It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is thinking of using EMP / nuclear weapons against Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Xcathdra

The Iranians have built and are running Tens of Thousands of Centrifuges. There is only ONE REASON that they would need this many Centrifuges as if they obeyed the NPT they can enrich Uranium or even BUY Uranium to run their Reactors. It is A HELL OF A OT MORE EXPENSIVE to build and run all these centrifuges than to simply buy Uranium Reactor Grade Fuel. And they certainly would not use this method for the creation of making Reactor Grade Fuel.

The ONLY REASON to do this is to secretly enrich enough uranium to Weapons Grade. The U.S. has ordered Israel that they are not to Bomb these sites as it would poison the whole area. This reality is more than enough proof to state that IRAN HAS AN ACTIVE PROGRAM TO DEVELOP A NUCLEAR WEAPON. Split Infinity

Nope, sorry, that is ZERO proof. It is an assumption, an accusation without any proof.

edit on 10-9-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Then explain any form of a line of logic as to why they would do this?
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by ALF88

Then explain any form of a line of logic as to why they would do this?
Split Infinity

Ask yourself, why are in some cases accusations based on speculation legit and in others not.

There are f.e. far more inconsistencies in regards to the official story of 9/11, than to the Zionist narrative of Iran developing nuclear weapons. Despite that fact the same individuals, who constantly push for an attack on Iran, because of imaginary nuclear weapons, reject any theory of 9/11 being an inside job.

P.S.: Iran can have as much centrifuges as they want as long as they only enrich Uranium to 19,75% and that is what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, you are not allowed to 'wipe a country off the map' but you are allowed to 'send a country back to the stone age'...if you're Israel of course.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I do enjoy the ridiculous poor defenseless Iran defenders.This country has been attacking Israel continuously for decades via their proxy armies Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in the Gaza firing missiles on a daily basis.Yet some think this is a country that DESERVES nuclear weopons?Please.....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, you are not allowed to 'wipe a country off the map' but you are allowed to 'send a country back to the stone age'...if you're Israel of course.

The problem is nobody in Iran ever said that. The threats from the Zionist regime on the other side are clear.

It is convenient to be able to constantly rely on the "I have to defend my self option" if someone starts to criticize you.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
I do enjoy the ridiculous poor defenseless Iran defenders.This country has been attacking Israel continuously for decades via their proxy armies Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in the Gaza firing missiles on a daily basis.Yet some think this is a country that DESERVES nuclear weopons?Please.....

Why didn't they accept the Hamas peace offer in 2008. Why didn't they accept peace and take East Jerusalem, when it was offered to them, as stated in the Palestine Papers.

I am sorry, but your beloved Zionist regime is not interested in peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
iran should defend themselves thats what they r doing

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You quite the crafty one, twisting the facts so that it serves your argument.

Just so i understand, you're claiming, the Israeli Goverment has all reason to believe, the Iranian Leadership is plotting to destroy the Jewish Nation, based on the remarks of Ahmadinedschad and the Ayatollah. And although it has been proven that these statments have been, at least, taken out of context, not to mention purposely misconstrued to justify Israels "right" of preemptive self-defence, you're saying, that because in the eyes of the Iranians the Israeli Goverment is not legitimate, their support of Hamas/ Hezbollah is further proof for their intentions to kill all jews.
Did i get you right? Do you still get dizzy from all this twisting?

Basically, you're saying, Iran uses Hamas/ Hezbollah as proxys to further their agenda (probably the annihilation of Israel). Ironic.

Mossad supports Hamas

Thanks to the Mossad, Israel's "Institute for Intelligence and Special Tasks", the Hamas was allowed to reinforce its presence in the occupied territories. Meanwhile, Arafat's Fatah Movement for National Liberation as well as the Palestinian Left were subjected to the most brutal form of repression and intimidation

The Hamas then launched a carefully timed campaign of attacks against civilians, one day before the meeting between Palestinian and Israeli negotiators, regarding the formal recognition of Israel by the National Palestinian Council. These events were largely instrumental in the formation of a Right wing Israeli government following the May 1996 elections.

Quite unexpectedly, Prime Minister Netanyahu ordered Sheik Ahmed Yassin to be released from prison ("on humanitarian grounds") where he was serving a life sentence. Meanwhile, Netanyahu, together with President Bill Clinton, was putting pressure on Arafat to control the Hamas. In fact, Netanyahu knew that he could rely, once more, on the Islamists to sabotage the Oslo accords. Worse still: after having expelled Yassin to Jordan, Prime Minister Netanyahu allowed him to return to Gaza, where he was welcomed triumphantly as a hero in October 1997.

The Hamas had built its strength through its various acts of sabotage of the peace process, in a way which was compatible with the interests of the Israeli government. In turn, the latter sought in a number of ways, to prevent the application of the Oslo accords. In other words, Hamas was fulfilling the functions for which it was originally created: to prevent the creation of a Palestinian State. And in this regard, Hamas and Ariel Sharon, see eye to eye; they are exactly on the same wave length.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend..."
Israel is not the victim here, in this dirty game all parties are guilty and have blood on their hands.

Actually no im not wrong.. The Israeli government has never confirmed nor denied the question. The source you provided relies on S. African sources, not ISrael government officals. So its ok to use speculation and 3rd 4th 5th 6th hand information towards Israel yet when its done to Iran those very sources are dismissed?

As for Israel and nuclear can you please provide a source that states for a fact Israel has nuclear weapons.

Which is it? Does it only constitute proof if the Israelian Goverment officially admits it. Or is verifiable information, that their possesion of secret Nuclear Weapons is not so secret anymore, enough for you?
If its the latter.

Global Research
In 2006, former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told Germany’s Sat. 1 channel:
“Iran, openly, explicitly and publicly, threatens to wipe Israel off the map. Can you say that this is the same level, when they are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel and Russia?”

Although

Later he denied what viewers clearly heard him say. Calls for him to step down followed. So did accusations of ineptitude for acknowledging Israeli nuclear weapons publicly.

Research SPIEGEL has conducted in Germany, Israel and the United States, among current and past government ministers, military officials, defense engineers and intelligence agents, no longer leaves any room for doubt: With the help of German maritime technology, Israel has managed to create for itself a floating nuclear weapon arsenal: submarines equipped with nuclear capability.

edit on 10-9-2012 by talklikeapirat because: ae

edit on 10-9-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
reply to post by ALF88

I was just reading that earlier, and was thinking of making a thread and bam here it is lol..

Um WTF are you talking about? Iran is the enemy and Israel has to do a preemptive strike before its to late.
did you forget good ole ahmadinajad once to wipe em off the map, did you forget the radical islams and his regime want to destroy the world and convert everyone to islam

Ok let me put it this way: I think Israel is choosing the humane approach. Instead of senseless killing they can solve there problems with a simple emp. Sounds like a win to me.

Where's the proof that ahmadinajad said he wants to wipe them off the map? Oh yeah that's right, there is none.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm no lover of Ahmadinejad and the current Iranian regime.

And whilst I believe that Iran has every right to develop a nuclear power programme I do have real concerns about their intentions to develop a nuclear weapons programme.

Despite what many of the apologists may have us believe Iran has long been a sponsor of various terrorist groups and cells who have attacked various 'Western' targets as well as Israel and at times it's citizens.

I really don't want to get too much into the whole Arab / Israeli thing here, that belongs in another thread all of it's own.

But all things considered I find the idea of Ahmadinejad and the Mullah's having nuclear weapon capability quite disconcerting and worrisome.

However, I could never support the use of nuclear weapons, of any kind, to stop Iran developing nuclear weapons.
Not only is that the irony or all ironies it is also a response far in excess of the danger at present.
Every effort should be made to seek a diplomatic solution to this problem prior to any consideration of even conventional military intervention let alone the deployment of any sort of nuclear weapons.

If Israel takes this course of action at any time in the near future etc then, and I never thought I would ever say something like this, Israel would deserve whatever retribution it received in response.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.google.com... &ei=k-VNULyHIITk8gT5k4CAAg&usg=AFQjCNEYZsNUwJZVXTpxh_9FB_GgCl2GBA

I suspect that nearly every world power has addressed this threat, it's a well known property of atomic explosions. It has been explored into at great length.
As it is apparent, Iran has nuclear aspirations. They have SAID so, they have constructed facilities to do so, deep and shielded if you consider several hundreds of feet underground installations not just construction mistake. The depths are intentional, the construction done with the intention of prevailing against attack. Every country likely has the same type of secure measures in place.
An 'EMP' attack would surely damage surface electronic components, but even those can and likely are defended in some manner, some as simple as unplugging everything, and as complex as shielding everything in steel buildings.
Ten years ago, this would have been a fearful thing for any 'defender', but the knowledge of how to get around EMP attacks is now well known. Sure Iran could loose a lot of surface electronic devices, even some critically needed infrastructure like hospitals and energy generation facilities, but......... BUT the alternative to being destroyed by the blunt force of an atomic weapon proper where the surface is decimated....... sounds infinitely more preferable on all fronts than total population and area destruction.
It's nobody's choice but Iran's if they continue to pursue their nuclear ambitions. AND it's a little more than 'speculation' whom they would consider using them on....... ISRAEL OF COURSE.
To defend and claim otherwise would be folly. I would choose crippling Iran to destroying Iran, I do see the conflict of Governments at play here, we do have a bone to pick, our embassy hostages during the Carter admin. and their threats publicly on the world stage to Israel which we consider an Ally. Total destruction verses a major inconvenience............... I'll choose the lesser of two catastrophe's. Simply disabling Iran doesn't stop there...... there are other world players involved here. Russia and China oppose us interfering. And I believe Obama is hesitant to side with Israel at the moment...... remember his open-mike comment for Putin recently... !! "give me some time, I'll be in a better position after the elections"

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
www.google.com... &ei=k-VNULyHIITk8gT5k4CAAg&usg=AFQjCNEYZsNUwJZVXTpxh_9FB_GgCl2GBA

Thanks for the link, very interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

No it hasn't been attacking Israel. If you want to cry about Hamas and Hezbollah then complain about the people that created them and guess who that was? Israel they are responsible for the creation of both of these groups. If Iran wants to help groups that are fighting against invaders of their lands who are we to complain America does it all the time. And seeing how Iran hasn't started a war in 300 years I would trust them with nukes before I would trust Israel who has made a nuclear threat against the world and has done nothing but start wars since their creation. Also let's see some proof in the form of pics of these daily missile launches against Israel they are always crying this but never provide proof.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Maybe you're getting sloppy, i've seen better from you.

IAEA reports coupled with Iran's continual refusal to abide by the treaty. Secondly Iran suspended its nuclear weapons program back in 2003 according to numerous intelligence sources, including the US.

Suspended is the key word here..

In your own source, after the "damning evidence" you were highlighting, you must have missed...

Despite suspending its enrichment and conversion programs in 2003, Iran resumed uranium conversion in 2005 and enrichment in 2006. In 2009, it was revealed that Iran had secretly constructed a second enrichment facility within a Revolutionary Guards military base twenty miles from the city of Qum. The enrichment facility near Qum is smaller than the Natanz enrichment facility. The smaller size of the Qum enrichment facility combined with its location within a military base suggests to some that this second enrichment plant is not for enriching uranium required for generating civil nuclear power. Iran maintains that the facility is necessary for enriching uranium for its research reactor and it was built due to worries that the Natanz facility is vulnerable to attack. One study notes that the Qum enrichment facility is potentially too small to be an effective enrichment plant for weapons grade material. In the study’s conclusion, the authors note that the Qum enrichment facility is “neither ideal for commercial nor military purposes.”

FAS-Nuclear Weapons-Iran

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm sick of hearing Israel play the victim card. I understand thinking someone is going to hit you so you hit them first. However I'm pretty sure it's still called assault unless you were actually hit first correct? Usually, to the best of my knowledge, you have to be able to prove someone is going to do you harm before you can just preemptively hit them and get away with it. So where is Israel's proof?

I've heard at least 1 person in this thread so far say "Prove they aren't building nukes". Um...I'm pretty sure you can't prove a negative. I mean I can't prove elephants are purple when all I have for a sample is regular grey elephants.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
Where's the proof that ahmadinajad said he wants to wipe them off the map? Oh yeah that's right, there is none.

You guys either dont understand or you guys are intentionally ignoring the meaning of the term Zionst Regime.

The term "Zionist regime" has been in use by arab governments for the better part of 3 decades. They use that term instead of Israel because if they used Israel they would be acknowledging Israels existence. They would be stating in an offical capacity that Israel exists as a sovereign country.

When Iranian leadership states the "Zionist regime" will be detroyed / cut out like a cancer / wiped of the map they are referring to Israel. When ahmadenijad was asked about his comment back in 2005 he stated he never said wipe Israel off the map.

Playing the semantics game Ahmadenijad can argue he never said Israel. He can do this because in his eyes you cant destroy something that is non existent.

Zionist regime is nothing more than a term for Israel.

Wiki - Foreign relations of Israel

While Iran was the first Muslim-majority country to recognize Israel,[49] the two states do not currently have diplomatic relations with each other, due to Iran's withdrawal of its recognition of Israel. The post-1979 Iranian authorities avoid referring to Israel by its name, and instead use the terms "the Zionist regime" or "occupied Palestine".

Wiki - Zionist entity

Meaning and intent

The term is described as a means of expressing hostility towards Israel,[1] refusing to recognize it as a sovereign state,[1][3][5][7][9][15][16] and denying its legitimacy or right to exist.[2][10][17][18][19][20] Virginia Q. Tilley argues that the term implies condemnation of the idea of a Jewish state, but not necessarily of a Jewish presence.[21] Matthew Gray writes that the term denies Israel the status of a "state", and emphasizes Israel's Zionist philosophy. Its use by Arab state media and leaders, even though other terms are equally "politically useful", "reinforces the state's anti-Israel posture and the perception of Israel as a sinister threat".[6] Describing it as "derogatory, indirect language", Darrell Jodock states its intent is to "deny Israel any place in the family of nations".[22] Referring to it as a "common epithet", Eric Sundquist indicates that it "echoed the Arab view, repeated in the core doctrine of the PLO, that Israel was no state at all but an illegal colonialist excrescence".[13]

Zionist regime = The country of Israel.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

I didnt miss it.. It does not matter how big the facility is. Iran is required to notify the IAEA prior to building facilities related to their nuclear program.

Iran never disclosed the enrichment facility at the Parchin site, a violation of IAEA / NPT treaties. ALL aspects of a civilian nuclear program must be disclosed. Secondly the facility is on a military installation, another violation.

To bring it back around to the topic matter so we dont get to far off course I seriously doubt that would occur. Secondly there is no proof Israel has nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

US, UK, Israel, even Canada's getting in on the act.

The new "Axis of Evil".

How to stop them? Once these governments finally collapse under their debt burdens, maybe then they'll start to focus on themselves?

Though this does serve as a great distraction.

edit on 10-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Allowing Israel to EMP Iran back to the stone age would be the same end result as allowing them to Nuke them.

The end result would be death. Just cutting someones power supply doesn't just grind them to a halt. It takes their delivery of medications, fresh running water, as well as food supplies would dwindle quickly, and chaos on each individual personal levels would ensue.
They might not kill anyone on the first day but a few months later the death toll would be unimaginable.

Does the Iranian people deserve this because of their leadership?

If Israel where allowed to use an EMP who would be the real wicked ones?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join