It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group posts billboards in religious neighborhoods saying God is ‘a myth’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
whats with atheists acting so religious these days?

You would think that if they apparently "don't believe" or "non-theist", that they would dismiss any representation of a god in any shape or form.

The fact that they even mention his name proves that they allow for his existence.

Perhaps they could just stop mentioning him every 2 minutes, and reach their purpose a lot quicker.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Atheists are so ignorant. They are just as bad as the fundamentalist christian nuts who think they know the answers. They both have it wrong and atheism is just another religion in itself. They have their own belief system based in ignorance and denial just like other organized religions.

One day they will all realize there is no such thing as death and the simulation you're living in is just a drop in the ocean of reality.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The reason they are able to do this is because groups like the Westboro Baptist Church recently won rights to free speech even though it is hate speech. They sort of opened the doors to this ridiculousness which I think ended up in the supreme court and that corrupted bought and paid for group of corporate sponsors said they have the right to say what they want as long as it is peaceful. A bill board is pretty peaceful. I mean it does not fight or yell at you anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by Annee

That 11 year old has a twelfth grade reading level and 8th grade math level.

So? My now 18 year old grandson had a 12th grade reading level at age 5.

My 4 year old grandson was reading at age 3 - - - he taught himself to read from his computer programs.

My brother was reading the newspaper at age 4 - - - his favorite subject? Politics.

That is not something an 11 year old would naturally say on her own. He beliefs come from her environment.

Oh please! What is this, a whizzing contest for whose kids and grandkids are the smartest?

Exactly my sentiment.

Which is why I responded as I did.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Showcasing the insulting and arrogant attitude of most atheists(in my experience at least). Have heard atheists laugh at me and say this for half my life, and i still dont care :p. Feel bad for these people.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
From Birth I do not remember being taught God, I just knew something greater was out there and for some reason I always looked outside of me and into the sky above. It is a feeling. An emotion that becomes inspired. Doesn't make it wrong. Or ..me wrong. Its who I am

I had paranormal experiences since birth. Lot's of OBE's as a young child. Premonitions - - invisibility - - floating off the ground - - - - la la la la.

It does not mean there is a god - - in the religious sense of a god.

I am Atheist because it has one and only one definition: Lack of belief in a deity/god. It doesn't mean anything else.

Almost everyone in this world is affected on a daily basis by god believers. To say you weren't taught is misleading. You and everyone else is assimilated into and by god belief - - - unless you make a conscious decision not to be.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
Showcasing the insulting and arrogant attitude of most atheists(in my experience at least). Have heard atheists laugh at me and say this for half my life, and i still dont care :p. Feel bad for these people.

How many Atheists do you know?

Where did you meet these Atheists - - that openly discussed with you?

Did you initiate the conversation?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The sad thing is that most atheists are brainwashed into it also. There are very few truly self-actualized believers of ANYTHING. Especially something so finite as God and the belief that there is no God.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by jiggerj

The sad thing is that most atheists are brainwashed into it also. There are very few truly self-actualized believers of ANYTHING. Especially something so finite as God and the belief that there is no God.

Jaden

What?

I need an interpreter.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

it is a huge market, the stupidity market.
it has been for far too long dominated over by theists.
edit on 4-3-2012 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hes saying that nobody really knows anything and the wisest people know that they know nothing. Many people adopt a label because they believe it gives them personality, when it only emphasizes their stupidity. Sadly, people calling themselves atheists are behaving like religious people lately.

Cogito ergo sum
edit on 4-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I saw this thread because it's the hottest topic right now, and that saddens me. If they paid for the billboard, and there's no problems with the billboard in terms of zoning, or being rotten and dangerous, then there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to put it up.

I also understand that a lot of people will agree that they have the right to post it there, however they shouldn't do it for one reason or another. Unfortunately it's that type of thinking that keeps this issue an issue. People have to realize by getting so bent out of shape about this that they are in fact part of the cause, part of the problem themselves.

Stop getting upset over people who don't share the same believes as you. If your religious believes are so strong then there should be no problem. If people stopped acting like kids, and getting so upset over what other people say then there would be no problems. Let them say what they want, and you can post billboards saying what you want. If people continue to get so emotional over it, and showing their wavering believes which don't appear to be so strong anymore, then the problems will continue.

Seriously, get over yourselves. Also, this isn't to say the atheists doing this don't have their own problems, but it's easier to not get upset, than to look at yourself and the problems you have which are causing your to attack other people. A lot of insecurity going around with this issue.

Edit: To the post below me...I think a lot of people don't even know what is in the Constitution.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Xieon because: Talking to poster below

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

The reason they are able to do this is because groups like the Westboro Baptist Church recently won rights to free speech even though it is hate speech.

Freedom of speech is part of the constitution.

Westboro church didn't win anything. They were always within their rights - - no matter how insulting and annoying they are.

American Atheists formed in 1963: Since 1963, American Atheists has been the premier organization laboring for the civil liberties of atheists and the total, absolute separation of government and religion. It was born out of a court case begun in 1959 by the Murray family which challenged prayer recitation in the public schools

One has nothing to do with the other.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The saying goes:

Those who know don't speak, those who don't know speak crap.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by Annee

Hes saying that nobody really knows anything and the wisest people know that they know nothing. Many people adopt a label because they believe it gives them personality, when it only emphasizes their stupidity. Sadly, people calling themselves atheists are behaving like religious people lately.

I actually hate that saying: "I think, therefore I am". Really? And what are you?

Atheist (noun/direct adjective) - atheistic is actually an adjective: lack of belief in a god/deity.

I do not consider it a label. I consider it an adjective. A descriptive.

Atheist is not a belief or a behavior.

Do I really have to call myself an Agnostic Atheist - - to make it clear I don't really know anything? No one else does either.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by Annee

I actually hate that saying: "I think, therefore I am". Really? And what are you?

Atheist (noun/direct adjective) - atheistic is actually an adjective: lack of belief in a god/deity.

I do not consider it a label. I consider it an adjective. A descriptive.

Atheist is not a belief or a behavior.

Do I really have to call myself an Agnostic Atheist - - to make it clear I don't really know anything? No one else does either.

So I don't know two plus two equals four.

Or, that in some cases, one plus one equals three.

Okay.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Keep religious/anti-religious beliefs private to your own home or your private places of worship (churches, mosques, whatever).

Anywhere else, displays of religious/anti-religious beliefs should be illegal.

Just my very humble 2 cents.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Thank you sir you are they only other real atheist I have seen in this thread. The term atheist has been hijacked and belittled, by those who do not know what atheism truly is. It is a term to describe one who has studied religious texts from around the world, and come to the rational conclusion that they are all incorrect, thus one chooses to not believe, and accept that they do not know the answer. We true atheist do not force our opinion on others; nor care what others think, we just want to be left alone in the subject.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

reply to post by Annee

"Christians" are losing their power/control in America - - - and are kicking - - whining - - and screaming all the way - - no matter who they step on.

That right there is unadulterated propaganda parroting. You are so far off-base you can't even see the scoreboard.

Why? Because I don't agree with you?

As I've stated - - I grew up as Christian. Actually considered myself Christian most of my life.

Let me know when you've lived as Atheist - - - and can be objective from both points of view.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but I've had too many experiences with the other side to live as an atheist. Nice try, though.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

"Christians" are losing their power/control in America - - - and are kicking - - whining - - and screaming all the way - - no matter who they step on.

That right there is unadulterated propaganda parroting. You are so far off-base you can't even see the scoreboard.

Why? Because I don't agree with you?

As I've stated - - I grew up as Christian. Actually considered myself Christian most of my life.

Let me know when you've lived as Atheist - - - and can be objective from both points of view.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but I've had too many experiences with the other side to live as an atheist. Nice try, though.

I don't even know what that means.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join