It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any surefire way to prove to your inner skeptic that you are an indigo adult?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

if you would read what i've posted with understanding, and then you would read what you've posted, you would see it's your post that doesn't make sense. you've known your whole life what your purpose is - and that is - amongst other things - what i meant saying that those considered to be indigo just know - they know they're not exactly like others and that their destination is different. they do NOT need a label, nor are using it. what's the difference if you're called indigo or not? you've known who you are - does it matter at all if you know that people like you are called indigo? do you know better, understand better thanks to that? of course not. yet you act like it matters to you - so ask yourself, what does it mean for you if you're indigo or not? only you know who you really are - do you need a label for others to see? because if you do, you are not one of indigos.

i have nothing against people believing that they are here to help others. on the other side, i have much against people blabling constantly about themselves, feeding their ego, while doing NOTHING to help others - despite their claims that they're indigos. I know I am unique and thus proud - these are his words, from this post. he lacks self-confidence, he wants to feel special - and finds a name for it: indigo. his sanity tells him that he's fooling himself, so he starts this thread to find others like him to tell him that he's one of them - and he finds them, because such people are always first to tell each other "i am indigo, you are indigo, we're all indigos, let's spread love and light". unfortunately, all that indigo-wannabes spread, is complete BS. there's quite a number of such people on ATS - and they're the main reason why real indigos here extremely rarely use 'indigo' to describe themselves - the other reason being they do not need to talk about themselves, because they don't seek attention.

real indigos don't care about labels.
real indigos don't need to know about 'indigo' label to be indigos.
real indigos know who they are - and 'who' doesn't mean 'indigo' - 'indigo' is just a label invented by others.
real indigos are not 'love peace hippies' nor 'pink little ponnies' - they can get pissed, and noone sane would like to piss one off.

if you think indigo can't be 'evil' - you're just plain wrong. everyone has own free will - indigos as well - and everyone has the right to decide if he wants to serve the others or himself. also, both 'good' and 'evil' are labels, just like 'indigo'. labels that - when looking at the bigger picture - don't mean much.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

If you want inner certainty, you have to work for it.

This isn't true. Some people are just born knowing....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

I am but uncertain whether my gut is correct or misleading me

This makes me sad. If you can't trust your gut, what the hell can you trust

Anyway, why are you trying so hard to figure it out?
Just BE. The answers will come when you're ready for them.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Where do isign up? When do the indigos depart from earth? You're goign to have a trail of a 7 billion people i hope they have a big shapceship to haul us to the new earth

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by indigothefish

I've looked into this, Kirlian photography deals with photographing electricity, what specifically would be seen in a Kirlian Photo, if it does in fact show auras (which I dont think it does) that would distinguish one as an Indigo Child (or adult lol)

indigo is a color, and 'indigo children' as they call them have indigo auras.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Internet tests aren't always accurate.
This line is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Well, no, I didn't read all of your posts on this topic, just the one directed to me.
But I feel that we really don't differ much on opinion, nor was I trying to imply that your post didn't make sense.

I do see where you're coming from, that true indigo's wouldn't 'need' the label or be trying to convince others that they were. From my point of view, however, I didn't feel that the OP was necessarily falling in to that, they just needed a little extra reconfirmation.
But, as I mentioned in my original reply, I don't think that I am (or anyone is) any more special for learning they are 'indigo,' but yes, I will admit that it did help me in my own personal development to learn about indigos. Realizing that I am not alone in my endeavors helped me realized that perhaps it wasn't so futile. It also allowed me to get in touch with a few more like-minded people who also helped reassure me that I was on the right path. It allowed more of a 'community,' which I believe is important in psychology.
Also, if you read my comment to 'Cuerzo,' where, amongst other things, I said,
"I believe many indigo's get side tracked and do not ultimately serve that purpose [of spreading awareness], and choose to serve more of their ego-needs."
See, I too agree that not all indigo's are hippie-dippie-free-loving spiritual types. Many may not even fully 'believe' in God. That is okay. I have always felt that I was 'different' and a little more radical/active with my beliefs, but for a long while I was angry at the world and spread my 'awareness' through anger, which is ultimately only serving my ego. (That was right after I really learned just how corrupt, and to what scale of disarray, our entire government/world is in.)
But, through many lessons, many experiences, I have grown and changed. Now, I do try to lean towards the 'love and light,' and I make it a goal everyday to...not necessarily 'help' people, but just to be nice and 'real' with them, to show them people care. Although I do still work on my temper which flares up nearly uncontrollably sometimes, especially when I perceive something I believe is morally wrong. I think many who know me well would agree, you don't want to piss me off. (Even though 95% of the time I am a very chill/relaxed person.) This is something I am working on though. Because I want to be able to communicate my true purpose/message in a way that people will want to listen. That's why I reach out to people on this board, like yourself, too.

Anyway, I think we're on the same page mostly.
I just wanted to give the OP a little extra boost of confidence that if s/he wants to listen to their gut. I understand its sometimes hard to believe in anything spiritual in a world that is so 'logical' sometimes.

Regardless of who believes what, I think that as long as we decide the most important thing is to get a long and to evolve/grow as a single species, we'll all be okay.

Cheers.
edit on 30-11-2011 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

indigos don't need confirmation. they know, since early childhood. since he doesn't and he seeks proof - he is not. period.

i've mentioned extremely strong will and self-confidence. indigos know who they are, know what they believe and know what they want. their natural reaction to anyone trying to influence them, to anyone trying to bend their will, to anyone showing disrespect to them - is a rise of their - already high - self-confidence. their strong will can reach levels mostly unreachable for others and there are things they find very hard to tolerate. did you feel during some moments in your life (moments that you would most likely want to forget) such a will-powered cold and highly controlled rage that you've felt like you can destroy something/someone to pieces just with the power of your mind? i guess you did.

indigos are highly sensitive - it's not empathy. it's far more than that, they can feel what others feel, they can read minds, they can tell what others are about to say, they feel people's emotions, sense intentions, lies, they even can manipulate minds without even intending to do so - they can easily influence others to get what they want, just by talking to them.

because of that sensitivity, it's hard for them to shield from people's suffering and as a result, they're usually doing their best to help others - but they're not angels and they're not innocent. they are fighters, because their strong sense of destiny to fulfill, combined with extremely strong will, while giving them the power to bring peace and happiness to this world, also binds them to their own path they wish to follow, and while others allow themselves to be influenced by the expectations of the society, their families and friends, indigos are so certain about their own path that one can only feel truly sorry for anyone trying to influence an indigo.
edit on 30-11-2011 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well said.
Thanks for enlightening me that much more.
I definitely see where you're coming from more clearly, although I still have a to say, that I don't necessarily write off the OP as non-indigo just because s/he asked. But I do see what you mean about the strong will and confidence. Frankly, only the OP knows the answer.
From the moment I heard of indigos...I just knew.
And yes, I definitely have felt that I could destroy someone with my rage...yet, as of the last year, I've been trying to channel that rage into something more positive for others. It is quite a lesson. My 'will power', or as those who know me better call it my 'stubbornness,' is a very big part of my life too. But what can i say? I believe what I believe, and I am learning more everyday.
Thanks again for more information on Indigos. Though I agree a 'label' is only a label, it does help me on a more self-introspective sense to understand as much as I can my own personal traits and psychology. It's kind of like a very accurate horoscope reading.

Have a good night.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

i'll put it in different words, so perhaps you'll understand.
indigos don't need a label. indigo is a label sticked to them by those that aren't one of them. that's why over 99% of those claiming to be indigos are in reality people with personality disorders. real indigo will very rarely talk about it at all, and even then it's highly unlikely such person will use the label 'indigo'.

they don't need to call themselves this or that, they don't need to prove anything to themselves, because they KNOW, and for the same exact reason they don't give a damn if someone believes them or not.

and the reason things are that way, is very simple. people like you are giving them extremely bad public relations, ridiculing 'indigo label' beyond belief. they know what they're standing for and they're not a bunch of peace-loving hippies - they are fighters with extremely strong will.

and you? you don't even know who you are. you think you're one of them? give me a break.

my friend jedi,
...? how would you know? you seem to be so knowing. Please enlighten us who are trying to understand.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

indigos don't need confirmation. they know, since early childhood. since he doesn't and he seeks proof - he is not. period.

i've mentioned extremely strong will and self-confidence. indigos know who they are, know what they believe and know what they want. their natural reaction to anyone trying to influence them, to anyone trying to bend their will, to anyone showing disrespect to them - is a rise of their - already high - self-confidence. their strong will can reach levels mostly unreachable for others and there are things they find very hard to tolerate. did you feel during some moments in your life (moments that you would most likely want to forget) such a will-powered cold and highly controlled rage that you've felt like you can destroy something/someone to pieces just with the power of your mind? i guess you did.

indigos are highly sensitive - it's not empathy. it's far more than that, they can feel what others feel, they can read minds, they can tell what others are about to say, they feel people's emotions, sense intentions, lies, they even can manipulate minds without even intending to do so - they can easily influence others to get what they want, just by talking to them.

because of that sensitivity, it's hard for them to shield from people's suffering and as a result, they're usually doing their best to help others - but they're not angels and they're not innocent. they are fighters, because their strong sense of destiny to fulfill, combined with extremely strong will, while giving them the power to bring peace and happiness to this world, also binds them to their own path they wish to follow, and while others allow themselves to be influenced by the expectations of the society, their families and friends, indigos are so certain about their own path that one can only feel truly sorry for anyone trying to influence an indigo.
edit on 30-11-2011 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

apology jedi
I see further down you explained your thoughts. Thank you
forgive my impatience.
:-)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Well, no, I didn't read all of your posts on this topic, just the one directed to me.
But I feel that we really don't differ much on opinion, nor was I trying to imply that your post didn't make sense.

I do see where you're coming from, that true indigo's wouldn't 'need' the label or be trying to convince others that they were. From my point of view, however, I didn't feel that the OP was necessarily falling in to that, they just needed a little extra reconfirmation.
But, as I mentioned in my original reply, I don't think that I am (or anyone is) any more special for learning they are 'indigo,' but yes, I will admit that it did help me in my own personal development to learn about indigos. Realizing that I am not alone in my endeavors helped me realized that perhaps it wasn't so futile. It also allowed me to get in touch with a few more like-minded people who also helped reassure me that I was on the right path. It allowed more of a 'community,' which I believe is important in psychology.
Also, if you read my comment to 'Cuerzo,' where, amongst other things, I said,
"I believe many indigo's get side tracked and do not ultimately serve that purpose [of spreading awareness], and choose to serve more of their ego-needs."
See, I too agree that not all indigo's are hippie-dippie-free-loving spiritual types. Many may not even fully 'believe' in God. That is okay. I have always felt that I was 'different' and a little more radical/active with my beliefs, but for a long while I was angry at the world and spread my 'awareness' through anger, which is ultimately only serving my ego. (That was right after I really learned just how corrupt, and to what scale of disarray, our entire government/world is in.)
But, through many lessons, many experiences, I have grown and changed. Now, I do try to lean towards the 'love and light,' and I make it a goal everyday to...not necessarily 'help' people, but just to be nice and 'real' with them, to show them people care. Although I do still work on my temper which flares up nearly uncontrollably sometimes, especially when I perceive something I believe is morally wrong. I think many who know me well would agree, you don't want to piss me off. (Even though 95% of the time I am a very chill/relaxed person.) This is something I am working on though. Because I want to be able to communicate my true purpose/message in a way that people will want to listen. That's why I reach out to people on this board, like yourself, too.

Anyway, I think we're on the same page mostly.
I just wanted to give the OP a little extra boost of confidence that if s/he wants to listen to their gut. I understand its sometimes hard to believe in anything spiritual in a world that is so 'logical' sometimes.

Regardless of who believes what, I think that as long as we decide the most important thing is to get a long and to evolve/grow as a single species, we'll all be okay.

Cheers.
edit on 30-11-2011 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

ekeveb44 ...
are you an indigo?
just curious do you have children? the emotions things you explained I get. Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Humans only use 8-10% of potential brain power

Old wives tale. Google it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
if an old wives tale then the question is,
do we use more than that...
or less.....some humans I know use less. I have witnessed it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

some?
oh my. an optimist.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hey Speaknoevil,
I do believe I am indigo.
I remember when I was about five years old, laying in bed and 'praying' (talking) to God. I asked 'Why am I here?' Very clearly, the response was 'To save lives.'
At the time I was confused. Was i to be a doctor? A fire fighter? EMT?
Now I see it in a different light.
I do not have any children yet. But I am engaged and will be getting married within the next year.
I'm excited to see what our children will be like. My fiance is not indigo, but is very spiritual and in tune with a lot of whats happening. She is the one who I first heard about 'indigos' from, and is the one who re-introduced me to God in a way that made sense to me.

If you would like to talk about anything, I love a good conversation. Feel free to u2u me.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Your rudeness is much appreciated, I would explain what you clearly misunderstood
You butcher our existence., it is through your actions that we are declared narcissistic. Do to my upbringing I have doubts but its hard not to these days. In my heart I am an indigo or whatever label you wish to put on my/our heads this is not what I wish or believe it is what I know. I am not better than you and nor are you to me. Thus said, please forgive me if my words or existence offends you
Namaste brother

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So thus indigo is a born trait given only those deemed worthy? Is it like a magic treehouse where you may not enter without a password. Let's say for some sake that the list of characteristics are correct I match ever single minuscule trait. May I be permitted entrance gate mother?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
JohnCreed777, i may disappoint you, but if you see rudeness in my posts, well. it is your problem, not mine. the only person declaring yourself narcissistic, is you - because of your words and your attitude towards those that are different. believe what you want, your behaviour speaks for itself: you are not an indigo.

wanna know why? first, as an indigo you would never lower yourself to such an aggressive attitude just to prove that you are one. you would know deeply inside who you are and that would be enough for you - but first, you don't know, and second, what you believe is obviously not enough for you, because you're searching for a confirmation (let's not fool ourselves, you're not looking for a proof - but for a confirmation, for a pat in the back) and you attack everyone that dares to say otherwise.

second, lists of characteristics are created by those that aren't indigos. they know nothing about being one. that's not to say that non-indigo cannot understand how it feels to be one (but that's, mostly, also true) - but all i can do when i see people checking if they match some silly list of 'indigo characteristics' - created by parents trying hard to prove that their child is special (which is sad on it's own - every child is, indigo or not), containing crap like adhd - is to feel sorry for them. you're an adult, right? don't you know your true value? are you so lost that you have to fight on ATS, trying to prove you're someone that you are obviously not? look in a mirror and ask yourself, who are you?

and no, you cannot become one. fortunately for you, it's a born trait. fortunately, because you cannot comprehend how much of a burden it is. how much pain it brings, when you can feel what someone feels, when you can read thoughts and emotions of someone that is even miles away. but go ahead, be jealous and call us 'worthy'.

worthy of feeling someone else's tears running down we are.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

and no, you cannot become one. fortunately for you, it's a born trait. fortunately, because you cannot comprehend how much of a burden it is. how much pain it brings, when you can feel what someone feels, when you can read thoughts and emotions of someone that is even miles away. but go ahead, be jealous and call us 'worthy'.

Boy you said a mouth full there
totally agree. Burden, to say the least! It's tiresome and frustrating when you just know.... but what are ya gonna do. Just hope you can lead by example and if even one person in the world hears you, it makes it all worth it. Indigo is a beautiful color but labels are stupid

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join