It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Shocking Quotes About What QE3 Is Going To Do To America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Source

It's pretty obvious that America is in quite the pickle.

The FED is attempting to 'mitigate' the problem ( IMO more like make it worse, but wtv.) by pumping up the economy.

As stated in the article though, it doesn't help cause the banks just sit on the money.

Here's the top 10 quotes about what's going to happen.

#1 Ron Paul

"It means we are weakening the dollar. We are trying to liquidate our debt through inflation. The consequence of what the Fed is doing is a lot more than just CPI. It has to do with malinvestment and people doing the wrong things at the wrong time. Believe me, there is plenty of that. The one thing that Bernanke has not achieved and it frustrates him, I can tell—is he gets no economic growth. He doesn’t do anything with the unemployment numbers. I think the country should have panicked over what the Fed is saying that we have lost control and the only thing we have left is massively creating new money out of thin air, which has not worked before, and is not going to work this time."

#2 Peter Schiff, CEO Of Euro Pacific Capital

"This is a disastrous monetary policy; it’s kamikaze monetary policy"

#3 Michael Pento, The Founder Of Pento Portfolio Strategies

"This is the nuclear option for them. This is a never-ending weapon that is being fired at the middle class"

#4 Donald Trump

"People like me will benefit from this."

#5 Economist Anthony Randazzo

"Quantitative easing—a fancy term for the Federal Reserve buying securities from predefined financial institutions, such as their investments in federal debt or mortgages—is fundamentally a regressive redistribution program that has been boosting wealth for those already engaged in the financial sector or those who already own homes, but passing little along to the rest of the economy. It is a primary driver of income inequality formed by crony capitalism. And it is hurting prospects for economic growth down the road by promoting malinvestments in the economy."

The rest can found at the source. What are your thoughts ATS?

~Tenth

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We need to follow Icelands example.

Start arresting bankers, starting with the FED.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I can't believe it. I actually agree with something Donald Trump said!

It's pretty obvious that the people at the Fed and in the upper reaches of the government are at DefCon 5 over the economy. They have no clue what to do without exposing the outright corruption within DC and are willing to sink the ship to destroy the evidence.

Harder times are coming and I hope everyone was smart enough to buy toilet paper and water instead of silver and gold.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
When they attempt to use the inflated dollar to pay off the debts - and when everyone realizes that the dollar is completely imaginary and means nothing - it will have the benefit of destroying the debts but also of collapsing the dollar.

It is like removing a hole by destroying the walls which make that hole apparent, thereby creating a large crater which evens out amidst the terrain. The hole no longer exists and there is a new playground, a new foundation with which to start. But one can only go so far before the ground starts to liquify and become hot.

It is like having a large anomaly of anti-matter in space and the only way to shut it down is to throw all the matter that you have at it, thereby cancelling it all out.

The dollar is collapse on account of the debt being paid.

That is the whole point. The dollar will simply evaporate by reason of its mission.

So there will be a new currency - which I'm sure will be easy to spot.

I haven't seen anyone mention it for a long while, but what happened to that idea about the "Amero"...? hmm.

Or it might be that we go straight to a credit system from thereon. That would give them the most power considering they aren't really interested in lawful money anymore. Imagine not requiring the expenditure of printing and coinage... imagine not requiring to trace bills but instead have a reason to trace only peoples' existence. I mean, that is what money is used to indicate, right? A debt of commodity - which thing does not exist without time, whether it be the time of nature or the time of man?

But instead they use coding systems to track commodities and to track people. Easy. Money no longer required - just numbers in the form of a ratio of worth or value.

This IS the digital age, is it not...? And how many people would be glad to find out that their cash can no longer be stolen by thieves - but that their earnings are safely kept in the form of a mathematical code which no one could access without your biological permission.

How do you expect the FED to keep up with that?

Crash.

So what will become the new currency? PEOPLE.

How pointless are all other commodities without "human resources"?

The value of a country will be the total worth of its people. The government has already set in place, has it not, a system by which they trade money using our names and numbers? Are we not invested and borrowed everyday; or rather, our "identities" are traded everyday.

That's how the imaginary number is created. It's not totally imaginary. It is a mathematical formula. One's worth or value is translated into credits.

Are we not called "human resources"? It sort of makes you want to not give blood when you think of yourself that way... like, ew, dude, are you going to can that, because, that's not cool. I'm a living soul; not a vegetable from which you can harvest your life giving juices. I will freely give my soul to someone that I know is in need - not to companies seeking profit from their "health" system (which really makes me question the existence of vampires for some reason?).

I think you understand that picture. It only makes sense.

There is no use in complaining about it. Anyone who seeks to be "successful" in the new economy should stop worrying about what they're doing now and look ahead and prepare for it. It is that simple.

Thank God for His wisdom. I am glad He calls us to be patient and wise.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the first Quantitative Easing was insane....but worth a shot in a desperate kind of way. The system really took a body blow I still don't fully understand with the mini-crash that started the mess in the second half of Bush's last term. I don't think anyone ever got all the information behind the mass run to move money out of the U.S. back then that triggered the TARP craziness...and the true start of the immediate state of emergency in the economy to begin with.

Now though? QE-3 is just using a larger bucket to try and scoop the water out of the lifeboat as it's sinking. It's not going to change anything....in fact, to stretch the analogy, it works to say the weight of the bucket makes our boat sink just a bit faster....but the illusion of normalcy can be maintained just that much longer. I think illusions so people can live half way normal lives are at least PART of what's driven the outright illogical money games now for several years and beyond just Obama. Still though....the little boat is settling deeper all the time and eventually, will sink out of sight. Then it gets wild for awhile.

To borrow another famous quote and apply it here. "Nuts!"

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I just want to point out, without getting to far off topic, a minor correction:

Defcon 5, means no warning or no danger

Defcon 1, means imminent nuclear attack

[hr]

but yes, please, shut down the fed with it's corrupt policies... If we allow this to happen, our struggles will only be carried out for another decade. But HOW!?!?!?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Americans rejected the one person who could save this country. Time to suffer the consequences.

Dont waste your vote on one of the two minions, write-in-Ron-Paul.

edit on 15-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yup.

I'ts funny how nothing but good news comes out of Iceland now that they've decided to take responsibility for themselves.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Gotta love Ron Paul, he does put it in almost plain English. And that's exactly what I expect from Trump. LOL. I looked at eBay fees recently and almost crapped myself. I'm better off selling at the local swap meet... So I agree were all in for a rough ride in America. KBB says my Mercedes is worth $3400 in poor condition, yet I honestly cant get $1800 for it right now. So for me the question remains not of what is happening, its obvious, but what can the American people do about it. ('
') Good article with quotes, gotta love quotes!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I just want to point out, without getting to far off topic, a minor correction:

Defcon 5, means no warning or no danger

Defcon 1, means imminent nuclear attack

[hr]

but yes, please, shut down the fed with it's corrupt policies... If we allow this to happen, our struggles will only be carried out for another decade. But HOW!?!?!?

Thanks for setting me straight. Military jargon is not my strong suit.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Doesn't look good.

If only we had somebody warning us about the economic downturn despite others saying everything was ok.
If only somebody had the understanding to tell us that what the government doing was bad and only going to make things worse.
If only somebody would have stood up to the Fed.

Then we could look back and say, "Hey, that guy know what he was talking about. Maybe we should give him a shot."

...or not.

Yeah, let's just keep listening to the ones that were wrong and keep doing the same things that got us in this mess in the first place. Sound good?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dr. Paul back on top with the best quote, bar none.
I can't believe how many people are ignorant enough not to support him.
Baffles me how our best solution to this mess is constantly saying what need to be done...
Yet everyone is scared of what he could do in the POTUS position.
So he is ignored, ridiculed or laughed at instead of gaining full support.
Even though his remarks are consitantly on course with corrective action.
What he has touted for the length of his congressional career is spot on.

All I can say is that if you have the capability to pay off debt, do it now.
Keep what you "own" before the debt destroys your income completely.

Do not go further into debt by listening to luring TV ads, trends and media.
Destroy your credit cards and live within your means. Period.
And no, you don't need all that crap that requires credit to buy.
Besides a home or an auto, most things can be bought with cash.
That is the reason for income. To have the ability to buy.
The reason for credit is to make someone else money.
If you can't pay cash for something then why bother? Is it that important?
(if so then apparently your priorities are mixed up)
Why compound the existing problem?

Just because these idiots are ruining the economy, seemingly on purpose...
Doesn't mean you have to suffer without a fight.

Debt = slavery.
Free yourself.

(or you can do the exact opposite: CONSUME, OBEY, CONFORM)

Your choice.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I would figure that the new currency is going to be something they can control to the 'T' so I guess Bitcoins are out of the question.. Everyone better get ready to barter their "useful" items LOL! Does anyone have a estimate of when it all comes tumbling down, maybe an event that would send it all flying? (I know some are saying 12-21-12 for their banker parties or what ever they have) They are like elite rock in rollers, drugs, sex, nice cars, food, houses, amenities up the wazoo done in a specific order as to 'keep it in the family'.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If you go and look in the American Heritage Volume History on WWII... in the prologue chapters discussing the causes of the war, you will find a chilling glimpse of what is yet to come.

The Weimar Republic had to pay back reparations and punitive payments to cover Germany's role in WWI as set by the League of Nations. Germany simply did not have enough money... so they printed money out of thin air. Deustche Marks by the millions... hundreds of millions were simply printed with nothing to back them up.

The end result can be seen in photos from the 1920s... women and children digging through trash heaps for food and coal. The infamous photo of a German hauling enough Marks to buy food at the local grocer... in a wheel barrow... lines of disenchanted, disgusted, downtrodden Germans...

In one of the photos is a group shot of young Germans and WWI vets venting their anger at such a calamity. Amongst the group is a mustached Austrian and failed artist... his name is Adolf.

With all the money we have printed so far... mixed with drought and subsequent rising prices on wheat and corn products... throw in rising turmoil in the MidEast and higher gas prices... and folks... now QE3...

We had better enjoy this fall... Halloween trick-or-treating with the kids... the family gathered around the table with the turkey... Christmas dinners and parties... because this could well be the last normal string of holidays we will see for a while.

This past July grocery prices jumped 10 percent... it wasn't that long ago that maccaronnie was 2 lbs for a buck. Now it is 8oz for 99 cents. Walk up and down the meat counters... boston butts used to be 99 cents a lb and are now 2.29 lb... hamburger used to be the el cheapo fall back item... thus Hamburger Helper... not any more. Good ol' hamburger is 3.89 lb...

If the price on shoes went up at WalMart... they would find a cheaper producer and import them.. that's how shoes stayed so cheap for so long... last year from China... this year Bangladesh... it gives a false sense of low inflation... same for all the other imports. However, if you gauge products we can't or don't import... there you see the true sense of infaltion.

So, get ready friends... the USA is a car going 100mph and the cliff is getting really damn close.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

They are not really "pumpin up the economy", I woke up yesterday to the news that Bernanke is going to pump billions into the economy to help with jobs creation and the mortgages so the banks can make affordable house buying guess what is a hoax, what he will do is pump the markets to again bailout the too big to fail that once again are up to their corrupted head with more crap from the mortgage meltdown that has not stop melting regardless of all the bailout money that has gone into their hands. After all the Fed is nothing but an expansion of Wall street.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I am not sure why I should trust any of these people. They were there, in positions of power, while all these economic mistakes were going on, so why are they so smart? Personally, I think it is simple. I think Bush got a 3am call from the bankers (or whoever represents them), that they weren't going to fund any more wars or pay for them, and their derivative schemes weren't going to work out. So now the rest of us are going to have to suck it up and pay our debts, take care of our people when we can (especially our veterans), and save the world.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

What I find amusing is that QE1 failed, and we could see the results.

QE2 failed, and we could see the results.

So QE3 is . . . . wait, what?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAMNTHATPASSWORD
.... So for me the question remains not of what is happening, its obvious, but what can the American people do about it. ('
')

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade,
If life gives you QE3 make some money

At least take advantage of this crappy situation and make some money out of it.
Invest in commodities and if you don't own a house, now would be the best time to get one, because these prices will not return. I was just waiting for the market it pick a direction, so I can follow the trend and now it's pretty clear that inflation is what we'll get. Just like a lot of people made a ton of money in the 2000 dot.com crash, shorting just about anything, internet related, now would be a good time to start creating a little bit of wealth. As crappy of a situation Europe is in, it's still soaring against the US dollar, so that should tell you something.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A few weeks ago I read an article that a Deutschbank employee reported what REALLY happened back in 2008: once the Chinese realized they had bought billions in 'mortgage backed securities' that were fraudulently created, they demanded the money back, or 'they were going to send their people' to the US to claim the land the mortgages covered. Bush and Paulson went to Congress and told them there would be martial law if the Chinese came to get their land, and convinced them they had to pay back the Chinese investors or else...

The money was given at first to the bankers, but from there to China and other countries that had bought the MBS's.
This view of things is corroborated by the odd line of questioning when Congress asked Bernanke 'who got the money?' and he answered he 'didn't know'. When pressed if some of the 'banks' that received bailout money were out of the US, he answered 'yes' but looked more scared than usual complete with quivering chin and lots of eye blinking.

I wonder how the American people would feel if they knew they were put in massive debt to bail out the criminal banking industry and pay off Chinese investors?

Here's the link to the original article, a bit of a long read but very much worth it: occupycorporatism.com...

The Chinese have now successfully ended the Dollar's claim on being the reserve currency of the globe, and will be dumping those dollars as fast as they can, which as Ron Paul states, will cause massive inflation. We've probably only got a few months left before TSHTF.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

They're going to force the US into a double dip recession, you can see it in the 10yr graphs of the market. to make it work and get away with it, they can't make it perfect they had to delay the next bump and fall.

The QE is and always was an attempt to FORCE the markets to stay inflated at unsustainable levels for as long as possible. Just to maintain the illusion of trying to create balance. No wonder they didn't listen when the entire population called for letting things correct themselves to minimize long term damage and deal with the short term consequences. They knew that was right, they also knew they wouldn't do it.

Now with the 2012/13 conspiracy nuts going insane! as if somehow the catastrophe that was predicted is going to happen on that exact day and year the calendar changes... thats the depths of retardation. They are using the doom and gloom scenarios now to get everyone all hyped up and burned out on it. Then in 2013 or 14 we'll see a major surge of market and general politicizing going on hyping the achievements and all the rest. People will laugh at the whole scenarios as if it was some fevered silly dream, turn to clasp each others hands and pat themselves on the back.

Within six months to a year the market will crash and burn, the rich will hole up forever in their fortified locations with all amenities and full staffs and underground farms and bunkers, and simply retire to them and leave the worlds populations to fight it out on the surface of the planet. All of this as the weather patterns continue to shift, the effects of solar flares slowly eat away at our ability to communicate and have a habitable atmosphere. The world will reset itself in a few hundred years, maybe more if there is a REAL catastrophe, poles shifting, a meteor, etc.

or

and this is far worse....

regardless of any of that...

the governments move to implement martial law in hot-bed areas around the country, the US/Canada/Mexico form a united treaty in order to better defend from the middle east and east. Europe will be caught in the middle of its own civil unrest and extreme weather in a dense population with nowhere to go, this next world war will be a world wide CIVIL war.

Further....

With Israel being abandoned by the US allies who swore to protect it, the surrounding forces will soon smell the panic and take their best opportunity to strike. We have not had a war like the war that is coming.

The entire news takes weekends off other than reprints, still in the digital age. Only the alternate news keeps writing in their off-time. Mainstream -accepted - average just means lazy.

The list in order of attack and domination according to General Wesley Clark March 2007 on a TV broadcast.

Afganistan, Iraq, syria, lebanon, libya, somalia, sudan, iran

It's planned, and they will use the bump and dip to fund it all. If we are all smart we'll buy in now to the market and sell off right after 2013 "flops" so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join