It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan vs God - Which do you prefer?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you read the bible you could see that the worlds current events were prophesied 2000 years ago and that lends credibility to the bible . Have you read the Sumerians writing and can you show they are real or have credibility ?
The problem is that you have issues that will not let you endorse the bible . Be honest with yourself and answer what would I have to change in my life if I were to follow Jesus . Of course that would unconscionable to you .
You will likely look to the bible for answers when Agenda 21 and the implanted RFID chip hits you in the rear .

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Originally posted by autowrench
How many humans has Satan/Devil killed? Not a single one. Prove me wrong.

Satan has caused the death of every human who has ever lived.

"...secular ideologies were responsible for the murder of 100 million innocent people during the last century." Source

The Illuminazi terrorists have used lies and propaganda to cause the world to believe that Religion is the cause of wars and death. In reality THEY are the ones are the ones behind the scenes manipulating ALL world events.

They are ALSO the creators of ALL the false religions which they use to blame it all on.

Atheists kill people in such vastly greater numbers than any religion EVER

"And the much greater persecution of priests and believers
in 20th Century Atheist tyrannies clearly demonstrates
the murderous anti-theism of Atheists."

"Then you explain why they kill people in such vastly greater numbers
than any religion EVER HAS in all of history!?"

• Russian Civil War (1917-22): 7 to 10 million
• Soviet Union, Stalin's regime (1924-53): 20 million
• People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong's regime (1949-1975): 44 to 72 million

Source

Nobody has died because of religion. When people "kill in the name of religion," they're actually going against what religion teaches.

A man could claim to be killing in the name of Mickey Mouse -- but that is a bad reflection on the man, not on Mickey Mouse.

Atheist Communist regimes, meanwhile, have killed over 100 million of their own people (and that's a conservative number) in just the last 100 years.

They didn't do it in the name of atheism, precisely, but their killing is not going against what atheism teaches. Because atheism, in essence, teaches nothing. Whenever atheism has been installed as the Official State Religion, the state in question has always given itself permission to do unspeakable things. Always.

When God is not, as Dostoyevsky wrote, anything is permitted.

Link

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

That is your interpretation of the old book, trying to apply it to messed up things of today to give it some sort of credibility.

You don't have to change anything to be a Christian, the bible says that you are saved by GRACE not works, and by believing in Jesus, not by doing good things. So you wouldn't have to change anything technically. Then again, there are many contradictions in the bible, and I'm sure you can try to refute what I said about the bible from the bible... which ANOTHER bible verse...

reply to post by Murgatroid

Impossible to kill in the name of atheism. What will you say? "I kill you in the name of no gods"? Doesn't make sense. People do kill in the name of God and Jesus though, and other religions...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To be a critic of the Bible and of the faith in Jesus shouldn't you actually spend some tine reading the Bible . I know that you probably read science fiction . You watch sitcoms . What could it hurt to actually read in depth the bible . You would see some things that you don't now looking from the outside. The trick is in depth , most everybody went to church and read at the bible . Man has written books about electricity and radiation . . They didn't create it , you can't see or smell it , and unless you become involved with it you would never know it exist .

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I did read it and there are many contradictions that I saw with my own two eyes, and even things that do not make sense. At the time I was reading it, I wasn't even critical. I was a believer. There are contradictions in there whether you want to believe it or not. There are forgeries in there whether you want to believe it or not. Your "faith" does not change reality. If God exist, then he is reality, right? Well, if someone is telling you to believe things that are not in reality, then you are not having a clear perspective of God anyway.

It is very questionable, the person who put The Book of Revelations in the bible. This book was put in the bible at least 200 years after Jesus supposedly lived, and even putting it in the bible was a struggle because The Christians at the time did not see that book as 'inspired', but The Church, made the final call to put it in and whoever didn't like it was killed. The Roman Catholic church, put the bible together, yes, I know they did not write the books, but they still chose them, ignored the ones they didn't like, VOTED on what God said, and put it together. Constantine even admitted that he wanted to 'conquer' in the name of religion. Christianity was just a weapon for the Romans to gain power and those who did not accept were put to death. This is also why Christianity has so many Pagan religious roots, such as Jesus being called "Kings of Kings" and "Son of God" and "Alpha and Omega", these were titles for other gods before the bible was written. The idea of The Bread and Wine was stolen and so was the Resurrection, Baptism, and Final Judgment idea in the bible. All stolen.

The Church destroyed libraries and books with knowledge in it. Censorship of books was happening even as recent as the 1800's. The Church killed someone for saying that The Earth is round, just because The Bible says that angels sit at The four CORNERS (like a flat square) of The Earth.

The Bible, MAY, have SOME truth in it, but it is definitely NOT 100% true, and over time some things changed in it, so it is not the eternal' word of any god. If you still want to believe in it as such, you are simply in denial and I'm not sure what else to say....

This is like trying to convince someone that the volcano god does not exist just because they are scared of getting burned by fire. They want please the god, and be a slave to it. They throw their valuables in the fire-top not realizing it is for no reason. How sad.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

When you say 'love' do you mean the human emotion that we call 'love'?

Or do you mean a conscious love for all that is?

If you are talking about conscious love then, in my opinion, you can't comprehend or have a conscious love without knowledge. I'm not talking about an intellectual knowledge...

Gnobody

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Believe what you will for now , you have a little time before the truth comes out . Your world is soon coming to a screaming halt as Israel and Russia/ Iran is about to go to war . This could easily cause a gas/ oil price spike that will shut down America and collapse our economy . When the semi trucks stop running how will that affect you? No food , medicine cigarettes .

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join