It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Sandler = AWFUL

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't a fan of this imbecile. Just goes to show how dumb the consuming public has become to let such an 'actor' be so successful. Americans do not want to think, they want to be entertained by the most basic, lowbrow, trashy slop available, obviously.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Can I add Chris Rock to your rant and the list of overexposed over paid hack??

Excellent addition. In fact, if you want to see both Sandler and Rock team up for a double-whammy of Hollywood excrement, the remake of The Longest Yard can be used as an example of how to wreck a remake after the original with Burt Reynolds was successful and somewhat novel.

That movie... I just can't say enough bad things about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Iv'e never liked Adam Sandler's movies, it's like he is being goofy in a forced way

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I have to disagree, just because some movie websites tell everything from before the 80's 'overacting' it isn't. Back then there were a lot of great actors, of course they acted different because most of them were stage actors and first of all had to adapt to movies with sound - before there was no sound, so they had to 'act their words' and a dramatic fashion.
Still my favourite actors are 90% from the 30's to the 70's, a time where i was not even alive. Yet i think they had real talent and could act in a believable way. Todays generation of actors are mostly 1-2 classes below. There's a reason why old guys like Clint Eastwood stll out act each and everyone of them, stealing the spotlight in every movie he's in.
If anything, most actors today commit the crime of 'overacting' as they either try too hard to be funny or completely botch serious scenes because they look like goofballs with weird facial expression and this 'cry' look that is so #ing fake looking.

As for Sandler: He's terribly unfunny, completely annoying, can't act, looks stupid and i want to punch him. The movies i saw with him were completely dreadful and a pain to sit through.
But he's not even the worst comedian from the USA, not when there are idiots like Cedric the Entertainer, Rob Schneider, Eddie Griffin, Vince Vaughn and Jona Hill are around. They should be banned from doing anything.

Sorry but Clint Eastwood is not from the 30's to 50's era.

Lets agree to disagree, because most of the old movies I watch, (maybe all) seem very pretentious, and overly dramatized.

Yes, there is overacting today, but not on the same par and consistency of that era.

Each to their own though, and if you enjoy them, great.

I personally think the actors of the later generations(such as Clint) are much better at their craft.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How is Kevin James career doing, compared to Adam Sandlers?

Who else couldn't stand the Blart movie?

There are no quality movies anymore, just trash that only a minority of adults can appreciate. The same goes for comedians, I watched Caddy Shack last night, I was kinda missing old Rodney Dangerfield.

Also, modern comedies have horrible plots, and need some stupid remark every 20 sec, has peoples attention spans deteriorated that much? I know people who can't sit through a movie that doesn't have idiotic humor, give them a movie like Braveheart, and they have zero appreciation for depth. Adam just keeps the movies that dumb us down flowing.
edit on 16-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Yeah I miss Dangerfield as well.

Did he ever get that clone made? Wonder if it would be any funny.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
About A week ago I saw hum being interviewed on the David Letterman show and he was HORRIBLE, it was indeed like watching Dave talk to a small child, he was also sort of condescending towards Adam. He even said he had made 3 Billion dollars form his movies.
Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
He may be corny and a bit childish but I enjoy something dif from my stressful job and bills. I loved his calmer movies like "longest yard" and "funny people" "click"(I cried in that movie). He may have had some real dumb ones but he also has some great ones.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Much of his "potty" humor is not my thing...but the guy has talent....

www.youtube.com...

link   
Much of his "potty" humor is not my thing...but the guy has talent....

www.youtube.com...

link   
Ok, here is whats ruined A LOT of comedies, theyve gone to using "Jackass style" so called humor or "Howard Stern shock style" humor.
Both of which are annoying and just plain crude.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think this is why Dave Chappel got out when he did? He wasn't funny, he was hilarious!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I've been getting into some of this guys stuff off and on for the last few years.
Not really a big actor but he does some killer stand ups.

Russel Peters
I am a huge fan of stand up, if it's done right of course.

Thanks for posting this video. He's funny. I really get a kick out of his name.

This from wikki:

His father was born in Bombay, Maharashtra, India, and worked as a federal meat inspector; he is regularly mentioned and featured in his comedy work.[5] His mother was born in Calcutta, West Bengal, India.

I'm thinking the family changed their name.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Have you ever youtube the clip where Dave said the industry constantly wants black male comedians dress in drag, he started putting his foot down and he got out. Dave was on Inside The Actors Studio, saying Hollywood is sick, Dave Chapelle also said "Martin Lawerance, doesn't go off waving a gun, saying someone is trying to kill me for nothing", Dave is pretty much anti illuminati.

Maybe there is a weird conpiracy, Adam still has a career.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by proob4

Have you ever youtube the clip where Dave said the industry constantly wants black male comedians dress in drag, he started putting his foot down and he got out. Dave was on Inside The Actors Studio, saying Hollywood is sick, Dave Chapelle also said "Martin Lawerance, doesn't go off waving a gun, saying someone is trying to kill me for nothing", Dave is pretty much anti illuminati.

Maybe there is a weird conpiracy, Adam still has a career.

I saw that interview maybe a year or two ago, whenever it was somewhat new.

I also find Dave's comments very eye opening and revealing. And he makes it pretty clear that that is just the tip of the iceberg.

It was also cool to hear Dave tell his first attempts at stand up. Good stuff.
I honestly think he made the right choice to drop off the radar. Smart guy imo.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think he made a great choice too, Dave never sold out to his principles. I wish more people would break Hollywood wide open. Try and check out Randy Quaids, 'Star whackers' interview, the guy isn't crazy.

Randy Quaid says Santa Barbra county, is creating living wills, killing people off, and confiscating their property. He found his own living will was created before recieving death threats, pretty compelling stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Not trying to derail this thread but Tila Tequila has also been speaking up about the evil's of hollywood.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Could you edit your post and maybe put a link to this interveiw with Dave chappel? Thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
DMX goes off in this rap/rant. It's not music, it's poetry being spoken in a rap format.

Backstory real quick : DMX was big back years ago but he claims in videos on youtube that the top people were asking him to do all kinds of questionable and unethical activities.

So he went against them and they pushed him out of the top -- and then had him arrested on trumped up charges and threw the book at him.

Here is the starter, but also youtube "dmx illuminati" if you wanna see more elaboration.
These are people from the inside who are talking about what "they think".

Viewer discretion advised, explicit language spoken if you click. However it is not restricted by Youtube so it's not disturbing or anything.

Also check out Professor Griff from Public Enemy:

Watch his speech, he alleges that there are many actual criminal acts going on behind the scenes.
He makes some compelling claims and appears to actually believe what he claims as well.
They are totally speaking about ATS topics in relation to corruption in the media industry.

And Lauryn Hill rips it up solo w/an acoustic guitar (of Fugees fame)

I was never a fan of the Fugees but after seeing this absolute power of her spirit shine in this piece, I can't help but appreciate her knowledge and strength.

There is a reason these folks aren't in the spotlight anymore. And it's probably because of what they are talking about. It's clear they are talented individuals, and it seems a good chance the reason their music may have sucked at points is because they were told how to do it. They weren't at much liberty to do what they wanted to do as artists.

Who knows how awesome mainstream music could be if there wasn't some sort of questionable interest calling the shots and using illicit methods to achieve their goals.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join