It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Something shakes northwest Louisiana

Northwest Louisiana authorities are investigating the source of whatever shook people's residences and businesses about 11:40 p.m. Monday.

The Webster sheriff's office now is entertaining the possibility that it may have been a meteorite, possibly in the Dixie Inn area. There have been a large number of reports stating that they saw something come down instead of something blow up, a spokesman said.

And a woman reported hearing what sounded like debris hit a shop on Bellevue Road in the Dixie Inn area.

This is very spooky.

I'm reading things from other web sources about this event I really don't like. So far this is the only MSM report I can find.

Meteorite.... Hmmm....
edit on 16-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Now a second MSM source:

Loud Explosion in Webster Parish

Residents in Bossier and Webster are reporting a loud explosion.

Webster Parish Officials say they currently believe it was a meteor north of Minden shortly before 11:30 PM Monday.

According to people near Doyline and Minden their houses shook knocking pictures off the walls.

There is also reports of a fireball after the explosion.

The Sheriff's office has informed us that everything is under control and no risk to the public.

No word on exact location as of this hour.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Here is more for you:

www.ksla.com...

We are getting reports that people heard an explosion just before 11:30 p.m. from areas including: Minden, Doyline, Haughton, South Bossier and Shreveport. Callers are also reporting seeing a bright light flash in the sky when they heard the boom. Officials with the Webster Parish Sheriff's Office tell us they have crews searching for the source of the noise.

All I have to say is that I hope it landed on my estranged husbands house. A girl can dream, can't she?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
S + F! I'm an hour away.

No, I didn't see anything. I had Planetside 2 cranked up and there could have been tripods landing and I wouldn't have known. On the off chance that this *is* the scout force for an invasion, ATS will be the first to know.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
reply to post by loam

All I have to say is that I hope it landed on my estranged husbands house. A girl can dream, can't she?
Ouch..
I have family about 30 minutes from there, I'm tempted to wake them up and ask them if they heard anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Wasn't debris suppose to be falling tonight from a meteor or somthin.... I thought i heard that somewhere. That coulda been it..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sounds about the same time the vibrations were out here. To me it sounded like the Incredible hulk was walking around and with each step ,my bed would vibrate and jump. Boom, Boom, Boom, (Booms being the steps), Previous night about the same time, there booms but not as loud and as close as they were last night. Tonight it's pretty much quiet.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Sounds about the same time the vibrations were out here. To me it sounded like the Incredible hulk was walking around and with each step ,my bed would vibrate and jump. Boom, Boom, Boom, (Booms being the steps), Previous night about the same time, there booms but not as loud and as close as they were last night. Tonight it's pretty much quiet.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)
Are you in North Louisiana?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

No,

Eastern NC

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Check you facebook accounts for any people living in those areas and simply ask them. If that was 30min away from where I live id definately drive over to see for myself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I would say it was time to get out of Louisiana.....
Too many bad things going on in that region IMO....

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks. I'm in Lousianna and I'm evacuating my family now. Totally uprooting my kids from their schools, quitting my job and making my wife quit hers because of a sinkhole and a meteorite. I'm scared.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Here's NOAA's report.

They actually caught it on radar: Interesting Phenomenon Monday night in Webster Parish

Monday night at around 11:26 pm, some type of atmospheric phenomenon occurred to the southwest of Dixie Inn, in Webster Parish, approximatey 4 miles southwest of Minden, or 28 miles east of Shreveport. The initial event occurred at Latitude/Longitude 35.578 N, -93.351 W. There is a lot of speculation about what might have occurred, but regardless of what occurred, a large flash was observed, citizens were shaken out of bed and windows were shattered during the late night hours October 15th.

What's interesting is that they are not attributing it to a meteorite yet.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The first image captured by the radar occurred at 11:28 pm cdt, with subsequent images captured at 11:37, 11:47, 11:56 and ending at 12:06 am cdt. Based on radar analysis, the unknown phenomenon appears to have initially been as high as almost 7000 feet above ground level. The sampled radar imagery is very similar to what is usually seen with smoke plumes associated with wildfires, except that it was less elongated and more concentrated as it traversed the area from southeast to northwest at approximately 10 mph.

Some after effect picked up by radar for over 30 minutes. Doesn't sound like a typical meteor...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I live in webster parish and promise I'm gonna find out what happened. At first I thought La Army Ammunition Plant exploded once again? Not this time. A meth lab gone bad? Not gonna be felt at the state line. With windows blown out this was a big boom. Something will be found and will update when I find out more.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Video report here.

They are still looking for a location....noting yet.

reply to post by roadgravel

I agree.

Moreover the video report talks about the radar not picking up a tail, which they should have been the case. But they do say what they got was some sort of debris field or cloud.

What confuses me is why it's taking them so long to get the location, since they have the radar image location?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well that was a kind of a let down. Officals in webster parish confirm it was a bunker explosion at Camp Minden Formerly La Army Ammo Plant. There are several black power manufacturing companys out there and they seem to explode every now and again. The last explosion that happened out there caused the front door to be sucked open at the Deli Stop in sibley,la.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

It is "THE MOON PEOPLE"!!!!

Don't fret........

The Sheriff's office has informed us that everything is under control and no risk to the public.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bodcausailor

Do you have a link? I'm not finding a print source.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join