It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What may be the world's first cybernetic hate crime unfolds in French McDonald's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

With more physical enhacement technology on the way, and biogenic entites of human,/ machine mixture will become far more prevalent in the mainstrem
Will there be a huge backlash from NON ENHANCED people???I rather think so.....................
This is just the tip of an iceberg which is yet to form in the ocean of humanity.
The nano/Bio revolutions are in ful swing...Technoogy is getting smaller, more efficient, and developing new ways of providiing us with super powers of differing natures.....
Those with lost limbs have been gatting them back..even to mental control of the bio mechnaical apparatus...
We have things like xray vision now....we have nealy created the basis for a trend towards human enhancement through technology....
How will the CYBORGS be accepted anywhere in the world?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Originally posted by Gauss
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

You'd "assault his ass too", huh?

I guess you're the kind of person who hit first and ask questions when everybody's unconscious.

Nobody got made unconscious. Dont be a drama queen you sound like like him now jumping it all up.

You cant walk into other peoples cultures and expect to do what you want.

If he wanted to go in there and film people he should have had the common courtesy to ask permission first. He does not need them for any medical reason he is performing an experiment. They probably asked him to turn it of and leave, i then bet he refused, and when he refused they walked him out the door. He is drumming this up for damages.

You don’t want big brother filming you but you are happy for an individual to do it even though those same devices will one day be accessible to big brother. Can you not see the irony in this??? You cant have it both ways.

WAKE UP OUR PRIVACY IS A STAKE HERE

Now who's being a drama queen..

Tell me, how is this any different than someone with an android or iphone? Those little pieces of tech happen to have nice cameras on them... they do images and video with sound..

This is simply a case of people attacking something they do not understand, with a device that does not violate company policy..

I also noticed that you posted you would assault him yourself.. In our culture we do not condone assault and battery. I'd venture to guess it doesn't fly in the UK either, and it certainly would not be a stretch to assume it doesn't fly in France either.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

You dont have right to privacy in public. Anyone can film as much as their heart desires. Basic photographers rights.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Its only a hate crime if the suspect matches these 3 specifications.
1: White
2: Male
3: American

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hate crime.... hahaha.... what a way to spin it!

No I didn't read the whole thread, I apologize. I am sure it has all been covered.
I wanna have my say anyway.

Obviously the people took it as a camera, that could record images, and in France people are EXTREMELY concerned about their image being taken or used by strangers.

They didn't know it was attached to his head, they probably couldn't understand a thing he was saying or showing to them, hate had nothing to do with it. The irony is that in fear of having their faces recorded and used against them, they brought exactly that upon themselves (fear has that effect of attracting it's subject..)

But anyway..... is that you in the avatar OP?
Damn you're hot.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I'm not interested in the whole Drama Queen argument taking place but the following quote from your post scares me and further depicts how your privacy is eroded without you even being aware of it;

Tell me, how is this any different than someone with an android or iphone? Those little pieces of tech happen to have nice cameras on them... they do images and video with sound.. This is simply a case of people attacking something they do not understand, with a device that does not violate company policy..

You may want to read the following article to truly appreciate how technology is in actuality invading your privacy without your knowledge, smartphones included;

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Crakeur

HAHA I hadn't even thought about that....

Well I would too just because its France....they really are scum bags to foreigners....I don't like them too much. Bad times.

But secretly I love their food.....not more than Italy though

edit on 17-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

Foriegners are really scumbags in France- they just don't know it.

Like they sit in a restaurant and wave bills of money in the air- that is the equivalent of going into an american restaurant and standing up and waving your genitals around (and expecting everyone to smile and treat you nicely!
)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Why does a grown man need a doctor's note for anything? That makes no sense whatsoever.....

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Sigh.

Some people want to change and some don't.

The technology is like a tsunami...

That never stops coming.

We've crossed over into a new world with new conditions.

It's a losing battle my friend. But I admire your passion. I just think it's misled. As others have pointed out, people are already able to record images/video with their portable devices. We're not allowed to shoot video or pictures in certain places (for security reasons) and businesses can forbid it on their premises. The linked article says that he was met by a employee and his papers were examined and his family and himself were allowed admittance. This tells me it's very likely that McDonalds doesn't have a policy against shooting pictures or video. Either way, they shouldn't have manhandled him.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I haven't seen the actual eye tap in the thread...so here he explains it

Although he does look a wee bit creepy...still no reason to try to take it from him.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
reply to post by Gauss

Probably not allowed to film or photograph inside McD's since supersize me they are probably a bit twitchy about it. Beside what right does he have to go round photo graphing and filming people without their permission.

Id assault his ass too if he came round my place and started filming my wife/kids without permission. The French arn't like Americans they stand up for themselves, their culture and their beliefs, they certainly wont put up with some cheeky yank with a fancy camera.

btw I would hardly call McD's a restaurant...

You said, "The French aren't like Americans they stand up for themselves." And then I laughed so hard I fell off my chair!

I have no idea what a "Cheeky yank" is but if you're referring to Americans here I know a few "Cheeky yanks" that have afforded your country to opportunity to continue speaking French instead of German, so show a little respect!

Finally, if you are in PUBLIC then you have no reason to expect PRIVACY and the probability that you will be filmed or photogrqaphed is near certain. If you ever came up to me for taking pictures in public and "Assaulted [my] ass" (Which is something I guess French men like to do, assault asses) I would hit you so hard your own mother wouldn't recognize you!

Now calm down Pierre and go get me another cheeseburger while I film your wife and kids!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

SAY what.....My Ex has diabetes...she always had to have a doctors note to travel abroad so that she was able to carry her needles on board planes and through customs...there are many reasons why adults require doctors notes especially when traveling.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
- Wait a minute, are you guys aware that that Mc Donalds, by french law and tradition, could be sued if someone in it filmed another client and put it in public diffusion?

Ignorance is a bugger sometimes......

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
- Wait a minute, are you guys aware that that Mc Donalds, by french law and tradition, could be sued if someone in it filmed another client and put it in public diffusion?

Ignorance is a bugger sometimes......

Whose ignorance? I think the ignorance is with the French law-makers who make such a stupid law. Stupid is as stupid does...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Gauss

Its only a hate crime if the suspect matches these 3 specifications.
1: White
2: Male
3: American

From the FBI Hate Crimes Remain Steady

Of the 6,008 known offenders, 58.6 were white and 18.4 percent were black.

While the majority was white, blacks were also charged with hate crimes. I assume the other 23% were other races.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Ok, I can see the need there. Sorry. I just have never needed a doctor's note for anything since like elementary school, guess I am just lucky.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am personally SO EXCITED about the Google Glasses coming out. It is hard to contain myself. I love technology with a passion.

This is definitely a hate crime. Imagine implants that let people see again , see better , or improve deformities that are publicly displayed and possibly permanent.

I like what steve is doing here , technology , implants , are moving very rapidly and permanent upgradable implants are just a few years away , not decades.

I hope these employees are charged.
edit on 17-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If anyones ever played the Deus Ex series, it's based a lot around modern day conspiracies. In the latest game there's bascially two main sides. Those for modifications or augmentations of the human body and those against it. Thought I might just throw that in. Who knows what the future might hold for us in the next couple of years.

In this case is it hate crime because of what he is or did the employees just get pissed off and thought he was recording them.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

yes it does give that kind of connotation when stated like it is a doctors note for the likes of say missing work or being away from school...lol

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

yes i too can hardly wait for my new automatic nipple erecters to arrive in the mail.
2nd line

edit on 123131p://f35Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join