It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DuShane

Jesus never said once, that he was God.

Then you have ether never read the New Testament, or you are an out-right liar! Following are verses to prove that Jesus is God in flesh:

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 5:18 - "For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God."

John 8:24 - "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins."

John 8:58 - "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'"

Exodus 3:14 - "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’"

John 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." 31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

John 20:28 - "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Col. 2:9 - "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."

Phil. 2:5-8 - "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Heb. 1:8 - "But of the Son He says, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom."

Quoted from Psalm 45:6, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Thy kingdom."

Also Jesus said to worship God only, yet He receives worship.

Matt. 4:10 - "Then Jesus said to him, 'Begone, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only."’"

Matt. 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."

Matt. 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matt. 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"

Matt. 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

Heb. 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

Jesus made it clear that he was GOD!

Truth is, No one is wrong, and no one is right, As long as you are good, and try your best to pure and helpful, I think everyone will be alright.

But you are wrong. Do you think being a good person will get you into heaven?

It will not... For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. - Romans 3:23

Truth is also absolute not relative.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Idolatry is something your belief has made up, there is no idolatry in my belief.

So, do as I say and not as I do and just trust me. If you test me I will be angry with you.

Six thousand..... one word, DINOSAUR.
2 of every animal, do you realize how many different kinds of animals there are?
Plus food for all of them, I am no engineer but I understand steel boats and the concerns there.
I have questions of the structural integrity.

It is too bad your god created a heaven that could be corrupted, my God is so strong that nothing has ever been corrupted, ever.

None of us know how it started, as none of us were there.
Unless you will take the word of thousands of years of "corruptable" men.

Now the end, won't be for a long time unless man brings it about.
You see how good my God is? Mine will allow me to do and experience anything I want, without fear.
It must be tough to live an entire life in shame and fear.
My God forgives you though, as you have no control over anything you do.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I quote

But you are wrong. Do you think being a good person will get you into heaven?

It will not... For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. - Romans 3:23

Truth is also absolute not relative.

If this is true why follow a "God" like that? you really do have an old timey view of your Religion, all hell fire etc I want to know the reason why you are a born again Christian and have such "set in stone" views.
We are human beings, we question things and that helps us come up with so many great things, If God was really looking down on us I think he would be quite proud in the fact we question him.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by steveknows

You do realize that Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction? And, as such, makes a lot of things up and alters facts to suit the plot to keep readers turning the pages.

You do realize the same was said about all "holy" books?
Do you have proof of what you claim?
Not evidence but irrefutable proof.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Christ was God?

Sooooo.... he was talking to himself during the crucifiction, asking why he had forsaken himself?
Well that's just silly.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

My wording regarding my wife's faith was inaccurate. I should have left the word "doubts" out of it. She has many questions - the subject of hell being one of them - and it wasn't until after my own change of beliefs that she felt comfortable researching things that don't make sense to her. She grew up in a Baptist household, which is why she had a hard time finally being able to seek the truth (in her mind). I thoroughly enjoy hearing about what she learns as now because, since moving to agnosticism, I have respect for the beliefs of all peoples. I may not agree with it or like it, but I respect it.

Anyway, thank you for your concern for us. Clearly you put some significant thought and effort into it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

And the word "Hell" doesn't appear in the original Greek Testament, and neither is it mentioned in some newer OTs or NTs. I guess you got the remake edition, with all the extra scenes added in.

No, it doesn't. I cannot for the life of me figure out why Christians do not know some of these things? Why not do just a little research on your religion, before attempting to shove it down our collective throats?

All this preaching of Hell, fire, Brimstone, and Everlasting Punishment is for one purpose only: Fear. Scare a person bad enough, they will join your cult for safety. I went to Church once upon a time, and I have heard all of the scare tactics preached from the pulpit, and I have been threatened by a few of these that I would be consumed with demons and go straight to Hell. Since that time, I can see this is a normal tactic among Christians. First with the Love, come on in, we love you, then with the Fear, Jesus is the only way, Satan is watching you all the time..... it never changes. The very concept of Hell came from Christianity, after all, the original name was "Gehenna."

Gehenna/Sheol/Hades

Gehenna seems to be employed as a figure or symbol of moral corruption. The word Gehenna, or hell, then, in the New Testament is used as a symbol of anything that was foul and repulsive; but especially as a figure of dreadful and destructive judgments. This does not necessarily mean it is a real, physical place.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat

I consider myself Neo-Pagan and we do not worship Satan. The idea of Satan belongs to Christianity. Its why I left Christianity. I didn't want to hear any more about devils and Satan and Hell. "By their fruits you shall know them" and I was sick of all that stuff.

Me too, in essence that is why I left Christianity. From what I was hearing, they hated everyone and everything not them, and I heard many sermons against rock and roll music, masturbation, sex in general, smoking, drinking, tattoos, and everything else. I was warned not to ever read into anything "occult," because that would send me right to Hell. I found out why this is when I began to study the Occult. Why would they wish to keep it a secret if it came from the God? The "God," (for lack of a better term) that sat down on the mountain and provided Moses with the Quabbala did so for a reason. But yet we are warned to to study it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

I wouldn't care if this thread was written in any other month but c'mon.

Why is Christianity the twice a year holiday?

Let's argue about this in June and see if folks still feel like fighting for their beliefs.

I suspected this was a troll thread and this is certainly the month they get active. I usually dont see anything wrong with troll threads anyway.

I didnt agree with much said here and that started with the thread title.

The title:

"Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!"

I never heard of this anyway. If he meant there are cultural similarities then that would fall under common sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Regarding your personal questions: Because I think you are sincere I will try to answer your questions individually to the best of my ability.

Thanks for that. I am being sincere.
I have nothing but respect for the beliefs others adhere to, and enjoy a healthy, civil discussion on the subject.

There are essentially 3 words associated with Hell... (snipped out the rest to reduce quote size)

This is really my wife's area but we've talked about it frequently, but those are the three words she has mentioned as well. However her research has lead her to other definitions for those terms. She has found comfort in the result - that hell is not a fiery place where souls are tormented for eternity. But rather that non-believers souls are put into a state of rest or sleep. In that state they will remain until after the return of Christ to Earth will they be brought out of that rest, after the believers if I remember correctly. This view (I may have it slightly inaccurate as I am going from memory) is often referred to as Universal Reconciliation.

What I really struggle to understand, however, is why people today are so attached to the idea of hell, and that when confronted with the possibility that such an awful place may not exist, they are deeply offended and call it heresy. That makes no sense to me. Why not embrace the idea that a loving God does not punish anyone, regardless of their actions?

Because genetics are affected by time. As time progresses through-out the centuries the gene pool effectively gets smaller. Thus inbreeding now causes deformity's which it didn't at one point in time. Nowadays the gene pool is far to small for humans to be breeding with family and that is why GOD made it a sin at a certain point in history. The bible tells us it was at Leviticus it became a sin. Adam and eve had perfect genes, and were probably of a higher physical calibre, intelligence, and immune system. This is also the same reason diseases are increasing,

An interesting answer. If what you say is true, and that DNA started off pure, wouldn't there be evidence of that found in the remains of people who lived long ago? By the way, this is not an attempt to twist your words, but "genetics are affected by time" seems to be skirting awfully close to the concept of evolution.

I could ask you the same about evolution. Why buy into that? (cut out the rest to shorten the quote)

First - you didn't answer my question!
Not a big deal. I did do a bit of reading on the concept of Young Earth creationism. I had assumed it applied to the entire Universe rather than just Earth. However I get the impression that isn't the case. And as this particular subject is based heavily upon how one interprets the story of Genesis, either literally or not, I am inclined to step away from discussing it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus was a mortal man and a cult leader and nothing more.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was born & raised in the South, taken to church every Sunday, called to go forward at the end of the service at the age of 6. Was baptisted, years later rededicated my life, read the Bible, New Testament four times, read a few more authors and found out why the Christian Organization doesn't want you to read anything else. Dogma.
Why else is FAITH the main ingredient? Every congame perpetrated on man needs this essential ingredient. No exceptions. Even above TRUTH!!!
History like the Inquisition, Cathars, general conduct of The Christian Org. should not be examined closely.
Of the 4 Gospels why doesn't Mark mention the Resurection? That's a BFD in the history of mankind (only if it's true) why hasn't ANY philosopher that shared time and space with Jesus not mentioned a Virgin Birth & Resurection? Why can't modern man even prove there was a place called Nazareth at the time Jesus was "born"?
www.probe.org...

reply to post by LunaKat

If you do not worship the God of Noah, then you worship satan by default. Preaching of hell is important, if you had a loved one was walking towards a cliff, wouldn't it only be right to warn them? If pastor is not preaching hell then they are not doing there job. Even Jesus mentioned hell more then he did heaven. This was for a very important reason. Satan's biggest deception is convincing people that hell doesn't exist, so he can steal your soul for eternity. All you have to do is look at all the evil in the world and it is clear there are dark forces at work that are controlling things behind the scenes.
edit on 3-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Have read the sorry of Gilgamesh? Written by the FIRST CIVILIZATION RECORDED. The Adam and the Eve,
The great flood, Jehovah (Enlil), the serpent, Eden, Sodom & Gomorrah, we're all represented at the time of the first humans, the Sumerians. Everything else is passed on word of mouth and filtered thru several generations of nervous systems and changed to fit the culture and/or the powers of the age (lies).
The Sumerians are the first humans, fact, they were the first to write, worship, grow crops, set laws, form a society.
Go read what they say about their Gods, since they were the first humans to encounter Gods. Fact. Everything else shows some similarity because the original was just that. All else is a faint copy of events.
the hardest thing to swallow about all of this is the shear arrogance of Christians believing they are the only people accepted by (their) "god" and only a few of them will even go down the narrow path to "heaven".
Simply put "love Jesus or go to HELL!!!!"

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
None of those stories about the Pagans said that ANY of those gods died for our sins.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Thanks for your post. In my search to find Truth and Fact - - I did.

It is my search for god - - that end resulted in me being Atheist.

I can see though - - the logic of Paganism. Basically worshiping life and what creates life.

edit on 4-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Seeing as you are not going to look at your own documents may I remind you that I said the history books not historical documents from people that were not even alive at the time Jesus was supposed to be.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
None of those stories about the Pagans said that ANY of those gods died for our sins.

Hi arpgme, I should know better than to peek at this thread...but I did it anyways
OK, there are a whole lot of types of Pagans just like there are a lot of branches of Christianity but the concept of "sin" is kinda foreign. I've never run across Pagans talking about sins while I've been Neo-Pagan. So no one has to die for us. You only need someone to atone if you believe you are sinful. We don't.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yes that may be a work of fiction but there are plenty of non-fiction books on the subject which pose good, interesting and challenging concepts.

However, to actually believe that Jesus had a wife he would have had to have existed in the first place, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've enjoyed reading this thread and thought I'd add my thoughts too.
While I do believe Jesus did walk the Earth and performed miracles, I believe it was more the use of magic and Jesus himself said "you can do what I do". We've been taught/told what to believe.
The magic miracles is actually His use of the energy force in all of us but this is construed as 'occult' because what would we we capable of if we could perform these
Miraces so the masses were told what to
Believe etc via the bible as the were illiterate they trusted their Leaders.

Anyway, I think the answers to who God or Creator is goes back to the Sumerian tablets, I think it was Their Gods who created the first bible ie the clay tablets and all
They wanted humans to do was be good to each other.

Throughout the ages they've sent various prophets Inc Jesus to try to reinforce the message in their absence ...
All it's done though is cause death n wars.
In short, humanity should really look at how we treat fellow humans, animals and the earth. THAT is what it's all about .
Sorry for going on,just my thoughts ...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

I must admit that the 'Sin' always baffled me.'
Has mankind to pay forever for Adam and Eve' sin? When we weren't even around then.'
Then if I understanding correctly , God sent his Son to die for us... HE must have loved him and us lots to send his only Son to suffer like he did, he knew the outcome, so why put HIs Son through that, looking at today's society what good has it done ??

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The story of Mithra talks about him dying for the salvation of man. To better understand the "sacrifice of Jesus", you must first understand what the etymology of the word "sin" is. The word sin means "mistake". Not some unforgivable mistake, just a mistake, no matter how small or extreme.
You spill some coffee on your white carpet... you've sinned.
You wrote December 5th 2010 on a check, when it was really December 5th 2011... you've sinned.
You killed a man in cold blood... you've sinned.
You pissed your pants in pre-school... you've sinned.
You went and spent money watching the lastest installment of Twilight... you've sinned.

The seven deadly sins stem from the fact that these particular mistakes were the ones likely to get you killed or imprisoned, and so were the ones taught outright to make sure people were safe and moral. Mithra, like in the story of Christ, died as a result of the mistakes of man... he did not die for them, as a way of erasing our own inherent evil.

reply to post by LunaKat

I made the same mistake you did. I said to myself "I'll just have a look and see what direction that thread has taken. I'm not gonna write anything else... and then I came across the above statement."
*sigh*
This site really needs a face palm emoticon.
I'm not even going to get into the Noah populated the world discussion. The 6000 year timeline that went along with that claim was enough to debunk it.

edit on 4-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join