It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

I just wanted to come here to let you meet an actual flat earther because of this thread. You're not impressed, I'm sorry. I was just trying to introduce you to a new idea. Apparently most of you know everything already, but why be rude?

I think you miss the point.

You have to prove the mainstream theory wrong if you want to go head to head with conventional physics - not the other way around.

So far you only have hearsay and conjecture.

Mainstream physics is based on observable facts. Anything less is a hypothesis or at best....a theory.

Unfortunately for yourself, the evidence against a flat earth is insurmountable - whether you believe it or not.

en.wikipedia.org...

How is a polar orbit possible in a "flat earth" scenario?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

Okay, that was just....a whole lot of meaningless words strung together in a bunch of utter nonsense.

How can I possibly debate that?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So I went to the Flat Earth Society website (I'm a sucker for punishment) and checked out their FAQ's. Here is the obvious first question outside of "Are you serious?" as taken from their website:

Q: "Why do you believe the Earth is flat?"

A: It looks that way up close. In our local reference frame, it appears to take a flat shape, ignoring obvious hills and valleys.

Brilliant!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

Okay, that was just....a whole lot of meaningless words strung together in a bunch of utter nonsense.

How can I possibly debate that?

Perhaps because You are incapable of thinking outside of the box You are so locked inside of????
To YOU My words may seem as You find them, but universe is vastly different to how You have been indoctrinated to BELIEVE it is.
And You belief system will fight to the death, to be correct.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow, this thread rather reminds me of the Pentagon no plane theory. Lots of physical evidence but the critical thinking skills have been eliminated and turned into a religion of sorts.

Rich

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Belief =/= fact.

Belief: God.

Fact: Math.

2+2 =4, earth = sphere.

You can have a debate on whether or not God is real. You can have a debate on whether or not the Big Bang happened.

You can't have a debate on whether or not 2+2 = 4 and you can't have a debate on whether or not the earth is a sphere.

In other words, debating whether or not what you said is true is like debating whether or not 2+2 is really equal to 4. Do you not understand this very simple idea?
edit on 13-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

i believe that the underside of the world is a dark and frightening place, populated by poor benighted souls who have developed a vice like grip in their hands to allow them to navigate their environment, and to prevent them from falling into the dark pit of space.

Dude! that's where the Aliens live! It all makes sense now!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Belief =/= fact.

Belief: God.

Fact: Math.

2+2 =4, earth = sphere.

You can have a debate on whether or not God is real. You can have a debate on whether or not the Big Bang happened.

You can't have a debate on whether or not 2+2 = 4 and you can't have a debate on whether or not the earth is a sphere.

In other words, debating whether or not what you said is true is like debating whether or not 2+2 is really equal to 4. Do you not understand this very simple idea?
edit on 13-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

Oh Yes I can.
Gravitor

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

K, then.....Go!

Debate it. Prove to me that the earth is flat and the universe is nothing more than a bunch of giant flat screens (LED in 3-D, I assume?) projecting pictures at me.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

K, then.....Go!

Debate it. Prove to me that the earth is flat and the universe is nothing more than a bunch of giant flat screens (LED in 3-D, I assume?) projecting pictures at me.

Thank You, But I don't need Your approval.
There is a multiple of dimensions involved, which is the hardest of all to describe in a world so indoctrinated into thinking that 3D is the be all and end all of reality, it isn't.
AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
You confused one are simply a self similer consequence of how universe operates, as the planet is, and as every atom is.
This is a scalar system that self replicates at all scale.
It is empowred and enabled by a duality of spin charges that permeate universe, they do so in a dual whorl heart centred fashion best shown as ANU.
www.greatdreams.com...

YOU confused one exist within the 4D dual whorls shown in the link, they empower You to remember how You are uniquely arranged.
gravitor
edit on 13-9-2012 by gravitor because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by gravitor because: spellings

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Huh.. I thought this was debunked in the 17th century..

actually the Sumerians new around 5 thousand years ago...it seems that the knowledge was some how lost only to be rediscovered a few hundred years ago..who would of thought it that the dumb would inherit the earth

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1

I don't think you read all of my posts, or maybe you did not comprehend the written words. I explained my experiment, I read a book, with link on here(available free on the internet), I talk with other people.Internet searches, I investigated a long time.

Oh, so you have a degree in a science field and have done extensive research both physical and theoretical? You have worked with space flight and developed rocketry to orbit your "flat earth" take photos and document this "edge of the world" have you?

You did no experiment, the book you read was fiction and you liked to an opinion blog. If you've talked to other people, they were people who were as unknowing as you are. You have no concept of what scientific research is, nor do you know how to carry out an experiment. You have done even less than the average 5th grader has done over a period of a few days, that is NOT a "long time" nor is it "investigating".

My opinion is that you lack a basic education as well as reasoning ability.

Feel free to fully outline this little "experiment" of yours along with the data collection and analysis you have done. Feel free to read actual, non-fiction books that don't involve characters that occasionally take a romp in the sack. Feel free to link to a website that isn't an opinion blog and has actual data and research on it. Feel free to speak to people who have actual degrees and have worked in the field instead of some guy who flunked out of the third grade and draws a crazy pension. Feel free to spend a few years doing ACTUAL research and investigation instead of playing with it a few days and insisting that you have unquestionable proof without so much as a hypothesis, let along an actual theory or anything to back it up.

Seriously, if you can't "run with the big dogs", stay under the porch. This isn't something you can have an "opinon" on, this is an actual, measurable occurance. It's not open to opinions, it is a fact. It can be and has been measured, calculated and supported by hard evidence. If you are unable to comprehend this, then you probably need to seek professional assistance or at least some form of tutoring or educational develpment. I seriously doubt you have graduated from high school and sincerely hope you are very young. If you are over 30 years old and have graduated from high school, you have grounds for a good lawsuit against whatever institution is responsible for giving you a diploma.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1

reply to post by hoppy1

If you're not going to respond intelligently to the questions asked of you and refuse to even read all replies on this thread, why are you even here? Are you only here to proselytize?

There is a lot of stuff in this forum, and fast paced. I just answered a few questions and criticisms. Its' a lot of stuff, I am not sitting at my computer all day long. You guys are all over me quick. I just wanted to come here to let you meet an actual flat earther because of this thread. You're not impressed, I'm sorry. I was just trying to introduce you to a new idea. Apparently most of you know everything already, but why be rude?

Because it's not something open to interpretation, it's a measured and documented fact that it's spherical, not flat.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wonder how many flat earthers drive around with a GPS in their car, not realizing it is mocking their little idea

lol

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
thats due to the giant torch that illuminates us and rotates round a mythical central circle of our disk equidistant between north pole and the outer rim, and the wind is generated as a result of the differences between warm and cold areas, where the connector to the batteries temporarily failed, causing god to have to give it a shake and bang it off the kitchen sink untill it started behaving again.

i'm going now before i get banned for being naughty, but it's been a hoot, back later

awwww, but you're fun!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor

K, then.....Go!

Thank You, But I don't need Your approval.
There is a multiple of dimensions involved, which is the hardest of all to describe in a world so indoctrinated into thinking that 3D is the be all and end all of reality, it isn't.
AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
You confused one are simply a self similer consequence of how universe operates, as the planet is, and as every atom is.
This is a scalar system that self replicates at all scale.
It is empowred and enabled by a duality of spin charges that permeate universe, they do so in a dual whorl heart centred fashion best shown as ANU.
www.greatdreams.com...

YOU confused one exist within the 4D dual whorls shown in the link, they empower You to remember how You are uniquely arranged.
gravitor
edit on 13-9-2012 by gravitor because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by gravitor because: spellings

So he goes on and on and on about how nobody will listen to him (and his half-baked ideas), but when given the chance and asked to explain himself, he decides not to... yeah, sure, that's how you prove your point

Dude, you don't even know what a scalar (or a vector) is, you have NO CONCEPT. You've copied words off the internet again thinking they make you sound smart but they only point out the scope of your ignorance.
Several people here are well versed in math and science so you aren't impressing anyone by misusing various concepts, you're just driving home the fact that you have no clue.
You come off with quotes like "as the planet is, and as every atom is" yet you have NO IDEA that atoms are also spherical, not flat. You keep sticking your foot in your mouth every time you try to pull this yet you continue pulling it.

I'd like to say "quit while you're ahead", but you've never been ahead, so I'll go with "quit before you get even further behind than anyone has ever been before".

I can tolerate many, many things, but outright stupidity is NOT one of those things. The motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance", therefore, it is our calling to deny you. What you are spouting is pure, unadulterated ignorance approaching utter stupidity. Ignorance can be corrected, stupidity cannot. You are surpassing ignorance at this point.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I wonder how many flat earthers drive around with a GPS in their car, not realizing it is mocking their little idea

lol

I sincerely hope they don't allow people like that to drive

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The arrogance on this site just increases by the day.

I love how everybody is all of the sudden a Spherical Earth Expert.

People love being right.....even if they know they are wrong.

Questions are how we find the truth. Those that stop asking questions have become complacent in what they believe and have therefore stopped learning / attaining knowledge.

They feel they know all there is to know, which is why they make assumptions based on Information OTHER people discovered 100's of years ago.

99% of you CAN'T prove the OP wrong....and you know it.

Nor can anybody 100% prove him right.

All that we " KNOW " is based in THEORIES..........Not facts.

I'm neither for nor against this theory.....I keep an open mind and constantly ask questions, because that is how the truth reveals itself.

We don't determine truth.....Truth already exists.
edit on 13-9-2012 by LucidDreamer85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow, when people that believe in contrails and 9/11 conspiracies mock your beliefs, you know you're a fool.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

The fact that the earth is a sphere is not a theory.

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join