It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
hoppy1, as long as you don't know how to explain why the moon is sometime spherical, sometime crescent, don't bother pushing your kiddy science.
I don't care what you think. I just came here to let you know what I believe. If you guys don't want to hear about it I'll leave. CHILL PEOPLE.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor

I found the fibonacci sequencing in the angles and measurements that I detect via dowsing before ever hearing of such.
When I did find the sequence I nearly flipped.
YOU know nothing of what I know yet rant on upon here as though You do, You show yourself up.

The projections that are detectable are in nine parallel lines, arranged in three sets of threes...thats 3,6,9, which a certain Mr tesla knew of.
I know a vast amount relative to nature and the fibonacci and Lucas sequencings, and if You want to drop Your arrogant ridiculous attitude I will discuss with You how this creates the reality that is wrongly thought to be all there is.
Everything is created by absolute flat projections that are of universe, as you switch about within this system the illusion is of always been on a circuler seperate planet, it is in reality a vast multiple arrangement of holographic screens that overlap .
You have to be able to sort of tune into natures radio station that is 1.618...also on radio .618.

The origins of fibonacci go way back further than Mr bigollo into hindu origins.
There can be found the sequencing in the fire altars , if You actually have any idea about what You say .

gravitor
edit on 13-9-2012 by gravitor because: (no reason given)

With the blatant errors you posted here, it is very, VERY clear you copied from a website that used it incorrectly. You just tipped your hand

You have absolutely NO CLUE who Fibonacci is nor anything about his work

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1

hoppy1, as long as you don't know how to explain why the moon is sometime spherical, sometime crescent, don't bother pushing your kiddy science.
I don't care what you think. I just came here to let you know what I believe. If you guys don't want to hear about it I'll leave. CHILL PEOPLE.

ok, see ya

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1

I actually want to hear about it, but you can't even provide a better answer than "Gee I don't know" - "These pics are fake".

The only thing you've said about my question was that the moon is a self lit object, which is both completely illogical and irrelevant to my question seeing as you failed to mention how does this explain the different shapes the moon appears at.

Seeing as you called people brainwashed and used a very inappropriate attitude, combined with the fact that you believe a theory that could make sense to a 6 year old at best, I'm glad to say don't let the door hit you on your way out.
edit on 13-9-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Its amazing how dumbed down and downright STUPID our society has become. I'm not referring to the flat earth believers. I'm referring to the first few posts on this thread besides the OP's. How can you possibly be certain of anything (including the world being round), without experiencing it yourself, first hand? How?

Deny ignorance indeed.

Most people have in fact personally experienced things that prove the earth is round.

The setting of the sun, for instance, something pretty much every single person has seen, is proof the Earth is round.

I agree with the person earlier in this thread that said this kind of thinking will be the demise of us. I keep using this comparison all over the place, but I'll use it again. You can't have a intelligent discussion about the Earth being round or flat just like you can't have an intelligent discussion about a flea being larger than an Elephant.

Not all viewpoints are valid or deserve respect or consideration. If someone goes around saying "yeah buddy, house fleas are WAY bigger than full grown Elephants" that person is a complete moron. One does not need to produce both a flea and Elephant for a direct size comparison to know for a fact that they are wrong. Keep an open mind but not so open your brain falls out. I think some people here have indeed already lost theirs. Playing devils advocate is fun sometimes, but in this instance there is absolutely nothing intelligent or intellectually stimulating about doing so.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I found the fibonacci sequencing in the angles and measurements that I detect via dowsing before ever hearing of such.
When I did find the sequence I nearly flipped.
YOU know nothing of what I know yet rant on upon here as though You do, You show yourself up.

The projections that are detectable are in nine parallel lines, arranged in three sets of threes...thats 3,6,9, which a certain Mr tesla knew of.
I know a vast amount relative to nature and the fibonacci and Lucas sequencings, and if You want to drop Your arrogant ridiculous attitude I will discuss with You how this creates the reality that is wrongly thought to be all there is.
Everything is created by absolute flat projections that are of universe, as you switch about within this system the illusion is of always been on a circuler seperate planet, it is in reality a vast multiple arrangement of holographic screens that overlap .
You have to be able to sort of tune into natures radio station that is 1.618...also on radio .618.

The origins of fibonacci go way back further than Mr bigollo into hindu origins.
There can be found the sequencing in the fire altars , if You actually have any idea about what You say .

gravitor
edit on 13-9-2012 by gravitor because: (no reason given)

With the blatant errors you posted here, it is very, VERY clear you copied from a website that used it incorrectly. You just tipped your hand

You have absolutely NO CLUE who Fibonacci is nor anything about his work

From the content of YOUR replies , I have high confidence that You are an expert with Your hand.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
I love how all the narrow minded gimps in this thread wont allow a discussion to take place without childish mocking. God forbid we get to discuss fringe topics here on ATS. We might as well go back to Facebook.

to the flat earthers. Believe what you want without abuse.
to the people here who posted constructive comments.
to everyone else.

There is a difference between fringe topics and things that are OBVIOUSLY false. Saying the earth is hollow, while incredibly unlikely based on pretty much every single scientific bit of knowledge we hold, is a fringe topic that CAN be discussed intelligently with people from both sides. We can't know with absolutely certainty that the Earth isn't hollow. I don't believe it is, and it's very likely it's not, but discussion about such a topic can still be had.

But saying the Earth is flat is on an entirely different level of madness. People are not being closed minded or ignorant by refusing to discuss this. There is just zero legitimacy or room for hypothesizing about anything. The Earth is round, it's a fact, and there is no way to intelligently debate that fact.

I'll bring this up AGAIN:

If I make a thread and say "fleas are larger than full grown Elephants" which is most definitely a stupid and false statement, when people start making fun of me, will you come to my rescue and tell them how they are being ignorant because they outright dismiss my statement? I hope you wouldn't defend me, because it's a viewpoint unworthy of defense or respect.

So would you defend someone who says fleas are larger than full grown Elephants? If so, WHY? There is nothing to be gained, it's a totally false statement, so why even entertain the idea?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
People are well within their right to mock these flat earth nut jobs. They are wrong, it's a fact.

This is complete, total nonsense, and these people are total idiots, along with anybody that supports them.

So anybody who holds a different opinion other than you is a total idiot and a nut job? Dude you sound like total idiot.

You're not getting it. The shape of the Earth is NOT AN OPINION! Can you not get that through your head?

Which is larger, a flea or a full grown Elephant? An Elephant! That is not an OPINION it's a FACT

Is a soup spoon a Zebra? NO! That's not an opinion it's a fact!

You seem to be unable to discern the difference between FACTs and OPINIONs and that's a very dangerous ability to lack.

If people want to say Nibiru is popping around out there just waiting to attack Earth, I think that's silly and ridiculous, but we don't know for SURE. Therefore, THAT'S an OPINION and I'll keep my mind open to the possibility.

But the Earth is ROUND that's a FACT not an OPINION so your post is a total non sequiter. You ask if everyone who has a different opinion than me is stupid? Well, no. I never said anything to suggest that. So why are you even asking? The topic is about the earth being round or flat, which is NOT a matter of opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

Why let Christians continue to believe in the bible?
A: Because they can believe what they wish. By all mean's have your input, but at least put your adult hat on and have a real go, instead of personal insults.

Because the bible can neither be proven or dis-proven. I'm not religious and don't believe the bible to be the word of god, but I cannot know for sure if god is real, or if the Bible is really the word of god. Therefore both are OPINIONS. We can have different ones, and nobody is wrong or right. Neither is fact nor can it be proven.

The shape of the Earth is not the same. It's not an opinion. It's fact. It's one or the other, and easily proven which one.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Leonardo Bigollo.....the traveller.
www.maths.surrey.ac.uk...
If one looks into the sanskrit texts , and looks for the" nine ", especially if You are a traveller along a flat and straight route, then You will see that things are not what our eyes fool us into seeing.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence
Well, the Flat Earth theory is no different to the rest of the conspiracy theories on this site.

Yes, it is. It really worries me that some people cannot see the difference, it shows a real lack of critical thinking, and makes me fear where our species is headed if those of us with so much knowledge and ability at our fingertips fail at such a simple mental exercise.

The vast majority of the conspiracy theories on ATS cannot be prove true or false. They all rely on a person individually interpreting a chain of events to mean one thing or another. They rely on people guessing what others motives are, guessing what really happened, etc. None of them are demonstrably true or false, regardless of how much some would like to think their pet theory is proven to be true. Hence the reason they are called Conspiracy THEORIES.

The shape of the Earth is not a theory. It is a set in stone (quite literally speaking) fact that any man, woman, or child can demonstrate to be true.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
Here we go, this should save some time:

Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"

Circumference: 125,829 km (78,186 miles) Diameter: 40,073 km (24,900 miles)

In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite plane.

Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, rotate at a height of 3,000 miles above sea level. As they are spotlights, they only illuminate certain places. This explains why there are nights and days on Earth. The stars are at a height of 3,100 miles above sea level, which is as far as from San Francisco to Boston. In the dark energy model, the celestial bodies are spherical and are made of ordinary matter. These spheres are being held above the Earth by DE.

In the McIntyre model, the sun and the moon are metallic discs instead. These discs are being held above the Earth by photoelectric effect. See: Photoelectric Suspension Theory. The celestial bodies are also being suspended above the Earth by photoelectric effect in the Bishop model.

Q: "Why are other planets round, but not the Earth?"

A: The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.

Q: "Please explain sunrises and sunsets."

A: It is a perspective effect. The sun is just getting farther away: it looks like it is disappearing because everything gets smaller, and eventually disappears as it gets farther away.

UPDATE:The theory of Electromagnetic Acceleration is currently being developed and reviewed by members. Once completed, Electromagnetic Acceleration will be used as an alternative in explaining sunrises, sunsets and horizons for the dark energy model only.

Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A: Since sustained spaceflight is not possible, satellites cannot orbit the Earth. The signals we supposedly receive from them are either broadcast from towers or any number of possible pseudolites. However, temporary space-flight is possible.

Nope, doesn't fly.

They say the sun APPEARS to set because it gets infinitely smaller. That is not true. Again, this is something ANYBODY and EVERYBODY on Earth can DEMONSTRABLY show as false. Look at a sunset. The sun does not get infinitely smaller. You can see the bottom 1/4 of the sun covered up by the curvature of the Earth. Then the bottom 1/2. Then the bottom 3/4 until it's gone. It retains it's whole size and shape, just lowers the amount visible

The landmass on Earth is not large enough for the sun to disappear into the distance if it was just "moving away really far" If the landmass of the Earth was on a flat plane ANYWHERE the sun shone would be visible ANYWHERE else on Earth.

And then, laughably, they CHANGE their mind and say "UPDATE: we invented a new and different reason to explain sunsets"

And they say satellites aren't possible. Well, again I've seen them, like millions of others, with my naked eye. And it's impossible for the signals of satellites to be emitted by towers. Where are these towers? Do they have locations and specs? Anybody that knows ANYTHING about radio knows that satellites would have to be exactly where they are supposed to be in order for things to work as they do.

They do not have answers. They have strings of words placed after a question. I can do that too:

Q: What are the ingredients in a loaf of bread?
A: Wall cigarette afterwards foot knob Michael Jackson

That's just as legitimate as what those loons are saying.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

Absolutely fashinating stuff.

Originally posted by James1982
The moon is round, the sun is round, we can see both, we know they are round. It's perfectly logical that the Earth is round too.

Actually you never see the other side of the moon, and both the sun and the moon looks like 2D circles from Earth.

Just saying...

edit on 11-9-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

I get what you are saying, but actually the Moon wobbles around a small bit and we are able to see past the edges of the visible side of the moon at these times. Again, something I've seen with my own eye, and something any man, woman, and child can see. So at the very least the moon is a dome shape, not a flat disc, in order to produce this effect.

And we can see the other planets rotate, revealing the other sides, they are round.

Air travel also takes into account the curvature of the Earth. If the Earth was flat, planes would not end up where they are trying to go, due to the navigation being done on the assumption of a round Earth. They would know after a flight if the Earth all of the sudden was flat. They wouldn't end up in the same spot.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one
the idea that the earth is a flat object with an edge in my op is perposterous.

on the other hand the idea the entire universe squirted itself into existance,
out of nowhere, for no reason, out of a space infinately small is also in my op
a perposterous outlook aswell.

definatly from our perspective in 3d space + or - time we percive and experience
a spherical planet orbiting a spherical star in a spiral galexy in a whoppingly large
cloud of galexies of unknown size or shape or possible structure.

thats not to say thats the only way to look at it. or to percieve or be percieved by it.

if it was flat plain and simple youd be able to see anywhere on the planet plus the edge from anywhere on the planet with sufficient height foe example an airplaine, ive been on them and i certainly couldnt see
the himalayas the supposed tallest thing on earth while i was goin over the grand canyon. case closed. with my human perception it is a sphere.

Your example of the big bang theory demonstrates what I was previously talking about.

It's called the big band Theory, because it's just a theory. Scientists can be as sure as they want about it being true, but they cannot know for sure, neither can anybody else. It's an opinion how the universe came into being. We cannot prove one way or the other.

The shape of the Earth, on the other hand, is not an opinion or a theory that we cannot prove. It can, and is a proven fact.

I like your point about seeing the whole Earth, good point. I should be able to sit on a tall mountain with a good telescope and watch the entire planet. I can't. I look out on the horizon and guess what I see? SPACE! Because the Earth is curved, I cannot look out into the Pacific Ocean and see Japan, because its on the other side of a curved surface.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Excellent thread OP.
Our senses are short distance survival senses, they are fooled by illusions at much greater distances.
Most people will REPEAT like parrots that which they are indoctrinated to believe.
If that belief is challenged they attack whoever has challenged what they believe.
That has occured right through this thread.
I do not consider that this planet is moving one fraction of an inch at all, what is creating the illusions are switching flows just as the picture on Your screen is operating.
Great thread, if You can think outside of the box You have accepted to be kept within.

Believing that this planet is moving doesn't impact the planet being round.

Close to being as ridiculous though. So what, you think the Earth is the center of the universe? The sun rotates around the Earth? Or the sun doesn't exists and it's just god with a big flashlight sitting on some clouds?

I feel like we are entering the dark ages again.... and being led there by people who think they are somehow intelligent and open minded simply because they challenge commonly known facts. Doing so doesn't make you smart, it doesn't make you special, and it doesn't make you right.

I await for the day that someone with these out-there theories are able to actually predict something or produce a piece of technology with their own personal beliefs on how physics works. Because all the technology you use, the computer or cell phone you are using, the internet that's connecting you, the car that's driving you around, the GPS that's leading you, the TV you watch, the radio you listen you, the signals that direct and power those items, all made by people who follow the "satus quo" and their stuff actually works. If the commonly accepted norms of science allow real world things to be produced that means they work. If they didn't, the technology based on them wouldn't work.

By no means am I saying we know everything, or even close to it. But we do know certain things, the continuing function of every day items proves this.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

We keep our minds so tightly closed for fear of finding something we won't like, is it any wonder we don't have a lot of clear answers yet?

Because the Earth being some specially made green house with god's spotlights pointed on our infinite plane with metallic disks in the sky to fool us into thinking they are suns, moons, and planets is somehow more scary than thinking we are all alone flying through dead empty space on a rock that's a fairly old model year drifting into the unknown for all of eternity?

Really? The latter sounds much scarier to me.... yet that's what I believe. It's not about fear, it's about using this wonderful brain that we are all blessed with to it's fullest capacity.

I see this over and over on ATS, people think they are somehow displaying their great intellect and enlightened thought patterns by going around challenging anything and everything. Yet offering nothing of their own. They don't believe anything yet call the OTHER people the "skeptics"

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
Firstly, I've not quite read all the posts yet but have to say S&F for an interesting topic, and also stars to Samuelis and Ghost375 for their open minds and sense of justice.

I'm never going to prove this one way or another as my viewing instruments lend themselves to seeing things as curved.

If we built a disc large enough, strong enough and flat enough; could we drop it onto the ocean and check to see if any of the edges are raised? If so... Round Earth.

If not...

Uhhhh..... so we somehow get the technology and resources gathered to build an absolutely massive flat disc, the largest object ever built by mankind, throw it in the ocean, and THIS is how we are to determine if the Earth is round or not?

If that's your best guess on how to test the shape of the Earth then it's no wonder some people are defending this crap.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeterCottonTail

Originally posted by jimmyx
i've been in a commercial airliner, my eyes were open, and i looked out the window...the earth is round, not flat...geez...people will believe anything, except science.

I dont think its perfectly flat. I just dont have any faith its a globe just cause rhey say so.

Who is "they"

Half the world's population involved in a huge conspiracy to convince the other half (or is it just you?) that the Earth is a sphere when it's really not?

If you don't trust it just because "they" say so, how about you use your mind? Apply a little logic?

I'm really starting to doubt our future.... why do you have to be told? Can't you think for yourself?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by waltdisney
Scientists say the Sirius star system is 8.6 light years away from Earth....

How do they know this?

How can anything in space be proven, outside of NASA?

As a human being, we know and can prove absolutely nothing about space.

Could space be an illusion held together by billion year old hologram/projection technology?

Genesis 1:16 -- "God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars".

We never see the moon rotate.

Scientists claim the sun is millions of miles from the moon, yet both appear the same size in our sky.

Sounds like one big awesome lie, meant to later evolve our species when we are conditioned enough to accept the truth.

Yep, I'm going to agree with you. Even though there is some pretty solid physics behind those things you talk about, there is really no way for us to KNOW that it's true.

But the shape of the Earth is not on the same realm as those things you mention. It's a very simple, easy to prove (by many, many ways) fact.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by goh13

Oh, one last thing, why would anyone lie about the shape of Earth? What gain do they get? Answer this question in the bottom of your post so that you do not ignore my other points.

SOME of them are doing it because of boredom and they just want to argue and laugh about it, others are total idiots and don't know any better. The first group is tolerable, although frustrating since they feed into the second group and make them even dumber.

I think it's their way to be little rebels. The whole "look how cool I am I disbelieve everything that other people hold as true!"

Which sometimes is a healthy exercise. Challenging norms and exploring new ideas is absolutely a good idea.

But that does not extend to questioning the shape of the Earth, something you don't need to be told, something you can see for yourself in many ways.

But that's assuming these people actually want to THINK instead of just believing anything and everything as long as it's not an accepted idea, and then claiming other people are closed minded. Guess which applies to the majority of these people.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join