It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

LOL your meme!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Nice thread, i totally agree on everything you have provided, i knew Aliens never existed and never will, for the believers they can wait all their lives, but aint gonna happen!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
We still cannot move 100 ton blocks of stone with any type of technology other than pure mechanical yet we are almost at quantum computing. To me, the ancient structures point to non-human interaction.

Did you miss this video in the OP:

Single man, moves 10 ton block.

Using sticks and stones, no pulleys, no hoists.

I'm pretty sure the question was in reference to using acoustic energy to move very large objects. Besides, swiveling stones on rocks isn't going to cut it for me, sorry. Several sites use stone blocks that had to be moved great distances. I like the acoustic theory, but the question you were responding to is: where is the video of a very large or heavy object being levitated by sound? I, too, would like to see that. But more importantly, I'd like to learn how to do it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by Danbones
re the paper under the stone
lets say the paper had grafite like a modern pencil is made of
maybe in a pattern that corresponds to the symbols in the chapel and the stone being geometric rings and resonates the pattern....the grafite would be like it is in the vid...alive with energy....

I have seen beer bottles walk across the top of a speaker and fall of the edge

When I view the rocks at Ollataytambo Peru I cant help but think the rocks were melted together like ice cubes or that a belt sander was slipped between the rocks as to sand both sides of the rocks giving the roundeed edges and the perfect fit then there is the possibility they were vibrated together or all off the above or like the guy said about that he saw papyrus between the rocks. I think we are on to something no?

"In carrying on the work, leaves of papyrus, or paper, inscribed with certain characters, were placed under the stones prepared in the quarries; and upon being struck, the blocks were moved at each time the distance of a bowshot (which would be a little over 200 feet), and so by degrees arrived at the pyramids."

edit on 19-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

if you vibrated the rocks and let them grind each other with an abrasive between them or maybe just dry
like innuit putting snow blocks together
I think making them vibrate
maybe the papyrus was a long roll like those plastic roll out slides, the type that you wet and they become slippery...

carbon would have been something the egyptians had..they made glass so they could melt at least some constituents of granite ..diamond dust maybe? mixed with carbon? like the way GOLD is polished
a rag with a super fine abrasive

and those bevels between the blocks when laying cement blocks we us a tool to make a nice even indent in the mortar..a nice even line maybe the tool was vibrating as it was run along the joints,,,like that brush toy you linked to

i don't think they show liquification no 'runs and drips

edit on 19-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
ever see a floor sander or hell any kind of sander
it has paper under it vibrates and will just hum along by itself
especially the mouse kind that just vibrate

plate and paper
like the sand and vibration and sound videos posted earlier
tha fits the description and they already exist
edit on 19-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reading through this thread....Interesting things yet again...some plausible ...some downright out there.....thanks to the op for his looking at things in a different light....we go on about how these were built....but none of it explains alignment of many of the sites.....so there is is only really two conclusions....Isn't there....we were a lot more knowledgeable back then than we are ed to believe through historical accounts.....as we obviously had some great knowledge about the stars and about the alignment of planets about solstices and etc etc etc.

So we had vast knowledge and lost it or we were helped as it is put sometimes.....but i take it a bit different....we were used.....we were slaves to a more intellectual race ....we were slaves then just as we are slaves now...we were the experiment....and we are the monkey's.

from the OP some of the items he has shown are advanced tech...which could have been lost knowledge and we are rediscovering it....who really knows...but just a shot in the dark...but could it be as the slaves of a past society...we learned to use what they used in a primitive sense....as i say...just thoughts here...not written in stone....It just amazes me when people close their minds to the possibilities of what went on in our past....we can see that the construction is difficult even in today's terms....it show over and over....both sides of the camp put forward valid points......but in the end it is just attempts to reconstruct the past.

when it showed that sonic drill and it showed how easy it is to use....lol...if anyone has used a hammer drill...(properly) then you know it is the tool that does the work and not the user.....I have used them many many many times...and i can immediately tell a poor user and one who knows how to use one correctly....the person pressing all their weight onto the tool thinking that is the way to use one is showing their complete lack of understanding of the tool they are using.....but any ways....one has to put the whole picture together.....what the environment was like at the time of construction....you know the earth changes.....why they would make such universal alignments rather than just say...this is a good site lets build here......the ACTUAL purpose of the built structures....what were the pyramids built for say.....the knowledge and understanding of the people at the time.....did they build it for ritual purpose or star alignment........

Just to put forward and say this is how it is done.........lol

Obviously the OP only has one goal here....that is to try and debunk another thread running here now....nice move.....why not put your opposing thought in a place it is already being discussed......it seems to me only one motive.......but that is the OP's choice.....It is lovely thought the OP presented....but they are only thoughts....and i would say...possible....but it is not the answers to how things were moved...drill...cut ...and engraved....they are all just possible techniques.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

I'm pretty sure the question was in reference to using acoustic energy to move very large objects. Besides, swiveling stones on rocks isn't going to cut it for me, sorry. Several sites use stone blocks that had to be moved great distances. I like the acoustic theory, but the question you were responding to is: where is the video of a very large or heavy object being levitated by sound? I, too, would like to see that. But more importantly, I'd like to learn how to do it.

I'm not sold on acoustic levitation. But your quote suggest intervention from aliens because you aren't sure how a hundred ton block was moved. Yet, in the OP there is a video of a single man moving a 10 ton block with his own strength and ingenuity.

Is it so hard to fathom that larger blocks could not be moved by a civilization dependent on the same limited technologies by the man in the video?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

How would the ancients have achieved this? Tuning forks and vibrating metal. Quite simple and the materials needed were in use in those times....

I've always been curious about the vibration theory - turning a liquid into a solid and vice versa. Im going to throw this out there as a possibility.

Could it be possible that the builders of these megalithic sites had there own version of a non Newtonian fluid / device?

Could it be possible to turn rock into a non Newtonian liquid for transport to the build sites? Once there and in place the vibration stops, reforming the rock?

When it comes to these types of discussions I am pretty much out of my element, hence the reason for my stupid question / suggestion.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
Nice thread, i totally agree on everything you have provided, i knew Aliens never existed and never will, for the believers they can wait all their lives, but aint gonna happen!

Actually Aliens do Exist, and They Always Will.

It's a Big Universe Out There. The Op Shows That Humans Probably Built All These Cool Structures.

That Has Nothing to do With Aliens Existing Somewhere Out There.

There Are Beliefs on Both Sides of The Isle. For With Out Proof That Aliens DO NOT Exist on Every Planet Body,

You Must Believe it to be so.
edit on 3/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

ok so your telling me our ancestors had access to...
tuning forks?
sonic drills?
acoustic levitation technology?

isnt that way too advanced for them?
you should have just stuck to saying the megaliths are made with chizels
if anything you are improving on the anchient aliens hypothosis
you are basically saying they DID use advanced technology for their time period
all you have done is tell everyone what technology was "given" to the ancients

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Why haven't we found a scrap of evidence of this sort of work then?
Why no tuning forks on the ground or instructions? If this was common knowledge then maybe they were from off planet after all. I think it is far more likely some of the life on this planet landed here where as others may have rose out of the primordial dust. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If we were to rate quotes on degrees of ignorance... I think we have a winner!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
First, thanks for the very interesting thread on a fascinating subject.

Being said, there are no examples of levitation on megaliths documented to date that I know of - perhaps the coral castle builder would be of help =b

Second, if they were to levitate the megaliths using concave stones:
- how did the megalith get into the levitation device?
- how does the levitation device itself move with the stone, if it too is very heavy and large?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It sounds plausible in some aspects; but time to play alien devils advocate, and human's did it at the same time...There are a few anthropological problems with this aliens did it debunk theory; Every culture in prehistory has gigantic megaliths they are on every continent. First...how did remote non contact cultures come up with the same technology? Duh alien intervention they can do anything...no need to explain the how and why of this question on the alien side of things.

If all of this monolith building technology sharing took place before the continents separated using current anthropological data. But if the continents were separate at the time of building, then we had ocean trade routes established between every continent If this is the case; then a lot of anthropological evidence is wrong, because only one science experiment showed an ocean trade route possible. The coc aine mummy mystery was sort of solved when an investigator build an Egyptian reed boat and left the Nile delta in it and arrived easily in South America, that explained that Egypt and South America could have had ocean trade routes...since coca is only found in South America the mummies testing positive for coc aine led to this mystery...unless somehow Egyptians made some form of synthetic coc aine. Accepted science said they walked their way around over frozen connections etc. instead, which is a huge undertaking to just say; Hey you guys moving megalithic stones? No? OK, here's how. The odds of all cultures stumbling across the same technology is astronomical, if it were that simple to figure out, we would have figured it out again already hundreds of years ago.

Now for the slightly harder one.

Second...thousands of people would have seen and used this technology while building them. The how to wouldn't have just vanished as we still use ancient metal casting techniques on up until today, we still use sticks to rub together to make fire sometimes...the only time we lose a a process of manufacture or it declines is when we discover better technology to do the same job.

If humans did it; some global cataclysm would have to have taken place, to make all cultures on every continent lose or forget this technology...if this were the case why didn't we lose the ability to make fire or metal castings? It could be explained that we had more immediate use and need of fire and metal casting than huge structures...but if megalithic building was so easy to do then why abandon it? Stone cutting always has usefulness, again no one wants to cuts stones in survival mode so a cataclysm had to take place and one long enough and devastating enough, to kill off the many thousands that knew how and for their descendants trying to survive to just forget about it, on every continent.

But then we have some phenomenal enigmas such as the Biagong pipes, which are iron alloy pipes of various diameters that go through mountains that no one can currently explain. en.wikipedia.org... It points to more "lost technology" if aliens didn't do it. The Hopi say we are about to enter the 5th world; meaning that we have reached a similar technological level 4 other times; but we have ended up being nearly wiped out each time by either ourselves or from meteorites, super volcanoes etc. and the new World is born out of that to repeat the cycle once again...after all there are megalithic structures under the oceans like the one off the coast of Japan built who knows exactly how long ago by an ancient unknown culture.

The planet is well over 6 billion years old after all, and for any Christians etc. that want to argue that point, and say 6 thousand, I have heard the interpretation of Genesis should be actually translated as In A beginning...not; In THE beginning. Also if a day to god is a 1000 years to man then god made the earth in 6 thousand years and rested for a thousand if you like to get all literal about it.

In my opinion; humans are like a bad case of fleas that the earth tries to shake off every once and awhile; to borrow a bit from George Carlin, and we being tenacious bastards run into the earths ears to hide then get up shake it off and go to work screwing it all up again a few thousand years later. Aliens as a cause and god as a cause are an easy way out, you just have to believe or have faith and your questions are answered; you have reasons to fight for them to maintain that security, and piece of mind. Whereas digging into things scientifically, there is no peace of mind science is always restless to uncover it all, yes it lacks and yes it makes mistakes because it is human.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
If we once had advanced technologies of any type and they were then forgotten then wouldn't they have developed again in the natural evolution of technology?

I think because techonogy is so available to the masses and no longer exclusively to the 'elite'. If everyone know it exists, everyone will want it and eventually get it.

If we are kept in the stone age, well...all the better to control us.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Maybe the most naive or quite possibly the most ignorant post I've read in a while.

I heard this theory years ago (the idea of sound cutting and levitation), and have seen bowling balls lifted with this tech, however, no one seems to be willing to replicate the results in the real world (ie> with megalithic stones), which is a bit disheartening to the theory.

To prove this theory, all one would have to do is cut a 150 ton stone block, and then lift the rock...we'll say 3 stories. In truth, the stones would need to be lifted higher than this in some cases, but if 30 feet can be reached, then it would mean that 50 feet, even 100 feet (ten stories) could be achieved. After lifting the stone, it would then be precision placed using this same tech.

Do that and the theory will be (excuse the expression) carved in stone as fact. Otherwise, it's just another in a long line of possible, yet unproven, ideas.

reply to post by Darkchemistry

Comparative to the former (see Zatox), your post was one of the most intelligent and well thoughtout responses I've read in a while.

edit on 19-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually, I never mentioned or implied" aliens". I just don't believe pivoting stones on pebbles solves all of the problems.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Added this to the Op. This is how much force you would need to operate a sonic drill.

No, that's how much human effort you have to put in to guide the work of the tool. The force is coming down that power cable in the form of energy.

To think the ancients had this ability by banging drums or chanting is pretty far fetched.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I found this online and thought it helped didn't see it on here yet.
www.sonicdrilling.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It still doesn't explain the pyramids which the ancients NEVER claimed to of build but were built by those from the sky according to them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join