It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Judgement is being confused here with rebuke. I will never judge you but I will scrutinize what you say and use the word to discern whether it is truthful or not.

Call it what you may.... I will respectfully disagree though. Ive read this entire thread. Lol

Im no better than you, I do it too. Its hard to be loving all the time and not judge another for their opinion or interpretation of the Word.

Someone may be totally naive sounding to me, but who am I to judge. Im definitely not going to say to them " I care so believe like me". But... Thats me. Everyone is not me.

I have been told numerous times " i care about where you are going in the after life". When all the while I have in fact said the same thing as they, only using different words or views on the translation and interpretation. Even then, they are still trying to " save" me. Lol

Its comical really!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Gods word has been tampered with my friend because control, greed, and the like rule this Planet. Look around at the world today. Its insanely chaotic!

I see what's going on around me. This is why I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would think that reincarnation somehow is advancing humanity in order to make it a better world.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

And yet, with all the saving you are doing for me... Its appreciated and respected, however my interpretation is different. Do you want me to create a thread and show you there are Many ways of interpretation wtih what you have just presented?

I can give you mine alone or you can see the many that do not think like you... Or me.... Or anyone else in this thread. Why is that? Are there only a select few who think like you that will be offered eternal bliss?

My thinking is not of this world. :-)

I love God, love Jesus, and all the ones who showed us how to truly love another. I can find love in the heathern as well. Its up to each individual to decipher.... And I take full responsibility when I do so. I ask and I reveive.

I have a relationship with God... A personal one just as each person here.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by MamaJ

Gods word has been tampered with my friend because control, greed, and the like rule this Planet. Look around at the world today. Its insanely chaotic!

I see what's going on around me. This is why I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would think that reincarnation somehow is advancing humanity in order to make it a better world.

If people stopped fighting about their way only being THE WAY in regards to anything amd everything including religion we would have a more peaceful world!

Loving one another as thy self has fallen to the waist side. Where is the love? Its being twisted with fear. Love will conquer over fear in the end... Or so I think.

Reincarnation may not be working... Lol... Look at me in this thread ... Lovers of Christ ( just like me) will reject the love from people like myself.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

All true. John 2:23-25 outlines the fact that Jesus does not need our testimony. Our hearts reveal the truth of the matter. As you say, there is no need to judge another, just speak the truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

My thinking is not of this world. :-)

I love God, love Jesus, and all the ones who showed us how to truly love another. I can find love in the heathern as well. Its up to each individual to decipher.... And I take full responsibility when I do so. I ask and I reveive.

I have a relationship with God... A personal one just as each person here.

Wonderfully put! Your posts often touch me deeply. Is there any wonder that love is the driving force of the true Christian? We truly are known by our fruit...

I wrote a poem many years ago that I would like to share with you that sums up what you posted here (I think)...

"Something"

In every eye I see the hint
Of something deep within
Something grander than the guise
The truth is hidden in
Undermined by ego
Yet this Something cannot fall
Nor can the eye but help reveal
This Something in us all

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

So basically you come to ATS to LARP. Manipulate conversations, pit people against each other, sit back and watch the show.

Nothing of the sort. If I want to have a conversation with someone, what can't I pose my OP as a question instead of giving answers.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Where is love not in the Bible?

If you do a keyword search on "love one another" in the Bible, you'll see that all of them are in the New Testament and the New Testament was written by believers for other believers. The writers of the New Testament were addressing the Church (i.e. other believers).

Here is just some of what I think Im trying to say to you, maybe you will understand it better when using scripture, for you think Im cherry picking to fit my heart... But God leads me from my heart and this I know.

Romans 13:8-10
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

I choose to live by the law of love, whereas everything else falls into place when having an intent of love on my heart with what I say and do. Even my thoughts... I try hard to control with an intent of love.

Yes, loving one another was fulfilling the law, but it by no means was the entire law.

ful·fill/fo͝olˈfil/ Verb:

Bring to completion or reality; achieve or realize (something desired, promised, or predicted).

Gain happiness or satisfaction by fully developing one's abilities or character.

Love is the icing on the cake, but it isn't complete until you bake the cake first.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by jhill76

If man was created perfect, he would have never gave in.

were the angels created perfect?

No, they had more more leeway in the beginning than they do now, thus why we have the fall.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

It is cherry picking, people only want to hear the things they agree with and refuse to believe what is plainly stated. I am not judging you for that is not my place but I do care about you and think that people should avoid their own conjectures and rely instead on the word of God.

You still have not provided scripture that refutes my OP. No one still has. I am not asking about believing in Jesus, as you see many say they do in this thread, I am asking can you simply believe in his message and get into heaven, without the extra stuff Christianity requires you to do?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

That's good quotes, but it still does not say you must be a Christian and do the extra items Christianity requires you to do, to get you into heaven.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Reincarnation may not be working... Lol... Look at me in this thread ... Lovers of Christ ( just like me) will reject the love from people like myself.

I don't see anyone rejecting anyone.

Do you think that if my husband or child told me something that I didn't believe to be true that I would reject either one of them? I might reject their message, but that in no way implies that I reject them.

Nope.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Do you know how all this literature was passed down to become the Bible?

The writes of the Bible, didn't even know they were writing the bible, but thought they were writing letters, or recording what took place just for some. If they knew it was going to be used widely around the world, I think they would have checked heavily what they were writing.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by MamaJ

All true. John 2:23-25 outlines the fact that Jesus does not need our testimony. Our hearts reveal the truth of the matter. As you say, there is no need to judge another, just speak the truth.

Absolutely!

Regardless of any message out there, each person's spirit will hear the message that it was meant to hear and receive.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Good to see that you haven't left us. You certainly add to my understanding of things. There are many here who do.

(On topic)

Personally, I have seen two ways mentioned in the Bible. My understanding may be limited however..
There is the acceptance of Christ as your saviour, and
There is the living by the law; which has pretty much been described as impossible.

I have chosen Christ, who was sacrificed for me (and everyone else). Surely I have not followed the law by the letter, nor could I. If there is another way, I'm truly not interested in changing now; nor would I teach others that.

That's just me...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by stupid girl

So basically you come to ATS to LARP. Manipulate conversations, pit people against each other, sit back and watch the show.

Nothing of the sort. If I want to have a conversation with someone, what can't I pose my OP as a question instead of giving answers.

I'm not saying you can't.
I'm not the ATS police.

I'm also not the only individual who seems vexed by your approach at instigating conversation.

Perhaps, and this is only a suggestion, you could expound somewhat on your perspective when setting forth ideas for debate?

Instead of playing ignorant and spending half your thread explaining yourself.
Just a thought......

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That's good quotes, but it still does not say you must be a Christian and do the extra items Christianity requires you to do, to get you into heaven.

Actually, I think it does.

If you think otherwise, please point out using scripture.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

There is the living by the law; which has pretty much been described as impossible.

This is what others will tell you is impossible, but it is not. Father said there was none righteous no not no one. Man can overcome, he just chooses not to. If man did, Brother wouldn't have had to come down.
edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Actually, all it says is believing in him (his message that he gave forth), that's it. Jesus didn't say you have to attend church, get baptized, engage in communion, or any of the sort. But, you just say yes he did?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Do you know how all this literature was passed down to become the Bible?

The writes of the Bible, didn't even know they were writing the bible, but thought they were writing letters, or recording what took place just for some. If they knew it was going to be used widely around the world, I think they would have checked heavily what they were writing.

Wait.....what??

Are you talking about the NT or the whole she-bang?

Not that it really matters, because everyone who penned the Gospels knew there would be a mother-lode of people reading it.
And everyone who penned the OT was a prophet in one way or the other.

I'm sorry Mr. From Above, that is an EPIC FAIL.
You might want to consult Father on that the next time you trip the light fantastic and take a ride up there.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join