It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan vs God - Which do you prefer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It's not talking about the moon, it's talking about a fallen Babylonian king. I realize that heylel/heilel/helel is the proper name, but regardless Lucifer in the Bible today is about Venus. Not to mention it's a Latin name in a Hebrew text, which should draw some red flags to begin with. It was a bad translation and people don't realize it, or wish to accept it as such.

Yeah, if you re-read what I said you'll notice I never claimed the verse in Isaiah was talking "about the moon". I said the Hebrew name it uses for satan/lucifer/the devil is "HEYLEL". And his name MEANS "crescent moon".

And bad translation or not, thats why Im trying to set the record straight. For one, Lucifer doesnt mean "light bringer" it means "light BEARER". And for two, Lucifer is a VERY poor translation, his name is "Heylel" which means crescent moon.
edit on 31-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Estimated Deaths Attributed to God: 25 million.

How many humans has Satan/Devil killed? Not a single one. Prove me wrong.

I don't think your math is correct.

If you're going to attribute 25 million deaths to God. Are these unjustified deaths? Are the souls of those 25 million condemned and dammed to Hell? Whoever God killed he did so indirectly.

So every other unjustified death must be attributed to the Devil in some way. How many people said "The Devil made me do it"?

I'd say the Devil is responsible for at least a few billion deaths.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

And bad translation or not, thats why Im trying to set the record straight. For one, Lucifer doesnt mean "light bringer" it means "light BEARER". And for two, Lucifer is a VERY poor translation, his name is "Heylel" which means crescent moon.

This god is supposed to be perfect and yet his book is not. I am not sure why people can not see the obvious FACT that the bible has FALSE information in it, even though it is supposed to be this god's book and this god is supposed to be perfect.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

No I would not like to read your mind set . Like you said prefer heavy rock and roll alcohol and drugs to God . You are predisposed to disallow all that opposes your life style and I'm sure the rule of law is included . To admit there is a Satan would preclude that God exist and you can't have that . Party on dude but you will pay the bill in the end .

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

To admit there is a Satan would preclude that God exist and you can't have that .

No, it doesn't. There are people that believe that Satan is the creator of the universe.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

This god is supposed to be perfect and yet his book is not. I am not sure why people can not see the obvious FACT that the bible has FALSE information in it, even though it is supposed to be this god's book and this god is supposed to be perfect.

Everyone knows the translations have some errors. The " infallible" aspect deals with the original manuscript.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Estimated Deaths Attributed to God: 25 million.

How many humans has Satan/Devil killed? Not a single one. Prove me wrong.

I don't think your math is correct.

If you're going to attribute 25 million deaths to God. Are these unjustified deaths? Are the souls of those 25 million condemned and dammed to Hell? Whoever God killed he did so indirectly.

So every other unjustified death must be attributed to the Devil in some way. How many people said "The Devil made me do it"?

I'd say the Devil is responsible for at least a few billion deaths.

Lol, tell him about 1 million die here on earth every 8 days or so. MATH IS WAY OFF!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

To admit there is a Satan would preclude that God exist and you can't have that .

No, it doesn't. There are people that believe that Satan is the creator of the universe.

Well, Satan is called, "The God of this World," and did not Jesus tell his people their Father was in fact Satan? So, when one says, "Heavenly Father," one is actually praying to Satan?

No I would not like to read your mind set . Like you said prefer heavy rock and roll alcohol and drugs to God . You are predisposed to disallow all that opposes your life style and I'm sure the rule of law is included . To admit there is a Satan would preclude that God exist and you can't have that . Party on dude but you will pay the bill in the end .

Where exactly did I say those things? I do like Rock Music, but not "Heavy Metal," and I did delve deeply into alcohol and drugs back in the 80s. I love how you judge me so. That feel good, does it? As for paying the bill for past transgressions, I do that every single day. In a few days I have to lay down for yet another surgery. Living in this Hell with all of the Christians demons is hard on a soul. But! You all will not keep me here.
My ship approaches as I speak, friend. Have fun in your Afterlife, if you are allowed to even have one. Judgmental, and angry people usually just get recycled into new soul material.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Lose the names "God" and "Satan". It doesn't matter what you call what is the creator of life and what is the opposer of life.

The creator is the creator and the opposer is the opposer.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

He told the scribes and pharisees that their father was the devil. But it was more of a slam to them, basically telling them their mothers had sex with satan.

edit on 1-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Better watch your god, he seems to be a dirty old man that sneaks around to have sex with virgins.

Must be why all the sex scandals happen in the Catholic Church, as they do the same thing!
edit on 1-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Plus, he likes to make test tube babies and mess with humanity

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Okay.
Please check your U2U inbox.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

For one, Lucifer doesnt mean "light bringer" it means "light BEARER".

Intriguing. Do you know what carries light in Physics? Space-Time. Space-Time is the carrier of light.
edit on 1-6-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

For one, Lucifer doesnt mean "light bringer" it means "light BEARER".

Intriguing. Do you know what carries light in Physics? Space-Time. Space-Time is the carrier of light.

Yes of course. Space isn't technically an empty vaccum afterall. Also light only appears as a particle when we are observing it, it reverts to a wave when we stop looking at it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Okay.
Please check your U2U inbox.

Sure friend, let me do that when I get home.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Also light only appears as a particle when we are observing it, it reverts to a wave when we stop looking at it.

Yes, but only according to Quantum Theory of physics, which I have a hard time (as Einstein did) agreeing with.
(about PM) Please do take your time, for I am in no hurry. Life is to be enjoyed, each moments of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You have misread what Jesus said !Text Jesus told the Pharisees that they say that they are Jews but are the sons of Satan . I'm pretty sure he was saying that they were not of God and serving Satan as some preachers do today . If you had really read the passage within the context intended you would know that . You would also know that the nation of Israel was destroyed by king Nebuchadnezzar along with those who opposed the determination of God for Israels transgressions . Those who did not fight against the Assyrians lived and were taken back to be made part of or adopted into the the Assyrian Empire as was Daniel . Those Pharisees may have mixed bloodlines from the original Jewish blood line . They did not want to relinquish their power and meal ticket to Jesus who did not vanquish the Romans from their land . There is also an Ashkenazi Jew who may have been a convert Jew by the Khazar Kings decree . An example of this is the Rothschild s who were originally the Almschel Bauer's

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Well, Satan is called, "The God of this World," and did not Jesus tell his people their Father was in fact Satan? So, when one says, "Heavenly Father," one is actually praying to Satan?

Yeah, you're right.

" You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father! " - John 8:44

Yup, the heavenly father is Satan according to The Bible, he is "prince of the air".

"in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient." - Ephesians 2:2

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right.

" You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father! " - John 8:44

Yup, the heavenly father is Satan according to The Bible, he is "prince of the air".

"in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient." - Ephesians 2:2
I suppose you have basic reading comprehension skills, I could be wrong . You might want to re-read that chapter .It's funny how you reply for autowrench . I've never seen that trick before !

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I am not answering anything FOR him. You basically said "you can't believe in Satan without God", I said "Yes you can because people do, they see him as the creator", then he quoted us and I responded. Do YOU have any reading comprehension skills?

I love how Christians know deep down that they don't believe in the bible, even though the bible clearly says something they try to change it to match the beliefs they already have...

With conflicting rules such as God saying "An Eye for and Eye and a Tooth for a Tooth" and Jesus saying "Turn the other cheek instead of doing the eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth thing". People can just pick and choose whatever they like.

The Bible clearly calls Satan "prince of air" and said that he is the "father" of some people so when they say "Heavenly Father" they could indeed be praying to Satan.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join