It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think Obama's a Muslim? Then you're too stupid to vote

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

But if Republicans want me to produce a photo ID to prove I’m the same person who’s been voting for four decades, then Democrats have the right to demand some basic level of intelligence from the other side.

That is according to Paul Whitefield of the LA times...

First let me say I am not Voting for either Candidate, I just wont contribute to either of those two being president by giving my consent at the Ballot box.

I also understand the arguments against Voter ID, but to respond in this manner?

It just shows EVERYTHING that is wrong in American Politics.

The polarization of the Two sides, and the death of all compromise...

I would say instead of writing this piece the man would of been better served coming up with Solutions to the Voter fraud problems, Alternatives to the ID act...

But nope I guess in Politics and the Media is easier to just call the other side stupid, or at least a subset of them so.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
couldn't get the link to work

Think Obama's a Muslim, then your too stupid to vote.
edit on 27-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
files.meetup.com...

I'd read this PDF that states and gives detailed explanations, you want change nobody vote. don't worry no download needed
edit on 27-7-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

The PDF is about the 14th amendment section 2
edit on 27-7-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Coming from the LIBERAL LA TIMES, gives your piece real authority for sure!

Obama is NOT a Christian.

He is a Muslim. Just like his Father. Just like his Grandfather.

Now, if you are too dumb to connect the dots, then I feel sorry that you will let your vote go to waste while you stomp your feet in protest.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well he could be any thing. Hes a man of many coats. His mother was a jew. His dad or at least one of them, was a muslim. He could even be a white man and he could be a black man. He could be a man of peace or a man of war. Guess we shall never know what he is until its to late. Releasing all his documents is the only way to be sure. But thats another story.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying I am voting for Obama. That said, I think voter ID is a good thing, my only problem, well two problems are as follows:

1) They only started submitting this stuff in state houses earlier this year. A little too close for comfort, if you ask me. That makes it look obviously partisan. If they had passed it this year but said it doesn't take effect until the 2013 election, I don't think there would have been any of these law suits, plus it gives people more than ample time to get the ID. On that note:

2) Forcing someone to PAY for an ID so they can vote is a poll tax. If you are going to give the ID away free, fine. Just because, say you and I can afford to get an ID, doesn't mean everyone can.

Again, I would have zero problems with this, if it wasn't happening in states whose state government was Red, but the state went blue in the pres election. It just makes it too obviously partisan. I mean, even the state legislators know this is a partisan trick to help win the election. The guy I think Mike Taurezzi(sp?) in PA said as much.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
To that I say......

Think Obama should be president??? Your too stupid to vote...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I thought he was a Marxist............LOL

Seriously though If you believe Barack Hussein Obama II to be a muslim, then yes, you truly are too stupid to vote, how you hold down a job I dont know.

As much as I hate him as president of the U.S I hate all the utter drivel thats spouted against him by his detractors even more.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Coming from the LIBERAL LA TIMES, gives your piece real authority for sure!

Now, if you are too dumb to connect the dots, then I feel sorry that you will let your vote go to waste while you stomp your feet in protest.

Prove he's a Muslim. No Muslim will spend as many years as he did going to a Christian church. His father was an atheist his grandfather converted to Islam but never passed the religion down.

Next time do a little research before trying to insult someone. Oh his name sounds Muslim so he must be Muslim now that's stupid.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Are you saying people can't accept Jesus Christ as their savoir if their parents were members of other religions? Is there some new requirement in conservative Christian churches that requires one to be born into a Christian family to be a Christian? That all the converts to Christianity are not real Christians?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh for crying out loud...

Im referring to the pieces derisive attitude it takes to anyone who holds a differing opinion...

You know calling someone stupid for thinking differently than you do, which is what the LA times is doing.

But again I guess ATS falls to the same traps the Media does.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Claiming to follow a different god goes against Islam, that in itself technically makes him not a muslim.

Secondly, you have zero proof.

Lastly, let's pretend he is. Who cares? I would have no problem with a muslim president.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Devil's Advocate here. Actions speak louder than words.

Obama Marks Ramadan: Islam is part of the fabric of our nation"

Obama Honors Muslim Holiday

Obama forgoes Easter greeting, but celebrates Muslim holidays

You do know Muslims have been part of this country for a long time right? Go to the supreme court building sometime. Where there is a statue of Mohammad. And in case you didn't know America is a nation of many faiths.

link   
The title of this thread should be:

I don't know if Obama is a Christian or muslim and I'm to stupid to know the difference

edit on 27-7-2012 by ccsct203 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm so stupid... I’m writing in Barry Soetoro. Deerrrr...
edit on 27-7-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Claiming to follow a different god goes against Islam, that in itself technically makes him not a muslim.

wrong... there is a Belief that states a Muslim can Lie about their belief if it constitutes a threat to one self.

here is part of A discussion I had with a fellow member on ATS who is Muslim, I will post from that thread to show you.

NOW im not saying Obama is a Muslim, just that your comment is incorrect.

Originally posted by benrl

Also there is the whole belief called Taqiyya, which basically says a Muslim can lie to any non-mulim about his beliefs in order to protect the faith.

But that's not what Taqiyya is precisely. Taqiyya is telling people you are not a Muslim if your life/livelihood would be in danger as a result. It does not mean saying you aren't a Muslim or deceiving people in order to kill them (like people like Lonewolf love to falsely claim it is). I'll be the first to admit though that it's not just Islamophobic Westerners who misuse the term "taqiyya." The blame also lies with extremists who use Islam to justify their violence. They misuse the term in order to mislead impressionable youths and to further their cause.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

The title of this thread should be: I don't know if Obama is a Christian or muslim and I'm to stupid to know the difference

The title of the thread should be "ATS members miss the point, and fall into the same media trap of this listed article..."

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Thomas Jefferson owned and read the Koran. He also observed Ramadan during his first year in office.

By your logic Thomas Jefferson was a Muslim.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Im not sure if people being too stupid to vote is particularly left/right issue[sort off].

I personaly care not one wit about either party, however I do sincerely believe that the uninformed, ignorant or just plain stupid people should in no way be allowed to endanger society by having the right to vote. But they do have a right to vote, hence we have a two party "democracy" because basicaly people are just to ******* dumb to understand whats actualy going on.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join