It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Officially Has Been Qualified For Nomination!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by McTurbo
he better bow out gracefully?

seriously.. its an election this whole premise of lets elect the guy that can win not the guy that supports our values or concerns is utter bull#. i will not vote for romney i dont care if that means obama wins a 2nd term obviously if he does it means he had a better campaign. this voting to win just for the sake of the win is a travesty of the justice system and is the reason we have a broken 2 party system. they arnt dealing with issues anymore they are just voting to win reguardless of how we the people feel about that vote.

maybe its in you to compromise yourself and your values so that you can get some hollow victory. ill stand by my man paul and what he stands for even if i dont agree with it all. he represents the best of what we are looking for in a president without looking us in the eye and lying blatently. he tells us things we dont like or dont approve of but by god i can stand by the man as he sticks to his convictions.

romney will simply be another failed president thats helping his buddies, we just had 2 bad presidents in a row.. lets not make it 3.

You are awesome! I believe your mindset is the way our forefathers intended us to think. I couldn't agree with you more.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Romney is spending millions to stop the Ron Paul delegate strategy and it ain't workin.

Also, delegates are not bound per 2010 national gop rules and those rules are still in effect in 2012.

Ron Paul winning the majority of the MA state delegates so far makes Romney very scared, Ron Paul is taking delegates where nobody is expecting and none of them are bound.

Thats a huge middle finger to the media and the Romney camp.
edit on 5-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

You know what definitely trumps state law? The Constitution. Amendment One.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Romney is spending millions to stop the Ron Paul delegate strategy and it ain't workin.

Also, delegates are not bound per 2010 national gop rules and those rules are still in effect in 2012.

Ron Paul winning the majority of the MA state delegates so far makes Romney very scared, Ron Paul is taking delegates where nobody is expecting and none of them are bound.

The first order of business of any new parliamentary body is to adopt new rules.
The rules will mean simply this, Ron Paul loses.
Get ready to celebrate Romney's nomination with the confetti and ballons dropping.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by eLPresidente

The first order of business of any new parliamentary body is to adopt new rules.
The rules will mean simply this, Ron Paul loses.
Get ready to celebrate Romney's nomination with the confetti and ballons dropping.

Sorry but Ron Paul is destroying Romney at the conventions - I am watching Nevada live right now and RP supporters are COMPLETELY controlling the floor. Romney's fight is nearing its end, and you better believe that the hard count delegates is spin.
edit on 5/5/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

They'd need a majority to get that far. Not saying it'll be one way or the other, just not to count the chickens while the eggs are in the incubator.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The states with the largest numbers of delegates are still up in the air. Only half the states have even held state conventions.
Speculate all you desire.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by antar

I have been waiting on this to become a formal announcement. I am a state delegate in Iowa and we have taken over the GOP. I am waiting to find out if i am going to the National Convention. We have ll been told from day one that Ron Paul can't win. I convinced my precinct to vote for him anyway. We had to deal with an attempt by the GOP to steal the county away from us. We resisted and continued against the MSM propaganda. We took District and managed to take all the seats on the committees including the Central Committee, Nominating Committee, and the Committee for the planks. When people are committed and do their small part collectively we are unstoppable. The momentum is growing. We are this close to proving not only that we can win but are winning. No one can stop a movement whose time has come. The time is now and we will be victorious.

One little pinprick in your ballooon and it is deflated, which will happen at the start of the national convention.
The only balloons that you will be staring at is victory balloons falling on Romney. It is the will of the voters not the will of a few thugs, the American way. God Bless America.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The "voters" at the RNC will be the delegates. You still don't get that yet?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
if romney supporters amount to a two-thirds majority of the delegates, then they won't need to change the rules, but if they don't account for half, then they can't change the rules anyhow.
edit on 5-5-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

So the "hard" "bound" delegate count won't even matter at that point. It would come down to who truly supports romney.
edit on 5-5-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And we're talking about this guy, mind you...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
assuming Ron doesn't get the 'government briefing' and turn on everything he spoke about and for...

GO RON!!

The American people need to know and vote where their tax money goes, not this ominous black hole of dollars it is now.

Stop war, stop the seeking of oil, promote smart intelligent business and provide some lucrative jobs on US soil!

also slap the banks, they are there to HELP us not SCREW us.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912

The "voters" at the RNC will be the delegates. You still don't get that yet?

Acclamation will make the room the voters and the chairman the judge of who is louder in the room.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Acclamation specifically requires zero dissent. Have you read Robert's Rules?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Alxandro
That's great new, more power to him.
.. but if and when he loses he better bow out gracefully and not decide to run as an Independent, otherwise Obama will surely win re-election.

Maybe that's been the plan all along and Paul is being used as a pawn?

That is definately a possibillity. If you look up the "Blue Republicans" they have their own website which organized Dems to back Ron Paul to throw a wrench in the GOP machinery.

There is a big factor you must consider though, Ron Paul has a son who is a legitimate contender in the GOP and has a very bright possible future in the Party. I don't think Ron Paul wants to throw him under the bus and he always said he takes all support from anywhere so those Blue repubs he would have taken no problem to further his cause. His cause may be to start a movement that his son can build on. Paul may be content with a prime speaking spot ant the convention and a nominal position in the Romney Administration.

I dont think Ron Paul's potential independant run will hurt Rand. Rand won't run for president until at least 2020. Byposition then, people wouldn't factor his dad's independant run. Also, Ron Paul would not accept a cabinet position from Romney. He's come this far, he wouldn't give in now.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Okay, see, acclamation, as the rules stand, require only one nominee. That's in Robert's Rules as well as the National Republican Rules. In order to get around that clause, they'd have to suspend the rules, and they have to have a two-thirds majority to even suspend the rules. Nothing allows them to call a voice vote for suspension, only for acclamation. Therefore the motion to suspend would require majority in favor, and that's before they can even get to an acclamation vote.

ETA: and "the room" as the voters? No, sir. Only the delegates and delegates-at-large are the voting power at the RNC. That's in the by-laws which can only be suspended if the alternate terms are proposed 2 months before the convention occurs... I'd suggest you read all the relevant rules and rule books for yourself before going with the speculative proposition of a math teacher on thegreenpapers...
edit on 6-5-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

ETA: Upon a second look at the RNC rules, it doesn't specify only one nominee. My mistake. That clause pertains to the Vice Presidential nominee. Let's say an acclamation vote does get called. What happened at the 2008 Democratic National Convention was a sham in terms of how the procedure should be handled. Clinton, herself (who undoubtedly was trailing far behind Obama in delegates), made the motion. Of course, there was no objection nor calling out of the secretary for not following proper procedure.
Unless Ron Paul, himself, was to make the motion at the RNC later this year, I guarantee you it would be a completely different process.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
PRESIDENT PAUL!
no telling how many delegates he has at this point.
this is his year.
"nobody can stop an idea whose time has come." - RON PAUL
time for romney to throw his support behind RON PAUL.

figures the vid has been pulled

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think this is good, though I think he won't be able to do much if he was elected, but I'd like to the NWO cringe when he/ if he gets elected!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It sucks to see that the video account was terminated, but nice to hear anyways! I hope RP wins and puts this country back on track!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublimy99
I think this is good, though I think he won't be able to do much if he was elected, but I'd like to the NWO cringe when he/ if he gets elected!

Every previous EO deemed Unconstitutional overturned, the FED renewal after 100yrs denied, and a you say he can't do much?

These are all within the powers of the President.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join