It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director Oliver Stone lashes out at US

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlertInMi
reply to post by Kryties

Are you kidding? Do you think a single light bulb would stop working in the US, if the Aussies disappeared?

Yes, who will supply your nuclear material to keep your reactors going? Considering that Australia is the world's largest exporter of said material....

That's not even mentioning the nuclear weapons......

Do you understand what would really happen if the US closed it's bases and stopped all Aide? You obviously DO NOT!!

World peace?

I wish the US would stop spending a dime on the rest of the planet. I wish we would close all bases, bring all our men and women home.

NOW your talking!

You act as though this would be good for the world... You could not be more wrong.. The difference between us, I think it would devastate the world... but, my give a crap has gone.

That's the difference between living in a country that rams propaganda down it's citizen's throats and not.

If this country were to become isolated, rest assured, my neighbors are a resilient bunch, we would pick up the slack in no time flat.. You can take that to the bank!

If you don't go into civil war and destroy yourselves from within....something I think more likely to happen.

Stop acting as though the US is this evil entity, that is only concerned with destruction. You would be dishonest to deny that the United States of America, has had a very positive impact on this giant rock. As of late, there are some things that have saddened me... but, for the most part, the US is in the business of helping people.

Saddened? Is that all? The rest of the world is OUTRAGED at the US tanking the economy and starting wars it had no right to and it 'saddens' you?

You can't even help yourselves, never mind the rest of the world.

edit on 22/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I thought I already covered that and the answer was not specific to any one colour, creed or political leaning. The lowest common denominator (which I also submitted exists in every country) belongs to all of the above. I think your national pride is fogging your better judgement... but that's understandable. You love your country and patriotism has a way of skewing reality to one of idealism.

IRM

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Lol, so now the Aussies have the Nuclear market cornered? A quick search showed me that your "facts" are wrong. We receive VERY LITTLE material from Australia. And the products we receive from the Aussies are also now available from a company right here in the US, Wisconsin to be precise.

You are making the same mistake that several countries in the past have made... Americans fight, like any country fight... Come attack our main land and see how Americans react...

You can spit all of the crap you want..

You do NOT want to see the United States Of America fighting for survival. Call that what ever you want, it is a fact.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlertInMi
reply to post by Kryties

Lol, so now the Aussies have the Nuclear market cornered? A quick search showed me that your "facts" are wrong. We receive VERY LITTLE material from Australia. And the products we receive from the Aussies are also now available from a company right here in the US, Wisconsin to be precise.

You are making the same mistake that several countries in the past have made... Americans fight, like any country fight... Come attack our main land and see how Americans react...

You can spit all of the crap you want..

You do NOT want to see the United States Of America fighting for survival. Call that what ever you want, it is a fact.

Quick search? I see that you were too lazy to share the fruits of your search. You are in the habit of making claims that you can't back up and when confronted about it you become hostile.

The USA has been "fighting for survival" for decades now and you're too blind by your nationalistic pride to realize it. You're so blinded by it that even when great Americans speak out against the current issues you flood Internet forums with childish rants based on nothing but your biased opinion that you developed watching propaganda induced news reports.

People like you are the reason that America is sinking like a turd in a toilet bowl.

How does it feel?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Please do not feed or take bait from trolls. ALERT us and let us handle them.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Thanks Majic for keeping the thread clean

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

If you google the stats between 10 and 30% of Americans have passports..... Take the real figure then its about 27%.

Brits have a 93% passport rate and Australians are the highest travelers on the globe. Why do these numbers add up?

Discuss yourself but i know from traveling to 28 countrys.

Apparently America is better than the rest of the world (im not saying you at ATS believe this).

Edit to say thats not the USA is better but the USA citizens are more naive to the rest of the world
edit on 20-11-2011 by Master Shen long because: (no reason given)

Perhaps a higher % of British people have passports, but they still largely don't travel that much. If they do, it is usually to Europe - which you need travel documents for. The United States is big enough that Americans don't need to travel abroad as much if they can't afford to. So, they don't really need a passport.

I've travelled a lot but I sympathise with those who haven't, not everyone can afford to.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Perhaps some people should listen to what Mr. Stone has to say. Hope you all take the time to view this video and his comments regarding issues that we as ats members have also discussed here. The video is a little over 1 hour, so i do hope you all take the time.

Peace.

edit on 22-11-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join