It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by hoppy1

I believe the moon is a self luminated object, as the sun is. I have no explanation for moon phases.

I believe those earth shots are fake. There is a youtube video of the astronauts faking earth shots from space. Can't link now from phone.

Lol, this is too easy....

So if the Moon is a self-illuminated object, why isn't it a full moon all the time? The Moon just happens to decide to stop emitting light at the exact same time, and in the exact same shape as the Earth blocking the sunlight from hitting the Moon and reflecting back onto Earth?

I mean, I know you don't believe that the moon orbits the Earth, which orbits the sun, and that the moon gives off it's own light. But don't you find it funny how IF the moon DID orbit the Earth, which DID orbit the sun, which DID illuminate the moon, how it all works out PERFECTLY that the Earth would theoretically block out the sun's light from hitting the moon, giving us that nice crescent shaped moon?
The above is how a round earth eclipse happens, not moon phases.

Funny how that works.... I mean how it all works perfectly for how we say it works, but you just don't have any explanation whatsoever for why the moon appears as it does if your idea is correct. Hmmmm.... I mean really your mind doesn't put that together and say "hey, those guy's idea about how this stuff works makes perfect sense, because the moon appears just like they say it will, based on the mechanics they claim are true, but I don't believe it, yet I have zero explanation at all for the moon's appearance"

Hmmmmmm........
I used to believe the round earth theory. I know it all sounds perfectly logical. I did not believe in the flat earth immediately upon hearing about it. It is a very hard concept to grasp at first. It took me months of de-programming to see the earth as flat. I don't have all the answers for everything you people demand, I am no expert on flat earth theory.
I believe the earth is flat, after months of studying and thinking about it. I know you think I am crazy, I think you are brainwashed and cannot believe something you don't presently believe. Most people can never believe this, but some do after thinking about it and investigating it. There is not one specific piece of evidence that got me believing(except the experiment I did on the water). The totality of evidence, the book Earth Not a Globe, examining the moon landing hoax, spending time on www.theflatearthsociety.org... and talking to people, researching over time has lead me to this conclusion.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

For all you guys who say there is no evidence, it is not true. Read the documents I linked previously. I have also proved flatness myself. I took a strong laser 500mw out on a boat. At night I was going to shine it and see how far I could see it from. It was windy out and I could not do the experiments I had planned. So we were sitting there in the boat close to shore and protected from the wind. I was just shining the laser around seeing what it could do. Then I noticed lighted channel marker buoys, and looked on the nautical charts. I could see the buoy that was 5 miles away. I checked this out (5 miles) on google earth also. The next day I went back to look at the buoy, it is 81/2' above the water level. My head was 2 feet above the water level. The drop over 5 miles on round earth should be 16', therefore the buoy could not have been seen by me, if the earth is a sphere.
The drop that there has to be if the earth is a sphere is greater than many expect.

That is hardly proof of flatness. If you take that as proof of the Earth being flat, then you should have no problem taking the millions of times more evidence of roundness.

Assuming this actually happened, and assuming you were actually correct in your distance, assuming you were actually correct with the buoys identity, assuming you were actually correct with the buoys location, you said yourself you were on extremely windy seas. Extremely windy seas means high swells. Which means you, or the buoy, or you AND the buoy could have EASILY risen high enough to be visible to each other.
I said windy, not extremely. There were 2' wave chops, I was in calmer water,near shore
Also, why was your head only 2 feet above water level? Were you on a submarine with your head popping out of the hatch?
I was on an 18' boat at the stern with my head low.
If the Earth is flat, I should be able to get on a high mountain near the ocean, get a telescope, and see the continent on the other side of the Ocean, yes? Such a feat has not once ever happened. Hmm.... I wonder why.
Air is not completely invisible, and our eyes lose the vision after a distance. Have you ever watched a plane fly away until it was no longer visible? It disappears, like looking down a train track at the vanishing point.
edit on 13-9-2012 by hoppy1 because: Quote and color fail, sorry for the fail

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

I used to believe the round earth theory.

I don't know why I keep giving you the benefit of doubt here but...

There's your mistake right there. The earth being a three-dimentional spheroid is not a theory. There's nothing to debunk, nothing to hypothesize about.

Whether the moon landing was a hoax or not has absolutely nothing to do with the shape of the earth. How can you possibly take on such an idea when you can't even prove it to yourself? Believing in the Flat Earth theory isn't a faith or belief like in a religion or god. Believing the earth is flat is the same as me believing 2+2=9. It's silly and has no base in reality.

Air is not completely invisible, and our eyes lose the vision after a distance. Have you ever watched a plane fly away until it was no longer visible? It disappears, like looking down a train track at the vanishing point.

But the sun and moon don't get smaller and smaller until it vanishes. Invalid example.

The totality of evidence

Please do share this "totality" of evidence. Because I have yet to see one solid, unmistakable, undeniable piece of evidence that the earth is flat. Yet I see irrefutable, undeniable evidence every, single day that the earth is round.

edit on 13-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I did not believe in the flat earth immediately upon hearing about it. It is a very hard concept to grasp at first. It took me months of de-programming to see the earth as flat.

i reviewed the sacred texts link you posted, and it did not take you months of deprogramming to believe in a flat earth, rather months of reading spurious nonsense from a bygone age written by a half wit, all the while failing to use your critical faculties.
sorry, but your belief is beyond hope, there is clearly no point having a rational discussion with you as evidenced by others futile attempts to get you to switch on (and i take my hat off to them), you've reprogrammed yourself to have nowt but rocks in your head, props to you!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor

YOU are ASSUMING.
You are assuming that only those who are capable of expressing their knowledge in written excellence are capable of recieving higher knowledge....You assume wrongly.
Can a native of this planet who has never even seen the written word explain the knowledge He or She has far in advance of what You have been indoctrinated with?
No they cannot, but it means nothing in terms of what knowledge they actually know.
Please try to stop been boxed in by such reliance on wordsmiths.
I am highly dyslexic, and only this computer allows Me to be able to try and explain something that is not presently in the conciouscness field of this planet.
But there are those who can access higher knowledge from larger conciouscness fields, it helps though to be less indoctrinated , thus My dyslexia is a blessing.
gravitor

BAM!

And there it is!

I bow to thee oh mighty dyslexic god of man!

This is exactly what I'm taking people. This guy isn't claiming he did any research or test to determine the flatness of the Earth. He isn't even claiming he just read a very convincing article which he understood the material well. He is just so much more enlightened then all of us small minded folk that he can just grab ideas out of thin air! Quite literally. He just sat there with his eyes closed or something, and because he is so special he just has knowledge flow into his brain. That's impressive, no doubt.

To the people defending the flat Earth supporters, are you reading this? What do you have to say? You say we are being closed minded because we use logic and demonstrable tests to figure things out, where as this guy literally pulls it out of his butt and we are supposed to accept this?

I don't think you read all of my posts, or maybe you did not comprehend the written words. I explained my experiment, I read a book, with link on here(available free on the internet), I talk with other people.Internet searches, I investigated a long time.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Have you ever thought about the tides? 2high tides at the same on opposite sides of the earth. NASA says they are caused primarily by gravity from the moon. That could make sense for 1high tide, but not for 2 in 24 hours.

It makes perfect sense if you take any time to actually understand the material.

Like I said before: Ignorance begets ignorance.

Enlighten me as to how the moon causes 2 high tides at the same time on opposite sides of the earth.
edit on 13-9-2012 by hoppy1 because: Already answered earlier in thread. Forget this question.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Apologies first off as I havent had enough time to go through the 17 pages of this thread, but correct me if I'm wrong a flat object always has another side. Take a piece of paper (a flat piece), write A on one side and B the other side. Now let's say the letter A side is the surface of the earth .. What is B? If all of the land is on side A what is on the other side of the earth? I'm a firm believer that the earth is round I mean .. What about the people who have sailed around the world and returned to the same port/harbour they first set off at. If the earth was flat surely they would of dropped off the edge ?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

i believe that the underside of the world is a dark and frightening place, populated by poor benighted souls who have developed a vice like grip in their hands to allow them to navigate their environment, and to prevent them from falling into the dark pit of space.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Apologies first off as I havent had enough time to go through the 17 pages of this thread, but correct me if I'm wrong a flat object always has another side. Take a piece of paper (a flat piece), write A on one side and B the other side. Now let's say the letter A side is the surface of the earth .. What is B? If all of the land is on side A what is on the other side of the earth? I'm a firm believer that the earth is round I mean .. What about the people who have sailed around the world and returned to the same port/harbour they first set off at. If the earth was flat surely they would of dropped off the edge ?

Flat earth circumnavigation is a big circle, similar to round earth except flat. North Pole is the center of the circle, the south pole is the outside edge of the circle. Your compass points north, as you sail east. You keep going and have made a circle.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

If you're not going to respond intelligently to the questions asked of you and refuse to even read all replies on this thread, why are you even here? Are you only here to proselytize?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
these poor creatures that hang bat-like from the underside of earth survive soley on a so far undiscovered species of extremophile worm, that burrows through the layers of soil, rock, candyfloss and magma that make up the flat earth. luckily they pick up a lot of heat going through said magma, which they retain in their bodies due to the insulating properties of candyfloss, thereby passing on invaluable body heat to the afore mentioned under-earth dwellers, ensuring their continued survival.

i cant find a ref for this at present, but i will continue to scan sacred texts for one untill my brain drops out of my left ear.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

i believe that the underside of the world is a dark and frightening place, populated by poor benighted souls who have developed a vice like grip in their hands to allow them to navigate their environment, and to prevent them from falling into the dark pit of space.

You don't know how hard I'm trying not to laugh as I like to give people chances on their views on ATS but your reply bought a smile to my face. And there I was hoping the underneath of the earth would of been like Avatar with floating rocks and waterfalls ... Disappointed

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by hoppy1

If you're not going to respond intelligently to the questions asked of you and refuse to even read all replies on this thread, why are you even here? Are you only here to proselytize?

There is a lot of stuff in this forum, and fast paced. I just answered a few questions and criticisms. Its' a lot of stuff, I am not sitting at my computer all day long. You guys are all over me quick. I just wanted to come here to let you meet an actual flat earther because of this thread. You're not impressed, I'm sorry. I was just trying to introduce you to a new idea. Apparently most of you know everything already, but why be rude?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hoppy .. Can you answer another question. The earth has volcanoes, magma and lava comes from the ground. If the earth is flat .. Where is all this lava and magma stored?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Hoppy .. Can you answer another question. The earth has volcanoes, magma and lava comes from the ground. If the earth is flat .. Where is all this lava and magma stored?
In the same place as round earth, underground.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

hence the body heat picked up by the worms that i mentioned in my earlier post, before they pass through the insulating candyfloss.

it all make perfect sense really

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

In the same place as round earth, underground.

Right ok .. Another question before I go back to work
.. As you described to me the north pole being at the centre of the earth how do you explain temperature differences ? If the earth was flat then shouldn't the earths temperatures be all the same ? Where do all the air streams and air currents go do they just drop off the edge too ?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
thats due to the giant torch that illuminates us and rotates round a mythical central circle of our disk equidistant between north pole and the outer rim, and the wind is generated as a result of the differences between warm and cold areas, where the connector to the batteries temporarily failed, causing god to have to give it a shake and bang it off the kitchen sink untill it started behaving again.

i'm going now before i get banned for being naughty, but it's been a hoot, back later

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I'm not saying anything lol

I do have another question hoppy. If I were to drill through the flat earth would I eventually come through the bottom off the earth and fall into blackness ?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by gravitor

You may be correct, with Your post it does seem as though We are entering the dark ages.

Fortunately we have you here to enlighten us.

Have you or can you explain why Polaris is not visible to the Southern Hemisphere?

TIA

The flat screens of reality are from all direction at once, they are orientated spherically in such geometry to form a dominant cross that creates the local polarity and equator.
The illusion to the observer is a a solid spheroid , and wherever the observer is situated the view is restricted due to the flat planes of the holographic inputs forming the illusionary spheroid.

Wherever You are situated there will be a continuous series of flat planes that cross each other in fibonacci related geometry, You see via electric based senses that rely upon signals returning, they progressively d0on't return due to them been deflected by the crossing flat projections.

This is all outside of any accepted or indoctrinated knowledge, so there will be n0o links to anything written by others.
Either debate it, but don't fall into the ridicule and abusive child like replies been made by many pathetic posters on this thread.
It is their percieved EGO driven false information that is demanding to be correct.
gravitor

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join