It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gives Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 Billion without Congress' Approval

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't see what all the fuss is about, even if it is true. I mean do any of you seriously think congress wouldn't have approved it? We've been griping about foreign aid for many many years now and nothing has changed.None of our elected officials execute the the will of the people anymore... none of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

1. In 1979, The USA brokered a peace treaty between Egypt and Israel.
2. The treaty deal is... USA will give billions to Egypt, in exchange for Egypt not warring with Israel.
3. Billions are given to Egypt
4. Nobody complains.
5. Years pass.
6. Billions are given to Egypt
7. Nobody complains.
8. Years pass.
9. Billions are given to Egypt
10. Nobody complains.
11. Years pass.
12. Billions are given to Egypt
13. Nobody complains.
14. 2011 - Civil unrest in Egypt, the payments are paused.
15. 2012 - Payments are resumed.
16. People start asking "WHY ARE WE GIVING MONEY TO EGYPT???"
17. Answer... "you only just noticed now?"

edit on 17-7-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

spot on trend of events. This will make sense to those who do not know the history and the context of rain man making it rain on Egypt
edit on 17-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

I was under the impression some time ago that this funding had congressional approval...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well Eqyptians sure do have a funny way of showing there appreciation..just ask Hillary...

.The secretary of State faced protests and insulting taunts on the street during her weekend trip to

Source

The link above will try to explain 3 theories what these jeers may mean....

If you ask me...I'd say cut there ungrateful ass off. And Israel needs to grow up and learn to get along with others...and if they can't are ass needs to mind our own damn business. I don't believing in buying democracy...The people are the ones that need to stand up and take responsiblity for their actions and stop all the dam instigating...BS Greed.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
nevermind, too off topic I think....
edit on 17-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

vis-a-vismuslim brotherhood who will manage the money
edit on 17-7-2012 by liquiddrewl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Research this and you will understand that it is the Christian Egyptians that are angry with the US because the US is supporting an Islam leadership. When you remark "we give them money they riot lollllllllllll" you show your ignorance and lack of due diligence.

80 years ago Egypt was a Christian country, now it is Islam. Research for yourself what Islam thinks of Christians -- research ALL of it and not just the things that your weak belly can handle.
edit on 17-7-2012 by liquiddrewl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
this shouldn't surprise anyone, the MB is all up in the White House....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Here's a link to that Hillary Clinton "severe disrespect" from Egyptians:

www.examiner.com...

It's horrendous, yet the US assists...

It sounds like the Congress's approval of the $1.5 billion is debatable - depending on how "liberally" one looks at the flow of money from Obama to Egypt.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
I don't see what all the fuss is about, even if it is true. I mean do any of you seriously think congress wouldn't have approved it? We've been griping about foreign aid for many many years now and nothing has changed.None of our elected officials execute the the will of the people anymore... none of them.

Congress would not have approved it. Congress wanted the aid money tied to reforms. No reforms no money, White House said nah we are just giving it all to them up front.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

2. The treaty deal is... USA will give billions to Egypt, in exchange for Egypt not warring with Israel.
4. Nobody complains.
5. Years pass.
7. Nobody complains.
8. Years pass.
10. Nobody complains.
11. Years pass.
13. Nobody complains.

spot on trend of events. This will make sense to those who do not know the history and the context of rain man making it rain on Egypt

There is only so much longer that this game can be played surely. Raising one set of insurgents to wipe out the previous set of insurgents, then paying them off in the hope of avoiding becoming a target of their extremism and then setting up another regime to fail so that their energies will be directed there and not on the 'real' enemy. As soon as any leader gets a whiff of the game being played they are offed, and a more compliant specimen put in their place. It's becoming a standing joke. And the longer it goes on, the more it is becoming clear that the West is merely paying into a protectionist racket that they helped forge, and are now #ting themselves over because it is out of their control.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

4. Nobody complains.
5. Years pass.
7. Nobody complains.
8. Years pass.
10. Nobody complains.
11. Years pass.
13. Nobody complains.

How much does Israel get anyone

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Somebody is going to have to explain to me where exactly the U.S. government got that 1.5 billion dollars to give as "aid" in the first place then I am going to need to know under what authority it was given.

See, the problem is that the U.S. government does not have 1.5 billion dollars to give, it is broke, trillions of dollars in debt. If the U.S. government were an American family, they would have lost there house, there kids and be begging on the street for outdated food.

Yet they are not, they continue to raise taxes, create fraudulent government programs and continue to steal more money from those who actually work for it, once they do, the piss it away unconstitutionally in ways just like this.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
How much does Israel get anyone

About $3 billion every year

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well, they take rolls of paper and bottle of ink, then they go into this big fancy building with pillars called a 'mint'...

I'm just kidding......in being a smart ass, anyway.
I WISH I were kidding about the truth of the statement.

They're getting the billions we're handing out like door prizes on Bingo night by printing it..or do they honestly even need that much hassle? Is it just a matter of literally adding numbers to a balance sheet on a computer screen?

Whatever the mechanism? We're running a trillion and more, every year now, in pure negative numbers. We have no money..we have nothing to give and hell, we have nothing for ourselves but debt...so your concerns are dead on. We're givng a billion of monopoly money to Egypt and a billion in Monopoly money to Israel.

The same "Keep the balance" payments we've been making to those nations since Jimmy Carter.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

So much posted on the pros and cons of this recent Obama allegation. Has it ever been proven to be true or false?
Not looking for endless opinions, but some factual information regarding the story.

www.examiner.com...

Not sure if it's true about whether or not Obama gave Egypt this money without Congress' approval, but I do know that we have been giving approximately this same amount of money to Egypt each year for the last 10 years.

At one time, they were trying to decide whether or not to continue giving Egypt this money after Mubarak was asked to step down, but they decided to keep the flow of money going into Egypt to try and keep them from picking on Israel. I doubt it works.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I believe what has probably happened is that the 1.3 billion dollars this year simply went to the Brotherhood instead of the Egyptian Military, which is who has been recieving it til now....with a possible slight increase in allocation due to the internal conflict which is ongoing (of .2 billion)

Both the Egyptian Military and the Muslim Brotherhood are vying for power in Egypt, and the US is backing the Brotherhood therefore it makes sense they would decide against giving it to the military.
edit on 18-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

4. Nobody complains.
5. Years pass.
7. Nobody complains.
8. Years pass.
10. Nobody complains.
11. Years pass.
13. Nobody complains.

The sums it up... but giving money to the Muslim Brotherhood started long before 1979.

For sixty years, the US Department of Justice has remained the legal shield of the Arab-Nazi network, known as the Muslim Brotherhood. America is the only major nation still refusing to designate the Brotherhood as a terrorist group. Thirty years ago Justice Department Attorney John Loftus read the Top Secret Files and was ordered into silence under threat of imprisonment. Now the declassification clock has run down. Loftus says it is time for Justice to face the jury about where the Arab-Nazi connection went wrong and who is really to blame for 9/11. I found this article at NavySeals.com, it is re-posted article from Jewish Community News of a speech given by former U.S. Deputy Attorney John Loftus:

Below is an excerpt of the speech:

Here's how the story began. In the 1920's there was a young Egyptian named al Bana. And al Bana formed this nationalist group called the Muslim Brotherhood. Al Bana was a devout admirer of Adolph Hitler and wrote to him frequently. So persistent was he in his admiration of the new Nazi Party that in the 1930's, al Bana and the Muslim Brotherhood became a secret arm of Nazi Intelligence.

www.navyseals.com...

I suggest you read the whole article, here is another excerpt:

At the end of World War II, the Muslim Brotherhood was wanted for war crimes. Their German intelligence handlers were captured in Cairo. The whole net was rolled up by the British Secret Service. Then a horrible thing happened.

Instead of prosecuting the Nazis - - the Muslim Brotherhood - - the British government hired them. They brought all the fugitive Nazi war criminals of Arab and Muslim descent into Egypt, and for three years they were trained on a special mission. The British Secret Service wanted to use the fascists of the Muslim Brotherhood to strike down the infant state of Israel in 1948. Only a few people in the Mossad know this, but many of the members of the Arab Armies and terrorist groups that tried to strangle the infant State of Israel were the Arab Nazis of the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

if you people was smart to know that the examiner is a republican paper and this muslim brotherhood stuff was started by sarah palin

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Where is the proof? All this article says is allegedly. All of the source links are empty as well.

ETA
No, The President Is Not Giving $1.5 Billion To The Muslim Brotherhood

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

the money isn’t even going to Egypt, it’s going to U.S. defense contractors who have ongoing contracts to supply the Egyptian military.

edit on 17-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Are you missing the most important thing that even you have pointed out? I mean if you can understand what you read you might understand that when the american government gives money to some "defense contractors" for the intent of giving aid (transferring that same money) to the Egyptian military (the Egyptian government) that is the same thing as the american government directly giving money to the Egyptian government. Get it?

-Alien

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join