It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan vs God - Which do you prefer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Negative ! Lets say you turn on your computer switch . The circuits in it require negative and positive polarity voltage for it to operate . Because you have facilitated this disparity in polarity does not make you negative . You have just enabled the reaction . Not all of the current flow will end up on your monitor , but all of the current flow is needed to produce the end result .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
IMO Satan represents evil, wrong actions, temptation, ignorance and mans inner struggle with duality.

I consider Satan to be a manufactured metaphor to explain the natural events that occur.

I consider God to be the unifying force that exists in all things throughout the Universe and connects us all.

God is everything and everyone. A Universal consciousness. I don't consider the God of the Bible to be an accurate representation.

The entire Universe and the laws of physics that bring order to chaos is more accurate IMO.

God is balance and perfect harmony.

We have light and dark. From our perspective, as primitive humans, a shark in the ocean or tiger in the jungle eats a baby. We considered that a demon and evil. When in reality it was a hungry animal.

If you really wish to separate good and evil.

What do you prefer life or death?

Does God represent life and Satan re[resent death?

Or perhaps Life represents Satan and death is closer to God?

It is your own choice. It is speculation based on your own personal perspectives and experiences.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Now let us create man in our image . God the Father God the Son and the Holy Ghost they are one yet they are the Trinity . And we are made in their image .
Lucifer , the False Prophet and the Beast are one also in effect .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are not understanding what the fruit of knowledge is spoken about in the Bible. It's not academics, the knowledge is about how to control resources and exploit people within a system of enslavement that creates slaves by seducing them into becoming wholly dependent to a system of obligatory controls such as debt, tribal loyalty aka parasitism and lack of travel freedoms aka financial options, constructed around them like a prison. The prison walls are to make you feel safe. The fruit of knowledge instructs you on how to convince people to give up freedoms and independence for the feeling of security. If you can get people to give of liberty for security then you have feed them the whole fruit. Babyloniansm, a protection racket.

You think in terms of a Dan Brown novel. That's pure fantasy. Fantastically blinding. It's how people get distracted and eaten by wolves in the wilderness of expert slavers taught by serpents instructing them on how to tell believable lies to people like you and me. It's how we all get hooked on materialism and personal ego indebted to the wolves. Because the wolves provide stuff on credit to us and give us a feeling of acceptance and belonging within the pack. We even are willing to die for them in fighting their oil wars and believe its all for freedom even though we have less and less everyday. Now that's some tasty fruit..., but for only a wolf to taste.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
IMO Satan represents evil, wrong actions, temptation, ignorance and mans inner struggle with duality.

I consider Satan to be a manufactured metaphor to explain the natural events that occur.

I consider God to be the unifying force that exists in all things throughout the Universe and connects us all.

God is everything and everyone. A Universal consciousness. I don't consider the God of the Bible to be an accurate representation.

The entire Universe and the laws of physics that bring order to chaos is more accurate IMO.

God is balance and perfect harmony.

We have light and dark. From our perspective, as primitive humans, a shark in the ocean or tiger in the jungle eats a baby. We considered that a demon and evil. When in reality it was a hungry animal.

If you really wish to separate good and evil.

What do you prefer life or death?

Does God represent life and Satan re[resent death?

Or perhaps Life represents Satan and death is closer to God?

It is your own choice. It is speculation based on your own personal perspectives and experiences.

Man's struggle with duality, please explain?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Very well said.....God did a very good job when he made you....♥

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

By duality I mean we are part physical beings and part spiritual beings. When our energy existed as pure energy we are one with the Universe. We existed purely as spiritual beings in the ethereal plane.

As physical beings part of our spirit inhabits our bodies but part of our spirit still also exist as part of the whole. We struggle to accept our separation from the Ultimate source. We naturally want to return to our original nature and be whole again.

This separation also appears in other forms. Male and female for example. We are separated beings but long to become one with each other again. This desire is part of our sex drive. In having children our two separate parts become one again.

Duality also takes on the forms of light and dark. We must sleep and replenish our spiritual nature and reconnect with the ethereal World.

We are in a sense torn between two Worlds. This physical World which we enjoy and get to explore the Wonders of our physical beings and the beauty of the Universe. But we also still miss something. We long to be home again where we are one with the Universe. This push/pull that some people feel. How we are confused so often being torn between two ideals. Creates a frustration in us. We are angry at ourselves.

This is where good and evil come into play. We choose what we reject of our own nature. We decide what is good and what is evil. Although we are actually rejecting a part of ourselves that needs to be nurtured.

The inner child. The inner child in us throws a tantrum. We behave badly. We sometimes rejects this part of our nature and call it evil. But instead the inner child must be taught by our higher self to control our emotions and learn patience and restraint. As spiritual being we don't experience this fluctuations. We are in balance with nature. The yin/yang is a good representation of the natural balance of the Universe.

Energy has polarity. Positive and negative. But as physical beings we must learn to control these forces where before it was impossible for us to be any thing other than balanced. Whether we reject our negative side or nurture it creates a inner battle sometimes. As physical beings we strive to live in the positive energies.

The day time and the Sun give us our strength and we feel safe. The night is cold, we fear being attacked by the other animals. The idea of evil developed out of fear of the night and being eaten. Once we calm our fears and teach ourselves to overcome the darkness. We feel empowered. Just as if we nurture our negative side and teach ourselves to be more positive. We again become empowered.

But yet we still struggle with this. Because no matter how hard we try we will always have a negative side to our nature. Some people wish to develop their negative side more than the positive. Or if we reject our negative side in grows inside us to become a monster or inner demons.

Accepting our negative side but acting on our positive side is best of course. What I call our negative side is not necessarily evil. It is our warrior side. The side that protects us from harm. The side that lives in fear. The side that makes us cautious and not trusting always.

There are many manifestations of duality. Hot and cold, fire and water, Earth and Air. Man and woman, light and dark. As physical beings good and evil exist in a sense. But as pure energy there is no such thing as good and evil. There are many metaphors for this and many stories that detail our struggle with duality.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dualism (from the Latin word duo meaning "two") denotes a state of two parts. The term 'dualism' was originally coined to denote co-eternal binary opposition, a meaning that is preserved in metaphysical and philosophical duality discourse but has been diluted in general or common usages. Dualism can refer to moral dualism, (e.g. the conflict between good and evil), mind-body or mind-matter dualism (e.g. Cartesian Dualism) or physical dualism (e.g. the Chinese Yin and Yang).

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Very well said.....God did a very good job when he made you....♥

Thank you babe. ♥

God did a great job with you too.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
reply to post by arpgme

Lucifer being a light bringer is not much different than god in many ways, reaches back to Mesopotamia some say. So in fact with that being the case God in the Christian sense is Lucifer in many ways, just two different forms of god. So I would say choosing one or the other in that case is in fact choosing god. That is my opinion.

Edit: Lucifer is simply the light bringer or the morning star, and matches with Marduk.
edit on 5/29/1212 by Golithion because: Brain fart.

Wrong! Not light "bringer" but light "BEARer", meaning he bears the light. Or originally was created to. "Lucifer" is a Latinized name. His actual name is Heylel which means " crescent moon". Morning Star is a name Christ reserves for Himself in the book of Revelation. Be careful NOT to get the two confused. The moon isn't a star, and its a significant celestial body in that its completely incapible of creating it's own light it can only reflect the light of the sun.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Is it really possible to fully accept Satan (Knowledge) without God (Emotion/Love)?

Satan didn't bring knowledge into our lives, he brought the knowledge of good and evil. The Satanic agenda is to have you believe that God's masterpiece isn't acceptable.

By bringing dualistic interpretations of the world, there is a split of like and dislike. Love is made conditional.

Satan is the liar. Good and evil are subjective and therefore, not objectively true.

Satan is the opposer. Satan opposes God by opposing creation by a belief that there is an unacceptable creation.

It is by his ways that you are destroyed.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ok, I'm agnostic so lets just say I looked at both sides of the coin and what I found, in my opinion, is this. God wanted to keep total controle over Adam and Eve. Keep them in ignorance and ultimatly rule over mankind with an iron fist. And that was prooven time and again in the bible. Now, Satan gave Adam and Eve knowledge, the capability to rule over themselves with out the "Safety" of God. Satan gave them the freedom to evolve, to choose their own path. Don't you think what God imposed over Adam and Eve is very simular to what the major governments of the world is doing to their own people? They take your freedoms away to ensure security. Security from who? Do as God says are he will smite you. - Do as the government says are they will smite you. Very modster like, don't you think? If you lool at the original "Satan" he was very "green". Pray to the Earth, the animals. Do what you will but take care of Earth. This gave us the liberty to choose our own path. To learn from our mistakes and move forward in a very organic manner. But unfortunatly there are some of us that feel a little too godlike in this world.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hi Arpgme

I don't think that everything has to fall into a duality. There is a state of neutral too!

There is no real division between the two concepts except for what you believe are cause to be divisions. It's sort of like that old adage, two sides of the same coin. Or reminiscent of Two Face in the Batman comics. You stated:

Most Christians follow The Bible and refuse Knowledge because this is what Satan gave and it is evil, but Christians do not fully reject knowledge because they still learn to read and write and go to school.

I was always of the belief that it was not "knowledge" that was evil, but the disobedience of not following the law. Why should any Christian reject knowledge when God never withheld it in the first place? Knowledge is not synonymous with the devil. Perhaps, we were meant to come upon our knowledge naturally and in our own time, so that we are responsible and careful with our knowledge. Satan is a representation of the perversion of that knowledge. Of learning knowledge where it is not deserved. Of misusing knowledge to cause pain. Of cheating and then expecting dad to bail you out.

The serpent is an obvious Trickster archtype, here comes the spiritual Trickster showing all the cards in the deck and forcing us humans out of the Garden because we don't know how to hold our s**t together learning so much crap so quickly. Sounds like the serpent got just what he wanted, humans out of paradise. Doesn't matter if the serpent had to leave too, at least we couldn't be there anymore.

I guess I don't look at it in the same way at all. Here we have God. Omniscience. Inclusive of everything. Then we have a myriad of creatures. We EVEN have angels and leviathans and behemoths. And we have us. Biblically we have excepted "mediated" sources (prophets) that tell this story that didn't effect just mankind, but all of the creatures and races of beings of the Universe. I don't see monotheism. I guess I see - Universalism.

A statement was made that God was a brutal dictator. I can remember when I looked on the idea that all of the death in the name of religion should be laid at dad's doorstep. Sooner or later we all have to grow up and spiritually take responsibility for our own wickedness. Mankind does not need any supernatural being to help us along. We are capable of every wicked, depraved thing imaginable.

If there is a beginning and source to it all, don't you think it's likely busy? Why is our story the only one unfolding? Perhaps in another part of the Universe - circling an unknown star, on some beautiful planet Aldari was just destroyed by an extinction event - and now millions of species that existed on that planet need to be relocated if possible. (Rescued by Arcs and the Angels who operate them) Perhaps, just perhaps, a devastating supernova is about to explode and take with it two planets with intelligent life? Just hypothetically. All I am saying is - the Universe is a big place and the Bible even says, more exists in the Universe than just us.

I think that everything is much bigger than we realize. At least from my perspective and sources, which are all personal experience. This is of course, without saying, deifying the concept of God to the extreme! I don't tend to believe God is an actual being walking around and giving orders. I like Odin better anyways. S&F

edit on 30-5-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: sense

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
First I will say that I am not a Christian. I do not follow any religion. And I am by no means a bible scholar.

I don't believe the bible is meant to be taken so literally. These are stories and metaphors for life.

The story of Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eden, God and the Serpent. Is a fable about resisting temptation and doing what you know is the right thing to do.

When "Satan" tempted Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He made her feel like she was missing out on something special. That she was being denied something that should be hers.

This is teaching selfishness and greed. He turned her against Gods will. This is teaching to go against your family, your father, against authority and law.

Adam and Eve were happy and fulfilled in the Garden. They had everything they needed and they were not stupid. They were innocent. They had never done wrong. The knowledge that Satan gave them was knowing what it felt like to be WRONG.

As soon as they ate the fruit. They felt shame. They felt disobedient. They felt regret and they felt sorrow. Apply this to our own lives now. It suggests that young people follow the correct path or they may regret it later in life. How many of us wish we had listened to our parents and our teachers and feel we wasted time with foolish childhood activities. Hindsight is 20/20.

Instead of being patient and trusting our parents. Most children think they know better and go for the impulse behavior. Seek danger and excitement. Don't care about learning and talk back to teachers.

"Knowledge" doesn't always equal something good or beneficial. Do you need to know what it feels like to kill? The knowledge that Satan gave Adam and Eve was corrupt knowledge. It reduced their potential not increased it.

These are the lessons that I take from the story.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The Satanic Agenda Revealed:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Satan vs God - Which do you prefer?

Neither one. Both are made up beings of Church Dogma, designed to control people and keep the money flowing. Also, both the God and Satan of Christianity are fairly new in the scope of history, as is the Draconian Church itself.

If one is having trouble with this, and feels the must make a choice, let's look at the two in reflection, shall we? Let's take a hard look at who has killed more humans, God, or Satan?
I've counted up God's many killings in the Bible. But I only included those that said exactly how many were killed by God. I came up with 2,476,633. That didn't include some of God's most impressive slaughters. How many did God drown in the flood or burn to death in Sodom and Gomorrah? How many first-born Egyptians did he kill? The Bible doesn't say, so there's no way to know for sure. But it's possible to provide rough estimates in order to get a grand total, and that's what I'm attempting here.

Estimated Deaths Attributed to God:
25 million.

Here is a website with a breakdown of God's murders:
How many has God killed? (Complete list and estimated total)

How many humans has Satan/Devil killed? Not a single one. Prove me wrong.

Now Jesus said that the devil "was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44).
Is this a statement of truth, or is it in fact a bold faced lie? Did Satan lie to Eve in the Garden? Who did Satan murder?
I sometimes think the religious crowd are brainwashed, if you really look at the contradictions of their beliefs.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That puts me in mind of Oberon Zell's continuous rant "The serpent never lied! The serpent never lied!"

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by autowrench

That puts me in mind of Oberon Zell's continuous rant "The serpent never lied! The serpent never lied!"

Well, it's absolutely true, if the Bible is to be believed. I didn't make this up, look for yourself.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I honestly can not tell the difference between the two and don't see why I can't have anything to do with either of. God is a piece of crap to me, so is Satan. I don't see why people have to be put in hell and tortured for all eternity simply for not believing in God and not worshiping him. I can't stand this attitude that you can't be a good person if you don't worship and obey God. Those are tyrannical choices to me. I hope there's something better than that God junk. There's got.

You can spin it any way you want to, but putting people in hell not because they're an evil person eating the entrails of children as opposed to a paramedic who saves dozens of lives in their lifetimes, but because they simply don't believe and don't worship is an act of a tyrant to me.

Of course, people will support this notion, but intelligent people see right through this farce.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hmm ! Good question, which must be seen as hypothetical, as neither God or Satan have been proven to be anything other than products of human imagination...

Based on their respective qualities, I,d have to say somewhere in between the two...?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join