It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director Oliver Stone lashes out at US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Oh Oliver!! The man who has cuddle parties with Sean Penn and Hugo Chavez.

Our nation is over extended throughout the world and now we are Nation Building and Hunting down Killers in Uganda. Perhaps Stone does not read the news. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do agree that OWS should have focused on DC from day one. Whatever message there was early on has long been lost to the disconnected tirades and demands that have replaced it. A combined in effort in DC was never the purpose though. Disorder and disruption in our major cities was.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sounds like ramping up for a new movie or book...cha ching.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by Master Shen long

The Spanish have border controls between the UK (Gibraltar) and Spain. I believe there are also border controls between the UK (Northern Ireland) and the Republic of Ireland.

The UK would fit inside the northeastern US. What a boring country. If you guys dident have any colonies left you wouldent even have an ecosystem (90% of the UK's ecosystem is found in the 14 remaining British colonies). You only have 5 kinds of people: English, Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish. We have a gazillion, we have American Indians (aka "Native Americans"), Danish Americans, German Americans, Irish Americans, Puerto Ricans, Samoans, Hawaiians, Chicanos, Long Islanders, Idahoans, etc.

Oh geez...

Ok, English (us) us will = X from now onward

Scotish = British
Welsh = British
Northern Irish ( i served 5 tours there with the army)
American Indians ( u mean native Americans or first nations)
Puerto Ricans ( u mean Spanish Portuguese )
Samoans... whatever
Chianos (spak to your fellow nazis about this)
and long islanders are like my ass claiming turf

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

General generalization!

The UK has real Indians, Arabs, people from all over Africa, Russia, south America and even the USA!

Does it really matter "what types" of people a country has if it lacks empathy? All of us are the citizens of planet earth but it seems like we forget it a lot! In the end we are all the same!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Originally posted by Malcher

b4 blair? Do you mean before the "European Union"?

Why do they have passports then? IDK, old habits die hard?

Not to mention i have not seen any sources so i cant really say.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

We have passports because we travel outside EU more than anyone travels outside anyplace but us silly EURO pigs dont need passports to travel all the way to the edge of asia and dont need documents to work.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Master Shen long because: (no reason given)

Well iread that four times and still dont understand it. Are you saying you dont need a passport to go to farthest Asia?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Seems like when most refer to the U.S they think it is still 1776.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Until recently one didn't need a passport to visit Canada, Mexico and a lot of the neighboring islands. The US is so vast you could spend a lifetime touring it. The US is such a melting pot of different people from all over the world it is easy to know about other places through them. The majority of Americans who have passports now are either immigrants who go home to visit or have them for business trips affiliated with work. The wrong idea is that the American people have a lot of money that was and is not true.there has always been a wealth desparity here. It takes money to go off and see the world or have the luxury to be away from worl. I have know one person who could do that.

It's not expensive at all. Travelling makes you see the wonders of the world appreciating it. Giving yourself an excuse not to visit other countries cause yours is so fast is choosing to remain ignorant about other cultures livelyhoods.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by redrose123

Until recently one didn't need a passport to visit Canada, Mexico and a lot of the neighboring islands. The US is so vast you could spend a lifetime touring it. The US is such a melting pot of different people from all over the world it is easy to know about other places through them. The majority of Americans who have passports now are either immigrants who go home to visit or have them for business trips affiliated with work. The wrong idea is that the American people have a lot of money that was and is not true.there has always been a wealth desparity here. It takes money to go off and see the world or have the luxury to be away from worl. I have know one person who could do that.

It's not expensive at all. Travelling makes you see the wonders of the world appreciating it. Giving yourself an excuse not to visit other countries cause yours is so fast is choosing to remain ignorant about other cultures livelyhoods.

I am not the norm in many countries as i've been on an airplane one time or, for that matter, do not own a car but just traveling does not mean you know more. For one you mainly go to the tourist spots so you dont get an accurate representation. Most love places they visit but not so much once they live there. Grass is always greener as they say.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Oh Oliver!! The man who has cuddle parties with Sean Penn and Hugo Chavez.

Our nation is over extended throughout the world and now we are Nation Building and Hunting down Killers in Uganda. Perhaps Stone does not read the news. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do agree that OWS should have focused on DC from day one. Whatever message there was early on has long been lost to the disconnected tirades and demands that have replaced it. A combined in effort in DC was never the purpose though. Disorder and disruption in our major cities was.

It is all so often that when a true idea or a movement is born it somehow always looses its focus, its as if it was engineered for a particular purpose from the very conception, oh wait, that's right, there is never anything sinister behind any major policy shift in foreign policy but rather to divert internal anxiety of real life issues that every single american has such as employment, health care, military black budgets, debt reaching astronomical level's, but while all this is happening, we should occupy a major city rather than occupy the very place that represents and shows the world the pillar of american democracy and free speech, ....oh wait, oops i thought i was writing a a script for another self ego tripped out hollywood production to boost a virtual economy within a virtual american.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

It took me 340 UK pounds to set off and work in about 17 countrys and that was back in 2002

You get a pass.
Just like having fun in threads like this. If you ever venture over to the best country ever (WA state) I will gladly buy you a beer. OK you got me on beer. American beer SUCKS.

I will probably pretend to be Canadian next time I travel. The rest of the world hates Americans because we are all so devilishly handsome and charming. I need to practice saying 'aboot'.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Another false and rather stupid conception that the world hates americans, it is the arrogant and ignorant americans that the world hates, or should i say, rather avoid as it always ends up with a lack of cerebral stimulation. As for canadians, well everyone enjoys canadians due to the ability to cook beaver and obviously the two legged beavers they have that seem to roam free. I kid ya not, most have AAA rating from moodys.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If you google the stats between 10 and 30% of Americans have passports..... Take the real figure then its about 27%.

Brits have a 93% passport rate and Australians are the highest travelers on the globe. Why do these numbers add up?

Discuss yourself but i know from traveling to 28 countrys.

Apparently America is better than the rest of the world (im not saying you at ATS believe this).

Edit to say thats not the USA is better but the USA citizens are more naive to the rest of the world

Americans don't have passports is the all time biggest obsessed over complaint that Americans receive from the “morally superior” and “refined intellectuals” that come from Canada and Europe. Just as the “you’re the fattest” and the “you’re the stupidest“, the “Americans don’t have passports” argument in an effort to “humble” and “humiliate” Americans. It gets really old. It's as old as it is weak and easy to debunk. In Europe you can visit a few countries in a day without getting too exhausted.

The last time I checked, traveling is supposed to make one more open-minded and tolerant. Am I right? However, all these cultural elitist snobs that hail from other countries love touting their 955100258787 page passport while (ironically) having a fierce xenophobic attitude toward those simply being guilty of having been born in the United States. Not everyone who travels acts like snobs – only some do. But the difference between those people who travel and snobs that travel is one thing: curiosity.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Anthropormorphic because: credit to -P Gyford

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If you google the stats between 10 and 30% of Americans have passports..... Take the real figure then its about 27%.

Brits have a 93% passport rate and Australians are the highest travelers on the globe. Why do these numbers add up?

Discuss yourself but i know from traveling to 28 countrys.

Apparently America is better than the rest of the world (im not saying you at ATS believe this).

Edit to say thats not the USA is better but the USA citizens are more naive to the rest of the world

betcha i know more about the ancient world and all their cultures than you do

betcha the reason not very many americans are travelling is because they can't freakin' afford it

betcha you just played into the lie that entire countries are stereotypes.

betcha you're a racist too and a bigot

edit on 20-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Out of a population of about 310 Million Americans that roughly means that 83.7 Million Americans travel abroad [According to your logic]

UK Population 62.2 Million = 57.8 Million travel abroad
Australian Population 22.3 Million = 20.6 Million Travel Abroad

For a combined total of --->78.4 Million vs 83.7 Million Americans

And of course Australians and Brits are going to need passports. They are both Islands
They need them if they wanted to go anywhere. For the longest time Americans didn't need passports for their short trips to Mexico or Canada.

That has drastically changed in the past ten years or so.

In the end, I'll agree more Americans need to travel more abroad to gain a better perspective on the world around us. That's a given

edit on 20-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrytiesDoesn't matter where you go in America - you will still see America.

Is that copyrighted? May I use it elsewhere?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

Originally posted by KrytiesDoesn't matter where you go in America - you will still see America.

Is that copyrighted? May I use it elsewhere?

don't. it's not true. if you go to chinatown, you see china.

need i list more? melting pot. hint hint nudge nudge.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Americans are Real Indians, Native Americans, Arabs, Jews, people from all over Africa, Russia, South America, Asia and yes, even Europe...

edit on 20-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Because of the preponderance of wallaby-nosed, dentally challenged freaks that are showing up all over the world?

I dunno, just guessing...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
1) This statement is true only IF other people in the world care about the US, do they ?

2) Being that the US is made of of immigrants, does that mean once people get here they stop caring about their own country ?

Oliver Stone should stick to writing scripts and stop shooting off his mouth. He is American too, I guess that means he does not care either, because broad statements like this always prove to be true.. right ?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

"Americans are not really interested in problems abroad," he said. "They have no empathy."

Oliver sounds like a NEOCON.

hmmm think about that.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If Americans truly lacked empathy they wouldn't be protesting at all.

Sounds like he has a hidden agenda on this one.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join