It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Ghost375

Are you a flat earther?

no, but I'm going to defend them until someone comes up with a logical/provable reason why the earth is spherical.
I don't like people mocking others because they have a different belief than they do.

P.S. I know exactly how they "proved" the Earth is round.
I can all but guarantee no one on this website will be able to do it.

The data used to "prove" the Earth is round, was first used to prove the Earth was flat!!!
You heard me right. The data(astronomical positions) that proves the Earth is round, can also show the Earth is flat.

because we have had manned (and unmanned) space flights that have taken pictures and video that show that it is, indeed, an oblate spheroid.

pics, it happened.

www.bing.com...

www.bing.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
OK

I've done some more research.

The Earth isn't a globe/sphere or flat. Well not really it's in the shape of a Taco shell [Crunchy not soft taco] that rotates on it's long axis. Think about it...

It has all the characteristics of both a sphere and being flat. It's while in 2 dimensions flat but 3 dimensional because of it's Taco Shell shape. The ocean falls off the upper level and falls back to Earth as rain on the lower part and if you were to fly from one location to the next you'll travel in the circular pattern as described earlier.

Now the moon is actually falafel shaped and.....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I thought the moon was a cheese wheel! Now this really is too much.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

OK..

Maybe my falafel shaped Moon theory needs some work.
Now I'm hungry..

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

lol

THEY'RE TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING

edit on 10-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
People are well within their right to mock these flat earth nut jobs. They are wrong, it's a fact, and it's been proven time and time again without any doubt whatsoever. To sit there and say "oh we shouldn't mock people because of their beliefs" is ridiculous. We should mock them when they are WRONG.

How about these as proof?

Satellites:

Not only am I talking about images of the Earth that show it's round, but also the fact that the satellites go AROUND the Earth, they orbit it, which is only possible with a round earth. How do I know for a FACT satellites exists? I've seen them with the naked eye wizzing past overhead. I've used GPS which relies on Satellites. Other technology that relies on Satellites. Such technology wouldn't work if satellites weren't up there.

The Moon:

The moon is round, the sun is round, we can see both, we know they are round. It's perfectly logical that the Earth is round too.

But aside from all these examples, and all of the other examples other people have brought up, here is one that proves without a doubt that the earth is a sphere:

The setting of the sun and moon.

Ever watch a sunset? The sun doesn't get smaller and smaller and then disappear, as it would if it was just getting so far away that we couldn't see it anymore (which is the only way for the sun to "set" with a flat Earth) It, in fact, sets, hides behind the "edge" of the Earth. We can easily see that the sun is still the same size, only half of it is visible, 1/4 is visible, etc.

But, if you are on the other side of the globe, the sun isn't setting, is rising! This is ONLY possible if the earth is a globe. Having the continents arranged in a circle would not produce this effect. Having the continents in a circle would not produce the effect of taking an Airplane and going in ANY direction and ending up back where you started.

This is complete, total nonsense, and these people are total idiots, along with anybody that supports them.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The interviews were great! Love this idea, right or wrong. It reminds me of the group who says that the universe revolves around the earth. Their book has some good points, but it loses me with the religious parts. Believe it or not, I've heard stranger things, and tonight got to see the largest shooting star I've ever seen (moments after having sex with my wife in our horse pasture
). What a beautiful and wondrous place we live in, amongst so many other beautiful and wondrous places. And, it's all a hologram projected from the event horizon of a black hole

Now that's the one that's got me...
edit on 9/11/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

It is not possible for one to reach the edge. The earth is an infinite plane.

As soon as I read that I could not contain my laughter anymore.

The part about NASA only needing rockets that traveled out of sight also made me giggle. I wonder if that person had ever seen a shuttle launch (and I don't mean on video), or been on an international flight, or any kind of flight for that matter, I've been on plenty and although you cannot see it TOO much, you can see a slight curvature if you stare at the horizon from an airliners cruising altitude.

And the guy about the wide angle lenses cracked me up. Obviously he has never used a wide angle lens in his life. The distortion from the kind of wide angle lens he thinks they are using on videos like the Red Bull one would be MUCH more apparent in the foreground of the shot, not just the horizon.

Ahhh people are so ridiculously funny sometimes...

(I think that even the scientists and Bible-thumpers can agree that the earth is round, as it mentions so a few times in the Bible. And people think that Religious-nuts are irrational. Ha!)
edit on 9/11/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Believer in the round world here. But just for discussions sake, if it were flat. How thick is it? Could we possibly drill through to the bottom side?? And surly people would have fallen off ( ok so they wouldnt be around to tell the rest of us) or gone close enough for a pic or 2 at least.

I assume in this "FLAT world" Australia would not really be the land down under !!!
interesting

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Hey here's some great proof from the flat earth society: www.earthnotaglobe.com...

I especially love page 7 where it basically states that flat earth is correct because God says so.

Really? Cause last time I read the bible it clearly stated that Earth was a sphere and is suspended upon nothing.

Whats also unbelievable is people that believe space isn't real either.
edit on 11-9-2012 by youdontknowme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Its amazing how dumbed down and downright STUPID our society has become. I'm not referring to the flat earth believers. I'm referring to the first few posts on this thread besides the OP's. How can you possibly be certain of anything (including the world being round), without experiencing it yourself, first hand? How?

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
OK

I've done some more research.

The Earth isn't a globe/sphere or flat. Well not really it's in the shape of a Taco shell [Crunchy not soft taco] that rotates on it's long axis. Think about it...

It has all the characteristics of both a sphere and being flat. It's while in 2 dimensions flat but 3 dimensional because of it's Taco Shell shape. The ocean falls off the upper level and falls back to Earth as rain on the lower part and if you were to fly from one location to the next you'll travel in the circular pattern as described earlier.

Awe common Slayer. I've respected you in the past. Mocking someones beliefs in not the way to go...especially on a forum such as this! Everyone has the right to their own theories.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Its amazing how dumbed down and downright STUPID our society has become. I'm not referring to the flat earth believers. I'm referring to the first few posts on this thread besides the OP's. How can you possibly be certain of anything (including the world being round), without experiencing it yourself, first hand? How?

Deny ignorance indeed.

Care to explain why I can stand at a port and watch a ship go out to sea and can gradually see the ship disappear bit by bit from the bottom up the last bit you will see is the funnel or radio mast etc.

Just to remind you

How can you possibly be certain of anything (including the world being round), without experiencing it yourself

Deny STUPIDITY!!!
edit on 11-9-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Awe common Slayer. I've respected you in the past.

Awe common Ryanssuperman I've respected you in the past too. I'd thought you'd read the whole thread and not just the first and last page

Mocking someones beliefs in not the way to go...especially on a forum such as this! Everyone has the right to their own theories.

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread880323/pg3#pid14943551]Linky here

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Believer in the round world here. But just for discussions sake, if it were flat. How thick is it?

It's almost as THICK as a flat earther

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Believer in the round world here. But just for discussions sake, if it were flat. How thick is it?

It's almost as THICK as a flat earther

Thanks

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I love how all the narrow minded gimps in this thread wont allow a discussion to take place without childish mocking. God forbid we get to discuss fringe topics here on ATS. We might as well go back to Facebook.

to the flat earthers. Believe what you want without abuse.
to the people here who posted constructive comments.
to everyone else.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
I love how all the narrow minded gimps in this thread wont allow a discussion to take place without childish mocking. God forbid we get to discuss fringe topics here on ATS. We might as well go back to Facebook.

to the flat earthers. Believe what you want without abuse.
to the people here who posted constructive comments.
to everyone else.

That's it support the dumbing down of education!!!!!

They are wrong and it can be proved, why let them continue to lead others along that path

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
People are well within their right to mock these flat earth nut jobs. They are wrong, it's a fact.

This is complete, total nonsense, and these people are total idiots, along with anybody that supports them.

So anybody who holds a different opinion other than you is a total idiot and a nut job? Dude you sound like total idiot.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Why let Christians continue to believe in the bible?
A: Because they can believe what they wish. By all mean's have your input, but at least put your adult hat on and have a real go, instead of personal insults.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join