It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan vs God - Which do you prefer?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The concept of good and evil , plus or minus , yes or no , Satan or God , Evil and Holy . Without one there can not exist the other and there lies the foundation for Gods plan . You are either your Fathers son or you are not . With out a father you are not . Yes there are those that worship Satan , Michael Jackson and Oprah but they are not God . Some worship Mary the mother of Jesus but she is not God the Father or the Lord Jesus . Some people worship cannabis , alcohol and heavy metal and it is their god but it is not God .

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Someone make worship God and Jesus, but they are not Oprah.... Do you see how that sounds? It doesn't really mean anything.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Say What ? You might want to read that again .

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You have misread what Jesus said...

If I had a quarter for everytime I have heard that little tidbit, I would be rich. I suppose it is because the "holy spirit" was not there to explain everything for me? I didn't misread anything.

You would also know that the nation of Israel was destroyed by king Nebuchadnezzar along with those who opposed the determination of God for Israels transgressions .

And friend, if you remember History Class, Israel was not a Nation, nor even a State, until 1948. In those days it was Tribal Areas. I see you are onto the Rothschild Dynasty. Mayor Rothschild was one of those who created Israel.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here's how I see it these days.....lol,,,for what it's worth....

I was what you would call an "agnostic" most of my life....I couldn't completely rule out God, and yet the way I saw it was that if I had "doubts", God would know, you can't "bluff" God, so to me ,it was in a wierd way, trying to be respectful of God.....oh geez...not sure how to say this better....

I now completely believe in God, I don't belong to any particular religion, but there is not a doubt in my mind that God and "good and evil" exist. How the heck I'm meant to live out the rest of my life ,I hope and pray will be with Love and honor....LOL...just say NO to Satan.....
edit on 4-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Israel was a nation when Joshua crossed the river Jordan long before Islam was plagiarized from the Talmud a testament not inspired by God . The Arabs don't know it but they were put where they are to be a stumbling block to Israel until the 1st war of Gog Magog written of in Ezekiel 38 and 39 . By the way that is a prophecy not quite yet fulfilled that was put forth some 2500 years ago .
I am sorry for you . You seem to have a lot of problems ahead of you .I pray you see the light before you leave this world . Every knee will bend before the Lord . Yes even the non believers and it will not be long .
Even now someone trying to wish the best for you is wrong isn't it ?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Every knee will bend before the Lord . Yes even the non believers and it will not be long .
Even now someone trying to wish the best for you is wrong isn't it ?

I don't know, would it be ok if a Muslim said this to you? Would you actually believe it? Probably not, so why should anyone believe when you say the same for your religion?

A Satanist can just as easily say "every knee will bend before him, even non-believers"....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sure is funny you always come to his rescue , even when he doesn't need rescuing .

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

On any thread I see nonsense being spewed, I try to give another perspective so that they can see how their reasoning is flawed. Interesting, how you chose not to respond to what I actually said and tried to change the subject.
edit on 9-6-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

A satanist didn't write it in a bible some 2000 years before your majesty the know-er of all things was born . Being that you are so endowed with knowledge please explain how life started on this rock with out intelligent design (God ) considering the fact that DNA/RNA is in every living thing and does not assimilate it's self within a living cell ( another topic ) randomly . The same question applies to anywhere in any other place from which life could come from . Note that deep space is sterile with deadly radiation and void of oxygen as well as extreme temperatures . Your assumption that Satan could be the God the Father is founded on what ? Your only information that there is a Satan comes from the Bible therefore it is your only manuscript explaining the relationship there in.If you can't trust your only source of information your without standing in the matter .

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

First of all, in scripture much older than the bible, Enki (Serpent God) was seen as the creator of the world. So, there is one source that is much older.

Second, you are making an argument of ignorance. You are saying that since we may not know where life came from -therefore God did it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well can you offer a scientific way it could have happened . Can your most revered sources provide one . Can you prove your sources on earlier scripture . Then , is there a serious vice that prohibits you from accepting the whole God and judgement thing .

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Well can you offer a scientific way it could have happened .Can your most revered sources provide one .

Don't want to. Just because you don't know something the answer is not "God did it".

reply to post by arpgme

Can you prove your sources on earlier scripture .

Research the Enuma Elish.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So you can't prove your position . Nor have you taken the time to prove it to yourself .

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

So you can't prove your position . Nor have you taken the time to prove it to yourself .

I gave you the names so that you can research the story yourself and see how it is the origin of the Adam and Eve story. Are you referring to another position? Can you be a bit more specific?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Sure is funny you always come to his rescue , even when he doesn't need rescuing .

No I don't need any "rescuing..." especially from a member of the Cult of Jesus who have never researched his book, or his religion. The Religion of Fear! Here, lest me help you....

The Forged Origins of the New Testament

Exposing Christianity

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

He told you what to research, too lazy to look it up? Here you go!
Enuma Elish 'When on high' The Babylonian Epic of Creation
The First, and Real story of Creation.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Thats utter Bullshingles I can't believe that a grown man would give a read . The scolls were written before that . Any Port In A Storm should be the title to that scrawl .

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Where is the evidence? You do know that The Sumerian language is not only The Oldest Language we know of, but, it is so old, that even though it is a primitive language, it has an even more primitive form and is included as "Proto-Writing".

There is no evidence for the existence of any Hebrew writings before The Ancient Egyptian language, so there definitely isn't any current evidence before the Sumerian language which is even thousands of years older.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
GOD

Prayer is not the synonym of petition- prayer is speaking to God whatsoever be the voice, the language, the subject of disclosure. It may be confession, it may be adoration, it may be thanksgiving, it may be petition. If it be petition it may be entreaty, it may be deprecation, it may be intercession, it may be for the life, it may be for the soul... prayer is the soul's language in the ear of God known to be present. A man may pray who asks nothing; who "dwells in the secret place of the Most High" -- silent petition, counting it enough to abide under the shadow of the Almighty, the All-Loving. The reality of prayer is the meeting of the two spirits, the "I" and the "I Am" unto communication, unto converse, unto interchange ( with reverence be it spoken) of thought and speech of life and love.

-Very Rev. C.J. Vaughan, D. D.

"Prayer is the meeting-point of the seen and the unseen; it is borderland between earth and heaven; it is the contact and the communion of finite beings with the Infinite"
- Dr. Huntindon

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join