It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
So, let me see if I've got this straight...

We have a BIG explosion, multiple witnesses see something streaking across the night sky, on fire, just before the explosion, and they are saying it's a black powder plant that took 7 hours to report an incident of this magnitude?

Really?

Something stinks. 7 hours to figure out what and where?

Springer...

I have to agree that something seems very weird about this story.
I can see it might be a coincidence that multiple people saw a "meteor" in the sky before the explosion. But the way this story has developed does make you wonder if there is a coverup involved here.

It is funny in one news story that references the meteorite "speculation" that they mention a meteor shower, but don't reference the main meteor that was witnessed at the time of the explosion.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Actually it was this.....

Cinder Cones

Lassenpeak Cinder cone USGSCinder cones are compsed of rock fragments which have been ejected from a vent possibly as molten lava , cooled on their descent and dropped downwind of a volcanic vent. Often made of scoria and tephra ( small volcanic rock fragments) they from quickly perhaps over a few days. They can 100 of metres tall. The rock fragments are cooled quickly and glassy in texture. They require low viscosity lava to form such as basalt and can be found in Iceland and on Mt.Etna.

If they search the area its possible they will find the source.

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: www.explorevolcanoes.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
If they are telling the truth and it was an explosion at Camp Minden, why the hell would it take them 7 hours to confirm what happened?

Something of that nature could have been confirmed within an hour.

In my opinion they are obviously trying to cover up something.

Apparently because the bunker exploded "exactly the way it was supposed to". They can't believe that anyone would be concerned hearing a big explosion and the windows breaking, etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by northlanative

on Aug. 31, 2007, when crews loaded six live nuclear warheads onto a B-52 bomber and flew from Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota to Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana, cruising over the nation's heartland. Each warhead was 10 times more powerful than the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II.

US nuke fly-by

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Let's face it folks - this is a complete cover up.

1) Earlier poster (sorry, forgot your name) - After explosion, took a drive to the bunker area where nothing was going on = um, an explosion with a mushroom cloud of that size would certainly have left an after effect for some time.

2) As stated in #1, an explosion of that size would certainly have an after effect = BURNING THINGS = Reporters covering said fire that ensued after such and explosion.

3) Fire Trucks on scene

4) Police on scene

5) Reports from eye witnesses

Yeah something HUGE went on here!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I haven't seen ONE picture from a news helicopter taken today, over the explosion site. If that much energy was released from a "bunker" to generate a pressure wave that takes out windows and has a "cloud" associated with it, WHERE are the pics of the explosion site? Is there a no fly zone over the area to avoid pictures of "the event"?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
KTBS 3 News Facebook:

www.facebook.com...

Appears people in the area aren't buying what the government is trying to tell them.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The 10 U.S. sites that currently host nuclear weapons are:

Strategic Weapons Facility Pacific, Bangor, Washington;
Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada;
Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming;
Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico;
Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana;
Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota;
Pantex Plant, Texas;
Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana;
Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri;
Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic, Kings Bay, Georgia.

However, BAFB is also hosts TWO of the THREE active B52 bomb units in the entire country. And, as I assume most of you on this thread are acutely aware of, the B-52 is the most lethal bomber in the world-- range of over 8,000 miles and the capability to drop 70,000 pounds of bombs, including nuclear weapons, cruise missiles and precision bombs.

BAFB would be a very attractive strategic target for a capable American enemy.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
some where I saw the 3 radar images, They had detected the mushroom cloud at 7,000 feet

3 of them ,, 11:27 pm 11:38 pm and at 11:48 pm ,, Some one must have video of this??

So a munitions bunker blew up without warning.. 3 TIMES. in 10 min incriments.. Sure it did

Think about it ,, BOOM , what was that , (go out and see)
10 mins later BOOM Holly get the camera.
10 mins later BOOM ..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well, after waiting all day for some juicy first-person accounts from my Facebook post, I am left only with the reminder that almost everyone I know from home are very heavy drinkers. Many of the responses were either dumb jokes, comments about being too hammered to care at the time, or more smartass comments about what went through their mind when they felt the initial boom.
Regardless, not a single one of them gave a serious reply

....I miss home.........

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
There is no conspiracy here, as much as you want to create one.

Well thanks for at least having that avatar, give us a nice heads up on how suspect your judgement is..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
There is no conspiracy here, as much as you want to create one.

Well thanks for at least having that avatar, give us a nice heads up on how suspect your judgement is..

Some people don't like talking about conspiracies on a conspiracy site (but that person's agenda is obvious)

------------------------

Don't want to make a thread about this, but seeing how things are hopping right now Maine just experienced a 4.5 earthquake...friends on FB are telling me about it.

earthquake-report.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
After reading all these pages of comments and official statements i'm more confused than at the start.

I don't always believe eye witness accounts when discussing directions etc in the sky because objects in the sky can seem a lot closer than they actually are which can always explain the differing eye witness accounts.

That said, clearly a lot of people saw something crossing the sky. They've all said the same thing... it went across the sky. It didn't go up like an explosion or flash quick. They all seem to have watched it make its way across the sky and disappear. So what was it?

An explosion with a blast radius of 7200ft UPWARDS would have had a lot more attention and disruption than this has so i'm not buying it was any sort of explosion from the ground.

Whatever caused the explosion on the ground (if there was an explosion on the ground) was caused by whatever people saw flying through the sky.

The main question is what was actually seen in the sky? Meteorite? UFO? Plane? Missile?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Google searched for images of the aftermath. Not one I could find of the area that exploded. Wonder why that is? hmm What don't they want us to see? News people are always all over any sort of disaster (or non-disaster) with cameras, aerial photos, shots on the ground, youtube videos, etc. The absence of ANY pics is telling. Silence is deafening.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

imho, nada!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Reading this thread today really freaked me out!

Why? Because last night I had a vivid dream of walking out a backdoor and looking up and seeing this huge dark mushroom cloud in the distance, that was quickly billowing up into the sky!

Tried to make sense of it as I live in New Zealand and isn't something you'd expect to see here. Was hoping it wasn't a premonition of something that was about to happen.

I can't even say if it was related to my own country as I didn't recognize the house I walked of, or the surroundings.

I don't have these experiences too often, but they're usually relevant when I search around.

Apart from that, this whole thing SMELLS! I have to agree with what Max said some posts back.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by MaxBlack

i can appreciate the Russian as antagonst connection...

but i entertain the idea that this incident is a Iranian terror cell at work doing sabotage here on our turf.

Wait, what?

This incident is definitely troubling and mysterious, but perhaps it's a little early to start blaming Iran?

I really don't understand how that conclusion could be drawn.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You have to give weight to the multiple witnesses who say they saw something streaking over the sky before the explosion. Anytime you have multiple witnesses from different geological points and perspectives, you just can't sweep it under the rug. Something doesn't sound right. I'm sure in the next 24 hours, we'll find out what part of the story the media will push. Government cover story, or will they side with the multitude of witnesses and investigate the story further to get to the truth. I won't hold my breath.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I find the burn ban in the area puzzling because it's not dry in that area.
Maybe they are using inferred to locate something.

Also so far we have no proof of an explosion at a ammo bunker.
Only proof of the streaks in the sky,huge explosion, and 7000ft debris/smoke plume.

edit on 16-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You know, the Red Bull capsule had to land somewhere...

Just sayin.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join