It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats buried in the Iraqi sand box?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
oui

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Evidence supporting the belief that Saddam Hussein may have buried his stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons has been uncovered, quite literally. The Department of Defense revealed earlier this month that U.S. search teams had discovered a squadron of fighter aircraft buried in the deserts of Iraq.

This is an excerpt from an article from August, 2003. I sorta found it on accident while looking for some pictures of migs. This may be old news to some, but I was totally oblivious to the finding of these jets last year... Anyhow Heres a few links, along with some pics to go along with it.

PS- for me, this makes the idea of Saddam having hidden stockpiles of weapons (Chem, Bio, Nuke, etc) not so "out of this world anymore". Iraq is a HUGE sandy place... who knows what can be sitting beneath the sands.

American forces unearth hidden aircraft in Iraq -Air Force
U.S. Search Teams Uncover Buried Iraqi Jets - JINSA
Iraqi 'Mach 3' MiG Buried in Sand -News Max
American Forces Pull Hidden MiG fighters out of Iraqi Desert - Defense link

[Edited post layout]

[edit on 16-9-2004 by oui]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Interesting. I've been reading the odd story here or there regarding this. It doesn't suprise me at all. I'm sure they will find a lot more hardware such as this.

I don't think at this point they will find any stockpiles of WMD's though. Not necessarily because I feel Saddam didn't posses them at some point in the last 10 years, but because I feel he did stop producing them and sold his stockpiles to another Arab country or to militant groups. I am leaning more towards other countries because if he had sold them militant groups I really think they would have used them by now.

It remains to be seen how much more time we will have to conduct further searches though. I'm sure Bush is desperate to find something no matter what, but buried jets don't really shock and awe me much.

oui

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What I wonder is; how exactly do they find this stuff? Asides from nature shifting the sand dunes around. Do they use a type of Sonar?

I wonder how much stuff they've found underground allready... they found these jets underground, they found saddam in an underground hole...
whats next?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The United States has had control over Iraq for well over a year now and captured and interrogated most of the former Iraqi government associated with the military and its supplies. Wouldn't you think that ONE of the people questioned would know the location of the buried WMD? I mean, what would be the point of burying WMD if you didn't have a log of where they were buried? Some people in the former regime had to know, and yet they didn't know. Because they had none to bury.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by oui
What I wonder is; how exactly do they find this stuff? Asides from nature shifting the sand dunes around. Do they use a type of Sonar?

I wonder how much stuff they've found underground allready... they found these jets underground, they found saddam in an underground hole...
whats next?

I'm sure they have some sort of detection equipment but I think heelstone's suggestion has yielded the majority of the information leading to finds such as these.

oui

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What do you feel about the WMD's being sent to Syria, or possibly another country? Do you think that is possible, or not?

[Edit] I feel if the WMD's exist (which I believe they do/did) that they are either buried somewhere in Iraq, or they where moved over to a neighboring country.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by oui]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by oui
What do you feel about the WMD's being sent to Syria, or possibly another country? Do you think that is possible, or not?

Definitely a strong possibility if not a fact without any real proof. WMD's like the one's Saddam was producing are difficult to discard without leaving a trace behind. There is no shortage of countries in the region that would have loved to have gotten them.

I don't think Iran would have been considered due to the long animosities between the two countries. The fact that Saddam's children, former henchmen and even Saddam himself at one point fled to Syria makes them suspect number one in my book.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Weller]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
With the United States having spy satellites which gave us the original images of Iraq's alleged WMD stockpiles, I'm sure those same satellites could watch the borders of Iraq for suspicious activity to show a transfer of WMD into Syria. I have yet to see such images shown to the public.

Facts are that there were no WMD stockpiles found. Former chief U.N. weapons inspectors Scott Ritter and Hans Blix have said this as well. How come nobody believes these two men who absolutely should know what they're talking about? They were right there in the thick of it. Not politicians who sit in Washington D.C. swearing up and down that they're wrong.

At this point in time nobody should think Iraq had any remaining stockpiles of WMD. To think so is to deny the reality of what has transpired and been documented since the occupation of Iraq began.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
They probaly found those jets either from Ground Penotrating Radar or some other feature one a spy satelite.

I believe they had WMD, but (since we gave them all the time in the world) they sold them to Iran, not for money but for people, loyalist and suicide bombers and militia. and currently Iran is the one shooting at our troops and blowings them selves up at checkpoints, and there getting help from Iraqis and trying to get everyone to start an up rising.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Of course is it not outside the realm of possibility that the Bush Administration knows alot more about the WMD situation then they are telling the public? Perhaps they have found the but are waiting for the correct time politically to go after them, particulary if they are in another country which i believe strongly that they are. They definately exist, WE SOLD THEM TO HIM! So where are they and why have they not provided evidence that they have destroyed them?

-Jordan

oui

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Actually, I just got done reading an article of the US using spy satellites to monitor a supposed Iraqi WMD convey moving to Syria. The reports where then confirmed by a Syrian defector. I will try to find that article again... I just closed it a few minutes ago too! Darn.

Anyhow, let this keep you occupied until I find that article again.

Iraq Unloading WMD Into Syria. Agent47, and Seekerof bring up tons of info in this thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
With the United States having spy satellites which gave us the original images of Iraq's alleged WMD stockpiles, I'm sure those same satellites could watch the borders of Iraq for suspicious activity to show a transfer of WMD into Syria. I have yet to see such images shown to the public.

Facts are that there were no WMD stockpiles found. Former chief U.N. weapons inspectors Scott Ritter and Hans Blix have said this as well. How come nobody believes these two men who absolutely should know what they're talking about? They were right there in the thick of it. Not politicians who sit in Washington D.C. swearing up and down that they're wrong.

At this point in time, nobody should think Iraq had any remaining stockpiles of WMD. To think so is to deny the reality of what has transpired and been documented since the occupation of Iraq began.

I totally agree with you. But he did have some at some point in the past. They had to go somewhere and spy sattelites can't catch everything. They could have been smuggled in numerous ways. But I think he had a small amount overall and more than likely got rid of what he had many years ago as Hans Blix suggested in his findings.

The tunnel structures under Baghdad are numerous and we may even find some that lead to other countries specifically for this purpose. That's just a stab in the dark on my part though.

oui

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

For the first time, the U.S. intelligence community has released an assessment that Iraqi weapons of mass destruction were transferred to neighboring Syria in the weeks prior to the U.S.-led war against the Saddam Hussein regime.

U.S. officials said the assessment was based on satellite images of convoys of Iraqi trucks that poured into Syria in February and March 2003.

Source: Iraqi WMD shipped to Syria

Note: It's linked from floyd report. I've never used them as a source before, thus I don't know how accurate they are with their reporting... either way it's gonna be 2am, and I'm not about to go slogging through CNN's archives. Tommorow morning I will though.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thousands upon thousands of Iraqis and over 1,000 U.S. troops have died over this issue and all that exists of this Syrian transfer is allegations that even the U.S. did not pursue to find out conclusively if they were true or not. I would think people reading these types of news reports would ask themselves at what point do they think they're reading bull#?

D

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
They probaly found those jets either from Ground Penotrating Radar or some other feature one a spy satelite.

They actually found them after some troops saw the tails sticking out of the sand. They were found last year

Migs and Sukhois In Iraqi Desert

oui

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
...even the U.S. did not pursue to find out conclusively if they were true or not...

As far as you, and I know though... Can you honestly say, beyond a doubt, that you know for a fact that the US gov't did not, or is not, currently looking into Syria trying to verify these allegations?

Theres so much stuff happening behind closed doors that we will never, ever know about. Who's to say that the NSA/CIA doesn't have operatives that have been looking into this matter scince last year. Yes this is just assumption, but is it more possible than not? You bet your bottom burrito it is.

I would think people reading these types of news reports would ask themselves at what point do they think they're reading BS?

I would've thought the same thing... but theres still people out there reading articles about cruise missles, and SU-37's hitting the pentagon, and believing it none the less.

At what point do people say to themselves; "This is BS!". I just don't know.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Anything anyone cares to imagine?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Is is possible to fly in such a fly-machine after it's been buried? Does all that sand get into the works and knacker the bearings and things? Just wondering, 'coz there's a hell of a difference between a super-hi-tech-jet-fighter and a pile of scrapmetal and spare-parts!!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The WMDs are in Syria...Bekka Valley. that's where the Syrian Terrorists got the Sarin and Nerve gas for their Jordanian (?) attempted attack that was thwarted earlier this year.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hey, that's a good excuse for US to invade Iran (or any other country): WMD have been moved to Iran!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join