It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones endorses Libertarian Gary Johnson for President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
With Paul practically out of the race it is clear that we really only have one choice to continue the Liberty movement in America and that is Gary Johnson

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ok, now somebody explain to me how Alex Jones endorsing Gary Johnson fits in with the theory that AJ is secretly working for the Illuminati?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Paul supporters are insisting that Ron Paul is still in the race, so why is Alex jones, a supposed Ron Paul supporter, a loyal one as I understand, supporting Gary Johnson? Mind you I don't blame Alex for assuming Paul is out of the race, he basically is, but I just have to question given he is loyal to the Paul movement, why he would go against the wishes of Paul supporters? Hmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Maybe because most Paul supporters just simply want to be free and live life the way they choose?
And it doesn't matter who gets it done, they just want someone, anyone, to get it done?

Yeah, that's probably why.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Maybe because most Paul supporters just simply want to be free and live life the way they choose?
And it doesn't matter who gets it done, they just want someone, anyone, to get it done?

Yeah, that's probably why.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. Could Alex be more loyal to a cause than a person?? Sounds possible.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Last time I checked it wasn't the Ron Paul movement it was the Liberty movement.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Didn't Rand Paul endorse Romney???

Ouch...that's a real kick in the nuts.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Or maybe, just maybe my post had nothing to do with whether Paul supporters can vote as they wish? Nobody is forcing Alex to vote a certain way so calm down. It's a free country.

Or maybe Paul supporters are beginning to accept the inconvenient truth? That Paul is out of the race? I have to wonder though how much more a chance does Gary Johnson have as president compared to writing in Ron Paul. Maybe Alex can explain this to us as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Didn't Rand Paul endorse Romney???

Ouch...that's a real kick in the nuts.

I know

I think if Rand Paul had endorsed Gary Johnson this would have made more sense. Ah well, Alex's apologist supporters will probably continue explaining away why Alex deserted Ron Paul while he was still technically running for the GOP nomination.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

If Paul is out of the race then where the hell does Gary Johnson stand? I gather Ron Paul will get far more votes than Gary come November, but either way, I support them both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If Paul supporters would rather write in Ron Paul than vote for Johnson than they deserve the "cult" label.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'm not real big on Alex Jones but this was a good interview with limited annoying interruptions from Alex. I think Gary Johnson would be a great candidate for the liberty movement to back. If Ron Paul is seeking to get more of his supporters influencing the Republican party, that's great too, but if he's not trying to be president then the movement should vote for the candidate with the same principles. In no way shape or form should Ron Paul supporters vote for mittens as it is entirely counter productive no matter what excuses are given IMO.

In short, sure make a ruckkus at the Republican convention (Paul supporters), then vote Gary Johnson for pres. Ron Paul should endorse Johnson soon so we can get this rolling. Im sure this would put Paul in an awesome position to be VP or another cabinet position. Afterall, Johnson encouraged people to vote for Paul when he dropped out of the republican race. Remember, it's about the liberty movement that Ron Paul basically started, and it's not about Ron Paul the man. This would put Pauls liberty movement on the independent ticket while also gaining quite a bit of support from the left as well! The key is for the movement to get united, and do it fast!
edit on 15-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Actually AJ has went nuts over the Rand Paul endorsement of Romney lately. I do not think anyone can call AJ a Paul supporter of any kind now. He has even said he no longer wants them on his show anymore and on and on and on. I will dig around and see if I can find some of his current Paul rants, but the long and short of it is that he believes Ron Paul and Rand Paul are playing politics and that the whole endorsement was completely planned out by both Pauls. He thinks it is unfair that they continued to build up hope in his supporters, while asking for money to support the campaign, all the while planning an exit and Rand's endorsement. He believes that the Paul's are now 'playing ball' with the Republican Party and that it is a huge mistake and in many ways compromising the values that made Ron Paul different from the status quo.

Concerning Gary Johnson, I think the OP is right. Voters who are more Liberty minded should take a good look at Gary Johnson. Thus far from my research, he is a very viable Candidate. That being said, he won't win. Since he is running third party he will find it difficult to get on ballots, he will find it difficult to even get a chance to participate in any future Presidential Debates. This tactic will effectively keep him out of the headlines, out of any limelight, and get him ignored by the Media. The effect of this will also mean, most voters will have no idea who he is and if the people don't know who you are they will not vote for you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Hey MrWendal, I agree with pretty much everything you said. However, concerning your last paragraph, let's not forget how the media ignored Ron Paul etc etc etc all the same even when he WAS in the debates on the republican ticket. I know I don't have to explain this to you though.

I'm actually thinking that as long as the liberty movement unites on this, (check my post above) there would be MORE support because of many more from the left joining. Screw the media, we all know what they want as they are part of the problem. Some of the problem with Paul votes (even tho we all know there has been fraud) has always been that many on the left just could never stomach voting republican regardless of the candidate. Voting independent would now alleviate that.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I do agree with you, but I am also a realist.

You can not simply say "screw the media" because the truth is there are many voters who depend on that media to make up their minds. Even though Paul was completely ignored and ridiculed by the media- he at least had the opportunity to have the message of Liberty and Freedom heard and by doing so gained more support. Support he would not have gained, had he been excluded.

Gary Johnson will not have that opportunity. He has not been able to participate in a single debate this year, because he is not a Republican. He will not be able to participate in any debate prior to the General Election because he is not party of the big 2 party system. The fact is- and this is a fact- the majority of voters have no idea other people are running for President outside of Democrat and Republican. Just go talk to anyone who voted in 2008 and ask them who ran for President. I would bet many could tell you it was Obama and John McCain... but that is where the "list" ends. When the truth is not only did McCain and Obama run for President but so did Cynthia McKinney, Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin and Ralph Nader. Of those other 4 Ralph Nader probably got the most press out of any 3rd party Candidate, but the majority (or as I call them the mainstream voters) had no idea he was running for President.

There has only been one 3rd party Candidate in relatively recent memory who had any chance at all to win the General Election and that was Ross Perot. However, Ross Perot spent millions and fought tooth and nail to get included in a handful of televised debates. Had he been excluded, like all 3rd party Candidates are today, he never would have had a chance. Let us also not forget that after the 1992 elections, Perot and ALL 3rd Party Candidates were then excluded from the 1996 debates because they did not have "a realistic chance of winning the Presidency".

And this is where we are today. 3rd party Candidates are now routinely excluded by the media as having no chance to win when the truth is they have no chance because they are excluded and purposefully hidden from the mainstream voters who depend on that same media to inform them of the potential Candidates.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
After listening to the interview, I did a little more research on Gary Johnson. It sounds like he hi-jacked the Libertarian Party. There is a guy he is working with called Roger Stone the "GOP Hitman"
youtu.be...
edit on 15-6-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I do agree with you about 3rd party candidates getting the shaft, much like how Ron Paul has got the shaft. So we are stuck with 2 options.

#1 Make a statement by writing in Ron Paul. The only downfall to this is that some states (like mine) make it difficult or impossible to write in a candidate, so many Paul supporters will get the shaft on that anyway...

or

#2 Make a bigger statement by voting in Gary Johnson (whos on the ballot in all 50 states) with the hope of a Ron Paul endorsement. The downfall to this is the lack of presence in the media etc etc.

Being a realist myself, (check signature) I honestly can see at this point that there really are no more options for the liberty movement. Thanks Rand!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
After listening to the interview, I did a little more research on Gary Johnson. It sounds like he hi-jacked the Libertarian Party. There is a guy he is working with called Roger Stone the "GOP Hitman"
youtu.be...
edit on 15-6-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

Yeah check his wiki.

While in college, Johnson earned money as a door-to-door handyman.[19] His success in that arena encouraged him to start his own business, Big J Enterprises, in 1976. When he started the business, which focused on mechanical contracting, Johnson was its only employee.[20] His major break with the firm was receiving a large contract from Intel's expansion in Rio Rancho, which increased Big J's revenue to $38 million.

What? So he was a 1man handyman team and suddenly skyrocketed to 38million revenue and 1000+ employees?

That sounds like a magical fairy tale...or...a conspiracy.

You know like someone handed him a little note with "instructions" and if he followed them, he would receive "great rewards". Not saying that happened, but it is quite suspicious.

I have great reservations and believe that this guy has an aura of "one of the good old boys" all around him. Part of the club you know? The club that you and I ain't in.

How do you go from being a door to door handyman to a 38million $ contract overnight? If anyone wants to fill me in on how this is reasonable and explainable as a "normal event" please do enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
the liberty movement is more then just one person or leader
its up to everyone

I have a freind who has a similar story
he invented the LED sneakers and sold the Idea to nike now he owns a bahama

it does happen legit sometimes

other then that
its going to be tough to find leaders...
leaders are vulnerable to silver or lead
and people are vulnerable to leaders

edit on 15-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Being a realist myself, (check signature) I honestly can see at this point that there really are no more options for the liberty movement. Thanks Rand!

There are always more options, but playing along with this charade doesn't seem to be one of them.

What we really need is to brainstorm and think about things in depth, everyone does. What we need are novel ideas, cunning strategies, and we need to adopt more diverse methodology.

The liberty movement cannot die, even if you killed every last one of us. All it takes is a moment of realization for any human being to become pro-liberty. That means even if all of us were shot, new people would replace us due to the inevitable reality that people will come to the conclusion that liberty is in their best interests.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join