It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian women activist shot dead in Houston

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Iranian women

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS/AP) HOUSTON - A woman whom Houston police described as an activist on behalf of Iranian women's civil rights was found shot dead at the wheel of her car after it crashed into a Houston townhouse garage....

The car was still running when police found the body of Gelareh Bagherzadeh, 30, behind the wheel about 12:30 a.m. Monday in a posh townhouse development about a mile west of Interstate 610, Officer J.C. Padilla said....

Bagherzadeh was a molecular genetic technology student at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. She also was active in promoting Iranian women's rights...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
abcnews.go.com
www.iranian.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran: We have proof US behind assassination
edit on 19-1-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by DJW001 because: Edit to trim text

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Since the 1960's, Iran's secret service has been murdering dissidents at home and abroad. Under the Shah, this servive was known as SAVAK, and its brutality was legendary. It would gun down dissident Iranian students in the Paris Metro. Its successor, SAVAMA, seems to be continuing the tradition. Bagherzadeh was a scientist and activist for women's rights in Iran. Even though she lived in Houston Texas, she was not safe from SAVAMA. She was gunned down in her car. Cars seem to be a favorite place to target people. I bring this to the attention of those who would have you believe "Iran would never kill its own scientists."

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Oh great another round of the blame game!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Oh great another round of the blame game!

In fairness, police have not yet ruled out random violence.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am quite sure that SAVAK were establised or had help with training and funding from the CIA.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I read all the links and stories and no where in that did it say that she was murdered by Iranian Secret service.
So how did you come to the conclusion that they did?????

edit on 19-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I can believe what you have stated could be true.

But in my humble opinion, with the alphabet agency's currently (since 9/11, and even before) on overdrive,

And the current build-up to invasion of Iran by "NATO", it would not surprise me if this was an attempt by said agency's, to pre-emptively silence a possible threat to they're plans.

I mean, as she was a molecular genetic technology student, I assume she would have been well educated, articulate, and passionate - what with her women's rights activities.

Just look at the case of Shaker Aamer, a British-Saudi who has been held in Guantanamo Bay for a decade.

The USA have been ready to release him for a while, but will only release him to Saudi Arabia, to deny him access to western media, as TPTB are scared he could give an articulated account of the torture and abuses, that seem to be routine at G-B

Current events make me suspicious that Iran would even bother to take out a civil rights activist, in the US no less, at a time that they are surrounded by Blood/Oil hungry killers, chomping at the bit to devastate Iran and test out they're new toy's for real.

And Iran's bothered about some woman, thousands of miles away, pushing for women's rights?

I don't think so somehow.......

I despise the Daily Mail, but this is an informative and recent article - Shaker Aamer

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

I read all the links and stories and no where in that did it say that she was murdered by Irainian Secret service.
So how did you come to this conclusion?????

The western media is much more objective than certain state run media. They will not speculate on the perpetrator of a crime until the police announce a suspect. Even after the suspect has been apprehended, they will refer to him using carefully neutered language, ie, "alleged murderer." When someone pulls up next to an Iranian dissident's car and shoots her in cold blood, the chief suspect is obvious.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Just a note, I can't edit my post as it all disappears when I click "Edit".

I used the word "They're" at least once when it should have said "Their" .

I apologise for my ignorance,

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Current events make me suspicious that Iran would even bother to take out a civil rights activist, in the US no less, at a time that they are surrounded by Blood/Oil hungry killers, chomping at the bit to devastate Iran and test out they're new toy's for real.

It is a demonstration that they are unfazed by American military power. They can pursue their own agenda even on the enemy's own soil.

And Iran's bothered about some woman, thousands of miles away, pushing for women's rights?

Pushing for women's rights in Iran. The Iranian government is threatened by women.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Pushing for women's rights in Iran. The Iranian government is threatened by women.

They are more afraid of Persian traditional values. Which does not value a woman less than a man. Only the indoctrinated religiofreaks roll with a backward mentality.

I wish they would catch the perpetrator.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I read all the links and stories and no where in that did it say that she was murdered by Irainian Secret service.
So how did you come to this conclusion?????

The western media is much more objective than certain state run media. They will not speculate on the perpetrator of a crime until the police announce a suspect. Even after the suspect has been apprehended, they will refer to him using carefully neutered language, ie, "alleged murderer." When someone pulls up next to an Iranian dissident's car and shoots her in cold blood, the chief suspect is obvious.

OK i get it, so in other words you have no evidence so your just making wild accusations.

edit on 19-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This could just as easily be the work of some Texan redneck bigot.

After all, she was an Eyeraniun and probably a terrorist threat!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Gotta agree with DJW001. Iran hates 'uppity' women.
Women who dare to be free of the chains that Iran wants to put on them.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was an international hit by them.
(and of course, it could just be random violence, but the 'hit' is just as likely)

Originally posted by DJW001
It is a demonstration that they are unfazed by American military power. .

Absolutely they are unfazed by it. Obama just blinked ...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

OK i get it, so in other words you have no evidence so your just making wild accusations.

I know (of) people who've been beat up inside their own homes by Islamic regime supporters for not even being a proper activist.

It's not that wild of an accusation. Why you feel the need to stick your nose in matters you know nothing of and to make these claims that others are merely making wild accusations...doesn't cut it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You seem to making a huge assumption that her death had anything to do with her being Iranian.
From your own source:

Senties said it was unclear whether her death was related to her background or her activities. Bolton said investigators suspect the victim was followed home or that someone was waiting for her.

I will never know why people on this site get so caught up in promoting their own agenda that they confine their own posts to one direction from the beginning. Why set it up for an ignorant heated debate. If you want people to consider that possibility (which everyone would have without having their defense up) then you could have just said "What does everyone think? Related or unrelated to her being Iranian and the causes she stands for?"

Unfortunately you probably killed all civil debate from the get go here.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

He came to that conclusion because he is active in other threads arguing that Iran is just as evil as the US says and that it is likely they are killing their own scientists rather that the US or Israel doing it.

When people go into threads with agenda and attitude they never change anyone's minds they just get an argument. So OP has accomplished nothing here with his theory.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have to say it being a "hit" is not "just as likely." Random act violence is far and away the most likely scenario, and a "hit" is just a possibility.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Women who dare to be free of the chains that Iran wants to put on them.

That's not quite true. There are plenty of females inside Iran who barely wear their hijab, they wear tight pants with shirts rather than a darth vader robe...The Iranian regime is catering to them because the regime has learned from Western tactics; keep the population in a state in which they are content with the way things are. Instead of risking a revolution because of tight pants, they will allow these pants and the people will feel as if they progressed, while they are only lulled into sleep.

I wonder why you would want to paint it as if women have less rights in Iran than Saudi Arabia. Tell me again; why do you only focus on Irans treatment of women and never Saudi Arabias? Maybe because you have a certain allegiance to them?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

I know (of) people who've been beat up inside their own homes by Islamic regime supporters for not even being a proper activist.

It's not that wild of an accusation. Why you feel the need to stick your nose in matters you know nothing of and to make these claims that others are merely making wild accusations...doesn't cut it.

Where is your evidence? A woman dies, she happens to be an activist for women's rights in Iran, and so you conclude that it must have been Iranian secret services that assassinated her in the US of all places?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join