It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by Telos

Here is a simple sentence.

Don't attack other people's belief , don't impose yourself , don't follow divide and conquer.

Then judge me and reply

Love

I wasn't judging you or attacking you personally. I did quote your post as an example to make my point.

Originally posted by Acidtastic

You are the "primitive retard" as you so kindly put it. The person you quoted is a muslim, not an extremist. Do you even know the difference? Would you like me to draw you a picture so you don't have to read any long words?

I can put in other words: you and all religious nuts like you can come and kiss my no religious rear. How is that? Is been two thousand years that the worst atrocities in human history are committed in the name of religion. Killings, burning to the stakes, human sacrificing... all in the name of religion. And continues to this days with Islam. I've had enough and if you and people like you don't like what I say, I'm sorry but I consider my self a free being and eligible of the free speech and expression.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Freaking jews sponsor a movie knowing that it would bring civil unrest in arab nations so it would force us to back their zionist state and go to war with whoever isreal wants to sheesh

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I'm blown away that you're actually blaming the movie maker and not the people committing violence.

Thats right. It is an incitement to violence. And what violence? You call them being upset at the Americans a misplaced sentiment? Or just an aberration in this case?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Don't ever change your opinion or point of view, despite of someone not agreeing with you or thinking that you are wrong. It is up to those who read your words to judge them, accept them, and politely respond to them if they truly disagree.

There is no shame in having a different opinion, and there is no shame in sharing it.

You advice is really precious to me , thank you.

I really understand what you say. I keep it in mind.

I deleted because it was not going to be effective and constructive.

Some facts + negative feelings are not always going to help.

Sometimes one should be patient about ignorance and arrogance , like Jesus.

I push hard to be patient.

That is why I deleted my answer.

Thank you very much for replying and caring.

Peace and respect

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Freaking jews sponsor a movie knowing that it would bring civil unrest in arab nations so it would force us to back their zionist state and go to war with whoever isreal wants to sheesh

There it is. Combine that with the timely comments made by that same yahoo about drawing "red lines" with Iran. Naaah, that couldn't be contrived now could it?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I say, I'm sorry but I consider my self a free being and eligible of the free speech and expression.

Part of the free speech and expression that you preach about, is the ability to understand and accept other peoples opinion and points of view, as much as you may disagree with them.

Nobody should kiss your "no religious butt" because you aren't anything more than anybody else in here. Much the opposite, you are portraying yourself as person with rage, that uses hate as tool and as often as the people you accuse of doing it.

I will quote an ATS moderator, with one of the wisest phrases I've seen in ATS:

"Wars are not won or lost on ATS, they are discussed." - neformore
edit on 12-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The arc of this thread is truly mind-boggling.

To read otherwise interesting and thoughtful people rage and nash their teeth with anti-Obama venom over what is clearly a criminal act precipitated in a foreign country by a terrorist organization...when Obama has maintained virtually all of Bush's national security policies and his "War on Terror" tactics (though he uses different words) is just astounding.

Furthermore the selective amnesia or straight up revisionist history bemoaning that we are weaker with a Democrat in charge when the NYT has an expose on how the Bush administration ignored all warnings during the summer of 2001....well, it's just purposely obtuse.

All one has to do is to read this thread in order to understand how horrible uneducated the US has become and, as well, how sadly paralyzed with we are by partisan blaming and baiting.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's ironic...one of the first wars the United States ever fought was on and around that soil. It was small in size but huge in meaning...and Jefferson cleaned their clock while helping to give the Marine Corps a fine and proud history to celebrate to this day. Now, it appears we need to go back.....OR LEAVE (My preference...) but, if we're going to stake our people out like sacrificial goats for feeding time, we damn sure have the moral and ethical obligation to supply their backup to see they aren't murdered in cold blood.

I was wondering... Why this location? Why the middle of the night? It sure didn't seem random..and now we know by the man died, it really couldn't have been. They chose THIS moment to attack a secondary compound? Yeah... We just had a U.S. Ambassador assassinated. Now, will our President respond or hide under his desk and pray for peace and mercy?

Our national future is defined in moments like this.

Obama will say we will respond.

Then the White House Leaker-in-Chief will leak - HOW - we will respond to make Obama

look tough on terrorism. Sound familiar ?

It's too late. Obama looks incredibly weak right now.

Hillary Clinton looks incompetent.

The damage is done.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Would have never happened if Gaddafi was in power, he held the lunatics at bay. Not saying I'm a fan of Gaddafi, but Islamists were not welcome in Libya under his rule, he rounded them up. Very sad, Libya has been transformed into a cesspool of extremism thanks to NATO's regime change operation. Well done guys.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, well, well

Hopefully everyone is more open now to the wise words of the late Colonel - those animals can't handle no democracy. At least he died because of oil and gold, now people are dying because of movies and comic books.

Isn't it ironic? don't you think?

edit on 12-9-2012 by Exitt because: .

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
reply to post by Telos

I say, I'm sorry but I consider my self a free being and eligible of the free speech and expression.

Part of the free speech and expression that you preach about, is the ability to understand and accept other peoples opinion and points of view, as much as you may disagree with them.

Nobody should kiss your "no religious butt" because you aren't anything more than anybody else in here. Much the opposite, you are portraying yourself as person with rage, that uses hate as tool and as often as the people you accuse of doing it.

I will quote an ATS moderator, with one of the wisest phrases I've seen in ATS:

"Wars are not won or lost on ATS, they are discussed." - neformore
edit on 12-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

I don't just preach it. I feel it and think it as part of me. I can understand and accept opinions, also point of views, but I cannot understand and will never accept the loss of humanity over some religious symbols. And I'm sorry to say but my non religious butt becomes somehow more valuable when I don't use it as a thinking tool but just to excrement my non digestible consumed food. And maybe if more people would portray themselves as persons with rage, and use "hate" as tool against this barbaric way of expressing love for God and religious books, the world, who knows, might become a more peaceful place to live in.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
reply to post by reficul

So they attack U.S. embassies and kill our people over that ridiculous garbage, on 9/11?

Is there any way they've even seen the movie? This really doesn't smell right. There have to be more factors at play here, even as offensive as that trash movie appears.

Ha, well in some places they are not allowed YouTube. There's a lot of bizarre stuff on YouTube and they might not be as suprised if they knew what else is on there.
Not an excuse for that sorry movie though. Not an excuse to go murder ambassadors though.

There is plenty of hateful ridicule of Christians here on this site to go around too by the way. Same thing different day different religion.
Then of course there is Bill Maher's Religulous movie, which somehow never got any Christian to storm his studio and murder people there.
edit on 12-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto

All one has to do is to read this thread in order to understand how horrible uneducated the US has become and, as well, how sadly paralyzed with we are by partisan blaming and baiting.

Sorry but your post have no value at all ...you admit

reply to post by TinfoilTP

No, just the year the GOP became paranoid obstructionists.I say that as someone who voted for George Bush twice.

This is enough ...now go away

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is awful news but goes to show at the same time that Western intervention has not done a lot of good for the country. When that tyrant, Gaddafi was finally taken off his chair of power everyone thought Libya would change and be a country of prosperity and growth. Unfortunately it has been overcome by small pockets of gangs wanting to take control of the country and only interested in one thing; money. I sincerely hope the UN deploys troops in order to get Libya back to where it was after Gaddafi fell so they can have a proper police force and a proper army to keep law and order.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

No, just the year the GOP became paranoid obstructionists.I say that as someone who voted for George Bush twice.

Sergeant Stiletto is having a hard time derailing the thread.

The Obama Administration is sitting in a big foreign policy mess.

Hillary funded the perpetrators of this terrorism at our embassies in Egypt, Libya & Tunisia.

Should Hillary Clinton resign?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Origins of Provocative Video Are Shrouded

There is something really shady going on here.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by xavi1000

Sergeant Stiletto is having a hard time derailing the thread.

The Obama Administration is sitting in a big foreign policy mess.

Hillary funded the perpetrators of this terrorism at our embassies in Egypt, Libya & Tunisia.

Should Hillary Clinton resign?

No, she should stay so responsibility goes straight to the top where it belongs. She is following policy set by the President not her.

link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by Telos

Here is a simple sentence.

Don't attack other people's belief , don't impose yourself , don't follow divide and conquer.

Then judge me and reply

Love

I wasn't judging you or attacking you personally. I did quote your post as an example to make my point.

Originally posted by Acidtastic

You are the "primitive retard" as you so kindly put it. The person you quoted is a muslim, not an extremist. Do you even know the difference? Would you like me to draw you a picture so you don't have to read any long words?

I can put in other words: you and all religious nuts like you can come and kiss my no religious rear. How is that? Is been two thousand years that the worst atrocities in human history are committed in the name of religion. Killings, burning to the stakes, human sacrificing... all in the name of religion. And continues to this days with Islam. I've had enough and if you and people like you don't like what I say, I'm sorry but I consider my self a free being and eligible of the free speech and expression.
I'm not religious, not in the slightest. I just know the difference between right and wrong. It really is that simple. 2 wrongs never make a right.

link   
I find it ironic that a lot of people outside of Muslim have condemned the video without even watching it

You really should watch something for yourself before going along with the crowd.

The video may have a lot of facts to back up their claims. But who cares about facts, right? It's only opinions and beliefs that matter. Not facts.

link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Nothing the Obama admin has done in the Middle East and North Africa will reap benefits. He is enabling the Muslim Brotherhood and more anti-American pockets of people. He gave a lot of money to Egypt in 2010. I guess buying them doesn't work anymore either, as the Arab Spring followed shortly after.

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join