now must be merely the prisoner rattling his cage. Our curse lies in the fact that we see the cage. (M102)

The configuration of our existence clearly is determined in many ways by forces beyond our control. The existence of a self precludes other existences and places us in inferior relations with certain aspects of other. Constraints are a system of barriers that are, while impossible to eliminate, somewhat amenable to choice and rational construction. However, awareness of the barriers is a prerequisite to choice in their construction, and involvement in construction turns confinement into habitat.

If you would possess your humanity, let go of the universe! Humans cannot bear much reality. Most lives are a flight from selfhood. Most prefer the truths of the stable. You stick your heads into the stanchions and munch contentedly until you die. Others use you for their purposes. Not once do you live outside the stable to lift your head and be your own creature. (C229)
- quoted from Frank Herbert's "The Chronicles of Dune"

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

"None are so blind, as those who refuse to see"

"Apocalypse Now"

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That was called staying on topic ATS has rules about that stuff like people should be talking about Doomsday and the apocalypse, but alas all it seems is they want to deflect, and talk about everything but.

lol, Neo, when you're right, you're right
let me say that again but in a more OT, prophetic and doomsday fashion

When the Last Tree Is Cut Down,
the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned,
You Will Realize That You Cannot Eat Money

ah, i see op has brought out the "i'm going to press alert" club so i'll be going elswhere having made my point
and received no response
other than a few slings and arrows from others
sad to see the normalcy bias of some and the wise become foolish :shk:
see ya!

edit on 1-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Excellent topic!

It has been around for centuries.

Henny Penny, also known as Chicken Licken or Chicken Little, is a folk tale with a moral in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase "The sky is falling!" features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent. Versions of the story go back more than 25 centuries and it continues to be referenced in a variety of media.

Further:

The moral to be drawn changes, depending on the version. Where there is a 'happy ending', the moral is not to be a 'Chicken' but to have courage. In other versions where the birds are eaten by the fox, the fable is interpreted as a warning not to believe everything you are told.

There are indeed persons who take advantage of this fear and gather wealth as a result. When I was a kid, Camille ripped through the Gulf and tore the place apart. No change in fuel prices. Today, the merest hint of a storm will send the price up a dollar.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Now we even have Santa Trolling this thread.

Santa you're early remember?
The 24th and 25th not the 21st

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

"Enlightened"

MK-ULTRA never disbanded
they just went mainstrem
follow the money
these folks left behind
get a clue

I do not believe myself that there will be anything strange that will occur on 12/21/2012 - no alien invasion, no ascension, no more catastrophic an event than we have seen over the past year or years for that matter. Too many people are afraid of this date based on an old Mayan codex.

But... the Heaven's Gate follower in the pic above does have slitted pupils... reptilian? Reptilian MK ultra mind control victim perhaps?? I am going to go lay down in a fetal position behind my couch now and rock myself to sleep...

edit on 1-12-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A brief history of the Apocalypse

ca. 2800 BC According to Isaac Asimov's Book of Facts (1979), an Assyrian clay tablet dating to approximately 2800 BC was unearthed bearing the words "Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common." This is one of the earliest examples of the perception of moral decay in society being interpreted as a sign of the imminent end.

:

www.abhota.info...
edit on 1-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Honestly and on topic.

I think too many people have put way to much faith into something happening on this date [Whatever it is they believe will happen] It's kind of like those who buy a Lottery ticket and have all these fantastic dreams of what they'll do when they win.

Then when the time comes and they find out that didn't win they get depressed.

Meanwhile they forget that that little ticket never promised anything and for those few days their mind was off things. Sort of like buying a movie ticket to enjoy some experience and take a break from life.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by MDDoxs

Nice reply!

So social engineering since Gog and Magog?

Are we that gulable as a species??

I would say we are an impressionable species.

As our intelligence grew and our ability to rationalize the world around us became more acute, our fear and thus our fatalist outlook increased, in my humble opinion.
edit on 1-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Back in May during the Harold Camping hysteria, I had a thread going found here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a paramedic, and I had witnessed suicides and hysteria from people thinking that Camping was right. It was horrific and almost made me quit my job. I have already made sure that I am not working the shifts before and during the 21. If this past experience of mine is any indication of how people will act, and judging that this doomsday is the pinnacle of all doomsdays compared to the one in May, then I think lots of people will be drinking the kool aid.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How off topic can you be when this place is being spammed with memes by the op

good times

-_-

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here is a top ten list i found.
Kinda interesting...

10. The Jupiter Effect, 1982 In 1982, two professional astrophysicists, John Gribben and Stephen Plagemann, floated the idea that a rare alignment of all nine planets in 1982 would create a combined gravitational pull that would place huge stresses on the planet’s tectonic plates, causing killer earthquakes and severe changes in the Earth’s climate. The book they wrote together, The Jupiter Effect, caused quite a stir at the time, but after the alignment passed without incident (with even the combined gravitational pull of all eight planets having barely any measurable effect on Earth at all) their professional reputation took quite a beating. They later claimed the theory was intended simply as an exercise in astrophysical speculation, but by then the damage had been done. While The Jupiter Effect proved to be a bust, however, it was one of the first popular doomsday scenarios which held nature responsible for the end rather than God’s wrath, for which I’m sure the Almighty was mightily pleased Read more: www.toptenz.net... Read more at www.toptenz.net...

www.toptenz.net... failed.php

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join