It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me 1. why they would blow something up at that time of night?
AND
2. why did no one know what it was at first not even the police. They said it was a meteorite...FFS

If they were going to blow up something this big would they have not told law enforcement so when the calls start rolling in everyone knows they are safe. You know "nothing to see here people"

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
something significant happened, and it seems that a cover up is in operation. but covering up what?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So i haven't read through all of the posts in this thread so I may be repeating something, but this sure does seem similar to the situation over in Russia las week. Large explosion...mushroom could...government cover-up, claiming it was a munitions explosion.

What the????

russian explosion

fox news report on explosion in louisiana

I just don't believe in coincidences.

Now....act of nature, or attack?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
3-D Radar of Mystery Object That Hit Louisiana

Click for more info about the picture Source

AND

Additional Info: National Weather Service Public Statement
edit on 16-10-2012 by Staroth because: more cowbell

AND

see what the people are saying here KTBS 3 News Facebook
edit on 16-10-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Don't forget the Maine quake, and to the guy who said the red bull capsule came down, that was the same day as when the guy fell, news anchor said an they recovered the capsule too.

It's our crust, honestly, what if something was going up instead of going down...Then that boom makes sense and then the following streaking of something...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
As I was reading this post -all of it. An interesting idea started to form in my mind.
ANd I hope I am not right, for once.

Two items were seen in the sky.
Mechanical noises were heard.
Someone thought that something had been shot down.
Now a No burn area.

What formed in my mind was this, someone in a cloaked ship was aiming a weapon at the Louisana sinkhole tunnel complex under the ground, to ignite it. It would have looked like a natural disaster.
Another ship was alerted to this and shot the first one down, causing the sonic boom, the fireball and the meteroite-like explosion.
The No-burn instruction is because no one knows the extent of the damage to the fragile sinkhole tunnel system where methane is seeping through presently.

I hope I am not right but it seems as if WWWIII is upon us. But someone is fighting for us. I just hope the 2nd ship got there in time.

If I am right this page may well go 404, if not, then see you tomorrow. Screensave all you can.

I too have had dreams-bad ones recently.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by northlanative

I can't tell you how I know, and that's not just for spooky effect, but they are still at BAFB.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

Originally posted by bodcausailor
Well that was a kind of a let down. Officals in webster parish confirm it was a bunker explosion at Camp Minden Formerly La Army Ammo Plant. ...

Don't know that I'm buying that. There were too many reports of something flying across the sky just before the explosion.

Since when are meteors and unrelated events on the ground mutually exclusive?

So if someone sees a meteor (they can be seen every night) it must mean that it was not a bunker going up?

Originally posted by incoserv
Unless maybe a meteor hit the bunker? Now, that'd be fun!

The vast majority of meteors "burn up" (the correct term is actually "ablate") way before they reach the ground because they are small.

Larger meteoroids will sometimes survive passage through the atmosphere and reach the ground, but crucially, they often break up at high altitude (usually at around 50 km above the ground), and reach the ground after having been falling at "free-fall velocity" (9.8 meters per second squared) for a few minutes.

Those few that are large/dense enough to penetrate the atmosphere and impact the ground at significant velocity are extremely few and far between.

The chances that one got through only to hit a bunker are astronomical.

It's much more likely that the two events are totally unrelated.

Related links:
The American Meteor Society Fireball FAQs

edit on 16-10-2012 by FireballStorm because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
After reading additional reports, it seems the location has been changed.

Initially, I read the eyewitness accounts placing the location of the explosion between Dixie Inn and Minden. Now Camp Minden is identified as the location, but it's on the other side of Minden.

How could the eyewitness accounts be so wrong?

I'm surprised that with all your flags/stars/general experience here on ATS you do not seem to understand the most basic (and important) fact regarding the reliability of witness testimony: That it's extremely unreliable.

Here's a thread I started looking at how unreliable it can be here: How good are we at estimating the distance and altitude of UFOs?

There is lots of hard evidence to support this fact, and no one has yet posted coherent argument to the contrary (let alone evidence).

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Another thing I keep reading is the suggestion that there were two objects seen in the sky. For example:

About this time here in Stephens City VA, while walking my dog I had seen what looked like a shooting star - it had a tail- or another star immediatly behind it- if you blinked you missed it? I wonder if this is what I had seen, It was redder than a shooting star- or the second object was- just like a flash it was gone

Some thought something had been shot down.

Go outside on any clear night, look up, and you will see "moving objects in the sky" sooner or later. Meteors (amongst other things seen in the sky) are common, especially at this time of year, when meteor shower activity starts to ramp up. There are currently at least 6 or 7 annual meteor showers active, and sporadic meteors on top of that.

So it's no surprise that 2 or more meteors were reported in a "short" time span.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by LSU0408

so your saying the boom was before you visually saw the object?

that could be the sound barrier being broken from entering the atmosphere
whatever it was

No it couldn't.

If a very bright fireball, usually greater than magnitude -8, penetrates to the stratosphere, below an altitude of about 50 km (30 miles), and explodes as a bolide, there is a chance that sonic booms may be heard on the ground below. This is more likely if the bolide occurs at an altitude angle of about 45 degrees or so for the observer, and is less likely if the bolide occurs overhead (although still possible) or near the horizon. Because sound travels quite slowly, at only about 20 km per minute, it will generally be 1.5 to 4 minutes after the visual explosion before any sonic boom can be heard. Observers who witness such spectacular events are encouraged to listen for a full 5 minutes after the fireball for potential sonic booms.

Source: The American Meteor Society Fireball FAQs

Light would reach the eye in well under a second, sound would take minutes.

Meteoroids become luminous at around 100 km altitude, but the atmosphere is only dense enough for sounds/booms to propagate (be heard on the ground) below around 50 km.

So for the two events to be related, the light would have had to have been observed long before the sound, and certainly not the other way round. The only conclusion is that these two particular events were unrelated.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Comment from a yahoo article: news.yahoo.com...

I have a close friend that works for the Fire Dept. in that area. He told me the state police wont even let them near the site. Why wouldnt you want the fire department at the scene of a huge explosion? He also stated it seemed like they where trying to "buy time". All sounds very sketchy to me...

I think TheOtter's post addressed the question I've highlighted in the above quote.

Imagine the scenario - a powerful blast or series of blasts has just occurred, and you have no idea if another will occur...

Would you send firemen into an area where there is the chance of further explosions?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

hit a bunker

Do you have any proof that the bunker incident is real?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vampira309
So this has probably been posted, but I find it really interesting that they're talking about a "debris field" rather than an explosion or meteor Plus, eyewitness accounts of "volcanic ash" falling? WTF?.

www.youtube.com...

Well, what are bunkers usually made from?

What would happen if you blew one up?

A few tonnes of pulverized concrete would be sent up into the air, and what goes up, must come down, right?

Sounds consistent with a bunker blowing up if you ask me, but I'm no expert on bunker blasts...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

This one from New Brunswick, Canada a few days ago sounds similar, with a bright flash and then a loud earth shaking boom after, late at night: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tl1977

Also others blew; one in Huntsville AL today as well, something is very wrong!

edit on 16-10-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
We never really got a good answer on what exploded in Russia last week.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Possible similarities???

edit to add: Pattern detected?

Michigan, June 6, 2012
Russia, October 9, 2012
Louisiana, October 15, 2012

Any other recent explosions that seem to fit this pattern?
edit on 10/16/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

not really seeing a pattern there unless its days divisible by 3
or months have "e" in them.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
Whatever caused the explosion on the ground (if there was an explosion on the ground) was caused by whatever people saw flying through the sky.

Based on what?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by FireballStorm

hit a bunker

Do you have any proof that the bunker incident is real?

I never said it was.

I said the "falling ash" was consistent with it, that's all.

Edit to add: Wow! 5 stars for a post that was basically putting words in my mouth. That says it all. I'm done on this thread

edit on 16-10-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Some discrepancies.

If one overlays the radar image with the google satellite image of the same location and take into account wind direction/speed at the current time, it is possible to "pinpoint" the explosion location.

There are no bunkers next to train lines at that location, no train lines what so ever. So where is that aerial footage on the news being taken?

Also, on the aerial footage, what's all that "tin foil" look alike scattered about? what's it doing there? how did it survive the alleged "bunker explosion"?

Anyone?

edit on 16-10-2012 by p4rs3C because: added video link

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join