It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any surefire way to prove to your inner skeptic that you are an indigo adult?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
What I wish to know is if there is a surefire method of determining whether or not an indigo.

NO!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

and now stand in front of a mirror and look in your eyes.
be calm.
focus.

and feel the energy that flows in your veins.
feel your soul.

of course you can.
you know it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Indeed, thank you Jedi Hamster your mature logic has helped knock me back in place, now I see my purpose.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hmm I have a question or few. We shall see.

If I read correctly (and I only previously skimmed about indigo children some in the past but never in full detail) it is those who are "born" with an indigo aura OR "have" an indigo aura. Clarification please?

Because from what I have studied with aura's and see myself... They ARE ever changing. They don't stay the same, but change with mood and other reasons. YES there usually is an underlying color tone but the point is they are ever changing. I'm not dismissing the "theory" of indigo children or adults just questioning it. I'm sure there is much more to it than just having an indigo aura.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NixieJean

there is more. i would say dominating ('main' aura) color says something, but that's not what defines indigos. when it comes to what defines them, i guess i've explained it all in this thread already.

it may be hard to pinpoint down for someone that isn't an indigo, while those that are, just feel it, even if they don't know the label others stick to them because of their traits (which is more than often the case - indigos usually don't know they're not the only ones - that's why they often feel alienated). just read through my posts and if you'll have any questions, i'll answer.

is indigo aura 'a must have' for indigos? maybe. i would say that indigos are evolving through all their life, so in theory it's possible that one may attain indigo aura later on, while being born an indigo. it's hard to say, especially that aura colors in children tend to differ from those of an adult, so i wouldn't consider checking auras of children to be a way to recognize indigos. additionally, i think that one's aura color may change (the 'main', dominating color), as one moves forward on his spiritual path. in such case, indigo color would be just a beginning.

www.paganspath.com...
www.auraphoto.com...

one person once said i have extremely purple aura. make of it what you want.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've read through some of the thread. Like I said I was just curious as to the answer of it.

Personally I feel: if you are or aren't what difference should it make? You/we are all here for a purpose. It is defining that purpose and making the choices that also define us. Are some people more special than others? Maybe. But. Isn't it the moment you put a label on something/one the moment it may become arrogant? Losing it's humility.

That's why I stopped looking into the indigo phenomenon. It's great to have mentors and teachers out there to guide us. However. The more labels we put on people the more they loose. The less they look inside for the answers. Not that it may not be very well true. Just that we should be reminded that with in is the answer and without. So many expect answers to be on the Internet. Or coming out of another mouth.

Just my take on it. But then again, I could always be wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The less they look inside for the answers.

This isn't a choice or an option for some people.
There is no other place to look, there is no alternative.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

we aren't more special than others. we are just different. we don't need labels, neither we care about them. we're not the one putting labels.

you've said you've read through some of this thread. read all of it, that will help you to understand what i'm saying.

knowing that one knows more, feels more and understands more, should one be humble? maybe. but is claiming such things loosing one's humility? or is treating it that way a sign of jealousy and arrogance?

who said we need humility anyway? we're fighters, not monks. we are our own gods.
everyone should be.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

we are our own gods.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
not to refute nor endorse claims of indigo's or anything of the sort but i have noticed that descriptions and characteristics of "indigos" are eerily similar to what we call ADHD and ADHD has been around before this Indigo concept :/ jus sayin

Yeah I agree, the reason we are having more ADHD and Autism cases popping up now a days is because of all the meds and garbage we are putting in our children's bodies. Your not anymore special then anyone else in the world people, you just need a little more help to be able to function normally.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

while i agree about adhd and other things being the results of garbage being dropped into children's bodies, it has nothing to do with indigos.

we don't need help, and according to what we know, it's the rest of this world that isn't functioning normally. we are perfectly fine, don't worry about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

while i agree about adhd and other things being the results of garbage being dropped into children's bodies, it has nothing to do with indigos.

we don't need help, and according to what we know, it's the rest of this world that isn't functioning normally. we are perfectly fine, don't worry about it.

I wasn't directing the you need help portion of my comment towards Indigos, it was towards the army of inflicted people on ATS that believe that their issues make them special. Like you stated in a earlier post, they really just need a doctor. Badly.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just my opinion here.. from a person who was informed they were an "Indigo".

I think you will believe you are an indigo if you believe in indigos. If you dont, you arent an indigo regardless of your aura or the other little things that are supposed to be indications. If you need to have a label or whatever to feel special or your existence validated, I guess this one is as good as any. Not to be rude, but let me explain where I am coming from for this.

I am middle of the road, reasonably rational, somewhat eccentric, and basically able to fit in anywhere with no "crowd". One day I chose to be a recluse and its been fun, but before that choice I had other kinds of fun. One of my close friends is a super-duper new ager.. and I am easily amused, so I went to this huge "psychic" convention in Dallas with her several yrs ago. I got the photographs and readings and such.. it was a blast ( especially because Im a horrid sKeptiK aka I really want to believe but just havent been convinced of many things yet... some things, yes..) and some of the things were actually on the money. Well, I had several people mention the indigo thing and suggested I take the psychic ability screenings. I didnt because I came to have fun and not be tested.. and I definitely dont want to find out if Im truly psychic because I love being able to claim Im as psychic as a clump of dirt.I find the less thats expected to come from the the more amused I am.

Well, my friend was thrilled that I was an "indigo". I didnt FEEL like an indigo. I am no one and nothing special. My only claim to fame is being able to talk to dogs and having just enough charisma to get my way a lot.. but thats all pretty common and my dog still occasionally poops where I told him NOT to. So, being labeled an Indigo really didnt do much for me or provide me with any more insight into myself that I already had. I discovered no mysteries about myself. I certainly felt no ties or binds with the other indigos there.. they actually had a booth ( ROFL!) and actually felt sort of distainful toward them for whatever reason. It just seemed all so contrived and silly..*shrug*

My surefire "proof" from more than one stranger really did not change my view on it because I had already formed my view of myself.I already knew I was the shiz. Just as no surefire proof will change your conception of yourself that you already hold.
Now, if they were giving our free MMPI testing, I may be more enlightened than I was.

Im telling you this to illustrate my opinion that a label does nothing for you. The only thing a label does is impress others who are impressed by labels. You, as a sovereign, powerful, and sentient being, need no special group or designation to be something phenomenal/amazing/special in your own right with no support. If you feel you NEED a group or label to validate you or lend to your personal power, you have already lost the game in my opinion and thats probably why I felt so negative concerning the Indigo booth.. and the folks themselves individually in that booth. I personally believe that all human beings have the potential to be "special".. and all on their own with no group support. Most are just too fearful or caught up in groupthink or societal brainwashing to truly recognize their potential. You also dont need a psychic or special sight or neat photography or results of a test to SEE a special person. They dont need to tell you they are special as it is evident without props.

Sooo OP.. stop chasing after a label and stop needing to feel special only if you can attach yourself to something larger than yourself. BE you.. live to your potential and you will truly BE special and stand out among the folks with the shade still firmly hiding their light. No groups, labels, signs, etc required. When you are truly special, you dont have to tell others you are or hold a sign exclaiming LOOKIE.. IM AN INDIGO. You will certainly not need a group to prop up your beliefs concerning yourself or validate the unrealized power you have just as an average human being.

Now ya'll.. dont stone me. Im just sayin'...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

i apologize then.

still, they're not all the same. some are just attention seekers claiming to already be on spiritual mt everest, usually having hippie attitude ('oh, this world is so cruel, lets spread love') - and those need a doctor badly, because they have their minds screwed up by newage bs, to say it gently.

others - like this thread shows - are just lost. it's hard to understand what's going on when everyone around seems to be from the other world - thinking differently, acting differently - and such lack of spirituality and deeper feelings in many people, acting to the rythm of their tv screen blinks, in extreme cases can cause a feeling of disgust in such lost person. such people are in a way half-indigos - they lack their inner connection to their higher selves, but they're much more sensitive than most of the society. without that inner voice they aren't convinced that they're right and the rest is wrong - quite the contrary, they often blame themselves for their raised spirituality, thinking that something is wrong with them, and they're sometimes not able to find their own path without help of someone like them or indigos - because every path that society proposes them, is bound to be exactly the oposite of what their destiny is.

humanity is rising - at least part of it. there were always some idiots amongst humans, but we shouldn't let them stop us from helping those that are really trying to see beyond the horizon.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

i guess i'll repeat myself, but indigos are just different. we're not after labels, it's the last thing we need. i would say you're not one, because if you would be, something inside you would told you so - without naming it, you would just know it. still, your opinion - while understood considering your personal experience - is i guess influenced by people that aren't exactly those that they claim to be. i have a feeling you haven't encountered an indigo in your real life just yet - just indigo wannabes, perhaps those needing a doctor. badly.

please, read the thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

being able to talk to dogs

Funny you mentioned this.

I have two Siberian Huskies, the breed is very much in tune with the energy around them and in their environment. They are very clever animals. Anyone who has ever had a Husky can attest to this. Sometimes I sit with them and we have entire conversations just using our energy. I can simply give either one of them a "look", focusing my energy on the action I am looking for, they understand me. I don't think of it as a special ability or anything like that. It's just these dogs were meant to be my dogs, just like I was meant to be their person.

It's amazing.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

without naming it, you would just know it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Ive done little research on the matter. But interesting stuff. I believe everyome is special. We all have that drive to be special because we r. We all have our purpose in life, glorious or not, it is important. Some types have labels some dont it doesnt mean ur not special. Ive always felt special and different and thats because i am. We all r. I would consider myself a "indigo" but thats just a feeling i dont let it define or control me. People just need to find what makes them unique. Stop hating on people who r just looking for why they are unique. Dont rely on a label to make u feel special. U r and u dont need to prove it to anyone, just know it and be content and happy!
:3

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't know about the indigo stuff, but I'm wondering about this awakening thing. Since more and more people are realizing there's more than what meets the eye, is there a propability for the 100th monkey effect on this subject?

Maybe 2012 thing or something like that. When the 100th monkey "gets" it, somehow throught collective consiousness magicly transorms those who are capable of realizing something "out of blue"?

Like overriding a Matrix system? Pulling the plugs off?

That would rock!

Pondering that, the little anarchist in me is once again smiling
edit on 18-12-2011 by twosides because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2011 by twosides because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I know from the replies in this thread that what I ma about to say is going to get slated but I don't care.

I looked into this Indigo thing with a lot of skepticism, and I found to my amusement that not only am I an Indigo one of the first wave but my children are too.
In fact my childrens' natal sidereal birth charts show what this Youtube video describes.

www.youtube.com...

But then so do quite a lot of people since Neptune conjunct with Uranus (If I remember correctly.) But I feel that the bloodlines give it a genetic boost.

I have never told anyone. And my children can see auras and mine does change but it always has an indigo overtone in it. If I am feeling love, they say it is purply pink.

I don't treat my kids any different, except I expect a lot more empathy from them and love towards their fellow man.
Finally having a label, after all these years, has been actually been liberating. Over the years I have been told I was a prophet, a shaman, a healer but I have shied away from pigeon holes and just kept going in my path. And I definitely distrust authority, as my husband will confirm.

I believe that the Indigos are not from outer space but a benevolent God, who knew that the earth would need balancing, as the enemy had been growing their offspring ready for the end of the age.
Indigos are warriors yet highly empathic and they will need to be. (This could apply to anyone with these traits, yes I know.)

Having a label could restrict some but others would find freedom, it all depends on your personality.
I was already doing freaky things before the Indigo label and I will continue doing freaky things after the label. Having the label made it easier to see I was not alone; there were others out there doing these freaky things too.

And I have heard and healed my pets, as have my kids and I think that has been a gift. Who wouldn't want that.

And remember I have not felt the need to broadcast it from the rooftops, today I only wanted to share, to help the OP.
In fact I have kept the warrior stuff to myself, as my reward in Heaven will be so much greater.

Hope you find the peace you seem to need.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join