It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 - most Americans don`t know what/where Syria is.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
As tension mounts surrounding the issue of Syria it is ironic that most Americans don`t know what/where Syria is.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Most Americans don't even know there's a world outside of America.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Why should they know where to rent Syriana? George Clooney isn't even a good actor.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
As tension mounts surrounding the issue of Syria it is ironic that most Americans don`t know what/where Syria is.

Well most Americans think that Central America is in the middle of the U.S. And that Henry ford invented the car and that the industrial revolution started in the early 1900's.

What's the point to the post? Serioulsy I'm not having go here. I just don't know how knowing where Syria is going to produce any informed opinion on the matter.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah, all you Europeans are sooo much smarter than we are. Even though your entire continent fits inside the US a few times you think we should all care where a bunch of two bit crap boxes that call themselves countries are. We should all give a flying crap who leads these stone-age sandboxes, and all of us are armed to the teeth to deal with them.

The truth is nobody outside the USA means anything to us. We're too worried about the crap going on right in front of our noses here. And we mean it.

In charge of national security myself, I wouldn't put a boot on the ground I could put a missile instead.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm an American yet I well aware of the world around me like Syria is on the Middle East North of Israel

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

whoa, chill out lol

I think most people here know that idiots can be found everywhere and with a bit of editing out of the knowledgeable folk, we end up with a video like this.

It was made for a comedy show here in Australia. It's just having a laugh much like us Aussies get crap for our accents on American and English TV shows.

No harm meant

In fact, our accent must be so bad they needed English subtitles on that

edit on 24-11-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So, ask someone from Europe where Kentucky is. most will not know.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Yeah, all you Europeans are sooo much smarter than we are. Even though your entire continent fits inside the US a few times you think we should all care where a bunch of two bit crap boxes that call themselves countries are. We should all give a flying crap who leads these stone-age sandboxes, and all of us are armed to the teeth to deal with them.

The truth is nobody outside the USA means anything to us. We're too worried about the crap going on right in front of our noses here. And we mean it.

In charge of national security myself, I wouldn't put a boot on the ground I could put a missile instead.

It read to me like the OP was from the U.S. Though most poted so far don't have a location but there are two flags which are not European or from a tiny little iddy biddy country like you find in Europe.

Still though. I don't see the reason for the post or how knowing where Syria is will make the comments more informed.

edit on 24-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

I've been all over bro. I happen to know exactly where Syria is and couldn't care less.

I've been all over bro, and I never met a soul who didn't dig your accents down under! Never met an Aussie I didn't like. But I've never been all the way over there...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Most Americans don't even know there's a world outside of America.

Oh yeah, you've talked to most Americans to make such claims?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Tell 9 out of 10 Americans that there is a country called Syria. Their response will be: "Are you Syrius?"

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
reply to post by aaron2209

I've been all over bro. I happen to know exactly where Syria is and couldn't care less.

I've been all over bro, and I never met a soul who didn't dig your accents down under! Never met an Aussie I didn't like. But I've never been all the way over there...

I've been to Europe. It's like driving an hour to work but finding yourself in another country

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

That's always been an odd concept for me too. I can drive 16 hours north or west and still be in my own bloody state!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Right?! I've driven 14 hours in the same direction and still been in the same state! I'd have had to known 3 languages over there...I'd love to fish the Coral Coast.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

No what's really ironic is how someone can judge an entire nation's intelligence based on the musings of a youtube video. Can you perhaps dig up a few more videos to present a broader sampling of the population you're bashing?

link   
How many people do you think he interviewed? Then edit out the right replies kept the under educated, just to down talk Americans. It's B.S. FYI....We are smarter then you think, or why else would we be the most feared country in the world? Think about it!

link   
Syria is going to cease to exist soon anyway. Americans are not dumb, look at the brain thrust in Washington

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I also, wasn't referring to all Americans as I'm well aware that there are idiots everywhere, but the ignorance of the ignorant Americans is a well discussed topic over here. I shoulda been more specific in my post, sorry mate

Like the other Aussie boys on this thread, i could do a lot of driving and still be in mighty Victoria although we are one of the smaller states.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
well duh...we don't know where Syria is..because we only had this map in skool

J/K of course....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join