It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian women activist shot dead in Houston

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Where is your evidence? A woman dies, she happens to be an activist for women's rights in Iran, and so you conclude that it must have been Iranian secret services that assassinated her in the US of all places?

Where was Iran's evidence that the US was behind the murders of their scientists at home? Presstv was quick to accuse the United States without presenting any of their evidence. It has been days now and they still haven't provided any. Why are some ATS members so eager to believe one set of accusations but demand rigorous proof for another? Might there be a double standard here?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Where is your evidence? A woman dies, she happens to be an activist for women's rights in Iran, and so you conclude that it must have been Iranian secret services that assassinated her in the US of all places?

You were a student of geopolitics am I correct?

Then you have no trouble getting access to files about Iran killing activists in the West for decades. They really, really liked targeting Kurdish Iranian dissidents and they almost ALWAYS target those dissidents with academic papers (because of the ridiculous value bestowed upon them).

I'm not conclusively stating this is what happened but; Iranian dissident activist with a proper degree + untimely death = dubious. Really dubious.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I will never know why people on this site get so caught up in promoting their own agenda that they confine their own posts to one direction from the beginning. Why set it up for an ignorant heated debate. If you want people to consider that possibility (which everyone would have without having their defense up) then you could have just said "What does everyone think? Related or unrelated to her being Iranian and the causes she stands for?"

That would make for an extremely boring thread. I have an opinion and I state it. In fact, I make my agenda for this thread explicit in my post. There are people who flatly deny that the Iranian government would murder their own citizens, as though this were something that Iranians alone would never do. In fact, the prior Iranian government made it open policy, and the current government is clearly maintaining this policy.

I have no patience for people who try to pretend that they are completely unbiased and objective about an issue, when in fact they are secretly pursuing a specific agenda.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thing is, in my experience, names of operations such as this may change with the governments, but the people they consist of do not. The motivations and the political position or affiliation of the country might change, but the motivation of the people in such operations do not (since the people themselves remain the same). In the Intelligence world it's all about power, just as it were during the Shah's regime. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who worked in the operation during the Shah's time merely changed the name, and then carried on with business as usual.

It's not just the Iranians that do this, either. CIA does it, with the recent law passed allowing them now to kill their own citizens too. Mossad does it. The Russians and the Chinese probably do it too. The purpose of intelligence operations being secret, a good friend once told me, was so that they could do what others could not, including assassinations and torture. We might not like that, and we might want to change it, but until we do, that's a fact. It never was about national security, though. It was always about furthering the interests and power of their country's government, whoever it was that wasin power, and increase their own power as well along the way.

It's a heinous crime, to be sure. But let's not act like the Iranians were the ones who came up with the method, or are the only ones who do it. The only difference, of course, is, the Iranians weren't targeting a terrorist. They were targeting a civilian, which makes them themselves the terrorists. Assassinating people in the first place is a pretty low level to stoop to. Assassinating civilians who criticize your government is just a little bit lower still. Assassinating your own citizens for criticizing your government...well.

It's a fine line between being a black ops agent and a terrorist, it seems.
edit on 19-1-2012 by David_Reale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I fairly certain that the Iranian govt. has much bigger things in which to be concerned with at the moment rather than killing a women's rights activist in the US.

But I wouldn't put it past Mossad to off her to incite more fear based hatred towards Iran's Leaders....and subsequent support for a war against these "Islamic Fanatics" .

And as far as our Main Stream Media as compared to State Run Media .....quite frankly ....they are BOTH controlled by the Govt. when you get right down to it....

Who do you think the "Editor" of the majority of most news agencies reports to ?

Why are almost all the leading journalists such as Barbara Walters, Katie Couric and Dan Rather all members of the CFR ? (Council on Foreign Relations)

And guess who owns our leading news wire service....Reuters.....none other than the Rothschilds.

We the Serfs are being played like a Fiddle .....but I'd better get going....can't miss the next spin on Iran on FAUX News !

edit on 19-1-2012 by nh_ee because: Live Free or Die

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

But I wouldn't put it past Mossad to off her to incite more fear based hatred towards Iran's Leaders....and subsequent support for a war against these "Islamic Fanatics" .

Let me get this straight: you think MOSSAD did it? Here is a photo of the victim:

Houston Chronicle

Who usually shoots people who act like that?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
There are plenty of females inside Iran who barely wear their hijab, they wear tight pants with shirts rather than a darth vader robe...The Iranian regime is catering to them

'Catering to them' ... yeah, okay ... :shk:

Morality Police Hit Tehran Streets

Iran's special police unit commences annual campaign to uphold Islamic dress code in country, leading to arrests, fines for not wearing hijab headscarf, nail polish, sandals ...

Europe News - Iran's 'chastity squads'

Islamic dress code to be enforced

Dress code for women tourists in Iran

The fact that there is ANY religious dress code forced upon women is misogny.
It's a power thing that the men want over women.

I wonder why you would want to paint it as if women have less rights in Iran than Saudi Arabia.

That's a lie. Show me where I have said this. I triple dog dare you. Go ahead ... Good luck with that.

Tell me again; why do you only focus on Irans treatment of women and never Saudi Arabias?

That's another lie. How about you prove that statement? Go ahead. Take a long look over all my nearly
20,000 posts here and see what I've said about how women ALL OVER the middle east and persia are
mistreated. Your insinuation is bat-poop crazy and a total fabrication.

Maybe because you have a certain allegiance to them?

I have an 'allegiance' to Saudi Arabia?
OMG .. that's so bizzare!
I'll have to add that to the collection of all the 'allegiances' I've been accused of having over the years ...
(The democrats, the republicans, the left wing radicals, the far right fundamentalists, the JDL,
the KKK, the militia, the New World Order, etc etc .. and now my first Islamic country!)

edit on 1/19/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yeah.. so what if those people that flatly deny Iran would do anything exist you have done nothing to prove them wrong. It would be one thing if there was an ounce of evidence to support what you are saying, but there isn't. You go at it like you have proven something but really you are attaching an opinion to this story as if it is fact and that is something ATS could use a whole lot less of.
edit on 19-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Um who usually shoots people like that? Well, anyone. Could have been a guy that was creeping on her just like that girl that was murdered at Yale. I would say it has more to do with something like that. Could have been an ex boyfriend, a class mate, how about an ignorant religious or over patriotic bigot?

Could be anyone.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What's even more is this story will be put on a pedestal with the exact type of insinuations you are making being the norm. No matter who killed her the hint will be that it may have been Iranians and it will be more fuel to push for this worthless war they are trying to get us in.
OP has already bought tickets and is clearly routing for the bombs.

Here are some comments from the news story

Seems to me that maybe Obama is wrong about how secure our borders are, and now we have Muslim terrorists and murderers coming to a town near you soon. I wonder when the IED’s will start going off here regularly, like they do in the Middle East? TXPilot

I vote she was assassinated.

See just a new way to spread more ignorance and fear, more crackdown to come soon. A lot of idiot Republicans really are straight up wimps (and they are the ones with the guns!), is anyone on this website even remotely afraid of Iranian's? I would love to know.
edit on 19-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

Occam's Razor.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Um who usually shoots people like that? Well, anyone. Could have been a guy that was creeping on her just like that girl that was murdered at Yale. I would say it has more to do with something like that. Could have been an ex boyfriend, a class mate, how about an ignorant religious or over patriotic bigot?

Could be anyone.

Do you mean anyone but Iran? We've already had one vote for MOSSAD on this thread. Would you care to demonstrate your objectivity by saying: "Of course it might have been Iran."

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Remember the old school rules in situations like this, folks.

Cui bono? - Who benefits?

Just my 2 cents. I'll leave the answer to the question to y'all to figure out for yourselves.
edit on 19-1-2012 by David_Reale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I don't see Iran as interested in putting people in the US, much less having the skills to do so.

This was probably a hate crime or random accident. Don't see it as much else.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I don't see Iran as interested in putting people in the US, much less having the skills to do so.

That is a remarkably naive statement. There is a huge Iranian expatriot community in the US, and they live in fear of retaliation from Tehran.

This was probably a hate crime or random accident. Don't see it as much else.

A single bullet. Nothing was taken. I see neither fury nor greed. It was cold blooded. The victim did not look particularly ethnic, so you can rule out hate crime. Nothing was taken, so it wasn't theft. What does that leave?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That is a remarkably naive statement. There is a huge Iranian expatriot community in the US, and they live in fear of retaliation from Tehran.

This is not evidence of oncoming retaliation. The same is true for Chinese in Canada or escaped North Koreans.

A single bullet. Nothing was taken. I see neither fury nor greed. It was cold blooded. The victim did not look particularly ethnic, so you can rule out hate crime. Nothing was taken, so it wasn't theft. What does that leave?

She doesn't look Waspy enough. Reason enough to haters.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You should change your signature to, "My opinion is more important than facts, Ma'am." For Iran to kill one of their own people in the U.S. would be too big a risk at the moment. The revelation that Iranian agents are on American soil killing people would only benefit America and their warmongering goal against Iran. That would be a stupid hand for Iran to show.

Talk about using your opinion to push an agenda. Wow.

If you're right, then good for you, but I seriously doubt it.
edit on 19-1-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by nh_ee

Let me get this straight: you think MOSSAD did it? Here is a photo of the victim:

Houston Chronicle

Who usually shoots people who act like that?

Unless you haven't been paying attention Israel does.

And there have been Israeli death squads in America. Mossad Comes to America: Death Squads by Invitation

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart
reply to post by DJW001

You should change your signature to, "My opinion is more important than facts, Ma'am." For Iran to kill one of their own people in the U.S. would be too big a risk at the moment. The revelation that Iranian agents are on American soil killing people would only benefit America and their warmongering goal against Iran. That would be a stupid hand for Iran to show.

Talk about using your opinion to push an agenda. Wow.

This.. everything you said here makes total sense.
I would say random killing is most likely and then even a frame up killing is more likely still than Iran having anything to do with it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join