It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any surefire way to prove to your inner skeptic that you are an indigo adult?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I know I know, another nonsense indigo post from this Guy?!?!?! To thus my reply is I am still on a quest for answers. What I wish to know is if there is a surefire method of determining whether or not an indigo. I've taken all these indigo tests and analyzed the characteristic data, according to all of this I am an indigo adult and have no reason to question otherwise. Due to my upbringing of illogical ignorant skepticism I can't help to question without irrefutable evidence. Not to mention to some of the strange theories on the subject. To make this even more confusing, somewhere in my gut I know I am but uncertain whether my gut is correct or misleading me, any help? Thank you

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

You are an indigo.

Trust me.

(You wouldn't be asking if you weren't.)
edit on 30-11-2011 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

kirlian photography

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I can't help to question without irrefutable evidence

That's a good thing. I don't believe in the Indigo stuff. So far the only test I can see would be asking family and friends if you suffer from unwarranted self importance and a massive ego making you think you are somehow more special than the rest of us. Or have ADHD.

I'm not trying to knock on people for feeling a certain disconnect, and I've seen things I can't explain but all the evidence I have seen suggests the Indigo thing is a HOAX to make money off the ignorant who want answers for behavioral/emotional problems.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

your post made me laugh.

To the op- I dont really know if we can be certain of this, personally I find the indigo child story very appealing, but I just dont buy into it for some reason. My personal understanding, which has no proof beyond my own spiritual path and inquiry, is that those who are considered indigo children were inhabiting the higher astral worlds longer, and with more control than most of us. They are here on earth because I do think this planet is in transition to higher levels of awareness, and they have been attracted here to partake in this transformation and add to it.

A little off topic, my favorite excerpt regarding astral worlds is from Autobiography of a Yogi, the chapter "the Ressurection of Sri Yukteswar"

heres a little excerpt, the chapter itself explains in great depth the astral realm and how it works. The entire book is free to read online, its hands down one of my favorites. SOURCE

"Beings with unredeemed earthly karma are not permitted after astral death to go to the high causal sphere of cosmic ideas, but must shuttle to and fro from the physical and astral worlds only, conscious successively of their physical body of sixteen gross elements, and of their astral body of nineteen subtle elements. After each loss of his physical body, however, an undeveloped being from the earth remains for the most part in the deep stupor of the death-sleep and is hardly conscious of the beautiful astral sphere. After the astral rest, such a man returns to the material plane for further lessons, gradually accustoming himself, through repeated journeys, to the worlds of subtle astral texture.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I've looked into this, Kirlian photography deals with photographing electricity, what specifically would be seen in a Kirlian Photo, if it does in fact show auras (which I dont think it does) that would distinguish one as an Indigo Child (or adult lol)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The term "indigo children" originated with parapsychologist and self-described synesthete and psychic Nancy Ann Tappe, who developed the concept in the 1970s. Tappe published the book Understanding Your Life Through Color in 1982 describing the concept,[2] stating that during the mid 1960s she began noticing that many children were being born with "indigo" auras

wikipedia.org

There's your answer. Find someone that can perceive auras and ask them what color yours is.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I dont really know if we can be certain of this, personally I find the indigo child story very appealing, but I just dont buy into it for some reason.

It is very appealing. That's why I think it's fake. We grew up with superheroes and deep down we all want to make a difference. It feels good to belong to something when we feel alone. I just think that people pushing the Indigo thing are in it for purely selfish reasons.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I believe you misunderstand the subject I don't consider myself more special or important than others and an ego I have would be an anti ego, just unique. What's the difference between a monkey and a primate? Nothing, they're both the same thing same with us. So what if we're evolved, we're all human in this world
Skeptics against the new idea indigo is like a former Jock hating a former nerd because he is more successfully because he chose to learn. I understand your view afterall I was somewhat "normal" until two years ago my mind state of mind was altered by an unusual lunar event known as a super moon. I bid you peace

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

i agree, we all want to isolate ourselves as special, I think its pretty natural. I dont know much about who started it or what money they might be making, but one of my yardsticks of truth is if it is possible for one person it must be possible for all. If they make claims that some are indigo and others are not, I simply dont buy it. On the other hand if 'indigo child' is a potential to be reached by all man, I'm on board.

Looking out at the state of the world, I'm really hoping this is no myth.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Im down for hearing your experience. I dont think you suffer from any abnormal ego, we all have it, some of us drive porsches to justify it others cling their identity to vegetarianism and drive a prius.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Very informative thank you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Anyone who is not confident in his own identity risks being his own worst enemy.

If one does not have this confidence, it can be quite difficult to achieve, but it will be worth it.

This will involve what a lot of New Agers call "spiritual work." I don't recommend regressive hypnosis, but if you can afford it and want a "fast answer" that's out there. Other methods require more personal work.

My favorite story about this (and I don't have many, as it is not common in my experience) involves a teenage girl who I was working with about 20 years ago. She was on a program to handle her to do a job that many thought she would be quite good at, but that she was very nervous about. During this handling, she went "past life." After that, her demeanor changed considerably. She began acting confident in her approach to people. She was put on the post and did well on it. This was all accomplished just by breaking through to one past lifetime, the one immediately prior, in which she had died at a rather early age. Most of us would consider this a lot of spiritual work. But with the help of an expert spiritual counselor, it didn't take her that long.

If you want inner certainty, you have to work for it. There is no known substitute for being sure about something. It can take years to achieve this. But as I said, it's worth it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Well perhaps I don't understand it. My impression is that Indigo people think they are more evolved/have a higher level of consciousness then us 'normies'. I have also looked over the criteria to become an Indigo and think that anyone could easily delude themselves into believing they match. I don't hate Indigo whatevers, just think that slapping a label on something that for all intents and purposes has never had even the slightest bit of credibility (that I've seen or experienced) is silly. It reminds me of people who think they're vampires. I wish you well on your journey through life, but I think someday you will realize the Indigo movement was a sham.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
What I wish to know is if there is a surefire method of determining whether or not an indigo.

Yes there is. if you think you are a so called "indigo" or claim to be one then you are not one.
If someone else tells you that you are a "indigo" they are telling lies, you are not one.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

the fact itself that you have to prove anything to yourself, proves that you are not.
many things were said about indigos, but there's one that you can be sure about. they NEVER lack self-confidence.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

As you wish, here's a long one. About two years ago I was studying the effects the moon has on the human brain among other subjects. I discovered that in a few days the moon would pass unusually close to earth thus appearing larger it was called a supermoon
Intrigued, I awaited that day. Unfortunately I was busy so I missed the event nonetheless over the course of the next week I started to notice strange things the most peculiar bieng a dramatically increase in my sense of empathy I could read people like books every emotion,insecurity,and some secrets were my knowledge since then those abilities have only strengthen not to mention two other abilities one giving me a new view and more mind regarding the dimensional universe and two faint a kind of lie detector abilities I can see subtle changes a person has physically and mentally when lying, the eyes really are the key to the soul and they can't. I've always shared most of the straits and now I share all on. On top of that I've always had this strange feeling that I'm not from here like I'm not supposed to be here or I forgot something. I understand that this may not make any sense but its just one of those misunderstood concepts that you can only understand by experiencing yourself. Namaste friend.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

it's the exact opposite - since he's asking, he's not.
thanks to people spreading claims like yours, 99% of those on ATS claiming they're indigos, in reality are people needing a doctor. badly.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Does perhaps being "Indigo " make you feel special , as though you serve some higher purpose ?

What exactly does that mean to you , and what significance does it play on your life?

What if you aren't "Indigo" ....does that devastate you , or make you want to prove yourself?

seek within yourself .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You will know if you are. You don't need somebody else to tell you, you don't need to take someones test,you don't need to buy books to tell you how. Only you will know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join