It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is thinking of using EMP / nuclear weapons against Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Whether Ahmadinejad once threatened to 'wipe Israel off the face of the earth' or not is pretty much irrelevant.

If every time a politician threatened another nation with one form of an attack or another was used as vindication for war well I very much doubt that any European nation or the USA etc would ever have been at peace - and the same could probably be said of almost every other country in the world.

And quite frankly to threaten to send a country 'back to the stone age' in response is possibly the most hypocritical approach I've ever heard.

As I have said previously - I have absolutely no love whatsoever for the current Iranian regime and I have no desire at all to see them gain nuclear weapon capability but come on people, did we learn nothing from the lies and deceit of Bush and Blair?

I am not that naive as to not understand that sometimes military intervention is simply the only or best course of action but I think we are a long way away from that at present.
Neither am I that ignorant that I don't recognise that Iran has funded, enabled and even directed the terrorist activities of various groups.
And I'm not that arrogant to think that I have any answers to this problem - but I do know that nuking the crap out of Iran or completely destroying it's infrastructure is not the answer.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A lesson from Zionism 101:

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

i agre 100%....what i've been trying to say in my posts is that people who say that Iranian leaders have not threatened the very existence of Israel are either biased, or ignoant....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wonder if the new moon on the 16th of this month would be a likely date for an Israeli strike?

www.timeanddate.com...

Sep 16, 2012 6:58 AM 7:04 PM 1:05 PM 50.3° 370,353 0.2% New Moon at 6:41 AM

The next opportunity would be the middle of October.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been thrown into the mix but here goes......
Thr Isrealis have some kind of CARBON FIBER BOMB.....
It was mentioned in some article i read about the strike....
This BOMB shoot carbon fibers all over the place shorting out any electrical facility they strike....
I am not sure if they actually need an EMP weapon.....if these are efficent as claimed...
Secondly, the Iranian main reactor is far closer to 6 other gulf capital cites than it is to Teheran.....
Ive said it before and once more time kids...
BOOTS ON THE GROUND>>>>>NO OTHER WAY.......
Just watch........................s.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
reply to post by bjarneorn

Thinking the idea, to explode a nuclear bomb over a sovereign country to destroy its infrastructure and believing there wont be severe consequences, is nuts, is now nuts? Interesting.

But as we've learned, Israel has no nukes it could use, so only your other two options are left.

So, allegedly Israel is thinking of detonating an EMP weapon over Iran?.. There are other countries in close proximity to Iran, won't the pulse knock US allies such as Turkey into "the Stone Age" as well? I guess we'll be forced to go to war with Israel in order to fulfill our NATO treaty obligations with Turkey...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was thinking the same - carbon graphite smart bombs knocked out half of Serbia's electricity in 1990 and I believe killed very few lives. The graphite makes a mess of the power stations.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Why did Isreal want to let Iran know of their "surprise?".

US may have EMP bombs but if isreal has these, why are they telling Iran about their power?.

I wonder if this is simply a veiled threat to Iran that they are prepared to use nuclear weapons - and also to warm their own people up to the idea that nuclear weapons could be used. A similar idea on the battlefield called "tactical nuclear" weapons was vogue - to think that there were circumstances when the nuclear missile could be used without mutual destruction. Fortunately the idea was never tested.

The more I write the more I think- BLUFF - if you really have a non nuclear tool like this, why would you tell a newspaper about it

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Don't you think they already have some nukes - bought from some other sources?
There should be very reliable intelligence before heavy weapons are used and wars started possibly involving whole continents.
Besides, Israeli tech is tops. Are you sure they cannot catch a nuke rocket as it is being launched or afterwards? If I were Israeli, I would try to develop that side. Is there anybody here who has that kind of knowledge about modern weaponry?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Dear Kokatsi,

Thanks for the response. You've asked really hard questions. (That only means I don't have the answers for them.) But let's see what I can come up with.

Don't you think they already have some nukes - bought from some other sources?
Full weapons systems? Missiles and everything? I'm guessing they don't, but a guess is all it is. Here's why I think that way. Let's assume Iran is seeking such weapons. Why are they? If it's to show the world that they can't be messed with, I would think they'd announce that the instant they had them. If it's to destroy Israel, I'd think they'd do it now, before there was a chance they were attacked first. But all this, again, is just my guess.

There should be very reliable intelligence before heavy weapons are used and wars started possibly involving whole continents.
I agree completely, but there are two problems. One, "Very reliable." What does that mean? The press tells us (if you believe them) that the Bin Laden raid was launched with less than a 60% chance he was there. Two, intelligence on a top secret operation, in a country with a security force all over, is tough to get on the ground. You have to rely on imaging and intercepts, and sensors.

Besides, Israeli tech is tops. Are you sure they cannot catch a nuke rocket as it is being launched or afterwards?
Respectfully, I think that's the wrong question. The question should be "Is Israel sure they can catch a rocket?" Unfortunately the answer is no, they can't be sure. I could be wildly wrong, but I thought their success ration currently was 6 or 7 out of 10. If we're talking about nukes, I don't like those odds.

Is there anybody here who has that kind of knowledge about modern weaponry?
Depends on what you're looking for. You get into classified territory pretty quickly in that field.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
How reliable is this news?

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but would it not be dangerous for EVERYONE in the region if an EMP strike happened there, especially because of nuclear facilities??? Don't nuclear facilities NEED electricity to keep running and keep radiation contained?

Please excuse my naivité, I admit I am very ignorant of the full situation, I don't know what it is Iran has exactly, and welcome correction and education on the matter. But this just sounds like
a very bad idea......

edit on 10-9-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

You're not a naive as you may think, most people wouldn't even know the effects of electromagnetic pulse. Without looking anything up I can say yes, out to some degree from ground zero the EMP , or a HEMP in this case, could disable most unprotected electronics by causing a power surge via the magnetic field, including those keeping people alive on life support, aircraft in the sky, and so on. Nuclear facilites will most likely be 'shielded' or have generator backup systems, or manual pumps I would imagine, to keep radiation rods cool if they are not damaged... depends on if they dished out the expense for that preparation.
So, yes, a very bad idea.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is all BS to scare the Iranians and the Americans..
If you don't help us get these nasty Iranians we will use an EMP pulse.

Hogwash from Ben the Nazi

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
..people with a bit of working brain in the head know what is the f#####g problem here, illegal state of Izrahell on Palestinian land... just cos they owned almost all U believe in, they can do and say things.... F### us.
is there way to fight this nonsense? no! there have to be WW3, U all know that...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
..people with a bit of working brain in the head know what is the f#####g problem here, illegal state of Izrahell on Palestinian land... just cos they owned almost all U believe in, they can do and say things.... F### us.
is there way to fight this nonsense? no! there have to be WW3, U all know that...

I hate to sound liek a broken record but "palestinians" under the Roman term meant everyone in the nation that USED TO BE JUDEA was Palestinianian in the eyes of Rome. The romans loved combining peoples and cultures like that. SO actually going by the ones who slapped the name palestine on Judea as a punishment the jews there have a rightful claim as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

Somebody has to stop these Zionist nutjobs Netanjahu and Barak.

The ultimate ATS OP paradox ...

It's unlawful on ATS to post an article without your OWN personal opinion, or a "What do you guys think" at the very least ...

I mean, even if you wanted to keep your one sided political views to yourself, you're forced to write SOMETHING right?...

Of course, you could have restrained from such a sweeping comment and spared us all your propaganda with a "What do you guys think?", or a "Looks like things are heating up", but i just don't think you have it in you ...

You can always use "ATS made me do it" as an excuse ...
edit on 10-9-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Ben the Nazi

Nazi jews?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

I found this bit of information about how wide of an area an EMP nuclear weapon can affect.

The pulse can easily span continent-sized areas, and this radiation can affect systems on land, sea, and air. The first recorded EMP incident accompanied a high-altitude nuclear test over the South Pacific and resulted in power system failures as far away as Hawaii. A large device detonated at 400�500 km over Kansas would affect all of CONUS. The signal from such an event extends to the visual horizon as seen from the burst point.

I would think if they used such a weapon, they would be affecting more than just the country of Iran. It could backfire and Israel may end up having to defend itself from neighboring countries.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The premise of this thread is Irans "WMD". Which they don't have yet? Which they might have? Which they might get? Which is why we need to kill them all first?

Unbelievable. I couldn't read past page one, sorry. The same old line keeps working its way thru our brains like worms. The excuse that launched a thousand ships and any number of invasions of other countries. We still buy it.

Instead of USA, USA, USA we should be chanting:

WMD, WMD, WMD.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
reply to post by ALF88

did you forget good ole ahmadinajad once to wipe em off the map,
to me.

How many God damn times do you pin heads need to be bloody reminded that HE NEVER SAID IT. Prior to posting attempt to get your head out of your .... !

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by ALF88

I found this bit of information about how wide of an area an EMP nuclear weapon can affect.

The pulse can easily span continent-sized areas, and this radiation can affect systems on land, sea, and air. The first recorded EMP incident accompanied a high-altitude nuclear test over the South Pacific and resulted in power system failures as far away as Hawaii. A large device detonated at 400�500 km over Kansas would affect all of CONUS. The signal from such an event extends to the visual horizon as seen from the burst point.

I would think if they used such a weapon, they would be affecting more than just the country of Iran. It could backfire and Israel may end up having to defend itself from neighboring countries.

Yah. besides that everyone within thousands of miles would see the burst and all their electronics would wink off too, you would have certain fallout isotopes that leave a fingerprint pointing directly at the perp. Any nation that uses nukes nowadays is hoping for trouble. Every single isotope, reactor fuel or bomb material is fingerprinted at the date of manufacture. Unless you plan on destroying the whole world anyway, the fallout signature from any, and I mean ANY dirty bomb, fission device or secret poisoning of wells with medical waste will lead right back to the owner like DNA.

This test in the upper reaches of the atmosphere destroyed electronics within "line of sight" from horizon to horizon.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join