It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel authorizes construction of 3,000 new settlements

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

In 1948 roughly 700,000 Palestinians were displaced, murdered, tortured or even booted out of their homes/land. Are you telling me that the Zionists brought out each and every one of their lands and that what they done is justified? What about the Deir Yassin massacre? Did the Palestinians bring that on themselves also and deserve the slaughtering the Zionist terrorists gave them?

Now if you also take into account that those Arabs were not armed, I wouldn't even call it an Arab/Israeli war. It was pre-meditated and the Zionists intentions were to boot the natives out of their own land by force, intimidation, murder, torture or any other way they could. Even if they were to buy every grain of dirt in Palestine, it doesn't change the fact that the Palestinians were on that land and they should have every right and freedom to walk on that land. You want to talk about people and their right to Exist? Lets start with the ones who didn't get that right all those years back and then ask ourselves why today, we have a big problem in the Middle East.

Why didn't Britain just give them Northern Ireland or something?
edit on 30-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

The Israel government threatened they would do things like this. They also said they would withold tax revenues they collect from Gaza. They can also increase the strength of the blockade they have around Gaza. They said they would destroy Abbas. The US Congress has said they will stop providing aid. There's no telling how far this will go.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know why Israel can authorize the building of new settlements? Because they can. It once belonged to them. They were conquered. Now they are going to war to reconqure ancestral homeland. Why? Because they can and there is very little you or i can do about it.

Personally? I hope Israel keeps expanding.

War is the only thing that determines ownership. ( of a nation ). Not papers. For example. I want your land. Don't like it? Then I'll have to kill you, or try. Now it's mine. I can also say, okay it's not. Build a house on it, and then say it's mine. Don't like it? Then we go to war.

However, you and I, if you are American, consent to the rule of law and government for the betterment of both of us.

If the Indians revolted, I would hold nothing personal against them. As long as they didn't rape and pillage.
edit on 1-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Good for them. I would build 5000 more. God bless Israel.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by atopsecret

They probably realize they are at deaths doorstep. All political analysts I've read or heard seem to have come to the same conclusion: Hamas is gaining ground while Fatah is losing it.

Fatah really didn't gain anything substantial by gaining non-member status, other than a hope that this would give the public belief that they could secure a Palestinian state (based on what conditions, is the ultimate question).

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wrong wrong wrong.

You're as bad as the media usually slammed here.

It's 3000 homes, not 3000 settlements.

This proves ATS is a s bad as the normal media.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

And what about the 800,000 Jews booted out of Arab countries between '48 and '67? In which 50 billion worth of assets was commandeered by Arab governments?

Seriously, this deserves to be addressed. Everyone knows about the expulsion (or freely leaving) of the Arabs from Palestine, but almost no time or space has been given to the 800,000 Sephardic Jews of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Baghdad (the famous community deriving from Babylonian times), Yemen etc. Why no compensation for them? Why such a one-sided emphasis on the plight of the Palestinians?

What about the Deir Yassin massacre?

If you actually follow the course of events, there were plenty of Arab massacres against Jews, even before the war years of '47-'48 between Jewish nationalists and Arabs.

For example, 18 years before Deir Yassin, there was the Hebron Massacre(against Jews native to the area) in which 67 Jews were murdered, along with many others who were raped, or tortured by Arab raiders (it was actually instigated by the rabidly antisemitic Mufti of Jerusalem). Not to mention mass looting.

Then 5 days later, not satisfied with the blood shed in Hebron, there was the Safed massacre in which 18 Jews were killed by mobs of blood thirsty Arabs.

A Scottish missionary working in Safed at the time stated: "On Saturday August 24, there was a demonstration of Moslems along the road past the mission property. They came beating drums and breaking the windows of Jewish houses en route...On the afternoon of Thursday the 29th... one of our church members came running to tell us that 'all the Jews were being killed.' A few minutes later we heard women shrieking their 'jubilant refrain' from the Moslem quarter and saw men running with axes and bludgeons in their hands, urged on by women...we heard rifle and machine gun fire all around us...Wild Arabs had come up from the valley unexpectedly into the Jewish quarter and began at once a systematic slaughter of the Jews. Some escaped with injury only but 22 were killed outright in the town...The inhumanity of the attack was beyond conception. Women were gashed in the chest, babies were cut on the hands and feet, old people were killed and plundered." [8]

lINK

Then there was the Arab revolt years of 1936-1939 which saw some 300 Jews killed in that period.

You seem to just want to shovel all the blame on Jews.

Long ago the issue could have been solved - just as the India-Pakistan and Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriot issues were solved: population exchange. The Palestinian Arabs could have been absorbed by Arab states, such as Jordan (which was initially planned as a state for Palestines Arabs - since it was a part of the original British mandate for Palestine) while the Jews of the orient could be absorbed by Israel. Nothing of the sort happened. This is what happened: Israel absorbed 600,000 Sephardic Jews, while their Arab governments expropriated all their property, which, as mentioned, is valued today at 50 BILLION dollars. While the Arabs categorically refused to lend a hand to their fellow fallen Arabs, the very ones whom were misled to depart the land while they made war upon Israel (the accepted authority on this subject, Benny Morris, lays the blame on both sides; some were forced out, while others left because of Arab pronouncements) the Jew fulfilled their obligation to other Jews.
edit on 1-12-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
vThe reason why it wasn't dealt with is simple: the refugee problem is an effective political tool in challenging Israel's moral legitimacy. The Arabs have yet to renounce their claim to all of Israel - even those parts purchased by the Jewish agency fair and square. This is why their current demands, the right of return for the grandchildren of former Palestinian refugees, the entirety of Jerusalem as it's capital, and a complete withdrawal of IDF troops from the westbank, each of these demands confirms one agenda: the destruction of Israel. These demands would be regarded as unreasonable by a party who sincerely sought peace.

• The right of return would destroy Israel demographically.
  • Refusal to give up Jerusalem denies Jews any symbolic connection to their holy city.
  • Demanding a complete withdrawal of the IDF from the westbank threatens Israel with rocket attacks from the mountainous central hills.

People say "just look at it from the other side". Indeed, look at these demands from the side of the Jews and acknowledge their just concerns. Each demand compromises their status in some basic way: religiously, or culturally, Jerusalem - despite it's eminent connection to Judaism, and the Jewish people - is disclaimed by the Arabs. Apparently mutual recognition does not consist of understanding what the other side considers important. Demographically, Israel wouldn't be able to absorb 4 million Arabs without Jews becoming an ethnic minority in the Jewish state: this stratagem is thus a design to destroy Israel's status as a "Jewish' state. Indeed, if Arabs became the majority, the very name of the state could be changed from Israel to Palestine! Thereby creating a third Palestinian state (counting Jordan, which is 3/4's Palestinian) within the original territory of the British Mandate. Israel has no choice but to reject this highly unreasonable demand.

• posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:02 AM
    link   
    reply to post by dontreally

The dissent in Palestine was influenced also by the discovery in October 1935 at the port of Jaffa of a large arms shipment destined for the Haganah, sparking Arab fears of a Jewish military takeover of Palestine, Jewish immigration also peaked in 1935, just months before Palestinian Arabs began a full-scale, nation-wide revolt. In the four years between 1933 and 1936 more than 164,000 Jewish immigrants arrived in Palestine, and between 1931 and 1936 the Jewish population more than doubled from 175,000 to 370,000 people, increasing the Jewish population share from 17 to 27 per cent, bringing about a significant deterioration in relations between Palestinian Arabs and Jews.

The 1936–1939 Arab revolt in Palestine was a nationalist uprising by Palestinian Arabs in Mandatory Palestine against British colonial rule and mass Jewish immigration.

You forgot to mention why there was an Arab revolt. Just the same old thing in a different stage in time. Looking at the way things are today, I can see why the did.

In an analysis of the British statistics, Walid Khalidi estimates 19,792 casualties for the Arabs, with 5,032 dead: 3,832 killed by the British and 1,200 dead because of ‘terrorism’, and 14,760 wounded. Over ten percent of the adult male Palestinian Arab population between 20 and 60 was killed, wounded, imprisoned or exiled. Estimates of the number of Palestinian Jews killed range from 91 to 'several hundred'.

And again, it was the Arabs who took the heaviest casualties. Maybe it was the British this time, but still. Seems as though they were just fighting for their land again. Your 300 dead is only a guestimate.

edit on 1-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:06 AM
    link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

War is the only thing that determines ownership. ( of a nation ). Not papers. For example. I want your land. Don't like it? Then I'll have to kill you, or try. Now it's mine. I can also say, okay it's not. Build a house on it, and then say it's mine. Don't like it? Then we go to war.

That must mean its ok for Gaza to attack Israel then?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:10 AM
    link   
    reply to post by dontreally

The Hebron massacre refers to the killing of sixty-seven Jews on 24 August 1929 in Hebron, then part of Mandatory Palestine, by Arabs incited to violence by false rumors that Jews were massacring Arabs in Jerusalem and seizing control of Muslim holy places. This massacre, together with that of Safed, sent shock waves through Jewish communities in Palestine and across the world.

There is a reason behind everything. they simply didn't commit the massacre because they felt like it. The question is, where did the rumours start? Can that be verified?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
    link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
    Good for them. I would build 5000 more. God bless Israel.

What God? The god of money?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:48 AM
    link   

Originally posted by schuyler
    So one apartment = one "settlement" now?

When you use the word "settlement" you get the idea that pioneers are heading out to the wilderness, like the "settlement" at Jamestown in Virginia by the British 3,000 miles away from London. When you read about israel building apartments, the word "settlement" is always used. In point of fact, these "settlements" are across the street. So you build an apartment house with 50 units, that's "50 authorized settlements."

What people don't get about Israel is that it is not like the United States, where you can for all of England, Scotland, and Wales into one western state. Distances are compressed. If someone built an apartment house on a vacant lot in the middle of Seattle, no one would even take notice, but of you do the exact same thing in Jerusalem, it's billed as "50 authorized settlements."

One apartment = one home = one settlement. And Israel plans to build thousands of new homes not just one apartment building. And yes all of these are considered illegal.

Just because Israel is small it doesn't give it the right to steal other peoples land. And you think if someone just built a building on a vacant lot and nothing would be said you really don't know that much about America. By the time you finished digging the foundation you would have a lawsuit against you.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
    link   
    You know I saw that I got beat to the punch on this one, but I must agree with the OP in this case. It's amazing to me how blind some people can be at what Israel is doing. This whole thing is a blatant stab at Palestine saying "Who cares if the UN officially recognized you. It changes nothing." Once again Israel has stabbed the International Community in the back. The best part about it all to me is everyone that defends Israel. I want you to realize one thing. Israel demands the International Community help them etc, but they aren't even good enough to be a member of that same Community. They have shunned the UN and they are not a part of any group that everyone else. They cry about Iran who is part of that IAEA, but they won't join even though everyone knows they have nukes. Israel is the epitamy of a Hypocrisy.

I particularly found these comments by Israel to be inflammatory.

Netanyahu dismissed the U.N. vote as meaningless and accused Abbas of delivering a "defamatory and venomous" U.N. speech "full of mendacious propaganda" against Israel.

Earlier this month, Israel said it was pushing forward construction of 1,200 new homes in Jewish settlements, in an apparent warning to the Palestinians to rethink their U.N. plan. Israel fears the Palestinians will use their upgraded status to confront Israel in international bodies and extort it to make concessions.

Netanyahu says negotiations must begin without preconditions.

The Israeli official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the sensitive issue publicly, said Israel also decided to begin preliminary work in other areas of the West Bank, including the charged E-1 corridor that connects Jerusalem with the settlement bloc of Maaleh Adumim.

Construction there would place a major obstacle for Palestinian statehood by cutting off east Jerusalem from the West Bank and plans there had previously blocked by the Bush administration for that reason.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/30/israeli-government-reportedly-okays-new-settlement-construction-in-jerusalem/?test=latestnews]Source[/url ]

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:13 AM
    link   
    reply to post by seenavv

Too funny, you are a racist, look at a map, Israel is the minority, they are surrounded by a majority that wants them killed! The Palestinians are merely Jordanians, Egyptians, Lebanese, Syrians, you name it, there was never such thing as Palestine, the closest thing was Philistine, you are a racist, with your logic, all the whites in the United States should send all the Africans back or kill them, God bless Israel, for she is surrounded, and protect Her from idiocy!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
    link   

Originally posted by polyphemus75
    reply to post by seenavv

Too funny, you are a racist, look at a map, Israel is the minority, they are surrounded by a majority that wants them killed!

It's interesting you mention that..Because I'm sure Britain would of known this would of been the outcome so why send them there in the first place?

The Palestinians are merely Jordanians, Egyptians, Lebanese, Syrians, you name it, there was never such thing as Palestine, the closest thing was Philistine.

Even Zionist leaders from the past have admitted they stole the land from the Arabs? Are you calling them liars?

you are a racist, with your logic, all the whites in the United States should send all the Africans back or kill them, God bless Israel, for she is surrounded, and protect Her from idiocy!

What god are you talking about? The only god Israel has is an undeclared arsenal of nuclear weapons. They are certainly on the road to peace..
    edit on 1-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
    link   

reply to post by seenavv

all the whites in the United States should send all the Africans back or kill them

Hy-po-crite.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
    link   

reply to post by seenavv

Too funny, you are a racist, look at a map, Israel is the minority, they are surrounded by a majority that wants them killed! The Palestinians are merely Jordanians, Egyptians, Lebanese, Syrians, you name it, there was never such thing as Palestine, the closest thing was Philistine, you are a racist, with your logic, all the whites in the United States should send all the Africans back or kill them, God bless Israel, for she is surrounded, and protect Her from idiocy!

Why is it that anyone who speaks out against Israel is suddenly a racist or anti-semantic. Its almost like a auto-immune response. The bottom line is whether Palestine was originally a country or not is irrelevant. They are one now and even officially recognized as such yesterday. That is like saying that just because there are people of other nationalities living in America they are not really American's because they aren't originally from America. Which ironically would mean that myself, and anyone else in America other then Native Americans aren't really American's either.

The point is Israel does a lot of bad things and no one ever holds them accountable, and in my experience when someone doesn't have an actual logical excuse or answer for it they pull the Anti-Sematic card or the card.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
    link   
    One thing is certain, and that is the world has spoken and we all think Israel is wrong, even one of Israel's biggest ass kisser's Hillary Clinton is turning on them for these actions.

Hillary Clinton warns Israel on settler homes

Addressing a Washington audience that included Israel's Defence Minister Ehud Barak and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, Mrs Clinton said the vote

"should give all of us pause. All sides need to consider carefully the path ahead".

The Game is up Israel simmer down or pay the piper.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
    link   

Originally posted by snapperski
    One thing is certain, and that is the world has spoken and we all think Israel is wrong, even one of Israel's biggest ass kisser's Hillary Clinton is turning on them for these actions.

Hillary Clinton warns Israel on settler homes

Addressing a Washington audience that included Israel's Defence Minister Ehud Barak and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, Mrs Clinton said the vote

"should give all of us pause. All sides need to consider carefully the path ahead".

The Game is up Israel simmer down or pay the piper.

Indeed, even the UK has stepped in and asked Israel to step down. Theyre shenanigans and utter idiocy are about to boil up and come back to bite them in the a$$... hard.

www.guardian.co.uk...
    www.haaretz.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join