It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Shocking Quotes About What QE3 Is Going To Do To America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
reply to post by AlreadyGone

This has been going on for a long, long time. Globalization has indeed made the average American feel not quite so bad off (the Walmart effect), but even that is now changing. The truth is that in real terms, I make 1/4 of what my father made at the same age. But he didn't have HDTV, computers, and cheap goods from China, so looking back at his life, he didn't seem richer than me.

He may not have seemed richer than you are now but really, he was far far more wealthy.

Why?

There weren't all those things of no value you mentioned for him to waste money on. Instead his attention was placed in things that DID have value: YOU (family)

It's not surprising the way it's all turning out.

"the high cost of low price", indeed

edit on 17-9-2012 by HIWATT because: spellin'

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To me this is the biggist thing we should be talking about in this country and yet you dont really hear as much if anything at all in the MSM, that in itself is one big conspiracy. And you really dont hear much about it in the campains. Everytime I hear one of these brainiacs is going to fix somthing, I hear a clock going tick tick tick tick and I am left sitting in wonder. When is it going to go off? Somtimes saying nothing ,says alot.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
great article came out yesterday for anyone that didn't get a chance to view it.

Infinite quantitative easing (QE3) now initiated; the final chapter of America's financial blowout has begun

Steal from the poor to give to the rich
Quantitative easing, you see, is essentially the Federal Reserve creating money and then handing it to the richest banks. Meanwhile, all that new money floating around erodes the value of the dollars in the hands of the working taxpayers. So their grocery bills go up. Their fuel costs go up. Their daycare costs increase and their utility bills creep ever skyward.

But the rich banksters are simultaneously rolling in FREE Fed cash, and instead of actually lending this money out and doing something useful with it, they crank up their own executive bonuses to make sure they get paid while the rest of the economy crumbles. And why? It's simple: Because people are crooks, and if they get handed $40 billion a month in free money, they're just going to grin and say, "How can we get MORE?"

That's the credo of the banks: MORE!

www.naturalnews.com...

that's just a snippet from it but i think it really hits home with how the author lays it out in easy to understand laymen's terms.

edit on 17-9-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

In all honesty, none of it matters. The euro and other world currencies are just as much, if not more, in trouble the the US dollar. The whole world is pretty much screwed at this point.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATTHe may not have seemed richer than you are now but really, he was far far more wealthy.

Why?

There weren't all those things of no value you mentioned for him to waste money on. Instead his attention was placed in things that DID have value: YOU (family)

It's not surprising the way it's all turning out.

"the high cost of low price", indeed

Well said. The rich man can distract himself with Ferraris, we distract ourselves with iPhones. Either way is materialism and a rejection of all that is real.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
We need to follow Icelands example.

Start arresting bankers, starting with the FED.

I thought you were arguing against currency devaluation?

The ISK is barely holding steady against the Euro...and the Euro ain't going up.

The US needs something far bigger than an economic change to get out of this mess. A change that is hard enough for most small groups to do, let alone 315 million people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join