It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Sandler = AWFUL

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wow! I thought I was the only one that did not like this "Hack"?
Lol good post S&F

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Now that other guy is pretty funny, whats his name? In night at the museum and something about mary?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MidKnight

I was kinda thinking that myself. Now we know what sheep to blame or have a talk to. We can now find them in a Adam Sandler audience.
edit on 16-6-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Now that other guy is pretty funny, whats his name? In night at the museum and something about mary?

Ben Stiller. Much better actor, better sense of what is funny, and better comedic delivery and timing.

He still has had some bombs, but in general he participates in and contributes to much better films in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
His movies are hit or miss. But some of them are not bad at all.. actually quite funny. ("Funny People" being one of them)

He was funny on SNL and some of his audio tapes are pretty funny.

He was one of those comedians always trying to push the limits of comedy and take them into different places.

If you want to talk about bad movies and comedy... Start with the Wayans Bros.... Scary Movie 1-xx are HORRIBLE.
edit on 16-6-2012 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2012 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I was just saying the same thing to my girlfriend last week. She loves him for whatever reason.

His sense of humor sucks and it's the same in every movie he does. His voices are retarded too. What kind of person over the age of 15 would find those voices funny? Not only that, but any time he is at an award show he is always in a t shirt, baseball cap and a pair of jeans. Nothing against being comfortable, but he never even attempts to look presentable at formal events. Dude just looks like a washed up slob.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Adam Sandler is awesome. How dare you speak about him that way.
You should look at Jim Carry.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

How can you compare jim carry to AS(s)?

Adam does have some funny movies but i agree with the OP he comedy seems to be directed right at the proles.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sounds like the OP might be a deranged ex-girlfriend.

I'm not fond of Sandler either, but jeez.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Skepticesque because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Happy Gilmore was the only movie I liked him in, since then you are right, nothing good.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Ok...I acknowledge that he has worked hard and made a lot of money....but I still am not and never will be a fan of his.

I am a big fan of classic moves from the 1930's, 40's and 50's ...even some silent films...those were the days of great actors!

I have to disagree. Those decades produced some of the most pretentious over acting I have ever seen.

I respect the right to your opinion, and please don't take it personally, because I do respect your opinions on many issues.

But honestly, if you look at the acting of those decades it certainly isn't up to par with what you see from the 70's on.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
And I swear to you, all you relative thinkers, this is not my own truth but an absolute truth defined by the universe itself.

Yes I am aware of this universal truth.

I saw that Zohan movie last night, well, a few parts of it, and it was terrible.
A few funny parts I will concede, but it's true Sandler has been going downhill for years. I didn't realize he got that far up the mountain to begin with.

If you haven't seen it? Don't bother. You will laugh two or three times watching the grass grow, much less that poorly written joke of a film.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Zohan is on now, first time ive ever seen it and I have to say, im not impressed.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Zohan is on now, first time ive ever seen it and I have to say, im not impressed.

Yeah I caught it last night.

Sure you can eventually get a few jokes right, but most of the jokes are pretty weak.
Sigh.

He should have just made more happy gilmore stuff. It was a lot better watching him get beat up by Bob Barker.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I have to disagree, just because some movie websites tell everything from before the 80's 'overacting' it isn't. Back then there were a lot of great actors, of course they acted different because most of them were stage actors and first of all had to adapt to movies with sound - before there was no sound, so they had to 'act their words' and a dramatic fashion.
Still my favourite actors are 90% from the 30's to the 70's, a time where i was not even alive. Yet i think they had real talent and could act in a believable way. Todays generation of actors are mostly 1-2 classes below. There's a reason why old guys like Clint Eastwood stll out act each and everyone of them, stealing the spotlight in every movie he's in.
If anything, most actors today commit the crime of 'overacting' as they either try too hard to be funny or completely botch serious scenes because they look like goofballs with weird facial expression and this 'cry' look that is so #ing fake looking.

As for Sandler: He's terribly unfunny, completely annoying, can't act, looks stupid and i want to punch him. The movies i saw with him were completely dreadful and a pain to sit through.
But he's not even the worst comedian from the USA, not when there are idiots like Cedric the Entertainer, Rob Schneider, Eddie Griffin, Vince Vaughn and Jona Hill are around. They should be banned from doing anything.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Adam Sandler in awesome. He is one of my favorite comedians....Lately his movies haven't been as good as his older ones. But I still like him.

He is one of the most successful comedians for a reason folks.

I like his old music albums.

-Piece of sh** car....and so on.

He has some funny material....To me that is.

Whatever floats yer boat.

edit on 16-6-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is the thing, I grew up watching Adam on SNL as a kid (after I was old enough to stay up late on Saturday).

I thought he was great. Canteen boy, all that. Everything was going great but after the Happy Gilmore/Waterboy section in his life...he has never done anything truly funny again. At least not in my book, and I was a huge fan in his early years. I would even get into those audio releases, like "They're all gonna laugh at you / What the hell happened to me?".

But it seems around 1998 was the end of his actual career as a comedian. Everything else has been beating a dead horse.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Can I add Chris Rock to your rant and the list of overexposed over paid hack??

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks for reminding me of "They're all gonna laugh at you" I have to listen to it now!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've been getting into some of this guys stuff off and on for the last few years.
Not really a big actor but he does some killer stand ups.

Russel Peters

I am a huge fan of stand up, if it's done right of course.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I did LOL at the Hacky-Cat scene though

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join