It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
nice thread SH
as a sound tech ( amoung other things ) I have to agree

how could they have done it sans electricity
IMHO
resonanance
when two tuned objects are near each other you only have to ring one the other will vibrate too
I can actually tune a guitar this wasy..
by eye
when string one is struck string two will vibrate all by itself without being touched when it is in tune.

tuned rods might have worked one as a drill or cutter one as the striker
when the striker gets rung the driller or cutter would vibrate all by itself

another way would be abrasives on wet string like on a bow this is still used today in some places

I figured out how to tune the guitar by eye when I was 8 so it couldn't be that comploicated though I have never seen anyone else do it

edit on 18-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

I agree with you there. Not so much aliens though, but to entertain the idea I like to think that these ancient aliens were really ancient advanced man bewildering the savages who wrote the record of 'GODS". Heck the ancient Hopi speak of great cities of lights and the flying shields these cities used against one another in battle before the deluge.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Oh so we basically think the same thing minus one issue. You say from earth, I say from somewhere else.

But thinking about it more fully. Even from Earth, they would have come from the sky in their flying shields..

Hmmm ..

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

errr umm, where do you see the monkey face in the east coast shoreline?
im having a big problem seeing that, but would love too.

Also,,, are you andrew zimmern?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

First I do not believe ancient aliens did anything. It makes no sense to have aliens here helping ancient man and then to just stop and not bother with modern man? It is a stupid theory Another thing that bothers me..why, if there were ancient aliens, help only certain ancient men but not all?

But...to say that it was the white man who gave them the tech and knowledge to help them is just as silly a theory. If they did this then why have they not created similar structures with the same techniques in their own lands. There should be the same type of buildings before these ancient buildings and better ones since they are supposedly the ones who taught it...which means they should have perfected the technique. Where are they?
edit on 18-3-2012 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Fido, the resident canine that resides at my address, did not like that sound at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

To assume that they were made by aliens is a amazing compliment to our ancient relatives who did build these structures.

I liked this a lot. As someone who finds the AA theory very possible, I thought that the way you worded that was thoughtful.
While most people dismiss it as bologna you've provided an alternative that makes sense without being condescending.

Something else I find interesting to go along with this is how at the Battle of Jericho, ram horns were blown and the walls came crumbling down. It's suggestive of some sort of sound technology. And it seems many other myths and legends report great trumpets sounding destruction.

S&F

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I agree with you there. Not so much aliens though, but to entertain the idea I like to think that these ancient aliens were really ancient advanced man bewildering the savages who wrote the record of 'GODS". Heck the ancient Hopi speak of great cities of lights and the flying shields these cities used against one another in battle before the deluge.

Oh so we basically think the same thing minus one issue. You say from earth, I say from somewhere else.

But thinking about it more fully. Even from Earth, they would have come from the sky in their flying shields..

Hmmm ..

Could man have a great lost history to support this? Think in 2000 years from now if we or the earth destroys us all except for some tribes in south america. Their stories of the previous 2000 years would contain nothing about ancient skyskrapers and technology but vague stories of flying objects, odd like men with magical powers.

This is happening right now with some tribes that had no idea that white men existed let alone metropolises with computers, cars, sex shops, mtv and war using massive metal beasts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Sand Vibration Patterns - Chladni Plate

www.youtube.com...

here is sound making patterns in sand
it looks like it might by quite possible to suspend a block on this and just move it simple as a boat on water waves
if the egyptians used tiny glass beads which they did make
well it might even be effortless movement

wind across a resonant tube could make quite a volume of sound too

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by ILikeStars

errr umm, where do you see the monkey face in the east coast shoreline?
im having a big problem seeing that, but would love too.

The water part forms the face, not the land. The water of the Pacific Ocean resembles the profile of a primate's face looking Eastward. The whole of the Western Shorelines of North and South America, in the "negative space".

Also,,, are you andrew zimmern?

Nope. My name is John.

edit to add: Googled Andrew .. I have eaten some weird things before, though.
edit on 18-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Show me a vid of them using sound to lift things that are several tons and I'll be impressed....notice they aren't lifting anything very heavy with sound....and the sound drill...how would the ancients even make that using old tech if that's all they had? How would you make a musical drill when you barely know how to even make a drill. The ancients did have drills but I've seen no evidence to link sound with there use. More evidence is required for me to believe your statement. Personally I think the ancients may have known how to use the earths own magnetism as a sort of anti-gravity like repelling two magnets but I don't really know how. Just my thoughts...I mean...if its not aliens which still makes the most sense to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
nice thread SH

IMHO
resonanance.........

I figured out how to tune the guitar by eye when I was 8 so it couldn't be that comploicated though I have never seen anyone else do it

Now can you imagine a civilization with no computers, tv or electricity to occupy time. They would have all the time in the world to perfect what they would consider super high tech. Maybe hydraulics, engine power and other brute force techniques are not the way to move and cut rock.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Stonehenge seems really normal now, and actually even more Cool. I can just imagine this camp cutting down trees and someone else is quarying rocks and there's fires all around. Some kids are gathered around listening to tales of Giant wolves, while a boar roasts for dinner.

The men are working on the first upright post following the template they made with sticks to draw the plans on the ground. Everyone cheers as the first stone slides into place, and it actually worked. "One day they will look back on us and be Amazed!"

Of course this whole idea was started by a woman, and the men had to do all the work, otherwise NO snu snu!
I'm liking this.

edit on 3/18/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by VidGamrJ
I'm pretty convinced that sound was used for a lot of ancient building techniques as well.

While I do think that there is advanced alien life out there somewhere and they may have visited this planet, I highly doubt they taught us any cool tricks to help us along with our civilization. Think about it, humans really weren't all that smart back then. Sure we had the capability of intelligence, but you can't just expect some aliens to come down in their space ship and within a few years totally change the way we lived. It's really hard to teach advanced knowledge to things with a lesser intelligence

We might have been super advanced at one point in our past and something happened that sent us back to the stone age, we might have used ingenious methods of building things with sound, but we were never taught anything by aliens themselves.

This post really speaks to me, and all but seals the deal for me. The logic of it is so simple it has escaped me all this time. Still, humans could have gotten smart, and also had aliens come and teach them other aspects they hadn't thought of. Like how I am smart, but you just came and gave me another aspect that I wouldn't have gotten to without your intervention...

See how that works?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
come to think of it I think edgar cayce in his recollections of past lives in egypt said the moved the large blocks like ships on water...

say ever hear of the singing sword or the sword IN the stone re king aurthur
actually if I recall correctly the sword in the stone was the singing sword

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Sand Vibration Patterns - Chladni Plate

www.youtube.com...

here is sound making patterns in sand
it looks like it might by quite possible to suspend a block on this and just move it simple as a boat on water waves
if the egyptians used tiny glass beads which they did make
well it might even be effortless movement

wind across a resonant tube could make quite a volume of sound too

The ancients knowledge of sound seemed to be common practice. At the Rossyln Chapel featured in the davinci code has been decoded and the symbols are CYMATICS. The people who held the greatest knowledge of the ancient world has been claimed to be the Knights templars or Masons. The chapel incorporated these ancient technologies in the form of symbols that modern man had no idea what they were. Talk about a knowledge gap.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

nice thread SH

IMHO
resonanance.........

Now can you imagine a civilization with no computers, tv or electricity to occupy time. They would have all the time in the world to perfect what they would consider super high tech. Maybe hydraulics, engine power and other brute force techniques are not the way to move and cut rock.

not to mention stuff just occurs to people when they are just quiet or like Tesla SMART!
they must have had a tesla or a thoth or two

did you know that the parts of a celtic cross were found it the sealed shafts of the pyramid at Giza by the robot camera? it is such a precise measuring tool its a amazing
www.world-mysteries.com...

you might be one of the few posters who will get this SH
I hope you will consider what the discover has found,,,he sure has the evidence

there are thirteen frets on a guitar (semitones) in an octave and the ratios are also expressed in the solar system planets as well ....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
"This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry."

Get over yourself.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

Masoudi, an Arab historian of the 10th century wrote that the Egyptians used magic spells to move large blocks. His account is the following:

"In carrying on the work, leaves of papyrus, or paper, inscribed with certain characters, were placed under the stones prepared in the quarries; and upon being struck, the blocks were moved at each time the distance of a bowshot (which would be a little over 200 feet), and so by degrees arrived at the pyramids."

Was this story made up by Masoudi, or is there some truth in it? Is it possibly that he was reporting on an early legend that the blocks were moved mysteriously and the story of the inscribed papyrus was added to embellish the story? Or were the blocks placed on some unknown apparatus (mistaken by the historian to be a piece of papyrus) that would levitate them. If you strip away all the additions and embellishments to a legend, sometimes you are left with a strand of truth.

There are many other legends of construction of temples, buildings, etc. that used mysterious or magical means to lift blocks. These stories abound in Mayan and Greek legends and even in the Bible. In the opposite sense, the walls of Jericho were brought down by marching around the walls, the blowing of trumpets, and shouting. Maybe to be funny, we could call this downward Levitation.
www.gizapyramid.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialk89
"This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry."

Get over yourself.

that was your first post?
well you can get a refund at the door..don't let it slap your butt on the way out
lol:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Piezoelectric Basins for Acoustic Levitation Identified at Megalithic Sites

The specific and exclusive use of piezoelectric calcite and quartz crystals for the construction of the pyramids themselves, and the large basins that once surrounded them in great numbers, relates to their transducive capacity to focus and amplify acoustic waves. Mechanical flexing occurs in the quartz and calcite crystals as a uniform structural deformation that generates standing waves within the stones' crystalline lattice, eventually building a strong electromagnetic field that allows acoustic levitation.

The high-walled enclosure, resembling a courtyard, contained energetic waters identified by the local indigenous wisdom traditions as Lake Hathor. The lake waters were absorbed by the porous limestone of the pyramids, and provided direct electrical connection to the subterranean water table and thereby to the world's oceans. The pyramid texts of Saqqara describe this absorption of water within the stones in exact terms, stating that the pyramids' "foundations are the stones, the water..." The hieroglyphic inscription on the obelisk at Abu Ghurab reads "Heart of the Sun" in reference to the pyramid network's piezoelectric transduction of the infrasound resonance of the sun, at the 1.45 Hz frequency of the human heart at rest. Were the pyramids responsible for the regulation of global heartbeat patterns and weather patterns?
Source

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Added this to the Op. This is how much force you would need to operate a sonic drill.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join