It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
LOL I noticed there's no shortage of haters who lump gays with pedos and beastiality every change they get.

Usually in these threads someone says why not allow a man to marry a goat if he can marry another man.

They're obviously throwing the discussion off on the tangent away from their own sexism and genderism, as opposition to gay marriage objectively is sex/gender discrimination - plain and simple.

You are either forced to marry the opposite sex, or you have the freedom of CHOICE of gender. Which one is it, land of the free and equal?

And as some people are born intersex (1 in 300 or something like that), it's even more important that society accomodate their right to live in an equal partnering with the love of their life as mainstream 'straight' people certainly are afforded.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Who is she denying?

All that she is saying is that her opinion differs from yours

She is using her belief to deny rights to other.

That is more then just having an opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I was simply stating that I believe homosexuality is wrong, I also believe pedophilia is wrong. I did not in any way lump them together. I was making a point that I do teach my children according to my beliefs and that is not being intolerant. It is simply educating my children on what I deem is inappropriate behavior. Some people do believe that pedophilia is completely acceptable, it is rampant in other countries. I would appreciate it if you would not twist my words. What I have written is not difficult to understand.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You have asked me to leave you alone, I agreed to do that and yet you insist on saying "she" this and "she" that. Everyone can look back over this post and see exactly what I have said without your slant on what I have said.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
She is using her belief to deny rights to other.

That is more then just having an opinion.

Well no she's not, or at least not as far as you know
has she stated that she voted or rallied at anti-gay demonstrations?
where's the action item?

To deny is a very strong word.

But before any of that nobody can deny a right that isn't a right to begin with.
This is just controversy and you'll just have all your swords out swinging around blindly in a never ending debate.

But if you read my OP a solution is there!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

www.state.gov...

Article 16

1. Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

2. Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.

3. The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

Everyone has these rights. It cannot be denied. It is Special rights that are on the agenda here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
I would appreciate it if you would not twist my words. What I have written is not difficult to understand.

Why are you submitting your personal beliefs for public policy?

IC

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Well the term special rights can be very abstract

But my point was that even though it's officially a right, it's not a human right philosophically

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I am submitting my personal beliefs for the same reason you are. I feel that it is important that my beliefs be heard. Isn't that why anyone would join a debate? To be heard, to be acknowledged? What do you mean about public policy?? Have a submitted to a vote that I am unaware of?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

My belief is that blonde women with blue eyes are unnatural and should not be able to marry,,, they are dumb and set a bad example for my children... i want my belief made law.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Also FYI I have a friend that is getting married, both are catholic
apparently they had some type of marriage training they had to go through and learnt that the catholic church will not marry you if you have no intention to pro-create

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As exemplified in the above statute,

Marriage between consenting adults either discriminates based on sex(gender) - or it doesn't.

Personal belief systems on the other hand, make it personal and subjective.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I'm extremely happy then, that I have green eyes

Why must you revert to name calling? Have I called you dumb? Have I called you any name at all? Why can't people debate without belittling the person they are debating?? Your intelligence level is showing.

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by IanPaul
Someone can have a belief without being hateful or ill-minded and that is what is not being recognized.

I personally do not consider fighting for equal rights of a minority - - a belief.

I've also stated I know people who do not support Homosexuality for religious reasons - - - but still support the right for Gays to marry - - - because that's about Equal Rights - - - and they are intelligent and open minded enough to know the difference.

When a belief is used to deny Equal Rights - - - that is a prejudice and yes that is Bigotry. No matter how one tries to sugar coated.

There is a difference between personal belief - - - and using that belief to deny Equal Rights.

OK, yes I agree it is not a belief, equal rights should be extended to all human beings. Having said that, I believe that gay couples should be able to enjoy the legal rights that married couples can. But as the OP recommended, let the church decide to perform a "marriage" or whatever they want to call it.

link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

www.state.gov...

Article 16

1. Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

2. Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.

3. The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

Everyone has these rights. It cannot be denied. It is Special rights that are on the agenda here.

You do know that race was added in there for a reason. "Special" rights for interracial marriages. All you have to do now is add in "without any limitation due to race, sexual orientation, nationality or religion". Easy peasy.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
I believe that hinduism goes against the natural ways of the universe,, i dont hate them,, but they are wrong and should not be aloud to do what they want,, certainly cant marry each other,, and they are idiots,, you suck.

But you aren't Hindu, so why would you petition something at a hindu temple?

I know it's sarcasm but your sarcasm has zero logic

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What a funny situation we have here

I've created multiple threads here in the Social Issues section of ATS

And guess who are the most confrontational?
The ones who say that either I am a troll or I created such and such thread for attention.

Those very same people are the perfect definition of what they allegedly condemn

It happens all the time and boggles my mind every time.

Those who label themselves as open-minded are never able to have a mature debate

What does that meannnnnn??????

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I said all I needed to say in earlier posts...... nothing should be needed to say,.... maybe 4 or so words..... gays should be able to marry........ thats it!!!! i will name call,, im very angry with your stupidity.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join