It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stronger Booms Heard In Clintonville

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Stronger Booms Heard In Clintonville

www.fox11online.com

The booming and shaking continues in Clintonville.

Clintonville police say they received about 65 calls Tuesday night, from people reporting three or four loud booms. Officials say the calls came in from 10:35 until 11:40 p.m.

Authorities say the reports came from the same part of the city that has been experiencing the booms for more than a week, but there were also some reports farther west, including Clinton Avenue. Several callers told police that these booms were stronger than those fro
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sooooooooooo... who were the chumps making jokes saying it was a one-time 1.5 mag earthquake... that was determined to be a 1.5 mag earthquake 86 HOURS after it happened. Don't worry, the seismologists @ UW are right on top of it.

/sarcasm

Ok, I am somewhat familiar with the area. Don't believe it was a one-and-done thing up there. People saying the booms are getting stronger. Does that means the elitist tunnel borers are getting closer? People tunneling out of the inner Earth? More ice melting and water trickling into granite creating slippage on a mass scale? A Mass effect 3 viral marketing campaign? Trumpets of God? TELL ME PEOPLE!!!! lol

I have NO IDEA now what's going on...but it's still pretty intriguing. Sound off!!!

www.fox11online.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I still haven't seen any actual evidence of the booms. I watched the live feed and heard nothing , and it seems no one has come forward with video or audio. Why is that? I see town hall meetings, news reports, witness statements, but no one bother's to record it?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Are you suggesting mass hysteria?

Furthermore, if the booms are intermittent... i don't think people are walking around with cameras hoping to hear "BOOM"... hence the lack of vids. Is the live feed saved anywhere? Maybe it could've been recorded. Will be interesting when the seismology reports come out. Wasnt there a thread about a live feed for the seismographs?
Maybe someone can check?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Sounds like the booms were sudden and intermittent rather than 'starting up and continuing for a while' but yeah, it'd be nice to hear a recording of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyray

I'm not implying anything. It just seems odd that with all the concerns and people coming forward not one person has bothered to capture it ? On video or just audio?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Last month there were a series of three tremendous booms emanating from Israel which shook windows and were heard in Amman. The government had to respond and the official explanation was mine clearing by the IDF in the Jordan Valley. Except these were HUGE. Some said testing of bunk busters ahead of an attack on Iran.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes, people may not be able to hear the rumbling as well during the day, but surely they'd still notice the shaking if it were occuring in the daytime hours?

As for audio:

edit on 28-3-2012 by calendula because: Trying to get this video on here.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Just checkin', brah. Mean what you say and say what you mean... should be the internet golden rule.

I know the seismology thread stated he had the ability to look at the graphs in real-time. It would be a cool idea to set up live feed audio/visual station or two. Would certainly go a long way towards quashing claims of a hoax or anything else tangential to the issue.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Will the mainstream media keep the coverage now, or it will simply be ignored this time?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by calendula

Ask and i shall receive!!! ^^^^^^ THANKS FOR THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What I wonder is why the woman who lead the press conference first said it wasn't an earthquake and then a week later said it was. How did it take that long to determine? When we've had small quakes like that here in Illinois they call it a quake usually the same day, what was it about this one that was hard to determine? And does one quake usually have an effect for days beforehand, or is that rare?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

FELLOW ILLINOISIAN!!!!!!!!

Thanks for a little bit o first person experience. IMHO all those questions need to be addressed...though doubtful they ever will be.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What those noises are:
Somehow there are excavations underground(maybe using explosives?). The objective of these excavation is to get in a closer distance to a sleeping volcano and in the right time, "activate" it. Why? To create a chain reaction that can possibly activate the Yellowstond supervolcano. This is necessary for the NWO next step: Combined disasters to create chaos. I suspect it will be set during the olympics.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyray
reply to post by SpaceJ

Thanks for a little bit o first person experience. IMHO all those questions need to be addressed...though doubtful they ever will be.

Yep, I've been in two quakes here and they were both reported within the hour, and confirmed the next day on the news, those were both less than 2.0 and the terrain is basically the same as WI so I just wonder what the hold up was. They said they "ruled out all seismic activity" ... that's what gets me. They didn't say "we don't think" they said it was ruled out. Had they never said that I'd probably not still be following this.

There's also video and reports of the water smelling like sulfur in a nearby town to Clintonville, and dead fish in the lake, which could be unrelated, but makes this a little more weird.

As for IL, the town where I live has smelled sulfur this week. Could be random coincidence, but I for one have never smelled sulfur other than when visiting a hot spring. This I experienced first hand. My water was normal, then it turned yellow tinged, but did not smell. Then the yellow tinge went away but the next day the water strongly smelled like sulfur, and lasted for a few days. Now it's mostly gone but I still smell it randomly. No factories near me to account for the smell if it was in the air. But my sink without water in it still smelled, so it was pretty strong. Plumber checked it out, nothing wrong with the water heater and I don't have well water, and no water main in town broke.

People in Central Illinois heard a humming noise that was followed by booms and shaking, but no quake was reported anywhere that I've seen. That was last week.

There's another thread about people in the North Suburbs of Chi smelling sulfur but since there's so many factories up there it's hard to rule that out. Also heard reports of sulfur farther south along New Madrid. Not saying anything is related, just putting out what I've heard lately.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

I thought the underground explosives was a possibility. The supervolcano angle? Meh. decent theory, now go seek some evidence.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

Originally posted by crazyray
reply to post by SpaceJ

Yep, I've been in two quakes here and they were both reported within the hour, and confirmed the next day on the news, those were both less than 2.0 and the terrain is basically the same as WI so I just wonder what the hold up was. They said they "ruled out all seismic activity" ... that's what gets me. They didn't say "we don't think" they said it was ruled out. Had they never said that I'd probably not still be following this.

There's also video and reports of the water smelling like sulfur in a nearby town to Clintonville, and dead fish in the lake, which could be unrelated, but makes this a little more weird.

As for IL, the town where I live has smelled sulfur this week. Could be random coincidence, but I for one have never smelled sulfur other than when visiting a hot spring. This I experienced first hand. My water was normal, then it turned yellow tinged, but did not smell. Then the yellow tinge went away but the next day the water strongly smelled like sulfur, and lasted for a few days. Now it's mostly gone but I still smell it randomly. No factories near me to account for the smell if it was in the air. But my sink without water in it still smelled, so it was pretty strong. Plumber checked it out, nothing wrong with the water heater and I don't have well water, and no water main in town broke.

People in Central Illinois heard a humming noise that was followed by booms and shaking, but no quake was reported anywhere that I've seen. That was last week.

There's another thread about people in the North Suburbs of Chi smelling sulfur but since there's so many factories up there it's hard to rule that out. Also heard reports of sulfur farther south along New Madrid. Not saying anything is related, just putting out what I've heard lately.

Mind tossing out the link for the sulfur water thread???

My first thought was...does this guy have well water?... good description of how you ticked off the possible causes. well done. Maybe I was too quick to dismiss the volcano aspect. Thanks for your input!!! It's appreciated.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Other threads

North Subs
Missouri, Arkansas
WI 70 miles from Clintonville

And a video from another news station today video
edit on 3/28/2012 by SpaceJ because: add

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I thought I had subscribed to the older thread about this subject. I was going to share some links and videos with you, but when I went to retrieve it, the thread was gone! What's up with that?!

What state is this in?
edit on 3/28/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wisconsin

There's another good thread on this,
I have opened up some extensive real time seismic monitoring in Wisconsin- For the rumbles

edit on 3/28/2012 by SpaceJ because: add

top topics

<<   2 >>

join