It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$75 TRILLION (!!!) justify OWS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You think a c. $15 trillion debt is bad enough? Think again!!!

To sum it up:

1) Banks' investment subsidiaries gamble to the point where their assets don't cover the amount they're betting.
2) The guys they're betting against tell them that's not cool, and that they need collateral.
3) Banks shift those risky derivatives to RETAIL BANKS so their investment subsidiary balance sheet looks ok.
4) If bets fail, guess who's covering for those bad debts? YOU! I! EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT HOLDER!!!

And the scary part is, we're talking about TRILLIONS!! And those are not regular investments either. Think about it, if the guys they're betting against tell them they're concerned that they won't be able to pay them back, then those derivatives are most probably crap or at least incredibly risky. If they weren't concerned, why would they shift those derivatives...ask yourself that question!

So to those who say "I dunno what those OWS guys are so angry about" or "damn communists":

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WAKE UP!!

And you are complaining about the cost of medicare? That's not even a trillion. Bank of America alone is securing $75 TRILLION of bets against YOUR money! That's just Bank of America, the others are doing it as well.

Article

And the politicians have signed off on bills that allows those Wall Street companies to pull this off. Why? Because they are ALL bought and now act as mere sock puppets for corporate America.

Need another example?

How about the war in Iraq? We just found out that they estimate the US will stay there until 2025. Yes, 2025!!!

It costs a fortune, doesn't benefit the people back home, costs thousands of lives on all sides, and is massively unpopular back home and abroad. So why stay?

Because the defence contractors pay off politicians to ensure the wars keep on going. When they say "jump!", politicians just ask "how high?".

And who's paying for it? YOU!!

That's why the people are mad and protesting for a VERY good reason. Sadly, the media are just as bought as the politicians, so the citizens are systematically dumbed down and distracted to the point where they simply don't realize what's going on anymore.

Nobody said it better than George Carlin (RIP):

Unless the people show their outrage and therefore force politicians to act or risk being voted out of office, and unless the OWS guys keep it up, the future looks like this:

Lucky Zimbabwe kid, right? He's filthy rich, no?

That currency is worth about as much as toilet paper, and he needs that much to buy a freaking apple!!

And people are concerned about a $500b medicare cost, or a $2 trillion first round of bailouts...the banks are coming back for more, and I hope you got some lube, because this one will hurt worse than anything you've experienced before!
edit on 21-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well, yes, that's how the world works. It always has worked that way.

"The rich make all the money and pay none of the taxes. The middle class do all of the work, and pay all of the taxes, and the lower class is just there to scare the # out of the middle class."- George Carlin

I think he changed the world more than anyone understands, yet. Did I start a trend with George Carlin? The man was smart!
edit on 21-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If those OWS people actually want to make a difference, they could take all of their money out of the banks they claim to despise. They could stop paying their taxes to a government that subsidizes the evil practices of said banks. They could stop buying #ing Guy Fawkes masks from God damned Time Warner!

I don't use banks, I've found ways to avoid paying all Federal Income Tax (legally), and I don't buy products from corporations that I disagree with. THAT is the free market in action. They often talk smack about capitalism, but by exercising my abilities as a capitalist, I just accomplished more by my simple inaction, than they do by camping out in the cold and chanting 'til their voices crack.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

For anything like that to work, everyone (or a large majority) had to act like this. And sadly, there's no practical way of doing that unless we all start farming our own crops and hiding our money bellow the matras. To get that majority, you need to RAISE AWARENESS, which is why this protest is a good thing. It's a great way of raising public awareness.

I mean, in of the other threads, a guy seriously said "I don't know what they are so mad about!". To me, that just shows how indifferent many people are...and they need to stop being indifferent to issues like this, or else nothing will ever get better.

And as I said before, the media should take a bulk of the blame too. They should be critical, but instead, because they're part of massive corporate conglomerates, they are sock puppets just like the politicians. Together, they're a great team at dumbing down the nation, and making sure they remain obedient little workers too distracted to realize that they are being robbed right in front of their noses.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I have yet to see this movement do anything but complain. I've seen so little "raising awareness" and so much parroting of slogans that have nothing to do with the solution, only complaining about the problem. Every time I get the chance, I inform people of issues, and when they have an understanding of the problem, I teach them how they may go about protesting through nonsupport, and raising awareness in others and encouraging them to do the same. I've actually started a not-for-profit corporation that teaches people how to "farm their own crops and hide their money bellow the mattress", so to speak. If I actually saw a significant amount of such awareness being raised by this movement, I'd support it wholeheartedly. So far, I've been unimpressed, and will continue to be until I see any real solutions being offered by the movement, such as what I stated above.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by MrXYZ

If those OWS people actually want to make a difference, they could take all of their money out of the banks they claim to despise. They could stop paying their taxes to a government that subsidizes the evil practices of said banks. They could stop buying #ing Guy Fawkes masks from God damned Time Warner!

That's exactly what they're doing, in case you haven't been paying attention. They've been advocating moving money out of banks and taking it to credit unions pretty much since OWS started. Last I heard a bunch of OWS protesters were actually arrested in a CitiBank for doing just that. And when I look at the pictures of the protests I see more people without Fawkes masks than with with them.

Maybe you should keep current with things happening around the planet.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

First,your Video.

:34-:40,the guy holding up the sign...............Priceless.

Second, When the day comes,and MILLIONS are protesting in DC,where the Laws that are enacted, thats when you will see change. Until then,it goes nowhere.
edit on 21-10-2011 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I agree with you that it is a moronic media smear campaign that the OWS movement doesn't have a reason. I'm just saying that (with the exception of a few isolated cases like the Citibank fiasco) there are hardly any solutions being offered by the movement as a whole. The whole basis for protest is to "petition the government for a redress of grievances". I find that to be laughable in today's political structure. The government isn't going to do a damn thing about the issues that are being protested by the movement. Only individual actions (like what a few of the OWS protesters were suggesting in that branch of Citibank) are going to change anything. They need to stop being so disorganized and spearhead this movement into one, simple, concise message of NONSUPPORT. That doesn't just go for banks, but also the government as well. These people aren't focusing nearly enough on the government's involvement in our economic deterioration.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

And you are complaining about the cost of medicare? That's not even a trillion. Bank of America alone is securing $75 TRILLION of bets against YOUR money! That's just Bank of America, the others are doing it as well.

Yeah it is a trillion add another trillion for Social Security then add the cost of the prescription drug plan then add up all those promised made that they can never pay for it's called unfunded liability.

www.usdebtclock.org...

116 trillion dollars of promises made really IOU'S.
edit on 21-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Haha I reposted that comic last night.

It's very true.

"DURR I DONT KNOW WHAT OWS WANTS, THEYR DUMB"

Well why don't you simply do some research and find out instead of just listening to the bought media telling you what they want you to hear? Their demands are pretty clear; In a nutshell they are: End the Fed and end corporate lobbying of elected officials as a start to removing the greed and corruption from politics.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by MrXYZ

Second, When the day comes,and MILLIONS are protesting in DC,where the Laws that are enacted, thats when you will see change. Until then,it goes nowhere.
Even then it's not going to go anywhere.

Which do you think the politicians care more about?

Millions of People < Millions of Dollars

It's obvious really, there's only one realistic way of getting our country back and it's not exactly what you would call "clean" or "easy".

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

First,your Video.

:34-:40,the guy holding up the sign...............Priceless.

Why should people waste their time protesting sock puppets in Washington if they go straight to the puppet masters? They are raising awareness about corporate infiltration of the government by companies. Wall Street's companies have pretty much crashed the economy by paying off politicians who then deregulated the industry to the point where the house of cards collapsed.

And now they're doing it once again by allowing Wall Street to use $75 TRILLION of EVERYONE's money as collateral!!

Those sock puppet politicians (all of them) are a mere "buffer" for corporations.

link   
Blah blah blah - I'm really angry! Blah blah blah - Power to the People! Blah blah blah - The rich are evil! Blah blah blah - Wake up America! Can't you see how angry I am? I'm mad as hell and I am just going to protest it because that is all I can do! I am helpless but I am the means of production! Blah blah blah - I wish there were solutions but all we can do is protest - Blah blah blah. Hey, at least I'm doing something about it blah blah blah. I don't know what the answer is, that is up to those evil rich people, my job is to protest so blah blah blah...

link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV

Well why don't you simply do some research and find out instead of just listening to the bought media telling you what they want you to hear? Their demands are pretty clear; In a nutshell they are: End the Fed and end corporate lobbying of elected officials as a start to removing the greed and corruption from politics.

Wrong...........

People are doing research into it. Thats why there isnt 20 freekin million people at these OWS rally's ! NO ONE is buying it. Tell me,why isnt there 20 million,50 million ANGRY people showing up to these?

I wait patently for a response.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Ouch man that kind makes sense guess they better change that slogan to "We are the .99 %"

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Why should people waste their time protesting sock puppets in Washington if they go straight to the puppet masters? They are raising awareness about corporate infiltration of the government by companies. Wall Street's companies have pretty much crashed the economy by paying off politicians who then deregulated the industry to the point where the house of cards collapsed.

And now they're doing it once again by allowing Wall Street to use $75 TRILLION of EVERYONE's money as collateral!!

Those sock puppet politicians (all of them) are a mere "buffer" for corporations.

Love the sock,BTW!

Cause those "sock puppets" ARE the cause of it. They are writing the law . People are angry with Wall Street. AMERICA IS angry at Government. Get it?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV

Wrong...........

People are doing research into it. Thats why there isnt 20 freekin million people at these OWS rally's ! NO ONE is buying it. Tell me,why isnt there 20 million,50 million ANGRY people showing up to these?

I wait patently for a response.

There's not that many yet because there's an obvious lack of knowledge...your posts are a great example of that. You are essentially ignoring $75 trillion dollars

First of all, no one's against profits or companies. But those profits shouldn't be made at the expense of citizens, their tax payer money and SAVINGS (!!!!) shouldn't be gambled (Wall Street) with or wasted (wars).

You can't look at people with a straight face and tell them it's ok that a single Wall Street company alone uses citizens' savings as collaterale for gambling used to pay crazy boni. Are you seriously ok with losing your savings if those banks go bust? Really?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Blah blah blah - I'm really angry! Blah blah blah - Power to the People! Blah blah blah - The rich are evil! Blah blah blah - Wake up America! Can't you see how angry I am? I'm mad as hell and I am just going to protest it because that is all I can do! I am helpless but I am the means of production! Blah blah blah - I wish there were solutions but all we can do is protest - Blah blah blah. Hey, at least I'm doing something about it blah blah blah. I don't know what the answer is, that is up to those evil rich people, my job is to protest so blah blah blah...

Their job is to raise awareness, and they're pretty clear in their demands. Your post is a prime example of why they need to keep it up, there's still some who don't get it, even though there's a $75 trillion damocles sword hanging over their heads

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Let's talk about awareness more people watch American Idol than pay attention to the ramblings of OWS.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join