It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director Oliver Stone lashes out at US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
A little information on Oliver Stone.

This is why he can go to Europe and shoot off his mouth and be opinionated. This is why anybody gives a crap about what he has to say.

It's the wealthy bombastic voices that get listened to. He is a shining example!

www.famenetworth.com...

Click in the link to see what he is worth, plus other people you might wonder about.

Would you even care what he had to say if he was just some regular "Joe," off the street?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Let's say that, in your opinion, there is more freedom in Europe than America. Afterall, you do, apparently, live in Iceland and they haven't been affected by the EU. If Iceland were to join the EU, let's see how long you would still be singing that song.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Master Shen long

We don't need to travel. The US is HUGE. Also, awesome. I did enjoy Italy though. UK boring, Germany neat etc. etc. would rather see Alaska to be honest.

Doesn't matter where you go in America - you will still see America.

I see this justification used a lot by Americans, it's quite frankly arrogant and a remarkable display of just how closed off from the outside world most Americans are.

Good on Oliver Stone for at least recognizing this.

If you think everyone in America is alike then you have no idea what America is like. We have more than a lifetimes worth of things to see here so why sit on a plane for six or more hours to see the same kind of things?
edit on 20-11-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Nobody is talking about a desert or a forest! There are other cultures and ancient civilizations. There are buildings older than your country, great artworks and history spanning thousands of years.

You can choose to ignore it and visit Grand canyon or you can try to be part of the world and the big picture.

Nature has no empathy, humans do. Most humans at least!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

I never had seen such a crime ridden country with so much self loving.

You can't take an experience in a big city and apply it to an entire country; especially a large country like America. It's just not fair. City folk are generally different from the general populous of the country that they're in. Cities generally where crime is centralized.

Thank you for the first true natural response from an American on this post.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Even with the EU there is still more freedom in Europe. Maybe except from England which is becoming more and more like the US in terms of police/surveilance state.

Peaceful protestors in EU are not beat up by the police or pepper sprayed without a reason.

And as for personal freedom:
How many places in the US have nude areas?
Are there places in the US where you can buy and use Cannabis for recreation?

link   

Originally posted by buster2010

We don't need to travel. The US is HUGE. Also, awesome. I did enjoy Italy though. UK boring, Germany neat etc. etc. would rather see Alaska to be honest.

I see this justification used a lot by Americans, it's quite frankly arrogant and a remarkable display of just how closed off from the outside world most Americans are.

If you think everyone in America is alike then you have no idea what America is like. We have more than a lifetimes worth of things to see here so why sit on a plane for six or more hours to see the same kind of things?

Yes everything except a history to call your own.

When i visited Chicago we seen a museum of 127 year old homes.... ATS decipher as u wish

link   
reply to post by Waldy

I would argue that Americans have priorities straight. We don't want to fly and pay crazy prices to eat your bad food and walk among the ruins of once great civilizations. You were made irrelevant when we became a country. I would rather explore our diverse culture, a culture of immigrants from everywhere in the world, than stare at a painting I could see online.

Also, I may have been a little trollish there. Are we going to discuss the topic at hand (America>rest of the world) or are we going to discus why Oliver Stone and his millions shouldn't be taken seriously when belittling the people hat made him who he is?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

When i visited Chicago we seen a museum of 127 year old homes.... ATS decipher as u wish

Deciphered. Englishman lacks English skills.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Deciphered. Englishman lacks English skills.

28 countrys in 34 years.......

Lest say thats why most Americans i met in Asia would claim to be Canadian first. Because of attitudes like that. Dont believe fine.... Its a well known fact Amercicans since Bush claim to be Canadians to dodge the wrath of the world

edit on 20-11-2011 by Master Shen long because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It took me 340 UK pounds to set off and work in about 17 countrys and that was back in 2002

You get a pass.
Just like having fun in threads like this. If you ever venture over to the best country ever (WA state) I will gladly buy you a beer. OK you got me on beer. American beer SUCKS.

I will probably pretend to be Canadian next time I travel. The rest of the world hates Americans because we are all so devilishly handsome and charming. I need to practice saying 'aboot'.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
If you google the stats between 10 and 30% of Americans have passports..... Take the real figure then its about 27%.

Brits have a 93% passport rate and Australians are the highest travelers on the globe. Why do these numbers add up?

Discuss yourself but i know from traveling to 28 countrys.

Apparently America is better than the rest of the world (im not saying you at ATS believe this).

Edit to say thats not the USA is better but the USA citizens are more naive to the rest of the world

Dont you need a passport to go from one European country to another? Knowing that i would think the number would be closer to 100%

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Typical reply you're a new country you have no history. So what?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Dont you need a passport to go from one European country to another? Knowing that i would think the number would be closer to 100%

What? Nooooo

There is no passports or borders in the EU..... Come from the Uk and work anywhere, come from EU and work anywhere ( in most cases).

Borders where demolished back in the days of b4 blair. Up to you on your view of this

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Your humour exceeds your weirdness

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You have a history, its the history of your ancestors from Europe, the colonists. Isnt the topic that the US chooses to ignore that history and started their own history from the founding day? Only thing missing is that the US will declare the year 1776 as year 0

edit on 20-11-2011 by Waldy because: spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Typical reply you're a new country you have no history. So what?

If u mean my reply then my home is 240 years old and still standing in our 1500 year old city.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

b4 blair? Do you mean before the "European Union"?

Why do they have passports then? IDK, old habits die hard?

Not to mention i have not seen any sources so i cant really say.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

b4 blair? Do you mean before the "European Union"?

Why do they have passports then? IDK, old habits die hard?

Not to mention i have not seen any sources so i cant really say.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

We have passports because we travel outside EU more than anyone travels outside anyplace but us silly EURO pigs dont need passports to travel all the way to the edge of asia and dont need documents to work.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The Spanish have border controls between the UK (Gibraltar) and Spain. I believe there are also border controls between the UK (Northern Ireland) and the Republic of Ireland.

The UK would fit inside the northeastern US. What a boring country. If you guys dident have any colonies left you wouldent even have an ecosystem (90% of the UK's ecosystem is found in the 14 remaining British colonies). You only have 5 kinds of people: English, Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish. We have a gazillion, we have American Indians (aka "Native Americans"), Danish Americans, German Americans, Irish Americans, Puerto Ricans, Samoans, Hawaiians, Chicanos, Long Islanders, Idahoans, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join