It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update! 100 US Troops will Operate in Uganda Indefinitely...For Oil? For Soros?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
May 24, 2010

Today, I signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009. The legislation crystallizes the commitment of the United States to help bring an end to the brutality and destruction that have been a hallmark of the LRA across several countries for two decades, and to pursue a future of greater security and hope for the people of central Africa.

www.whitehouse.gov...

This law was passed through Congress and signed by Obama and no one even blinked an eye.

Fast forward one year and we have US backed ousters in Egypt and Libya (involving direct US strikes). Both of those efforts appear to be in vain right now due to the inevitable power vacuum.

October 2011, Obama announces the deployment of 100 Spec Ops troops to Uganda on a capture or kill mission aimed at Joseph Kony.

Now this...

About 100 U.S. troops that President Obama ordered to Uganda last month to help crush the cult-like Lord’s Resistance Army will likely remain deployed until the group’s leader is captured or dead, according to the top U.S. commander for Africa.

Obama administration officials have been vague about how long U.S. forces will remain in central Africa. In congressional testimony recently, a senior defense official said that the mission would last for a matter of “months,” though allowed that it would be reviewed over time.

Ham said the plan is to keep troops in the region until Kony is killed or brought to justice. “That’s the mission,” Ham said in an interview Thursday during a visit to Washington.

www.washingtonpost.com... /11/18/gIQARntuXN_blog.html

The LRA has been slaughtering and terrorizing people in this region for nearly 25 years! The world has essentially turned a blind eye to this the entire time with only a little bit of talk and no action. Now, out of the blue we have this deployment of US troops, equipement and weapons.

Obama is being guided by the Responsibility to Protect doctrine and tested the waters with our military strikes in Libya. The International Crisis Group and the RTP have been instrumental in getting US troops into Uganda.

To the Governments of Uganda and the U.S.:

10. Intensify promptly military operations against the LRA, prioritising:

a) increased efforts to protect civilians;

b) enhanced civil-military relations, including by setting up two-way channels of communication with state authorities and other local leaders, such as church leaders and customary chiefs, and, in the CAR and South Sudan, by working closely with self-defence groups;

c) enhanced information management and coordination, including by setting up joint intelligence and operations centres with national armies in the CAR and South Sudan; and

d) strict accountability measures, including by implementing a code of conduct, rules of engagement and investigations of alleged human rights abuses and accusations of illegal exploitation of natural resources.

www.crisisgroup.org...

Who's on the executive committee of The Crisis Group's Board of Trustees? George Soros on behalf of his Open Society
www.crisisgroup.org...

Who backs the Responsibility to Protect org. and its Doctrine? George Soros

Who has an interest in developing Oil in Uganda? George Soros

In 2008, the Soros-funded Revenue Watch Institute brought together stakeholders from Uganda and other East African countries to discuss critical governance issues, including the formation of what became Uganda's National Oil and Gas Policy.

Also in 2008, the Africa Institute for Energy Governance, a grantee of the Soros-funded Revenue Watch, helped established the Publish What You Pay Coalition of Uganda, or PWYP, which was purportedly launched to coordinate and streamline the efforts of the government in promoting transparency and accountability in the oil sector.

Also, a steering committee was formed for PWYP Uganda to develop an agenda for implementing the oil advocacy initiatives and a constitution to guide PWYP's oil work.

PWYP has since 2006 hosted a number of training workshops in Uganda purportedly to promote contract transparency in Uganda's oil sector.

PWYP is directly funded by Soros' Open Society as well as the Soros-funded Revenue Watch Institute. PWYP international is actually hosted by the Open Society Foundation in London.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

Strange bedfellows eh? Wonder why our Spec. Ops. troops are really on the ground in Uganda. Seems like the quest for foreign oil. Meanwhile, Obama continues to put the halt on Ohio gas shale drilling further the delay and employment of up to 200,000 people.

"The President’s plan is to simply say ‘no’ to new energy production," House Natural Resources Committee chairman Doc Hastings, R-Wash, said to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar during a hearing pertaining to hydraulic fracturing. "It’s a plan that is sending American jobs overseas, forfeiting new revenue, and denying access to American energy that would lessen our dependence on hostile Middle Eastern oil."

campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

Pieces of the puzzle continue to fall into place. I guess only time will tell....
edit on 18-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
More on Uganda, Oil and Soros

Soros seems to have his hand in trying to guide the development of the oil and gas industry in Uganda. The Ugandan government would naturally be beholden to Soros if he could show he had enough influence with the White House to bring in American troops to take out a rebel group. Also, the defeat of the rebel group would make development of the energy industry that much more viable since operations would be much more secure.

This strategy bears similarity with the story of InterOil, a major holding of George Soros, that has been granted concessions for reportedly major natural gas reserves in Papua New Guinea. The government there has recently been arguing with InterOil regarding that company's ability to develop these reserves and build and operate a Liquefied Natural Gas port to export the gas.

What could friends of George Soros in the American government do to help him soothe the deal with the Papua New Guinea government? What the Obama administration did in fact do was send government experts all the way from here to there to help the nation develop its reserves. This was especially surprising since the Department of Interior has blamed its delay in issuing permits to develop our own domestic reserves on lack of manpower and funding -- yet the administration found the manpower and money to export our experts do help develop New Guinea's reserves. Or rather the reserves that InterOil and its major shareholder , George Soros, want developed courtesy of the American taxpayer.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

So, we remove the radical rebel threat that has been allowed to exist for 25 years in Uganda. For who? and for What?

If this was really about the innocent people who have been kidnapped and slaughtered over a quarter of a century, we would have stopped it two decades ago.

For Soros and for Oil

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's so that Obama can be aWARded another Nobel Peace Prize, of course. Remember in 1984? War is peace, love his hate. New Speak, my friend, brought to you by the left.

The biggest war monger in U.S. history got a PEACE prize...LOL. That's classic.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I am still amazed that we are teaming up with the Ugandan Army who has long history of abuse, corruption and failure to protect its own citizens. They certainly are not high on the "to be trusted" list.

I understand that the Ugandan army is supposed to go in hot after Kony while our troops are on the ground to back them up and urge them on. Not exactly the ideal scenario to be in tactically. I have not yet seen any defined rules of engagement for our troops in Uganda. If its anything like Afghanistan, they will have their hands tied depending on where the chase for the LRA leads.

This is a death or capture mission by an administration that seems hell bent on assassinations lately.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well we are an Empire after all, I wish I could say an American Empire, but they're just a front for the Corporation which fund and control our government...

Were there for the Oil... *as if surprised* but I'm sure well find a reason to overthrow the local government.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
It's so that Obama can be aWARded another Nobel Peace Prize, of course. Remember in 1984? War is peace, love his hate. New Speak, my friend, brought to you by the left.

The biggest war monger in U.S. history got a PEACE prize...LOL. That's classic.

Brought to us by BOTH parties, or do you have selective amnesia from previous administration, most notably The Bush Admin, when we had to go to war for peace, etc. Biggest war monger in history? *shakes head*

'Course, blame the left, blame Obama, it's more conveniently Orwellian.

The Right certainly NEVER started a war, no.

Of course, Obama certainly did not deserve the NPP, but he's no more a monger than most any other president, and if it were up to the right, we'd probably be even more fascist than we are now.

@OP: Thanks for bringing this is attention.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I am still amazed that we are teaming up with the Ugandan Army who has long history of abuse, corruption and failure to protect its own citizens. They certainly are not high on the "to be trusted" list.

I understand that the Ugandan army is supposed to go in hot after Kony while our troops are on the ground to back them up and urge them on. Not exactly the ideal scenario to be in tactically. I have not yet seen any defined rules of engagement for our troops in Uganda. If its anything like Afghanistan, they will have their hands tied depending on where the chase for the LRA leads.

This is a death or capture mission by an administration that seems hell bent on assassinations lately.

Why would this amaze you? We play whatever field has the best advantage for us, and then we turn our back on that one when an even better one comes along. We'd probably team up with North Korea if we knew we could take out Iran w/o any worldwide ire, and then dump them on its burning remains.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Sure the left and right all play the game however we are seeing things like I thought I would never see in this African arena. Its playing out like a Brad Thor novel. Uganda is sitting on a vast wealth of oil and mineral rich land that has been ripe for the picking. I guess it was just a matter of timing. We have let the LRA reign for 25 years until now. Now, all of the proper players are in place to advance the "cause" to protect the people. Right. The Obama Doctrine is now actively in place as he adapted it from the Responsibility to Protect which is fully endorsed by the UN.

This is just crazy.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The LRA isn't the only terrorist network working inside Central Africa.The Horn of Africa is home to the AQAP and Al - shabaab militants,which operate in Somalia and Yemen,where Al- awlaki was assassinated by a drone strike.

Here's some info if you are interested in the LRA and Al- shabaab.

Lords Resistance Army

Al - shabaab

edit on 18-11-2011 by Daedal because: added text

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Thanks for the information. I get the feeling that we will have "peacekeepers" /advisers on the ground in this region for quite sometime. We are seeing the early stages of a new phase. Vietnam started with a few select advisers on the ground too.

Let's see where our troops deployed in Iraq end up after December. I would not bet on their return home just yet.

top topics

join