It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is Infinite. So if time is infinite...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
reply to post by followtheevidence

Then again how can we have a conclusive start if we're looking at fractals, the holographic theory or even quantum physics with its infinite possibilities? I guess it drowns down to faith in one's perspective?

Precisely. All positive claims require proof. With the exception of a statement accepted on faith, it stands to reason that any premise must be proven by the preceding statement which would in turn rely on yet another previous statement and so on ad infintum. Enter the infinitely regressive series of improvable premises.

The two possible exceptions to this are self-evident mathematical axioms (2 + x > x).

And,

Experience.

However, this is also arguable (especially the latter).

So, strictly speaking according to the rigid standards of logic - faith is absolutely necessary in order to have a legitimate starting place in the proof process.
edit on 23-11-2011 by followtheevidence because: clarification

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by absolutely

anyone is exclusively out of objective constancy, the abstraction of positive objective is the sense of existing, bc then it is the sense of freedom since objective is

so in literal terms, u r out of nothing, since it is nothing to u

Dew you even understand yourself?

If you think you came from Nothing, then you will be Nothing.

I kNow where I came from so I kNow where I will go when I finish here and it isn't Nothing where We come from.
We come from the Infinite and there is no such thing as an Infinite Nothing.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
reply to post by followtheevidence

Then again how can we have a conclusive start if we're looking at fractals, the holographic theory or even quantum physics with its infinite possibilities? I guess it drowns down to faith in one's perspective?

Precisely. All positive claims require proof. With the exception of a statement accepted on faith, it stands to reason that any premise must be proven by the preceding statement which would in turn rely on yet another previous statement and so on ad infintum. Enter the infinitely regressive series of improvable premises.

The two possible exceptions to this are self-evident mathematical axioms (2 + x > x).

And,

Experience.

However, this is also arguable (especially the latter).

So, strictly speaking according to the rigid standards of logic - faith is absolutely necessary in order to have a legitimate starting place in the proof process.

The greatest faith one can have is in themselve's.

Because if you don't have faith in yourself, any faith you may possess is a delusion.

Ribbit

edit on 23-11-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I thought I'd add that when you think Time is moving faster, it isn't, you are moving slower and when you think Time is moving slow, you aren't moving fast enough.

Everything is Relative to Source and Source is Relative to Everything.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Time could not exist at all. To me "infinite" means without boundaries. Zero has no boundaries like infinity.

It could just be a creation of a feeble biology, or maybe even, dare I say, societal conditioning.

On a side note. Aren't zero and infinity the only "numbers" that can really exist? Know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp
Time could not exist at all. To me "infinite" means without boundaries. Zero has no boundaries like infinity.

It could just be a creation of a feeble biology, or maybe even, dare I say, societal conditioning.

On a side note. Aren't zero and infinity the only "numbers" that can really exist? Know what I mean?

Your first mistake is to think Zero has no boundaries, thus, Zero is Infinite.

Zero is finite, just as all numbers are finite.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

At my perspective, what doesn't occupy can't have boundaries. Don't you agree with THAT? Think into my original meaning rather than the literal; words tend to complicate communication.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
Zero is finite, just as all numbers are finite.

Incorrect. Look up aleph numbers.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
I thought I'd add that when you think Time is moving faster, it isn't, you are moving slower and when you think Time is moving slow, you aren't moving fast enough.

Everything is Relative to Source and Source is Relative to Everything.

Ribbit

It's only our perception of time that changes.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

no ribbit u dont come from infinity infinity is to absolute truth

but what i said is another point, u r out of nothing mean u as free of all u can know and see, while not belonging to any objective source, u r what u can realize out of all as if out of nothing too, but u r not nothing surely to urself either while that is what u r, the plus absolutely out of nothing

u can think tht u belong to god which explain how u mess with all as nothing and surely never any to take seriously in meaning to talk about, but god is another one and it is up to him to confirm that he owes u or not as forever constant fact to

noone is originally any but what is absolutely true, while everyone is out of constant objective which make it become constant free existing one out of that
what is absolutely true is what is always superior to all objective so the freedom out is not relative, but that dont belong to any either when on the contrary it confirms being true

u prove how u dont have any least concept of truth in ur mind that is why u misconceive ur god as one

if truth is then any is itself exclusively of its objective realization always

that rule is the same for absolute one, but since one is absolutely only him so not beyond, any would b one free living absolutely while inferior always that could lead to fake conscious existence around the world, but a lot of conscious are obviously real so not ones bc of god

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

What do you mean by nothing? There is no such thing as nothing....

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

What do you mean by nothing? There is no such thing as nothing....

It wouldn't be very good nothing if there were such thing as it, would it?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

exactly, but nothing is always as what is before is true more

truth is absolute superiority, then any as none is true at some point absolutely superior

that is where the idea of infinite freedom existence come from

when truth is then any is necessarily superior alone unless it is not any as opposed to any

which also exist in nothing and of

but i can say smthg about nothing superiority as true value forever, like there is no alike nothing for constant value, which is the principal reason of superior move out or true facts out

constancy is a major positive element it is even beyond objective facts when objective value is relatively bc of constancy as positive reason known value, while also objective value is relative to freedom value since existing fact

that is why the sense of peace of nothing is always sherished and meant to worship in meditations that increase superior abilities of mind among other things for self homogeinity as one out of true constancy value being free

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by soldita

A thought I had once when attempting to apply simple logic to this question that you might enjoy:
Concerning linear time.....
Imagine Father Time as an old man with a long beard walking down the road of eternity. As he walks the tip of his beard touches a part of the road on which every moment is marked and as it touches it that moment occurs.
The question can now be seen as "Is the road behind him (the past), which he has already traveled infinite or did it have a starting point?
Very simple
Assume he suddenly stops and turns around and begins to walk back
Simple math....
commutative law of addition: A+B = B+A
commutative law of multiplication A(B) = B(A)
commutative law of geometry. The length of line A_B is equal to the length of line B_A
To return to his starting point he must cover all the ground he has already passed but in the case of an infinite past he can never reach the beginning. If the distance from now to the beginning can never be reached then it follows that the distance from the beginning to now can never be reached. It is nonsensical to think he could have made if from there to here but from here to there is impossible. Yet to reach the end of an infinite distance or time is impossible. It does not matter how far back one goes there is always an infinite distance remaining to be covered.
If there was an infinite past then the current moment in time would never be reached as by definition if could occur only after an infinite amount of time (eternity) had passed. But again, by definition, can an eternity reach an end?
Understand though this applies only to time as a linear phenomena but I have yet to see any actual evidence of it existing in any other form.
For what it's worth

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
“Nothing” is infinite no beginning and no end. Infinite is nothing. Nothing is infinite. Truth is infinite therefore truth is nothing. Truth is nothing. Nothing is truth. There are no absolutes. Absolute is nothing. Nothing is truth. Truth is absolutely nothing. Absolutely is nothing. Absolutely is truth. Truth is absolutely nothing.

hahahaha.....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

i dont see what is funny there, one is not nothing when it is out of nothing, nothing was a space existing now all is to evil powers and to free conceptions of objective facts as a whole existing

but nothing was never true nor truth, but a relative connection to void in negative terms as a conception of away from what could justify nothing as object present space free sense

but nothing is never true while anything true exist mostly out of nothing as its base constancy is the most constant which allow to perceive anything out relativity to truth

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
which truth is killed so there is no point to mean it, truth and nothing are killed anyways

i use the concept of truth only to prove that all is to evil powers of free lies life from killing truth

so my point is not the truth but to point that only criminals exist and are alive

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

one is something not nothing space is something and cannot come from nothing because nothing comes from nothing and nothing is infinite and truth is infinite and therefore is nothing

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
which truth is killed so there is no point to mean it, truth and nothing are killed anyways

i use the concept of truth only to prove that all is to evil powers of free lies life from killing truth

so my point is not the truth but to point that only criminals exist and are alive

dead truth is the same is living truth, they are both different forms of nothing and still infinite and infinity is nothing

your point is true so it must be nothing and nothing is infinite, good and evil true and therefore nothing

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

truth is nothing to u, while obviously u r unable to say any of nothing or of something
nothing is not always this is bull#, nothing at its best space reality that do not exist anymore from ever, is space with no move and no free existing sense
actually nothing never was when nothing as no movement spacial dimension was from free positive perspective to, so nothing was that perspective which is not true and deny the truth much away from its space existing

u r such insolence to common sense and logics, for what u love to identify urselves with gods in ur imaginations of what they want u to defend or use of false arguments to justify their powerful existence above all creations conditions

how nothing could b infinite while u live through matters stillness realities out of objective universe existence which is the most clarity of fact proved

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join