It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm Debby heading to a city on the Gulf Coast soon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As someone who has lost part of their house to a hurricane in the panhandle of FL, I follow these things when they are heading where my family is located.

Hopefully it won't grow to big before it gets there.

The National Hurricane Center in Miami said Sunday morning that Debby was about 190 miles (310 km) east-southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi River. It said the storm warning has now been issued from the Mississippi-Alabama border eastward to the Suwanee River in north Florida.

I do miss this part of the storm.

Thousands of people were on the beach at Pensacola Beach, Fla., on Sunday morning. Many used their phones to take photos of huge waves crashing into the concrete supports of a fishing pier. There wasn't any rain yet; just gusty winds and dark, fast-moving clouds.

Interesting fact for the day

It was the first time four tropical storms have been recorded before July 1 during the Atlantic hurricane season since record keeping began in 1851. Alberto was the first storm this year. It formed off the South Carolina coast on May 19, almost two weeks before the hurricane season officially began June 1.

Source

Link with video talking about storm

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I'm in Clearwater and right now the river that runs by me is almost completely flooded. It looks like the lake on our golf course will be connecting to the river soon.

For us, it's been raining since almost 8PM last night so if this continues and we don't get any type of really high winds we will at least get some flooding. Thanks for this post, I was just about to make a topic.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nakor

Hey neighbor! Pinellas Park is underwater as usual. Guess thats what happens when you build on a swamp. They should have used a few more feet of back fill.Just heard theres a possible tornado in Myakka City. I'll take the rain over fires any day. Wonder if this will end the water restrictions?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hurricane Debby?

Nice to hear that my ex wife is still going strong..

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm up north of the Port Richey area. Yeah, rain, rain, rain, and more of the same for tomorrow. We didn't get this much rain when those hurricanes came thru a few years ago. I don't know about flooding. My son went out to pick up something to eat, so I guess I'll get a report when he gets back.

The rain gage is full - 5" since I emptied it yesterday evening.
edit on 24-6-2012 by OhZone because: added thought

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Looks to be primarily a flooding event, but that is bad enough,stay safe all you peeps down that way. Hope you and yours stay dry.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

BULLETIN TROPICAL STORM DEBBY ADVISORY NUMBER 6 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
AL042012 400 PM CDT SUN JUN 24 2012 ...
THREAT TO LOUISIANA LESSENS...TROPICAL STORM WARNINGS DISCONTINUED...
SUMMARY OF 400 PM CDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION ----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...28.4N 85.8W ABOUT 205 MI...330 KM ESE OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER ABOUT 100 MI...165 KM SSW OF APALACHICOLA FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...60 MPH...95 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NE OR 40 DEGREES AT 3 MPH...6 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...993 MB...29.32 INCHES

Source Noaa.gov

Seems New Orleans might be out of the danger zone this time around.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Doodle19815 because: Forgot my linky dinky doo

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My aunt and cousins have homes in Lake Placid Florida. Central just south of Sebring and Orlando. Roof off homes and wide spread power outages. Their homes survived, but many neighbors sustained lots of damage. That is also south of The Villages as well. This is not over yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
My aunt and cousins have homes in Lake Placid Florida. Central just south of Sebring and Orlando. Roof off homes and wide spread power outages. Their homes survived, but many neighbors sustained lots of damage. That is also south of The Villages as well. This is not over yet.

I'm in Central Florida as well,northwest of Orlando.It's been pouring all day and within the last hour the wind has really picked up.Nothing to serious at all so far though.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I do not think we will see anything close to hurricane strength with this storm. Expect localized flooding, some heavy winds and rain and that's about it.

What has been pretty impressive with this storm and something for all us amateur storm watchers to pay attention to is the forecast models. All of them for the exception of 1, has been dead wrong.

As of 9pm local time yesterday, the majority of forecast models actually had this storm heading directly West and making landfall in Texas. This storm now appears to me heading directly North into the Florida Panhandle. It is being reported that it ism moving at 3mph, which is very slow and depending on how much rain it is dumping out, where this makes landfall is almost certain to see flooding.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sure would be nice if this thing would come up into indiana and just stop for about seven days. We're suffering a severe drought and watching florida get all that rain makes me jealous.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So the lake/pond ended up connecting with the river which flooded our entire rode up to almost 6 feet. I had to go out and pull people out of their cars because they thought their cars were boats.

I'll post some pictures up later on once I get dry and relax for a bit.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nakor

Yikes, sorry to hear that. Are you guys still getting more rain?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Reports of tornado damage in Largo and Indian Rocks Beach. If I can figure out how I will post some pics.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

AT 700 PM CDT...0000 UTC...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM DEBBY WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 28.3 NORTH...LONGITUDE 86.0 WEST.
DEBBY HAS BEEN STATIONARY DURING THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS. LITTLE MOVEMENT IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS...BUT THIS FORECAST REMAINS UNCERTAIN DUE TO WEAK STEERING CURRENTS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 60 MPH...95 KM/H...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SOME GRADUAL STRENGTHENING IS POSSIBLE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS. TROPICAL-STORM-FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 200 MILES...325 KM FROM THE CENTER.
SUSTAINED TROPICAL-STORM-FORCE WINDS HAVE BEEN REPORTED AT SEVERAL LOCATIONS ALONG THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE WEST OF APALACHICOLA DURING THE PAST HOUR. WIND GUSTS TO TROPICAL STORM FORCE HAVE BEEN REPORTED ALONG THE ALABAMA COAST AND ALSO ALONG THE WEST-CENTRAL FLORIDA COAST. THE MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE RECENTLY REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE RESERVE RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT WAS 990 MB...29.23 INCHES.

Source Noaa.gov

Time to batten down the hatches if you are in the pan-handle.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Reports of tornado damage in Largo and Indian Rocks Beach. If I can figure out how I will post some pics.

Currently under a Tornado Warning where I'm at.And so the fun begins....hope everyone stays safe!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Man i wish it would go up to colorado and utah...give them a good soaking, but im sure we here in Myrtle beach will get about 12 inches or more...hopefully some waves..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, I see she is still just sitting there this morning. I hope everyone stays safe.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Note on the last picture that is a major road in Tampa Florida they are floating down,

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
See I might be a procrastinator but I do eventually deliver here are some more pics from around my area. Nature is awesome enjoy!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join